New Coop SIM

Skip to the first unread message

R. Mark Clayton

9 Feb 2014, 12:05:3009/02/2014
It appears that the Co-op is about to enter the mobile phone market: -

http://www.talkingretail.com/category-news/supermarket/co-operative-launch-pay-go-sim-card/

apparently it has a special top up mode whereby half the money you put on
the SIM immediately disappears, a bit like it did for their bond holders: -

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/investing/10138455/Co-op-bondholders-form-action-group-to-fight-losses.html
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/investing/10186333/Youre-impoverishing-thousands-of-pensioners-Co-ops-regulator-told.html
etc. etc.

Bizarrely, despite announcing the closure of fifty branches (more than they
have?) the Coop Bank have just opened a new one in a prime location, less
than half a mile from their head office!

--

R. Mark Clayton

nospam...@btinternet.com
remove nospa for email

David P

9 Feb 2014, 15:28:1609/02/2014
On Sun, 09 Feb 2014 17:05:30 +0000, R. Mark Clayton wrote:

> Bizarrely, despite announcing the closure of fifty branches (more than
> they have?)

Perhaps they were the old Britannia B Soc offices that were no longer
required?

All the BBS are now being rebranded as Coop Bank where they are being
retained
--
David P

R. Mark Clayton

10 Feb 2014, 10:04:5210/02/2014

"David P" <m...@private.invalid> wrote in message
> On Sun, 09 Feb 2014 17:05:30 +0000, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
>>
>> Bizarrely, despite announcing the closure of fifty branches (more than
>> they have?)
>
> Perhaps they were the old Britannia B Soc offices that were no longer
> required?

Good guess - I think it was - perhaps they have the freehold / long lease...

> All the BBS are now being rebranded as Coop Bank where they are being
> retained

The Coop closed a branch near me several years ago.

Now if you want to pay in you have to queue up for half an hour at the PO
and they bodge simple transactions (like paying in!)