SKY ROUTER DROPPING OUT

Dave Boomhauer

Aug 28, 2007, 4:29:40 AM8/28/07
I'm a bit fed up with this now.

Particularly in the evening, but now more so during the whole day my Sky
Router loses synch and the line drops.

I've tried rebooting at the point when the line drops, but it appears to
make no odds......

The noise margin is consistently around 7db...

Is there anything else I can do?

Andy Burns

Aug 28, 2007, 6:14:16 AM8/28/07
On 28/08/2007 09:29, Dave Boomhauer wrote:

> I'm a bit fed up with this now.

What was wrong with your existing thread on the subject?

Dave Boomhauer

Aug 28, 2007, 11:50:17 AM8/28/07

"Dave Boomhauer" <REMOVETH...@talk21.com> wrote in message

Nobody's posting any replies!

Message has been deleted

WCZ

Aug 29, 2007, 3:05:45 AM8/29/07

"Walt" <Wa...@nothome.xxx> wrote in message
> The problem could probably be explained in one word SKY
> If sky broadband is anything like sky tv it only wants a blackbird to
> fly over and the signal is lost

Given that Sky BB is run over your telephone cables it's safe to say a
blackbird won't effect it - unless it eats through the cable or something.

Have you tried connecting to the master socket and seeing if the problem
persists? If it does try the test socket behind the master socket. Does
your phone make any crackly noises? Does anything happen in your house when
the connection drops - fridge starts up, lights come on that kind of thing.

Losing sync means the noise margin drops so low that the router can't
maintain connection. You need to eliminate causes within your property
first then push the problem onto Sky and BT or just Sky if you have an LLU
line.

XPUser

Aug 29, 2007, 7:18:59 AM8/29/07

Dave Boomhauer

Aug 29, 2007, 2:06:28 PM8/29/07

"XPUser" <x...@work.com> wrote in message

Thanks everyone!

naza

Aug 31, 2007, 2:12:33 PM8/31/07
On 28 Aug, 09:29, "Dave Boomhauer" <REMOVETHIS101...@talk21.com>
wrote:

I have the same problem as you. I have made a change to the MTU which
according to someone on the skyuser forum siad helped thier
connection. I cant comment becuase i have been restarting the router
myself for other reasons but i can say that the connection is More
responsive. Well anyway, go into your router and on the side click on
the link "Wan Setup". There should be a setting called MTU Size (in
bytes), make note of it just in case this one makes things worse(Post
it on the forum, i have seen a few sky routers and it seems to vary, i
am just curious of what your will be). Change it to 1492. Then
download Dr.TCP http://www.dslreports.com/front/DRTCP021.exe. Run it
and change the MTU on that to 1472. The run the Tweak Test:
http://www.dslreports.com/tweak
It should downlaod a file and then give you some results. If this
fails, then you need to set your MTU on both Dr.TCP and your Router
back to thier originals. If it succeeds, you will be asked about your
connection. Just fill it in and then on the new screen it will show
you the tweaks you can make. It might improve your line stabilty and
reduce Dropouts. but if it does not just change the settings beack to
the original