Refund due on cancelled Sky+.

salima

Feb 6, 2008, 10:14:33 AM2/6/08
On 3rd December I cancelled my subs to Sky+ and on 7th Dec. they took a
months subs by Direct Debit. That was OK since the contract was one months
notice. On 11th Dec. all connections to Sky were dismantled at this
address.
On 9th Jan. they again took a months subs by Direct Debit. On 10th Jan I
wrote a letter toLivingston, I then cancelled this DD at the bank and
within a couple of days had a letter telling me that because I had cancelled
the DD I would be charged £4 on each invoice.
Tried to contact by phone for a couple of days and got tired of hanging on.
Did get through on one occasion and when I said that the subscription was
now cancelled the reply was "Oh you are not a subscriber" and the line went
dead.
I then telephoned the 08702430835 number and explained this sub. had been
cancelled was told a refund of £54.19 was due to me and was then passed
through to a young lady who assured me that this would be credited to the
account at my bank from which they had claimed the DD's. This was on 18th
January. No credit has yet been received by my bank.
Does anyone know how this can be resolved. Do they ever pay???

The Simpsons

Feb 6, 2008, 10:25:44 AM2/6/08

"salima" <al...@virginmedia.com> wrote in message

Contact you bank......see second paragraph under "The Direct Debit
Guarantee"
http://www.bba.org.uk/bba/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=828&a=10383

RT

Feb 6, 2008, 12:32:46 PM2/6/08

>> On 3rd December I cancelled my subs to Sky+

Good man, why pay to watch adverts every 5 minutes.

>>and on 7th Dec. they took a months subs by Direct Debit.

That's $KY all take!

>> On 11th Dec. all connections to Sky were dismantled at this address. On
>> 9th Jan. they again took a months subs by Direct Debit. On 10th Jan I

>> wrote a letter to Livingston, I then cancelled this DD at the bank and

>> within a couple of days had a letter telling me that because I had
>> cancelled the DD I would be charged £4 on each invoice.

Change your bank as well, tell em to stuff their charges!

>> Tried to contact by phone for a couple of days and got tired of hanging
>> on.

Nothings changed there then.

>> Did get through on one occasion and when I said that the subscription was
>> now cancelled the reply was "Oh you are not a subscriber" and the line
>> went dead.

Quality service from $KY

>> I then telephoned the 08702430835 number and explained this sub. had been
>> cancelled was told a refund of £54.19 was due to me and was then passed
>> through to a young lady who assured me that this would be credited to the
>> account at my bank from which they had claimed the DD's. This was on
>> 18th January. No credit has yet been received by my bank.

Money talks & bullshit walks

> Contact your bank......see second paragraph under "The Direct Debit
> Guarantee"
> http://www.bba.org.uk/bba/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=828&a=10383

Corporate greed is getting worse the sooner people stop paying the likes of
$KY
and change their bank accounts the sooner we all get something like a decent
service.

PeterT

Feb 6, 2008, 1:36:01 PM2/6/08
On Wed, 06 Feb 2008 15:14:33 GMT, "salima" <al...@virginmedia.com>
wrote:

Eawily nresolved by contacting your bank, explaining the position to
them and getting them to refund you via the Direct Debit Guarantee all
banks have - i.e. Id a direct debit has been taken in error the Bank
guaran

tees to refund you
--
Cheers