Linksys PAP2T, SPA3000, SPA3012

Yaz

Aug 18, 2006, 5:23:31 AM8/18/06
I am looking to buy a Linksys/Sipura Telephone adaptor. I dont really know
the differences between these 3. Can anyone guide me in arrriving at the
best adaptor and price. I am looking to be able to use several VOIP
providers and have incoming calls divcerted to my mobile.

Yaz

Brian A

Aug 18, 2006, 5:38:53 AM8/18/06

PAP2 . Two independent voip channels. Can't have different incoming to
outgoing provider for a given channel.

SPA-3000. One voip channel, one PSTN (standard landline connection).
Phone will ring whichever line is calling. Can route via PSTN or voip.
possible to have 5 different outgoing providers but one of them must
be the same as the single incoming provider. A much more configurable
device than the PAP2 but the output is limited to one set of handsets.

SPA-3012. an enhanced version of the SPA-3000 afaik. I haven't studied
it very much though. No doubt some one else will post on this.

You might also look at the SPA-1001. Similar to PAP2 in facilities but
2 voip lines go to one set of handsets.

Additionally, there is the Fritzbox.
http://www.avm.de/en/

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Les Desser

Aug 18, 2006, 8:21:50 AM8/18/06
In article <j42be2t940p328j2h...@4ax.com>, Brian A
<no_spam...@hotmail.com> Fri, 18 Aug 2006 09:38:53 writes

>SPA-3012. an enhanced version of the SPA-3000 afaik. I haven't studied
>it very much though. No doubt some one else will post on this.

Just got a couple of these for a project but not actually set it up yet.

From http://www.provu.co.uk the 3000 and 3012 are the same price - about
£65 + VAT

The 3012 includes a DSL router so can be connected directly to an ADSL
modem. However, you can disable the router bit and use it like a 3000
--
Les Desser
(The Reply-to address IS valid)

paul123

Aug 18, 2006, 8:42:29 AM8/18/06

Les Desser wrote:
> In article <j42be2t940p328j2h...@4ax.com>, Brian A
> <no_spam...@hotmail.com> Fri, 18 Aug 2006 09:38:53 writes
>
> >SPA-3012. an enhanced version of the SPA-3000 afaik. I haven't studied
> >it very much though. No doubt some one else will post on this.

<snip>

> The 3012 includes a DSL router so can be connected directly to an ADSL
> modem. However, you can disable the router bit and use it like a 3000

A DSL router? - isn't it just a plain router? It can be plugged into a
cable modem/router too can't it? Anyone got one?

Paul

Aug 18, 2006, 9:01:34 AM8/18/06
yes it's a plain NAT'ed Ethernet router which can be connected to a
cable modem too.

cheers,
Paul.

Tim

Aug 18, 2006, 11:51:41 AM8/18/06
Les Desser wrote:
> In article <j42be2t940p328j2h...@4ax.com>, Brian A
> <no_spam...@hotmail.com> Fri, 18 Aug 2006 09:38:53 writes
>
>> SPA-3012. an enhanced version of the SPA-3000 afaik. I haven't studied
>> it very much though. No doubt some one else will post on this.

SPA-3102 has 2 ethernet ports. One Wan, one Lan with a NAT between.
It is like a cross between an SPA-3000 and an SPA-2100

> The 3012 includes a DSL router so can be connected directly to an ADSL
> modem. However, you can disable the router bit and use it like a 3000

The 3102 definitely doesn't have any DSL function.

Tim

Les Desser

Aug 18, 2006, 12:34:04 PM8/18/06
In article <44e5e20f$0$633$bed6...@news.gradwell.net>, Tim
<nut...@kooky.org> Fri, 18 Aug 2006 16:51:41 writes

>Les Desser wrote:
>
>> The 3012 includes a DSL router so can be connected directly to an ADSL
>> modem. However, you can disable the router bit and use it like a 3000
>
>The 3102 definitely doesn't have any DSL function.

Sorry for the slip of the pen :(

Yaz

Aug 23, 2006, 3:35:30 AM8/23/06

"Brian A" <no_spam...@hotmail.com> wrote

> PAP2 . Two independent voip channels. Can't have different incoming to
> outgoing provider for a given channel.
>
> You might also look at the SPA-1001. Similar to PAP2 in facilities but
> 2 voip lines go to one set of handsets.

What is the diifference between the PAP2 and the SPA1001. I dont really
need the PSTN on the same line. But would like ot have 2 voip providers on
the 1 line (ATA)?

Yaz

Brian A

Aug 23, 2006, 4:44:45 AM8/23/06

If you want to terminate both lines on ONE set of handsets then go for
the SPA-1001. The PAP2 has separate, independent, connections for
each line.

Yaz

Aug 23, 2006, 5:04:30 AM8/23/06

"Brian A" <no_spam...@hotmail.com> wrote > If you want to terminate
both lines on ONE set of handsets then go for
> the SPA-1001. The PAP2 has separate, independent, connections for
> each line.

What are the best prices for a PAP2 and SPA1001?

Yaz