Speed up broadband for business line

Skip to the first unread message

Adam Lipscombe

26 Jun 2008, 05:31:2126/06/2008
Hi

Recently BT have introduced a "guaranteed" speed increase of at least 512k for a £90.00 fee. No
speed increase, no fee. On my slow line this would be quite a jump, and well worth having.

I phoned them to arrange it and they said it only applies non-business lines. Mine is a business line.

Does anyone know if there is something similar for business lines?

Thanks - Adam

The Natural Philosopher

26 Jun 2008, 05:43:5526/06/2008

yeah, a leased line :-)

I think you can also double up connections somehow.

Slider

26 Jun 2008, 06:09:0026/06/2008

"The Natural Philosopher" <a@b.c> wrote in message

Mines a domestic line and I replaced the standard master socket with an XTE
filtered socket and I got a hike of around 1mb. Only cost about £18 as well
for the new faceplate.

Adam Lipscombe

26 Jun 2008, 06:26:5426/06/2008
OK thanks.

Mine has a faceplate that is marked "ADSL V1.0".

What is that - is that the socket you describe?

Thanks - Adam

Slider

26 Jun 2008, 06:32:1926/06/2008

"Adam Lipscombe" <adam.li...@qucs.co.uk> wrote in message

> OK thanks.
>

> Mine has a faceplate that is marked "ADSL V1.0".
>
> What is that - is that the socket you describe?
>

> Thanks - Adam

This is what I have:-

http://www.adslnation.com/products/xte2005.php