pump frequency

wrights...@aol.com

Aug 27, 2005, 3:35:41 PM8/27/05
I first noticed it a while back when diesel was Radio Sheffield
(Crosspool) at some filling stations, and strangely enough I noticed it
in Sheffield first. Later that day I was on the M1 and at Woodall
Services it was Radio 2 (Holme Moss). Quite a difference! At the time I
laughed and thought "Good job it isn't Radio Sheffield Holme Moss!" It
doesn't seem so funny now!

Since then it's climbed slowly through all the Radio 2s and the Radio
3s. I did see a Radio Leeds (Holme Moss) on the A1(M) but that was a
few months ago. Now we've got the higher Radio 4s, and quite commonly
in this part of the world BBC Radio Lincolnshire (Belmont). There's one
cheeky bastard in Rotherham who's already charging Classic FM
(Sandale). Mind you he says he's doing it as a protest. Surprisingly he
keeps selling diesel, despite an Asda just down the road advertising
Radio 4 (Pontop Pike).

It won't be long before they're up amongst the Classic FMs everywhere,
and then before we know it we'll be right up amongst all those jungle
music stations. Then what? Aeronautical beacons? I wonder how long it
will be before we hit the BBC national BAB mux (centre frequency)?

It's very worrying. My motorhome uses a litre every 10kHz.

Bill

Ivan

Aug 27, 2005, 3:41:59 PM8/27/05

<wrights...@aol.com> wrote in message
Christ Bill it's only 8:35pm, I've trained myself not to remove the stopper
until the clock chimes eight!

> Bill

Mark Carver

Aug 27, 2005, 4:21:04 PM8/27/05
wrights...@aol.com wrote:

> It's very worrying. My motorhome uses a litre every 10kHz.

Sainsburys in Basingstoke was only R2 Wenvoe last time I filled up, but I was
able to knock it down well below R2 Guildford using a voucher.

--
Mark

-<GB>-Carpy

Aug 27, 2005, 5:51:20 PM8/27/05

<wrights...@aol.com> wrote in message

Was it buy one case of Wrights Special Brew, get another free at your local
store Bill?

I'm hoping that once it hits Kiss Croydon we will see massive protests about
the ridiculous frequencies nowadays. A full tuner for me is well up into the
SHF band (approx 6.5ghz)

tony sayer

Aug 27, 2005, 6:29:58 PM8/27/05
wrights...@aol.com <wrights...@aol.com> writes

Been at the old, what's it called, Compton old fizzog head again?...
--
Tony Sayer

KeithB

Aug 28, 2005, 4:09:39 AM8/28/05

It varies here in Basingstoke between Radio 3 (Blaenplwyf) and Radio 4
(Oxford)

Regards

Keith

Phil Cook

Aug 28, 2005, 5:31:00 AM8/28/05
wrights...@aol.com wrote:

>I first noticed it a while back when diesel was Radio Sheffield
>(Crosspool) at some filling stations, and strangely enough I noticed it
>in Sheffield first. Later that day I was on the M1 and at Woodall
>Services it was Radio 2 (Holme Moss). Quite a difference! At the time I
>laughed and thought "Good job it isn't Radio Sheffield Holme Moss!" It
>doesn't seem so funny now!
>
>Since then it's climbed slowly through all the Radio 2s and the Radio
>3s. I did see a Radio Leeds (Holme Moss) on the A1(M) but that was a
>few months ago. Now we've got the higher Radio 4s, and quite commonly
>in this part of the world BBC Radio Lincolnshire (Belmont).

If you go up to the wilder parts of Scotland it is still Radio 4 but
they put Radio Scotland on the frequencies we use for 4 down here so
it is more expensive.

Marky P

Aug 28, 2005, 7:01:26 AM8/28/05
On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 21:21:04 +0100, Mark Carver
<mark....@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>wrights...@aol.com wrote:
>>
>> It's very worrying. My motorhome uses a litre every 10kHz.
>
>Sainsburys in Basingstoke was only R2 Wenvoe last time I filled up, but I was
>able to knock it down well below R2 Guildford using a voucher.

Diesil round our way is creeping up to Radio 1 (Sutton Coldfield), but
I try to avoid them where possible. St. Albans & Watford area are a
bit cheaper at Radio 1 (Oxford), where I fill up when coming out of
London.

Marky P.

dylan

Aug 28, 2005, 7:41:01 AM8/28/05

<wrights...@aol.com> wrote in message
Seen last week in Somerset it was Classic FM 99.9 (don't listen myself so
you can work out where that is )

Max Demian

Aug 28, 2005, 9:04:01 AM8/28/05
Was she pumping water? Was she *** hell!