FAO VBarrett

1 view

Ben Nunn

Mar 30, 2003, 6:27:55 PM3/30/03
Strange question I know: Do you have any relatives living in the Osterley
area of London?

Reason I ask is that you were in my dream last night - can't remember much
about it, but you were visiting London and came to visit me briefly, then I
walked you to Tooting rail station, and you said you were going back to your
family in Osterley where you were staying.

Would be interesting to know if there's any ^spooky^ reality to it...

BTN

Robert Poleson

Mar 30, 2003, 7:12:34 PM3/30/03
On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 00:27:55 +0100, Mr/Mrs/Ms Ben Nunn said...

What a completely vanilla, conformist, lovely, happy cuntwank of a dream.
I'm impressed.
rob at rjp.clara.net

"As usual, the wisest voice amidst the cacophonous crowd is Poleson's."

BTN

Victoria Barrett

Mar 30, 2003, 7:36:17 PM3/30/03
On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 00:27:55 +0100, "Ben Nunn" <ben...@depro.co.uk>
wrote:

>Strange question I know: Do you have any relatives living in the Osterley
>area of London?

Wow, not really but close to my POB - Hammersmith. There's a park
there that I remember quite well.

I haven't lived in London since I was 8, but I still think of myself
as a Londoner, ugly enough.

>Reason I ask is that you were in my dream last night - can't remember much
>about it, but you were visiting London and came to visit me briefly, then I
>walked you to Tooting rail station, and you said you were going back to your
>family in Osterley where you were staying.
>
>Would be interesting to know if there's any ^spooky^ reality to it...

I've no clue actually. I will definitely look into it and GBTY...

(Psst! Wonder what brought that on, Ben? BTW, I've dreamt of RSS but I
have yet to dream of UKSF. I'll have a bit of Stilton just before
sleeping tonight, so I'll let you know)

Tangent: Have you ever been in a city which, even without a map, you
know your way round almost as if you had lived there before, only you
had never been there in your life?

Brussels for me, and I moved around with such effortless grace, taking
shortcuts, finding back alleys unto the main road, that it impressed
my travelling companion no end.

And for some reason (and a less Nana Mouskouri-Souflaki-Ouzo woman you
can't imagine than me) I felt a strong cosmic link when I visited
Greece.

Mind you, unlike almost every post-1970's child born of hippies, I
don't believe in that reincarnation bollocks, but I confess, it made
me wonder.

Victoria Barrett

Mar 30, 2003, 7:42:19 PM3/30/03
I was THIS close to Andre Agassi and family today since I wheedled my
way into the VIP lounge of the Miami Masters in Key Biscayne, using my
old sports photog press pass of a few years back (Homeland Security
Code Orange my arse! I wasn't even frisked).

He looks almost the same as I remember him 5 years back, only shorter
and balder. For all I know, his nips are pierced too. Nice tits
though.

P.S.: And if any of you watched, and by chance the camera panned to
the upper 300 section, twas I wearing the red Union Flag t-shirt . UK,
representin' in da house, word!

Victoria Barrett

Mar 30, 2003, 7:45:50 PM3/30/03
On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 01:12:34 +0100, Robert Poleson <s...@m.no> wrote:
>On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 00:27:55 +0100, Mr/Mrs/Ms Ben Nunn said...
>> Strange question I know: Do you have any relatives living in the Osterley
>> area of London?
>>
>> Reason I ask is that you were in my dream last night - can't remember much
>> about it, but you were visiting London and came to visit me briefly, then I
>> walked you to Tooting rail station, and you said you were going back to your
>> family in Osterley where you were staying.
>>
>> Would be interesting to know if there's any ^spooky^ reality to it...
>>

>What a completely vanilla, conformist, lovely, happy cuntwank of a dream.
>I'm impressed.

It's because I let Stuart have a peak at me masturbating yesterday.
Naturally Ben's reaction that night was to have a perfectly normal
dream involving me. He's one screwed-up motha, I tell you.

Ben Nunn

Mar 30, 2003, 7:57:01 PM3/30/03
Unless I'm very much mistaken, it was Victoria Barrett
(vbar...@the-beach.net), in message
news:1n2f8vgfq7a5bvm0s...@4ax.com who said:

>> Strange question I know: Do you have any relatives living in the
>> Osterley area of London?
>
> Wow, not really but close to my POB - Hammersmith. There's a park
> there that I remember quite well.
>
> I haven't lived in London since I was 8, but I still think of myself
> as a Londoner, ugly enough.

Hmm... in the dream you were very 'American' IIRC. Details are sketchy. I
remember we'd come back from somewhere, then I was talking to you in my
doorway, then I walked with you down a road near where I live.

This road here http://tinyurl.com/8h8m in fact!

>> Reason I ask is that you were in my dream last night - can't
>> remember much about it, but you were visiting London and came to
>> visit me briefly, then I walked you to Tooting rail station, and you
>> said you were going back to your family in Osterley where you were
>> staying.
>>
>> Would be interesting to know if there's any ^spooky^ reality to it...
>
> I've no clue actually. I will definitely look into it and GBTY...
>
> (Psst! Wonder what brought that on, Ben? BTW, I've dreamt of RSS but I
> have yet to dream of UKSF. I'll have a bit of Stilton just before
> sleeping tonight, so I'll let you know)

I've had a lot of wierd dreams this weekend. Quite why you should feature
though - and no other UKSF people - is strange, admittedly. I think
physically you were a combination of two different people I knew as a child,
now that I think about it.

> Tangent: Have you ever been in a city which, even without a map, you
> know your way round almost as if you had lived there before, only you
> had never been there in your life?

Oh yes. Happened more than a few times. And can be pretty scary.

> Brussels for me, and I moved around with such effortless grace, taking
> shortcuts, finding back alleys unto the main road, that it impressed
> my travelling companion no end.
>
> And for some reason (and a less Nana Mouskouri-Souflaki-Ouzo woman you
> can't imagine than me) I felt a strong cosmic link when I visited
> Greece.

I found some places in Greece felt like 'home' even though I'd never been
before.

> Mind you, unlike almost every post-1970's child born of hippies, I
> don't believe in that reincarnation bollocks, but I confess, it made
> me wonder.

The other classic explanation is that memory is a dimension, and we can see
forward as well as back, and when something happens, we're recalling the
projection memory we'd had of it in the past.

BTN

Ben Nunn

Mar 30, 2003, 8:06:13 PM3/30/03
news:4d3f8vs54oihff75l...@4ax.com who said:
> I was THIS close to Andre Agassi and family today since I wheedled my
> way into the VIP lounge of the Miami Masters in Key Biscayne, using my
> old sports photog press pass of a few years back (Homeland Security
> Code Orange my arse! I wasn't even frisked).
>
> He looks almost the same as I remember him 5 years back, only shorter
> and balder. For all I know, his nips are pierced too. Nice tits
> though.

Awww... I *hate* Agassi. (No surprise there, presumably.) Don't like the
idea of having something in common with him...

OK, maybe 'hate' is too strong, as I've just thought of shitloads of Tennis
players past and present who I like even less.

Oh for the days when I had a press pass...

BTN

Victoria Barrett

Mar 30, 2003, 8:09:55 PM3/30/03
On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 01:57:01 +0100, "Ben Nunn" <ben...@depro.co.uk>
wrote:

>Unless I'm very much mistaken, it was Victoria Barrett
>Hmm... in the dream you were very 'American' IIRC.

Bugger. This can only mean one of two things: I was very fat and
wearing polyester shorts exposing my varicose veins, or had great
teeth.

Erm, I hoping the latter.

(Alternatively, I was very perky, chatty, drawing out my words like
Yanks do -- and laughing at everything everyone said, saying "You
Brits are a hoot!". Oh and also taking photos of anything
"foreign-looking" like the chalkboard menus outside pubs to show the
girls back home in Idaho. I do not heart your vision of me, Ben)

> Details are sketchy. I
>remember we'd come back from somewhere, then I was talking to you in my
>doorway, then I walked with you down a road near where I live.

*wanks*

>This road here http://tinyurl.com/8h8m in fact!

Whoa. You remembered the road's name? Did you dream in colour, by
chance? Mum (the psychiatrist) always asks that, though I don't recall
what that is supposed to signify.

>I've had a lot of wierd dreams this weekend. Quite why you should feature
>though - and no other UKSF people - is strange, admittedly. I think
>physically you were a combination of two different people I knew as a child,
>now that I think about it.

Did you dream of any numbers? No this isn't some Lotto question, but
apparently, numbers are keys to unlocking dreams more than any other
aspects.

>> Tangent: Have you ever been in a city which, even without a map, you
>> know your way round almost as if you had lived there before, only you
>> had never been there in your life?
>
>Oh yes. Happened more than a few times. And can be pretty scary.

Scary, yes. The same type of scary that one has when you meet that
"double" everyone says you have in this world.

I did -- in Torquay of all places. When I saw her come into the
restaurant, my jaw dropped -- it was I, save for the colour of eyes.
So as not to startle her, I moved my chair to the side, but I kept
peeking all night long.

>I found some places in Greece felt like 'home' even though I'd never been
>before.

The funny thing is, I wanted to have that same feeling in Egypt, since
I love the Pharaonic history and civilisation so much, but pfffft,
nada.

>The other classic explanation is that memory is a dimension, and we can see
>forward as well as back, and when something happens, we're recalling the
>projection memory we'd had of it in the past.

And yet another involves my mothers Ph.D. dissertation -- that memory
is inherited from thousands years and of generations.

I love this topic, Ben.

PAVELB1

Mar 30, 2003, 8:19:32 PM3/30/03
On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 02:06:13 +0100, "Ben Nunn" <ben...@depro.co.uk>
wrote:

>Unless I'm very much mistaken, it was Victoria Barrett

>(vbar...@the-beach.net), in message
>news:4d3f8vs54oihff75l...@4ax.com who said:
>> I was THIS close to Andre Agassi and family today since I wheedled my
>> way into the VIP lounge of the Miami Masters in Key Biscayne, using my
>> old sports photog press pass of a few years back (Homeland Security
>> Code Orange my arse! I wasn't even frisked).
>>
>> He looks almost the same as I remember him 5 years back, only shorter
>> and balder. For all I know, his nips are pierced too. Nice tits
>> though.
>

>Awww... I *hate* Agassi. (No surprise there, presumably.) Don't like the
>idea of having something in common with him...

You slept with Brooke Shields too? Slut.

>OK, maybe 'hate' is too strong, as I've just thought of shitloads of Tennis
>players past and present who I like even less.
>
>Oh for the days when I had a press pass...
>
>BTN

Yea...well I was THIS close to Amber Valletta....who looks many years
older than she should due to years of drug use.

Victoria Barrett

Mar 30, 2003, 8:22:36 PM3/30/03
wrote:
>Awww... I *hate* Agassi. (No surprise there, presumably.)

I never liked him, but like Martina at Wimbledon, he's come to grow on
me. This is the secret of being around a long time. Even those you
once hated, like Ray Coniff, get a standing O just because, after
awhile.

- Plus he's a very down-to-earth bloke, not like that cunt John
McEnroe who swears at people when they ask for his autograph.

Also, his charities in the US for poor kids are renowned. I know --
maybe it doesn't make up for that whole peroxide-mullet "Rebel" era,
but it's a bloody start.

> Don't like the
>idea of having something in common with him...

I did think, "gosh, that could be our Ben", only successful and with a
wife and cute child. But other than that...

>OK, maybe 'hate' is too strong, as I've just thought of shitloads of Tennis
>players past and present who I like even less.
>
>Oh for the days when I had a press pass...

Remember "I like..." when I mentioned that "beating the system" is one
of my likes?

Well this is what I meant, exactly. Oh the heady rush of getting away
with something!

As I stood in the queue, I kept telling myself, look natural, don't
give anyone nervous eye-contact, smile but don't look eager, and when
I presented the pass, the black press liason lady looked at me, and
smiled and said, "Fine".

I tell you, I don't know what it is like to win "Best Marrow" prize at
the village fete, but it can't feel half as exhiliarting to know you
just got away with something. Something really sneaky and great.

Yes!

*punches air*

Ben Nunn

Mar 30, 2003, 8:31:35 PM3/30/03
news:rj4f8vct3922alkms...@4ax.com who said:

>> Unless I'm very much mistaken, it was Victoria Barrett
>> Hmm... in the dream you were very 'American' IIRC.
>
> Bugger. This can only mean one of two things: I was very fat and
> wearing polyester shorts exposing my varicose veins, or had great
> teeth.
>
> Erm, I hoping the latter.

Teeth were nice and smiley IIRC. Hair was medium length ponytail.

> (Alternatively, I was very perky, chatty, drawing out my words like
> Yanks do -- and laughing at everything everyone said, saying "You
> Brits are a hoot!". Oh and also taking photos of anything
> "foreign-looking" like the chalkboard menus outside pubs to show the
> girls back home in Idaho. I do not heart your vision of me, Ben)

No, nothing like that. I think we had a serious, dignified conversation,
until you had to go, but can't remember what it was about.

I remember thinking that you were feeling uncomfortable and wanted to get
away from me really quickly. I think I tried to get you to stay longer.

>> Details are sketchy. I
>> remember we'd come back from somewhere, then I was talking to you in
>> my doorway, then I walked with you down a road near where I live.
>
> *wanks*
>
>> This road here http://tinyurl.com/8h8m in fact!
>
> Whoa. You remembered the road's name?

I know the road, because it's round the corner from where I live, and I walk
down it a lot. The end of the dream was basically me and you doing the
standard walk from my house toward the station.

> Did you dream in colour, by
> chance? Mum (the psychiatrist) always asks that, though I don't recall
> what that is supposed to signify.

99% of my dreams are in colour, and this was no exception. Think you were
wearing something light blue BTW.

>> I've had a lot of wierd dreams this weekend. Quite why you should
>> feature though - and no other UKSF people - is strange, admittedly.
>> I think physically you were a combination of two different people I
>> knew as a child, now that I think about it.
>
> Did you dream of any numbers? No this isn't some Lotto question, but
> apparently, numbers are keys to unlocking dreams more than any other
> aspects.

Can't remember any, but '19' comes to mind for some reason.

>> Oh yes. Happened more than a few times. And can be pretty scary.
>
> Scary, yes. The same type of scary that one has when you meet that
> "double" everyone says you have in this world.
>
> I did -- in Torquay of all places. When I saw her come into the
> restaurant, my jaw dropped -- it was I, save for the colour of eyes.
> So as not to startle her, I moved my chair to the side, but I kept
> peeking all night long.

Heh. I think I look distinct enough not to have a double in the world.

In fact, that would be a great competition - to find the person who looks
most like me, and see if there actually is anyone who comes close.

>> I found some places in Greece felt like 'home' even though I'd never
>> been before.
>
> The funny thing is, I wanted to have that same feeling in Egypt, since
> I love the Pharaonic history and civilisation so much, but pfffft,
> nada.

Same for me, but with Coventry instead of Egypt.

>> The other classic explanation is that memory is a dimension, and we
>> can see forward as well as back, and when something happens, we're
>> recalling the projection memory we'd had of it in the past.
>
> And yet another involves my mothers Ph.D. dissertation -- that memory
> is inherited from thousands years and of generations.
>
> I love this topic, Ben.

I find it creepy late at night, but fascinating. And probably healthy to
discuss.

BTN

Ben Nunn

Mar 30, 2003, 8:38:47 PM3/30/03
news:7e5f8vc6otbl7c4bd...@4ax.com who said:

> I never liked him, but like Martina at Wimbledon, he's come to grow on
> me. This is the secret of being around a long time. Even those you
> once hated, like Ray Coniff, get a standing O just because, after
> awhile.

I like Martina at Wimbledon a lot... She's a goddess. Oh, you mean that
*other* Martina. Right. *sulk*

>> Don't like the
>> idea of having something in common with him...
>
> I did think, "gosh, that could be our Ben", only successful and with a
> wife and cute child. But other than that...

Heh. I used to have the same haircut as well.

>> OK, maybe 'hate' is too strong, as I've just thought of shitloads of
>> Tennis players past and present who I like even less.
>>
>> Oh for the days when I had a press pass...
>
> Remember "I like..." when I mentioned that "beating the system" is one
> of my likes?
>
> Well this is what I meant, exactly. Oh the heady rush of getting away
> with something!
>
> As I stood in the queue, I kept telling myself, look natural, don't
> give anyone nervous eye-contact, smile but don't look eager, and when
> I presented the pass, the black press liason lady looked at me, and
> smiled and said, "Fine".
>
> I tell you, I don't know what it is like to win "Best Marrow" prize at
> the village fete, but it can't feel half as exhiliarting to know you
> just got away with something. Something really sneaky and great.
>
> Yes!
>
> *punches air*

Oooohhh, this webclit throbs ecstatically as I flick my intertongue back and
forth.

That is such a great feeling. When you realise that you've got away with it,
and can barely contain yourself.

It's that moment of realisation... does it for me every time.

When I was at Gordon Biersch in Memphis, I paid with a 50, and was given
change of a 100. As the holiday had been fucking shit until that moment, it
felt like a fucking massive result, provided I could get out before they
noticed. Could hardly contain my glee under my breath, muttering, 'let's
just leave, quickly and nonchalently, nice and calm'... Good times.

I think it's the nervous, edgy, shivery feeling that makes it fun, as much
as anything - it's strangely similiar to sex to me.

BTN

Robert Poleson

Mar 30, 2003, 8:53:59 PM3/30/03
On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 01:57:01 +0100, Mr/Mrs/Ms Ben Nunn said...

> I found some places in Greece felt like 'home' even though I'd never been
> before.

Somehow this doesn't surprise me.

Victoria Barrett

Mar 31, 2003, 2:17:17 AM3/31/03
On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 02:38:47 +0100, "Ben Nunn" <ben...@depro.co.uk>
wrote:

>I like Martina at Wimbledon a lot... She's a goddess. Oh, you mean that
>*other* Martina. Right. *sulk*

Yes, lezzie Martina, not light-bulb faced Martina.

I know you'll hate me (more), but I just don't see what you see in
Hingis. ESPECIALLY after that toddler-tantrum she threw in the French
Open. Very bad form.

Tangent: My grandmother told me a great Wimbledon story once, when she
was in attendance. Apparently, the legendary Suzanne Lenglen once
threw her racket down after losing a point (possibly against Helen
Wills Moody, the awesome American who seemed to have her number).
That's it. She just threw her racket down. No swearing. No Gallic
over-gesticulation. Just a tennis racket going kerplunk on grass.

Well, the whole Wimbledon crowd went dead silent, in that
uncomfortable dinner-party silence when somebody farts. You see,
George V and Queen Mary were in attendance, and throwing a temper
tantrum in public in front of royalty (in the great phrase of the day)
was simply NOT DONE.

Times. They are a-changin'...and I for one am glad.

>Heh. I used to have the same haircut as well.

What, you changed it?? That's how I remember you in the photo you
posted.

>> I tell you, I don't know what it is like to win "Best Marrow" prize at
>> the village fete, but it can't feel half as exhiliarting to know you
>> just got away with something. Something really sneaky and great.
>>
>> Yes!
>>
>> *punches air*
>

>Oooohhh, this webclit throbs ecstatically as I flick my intertongue back and
>forth.

Oh God, Ben. That was very sexy...

Now the one with the dreams tonight will be me.

>I think it's the nervous, edgy, shivery feeling that makes it fun, as much
>as anything - it's strangely similiar to sex to me.

Me too!

Help, I'm agreeing too much with Ben's massive web-schlong. I may have
to detox by clicking on Crankshaw's holiday snaps of wifey.

Ben Nunn

Mar 31, 2003, 7:31:29 AM3/31/03
news:k3qf8v8qd9p6akuer...@4ax.com who said:

>> I like Martina at Wimbledon a lot... She's a goddess. Oh, you mean
>> that *other* Martina. Right. *sulk*
>
> Yes, lezzie Martina, not light-bulb faced Martina.
>
> I know you'll hate me (more), but I just don't see what you see in
> Hingis. ESPECIALLY after that toddler-tantrum she threw in the French
> Open. Very bad form.

She felt the way I would've felt, if we're honest. I hope one day I can
teach her the word 'cuntspiracy'.

Broke the mould for female athleticism, until the fucking Williams
cuntbitches went and undid all her good work. Cunts.

> Tangent: My grandmother told me a great Wimbledon story once, when she
> was in attendance. Apparently, the legendary Suzanne Lenglen once
> threw her racket down after losing a point (possibly against Helen
> Wills Moody, the awesome American who seemed to have her number).
> That's it. She just threw her racket down. No swearing. No Gallic
> over-gesticulation. Just a tennis racket going kerplunk on grass.
>
> Well, the whole Wimbledon crowd went dead silent, in that
> uncomfortable dinner-party silence when somebody farts. You see,
> George V and Queen Mary were in attendance, and throwing a temper
> tantrum in public in front of royalty (in the great phrase of the day)
> was simply NOT DONE.
>
> Times. They are a-changin'...and I for one am glad.

Call me old fashioned, but I admire displays of raw emotion.

I love tennis, and I spend much of Wimbledon fortnight at the AEC, but the
cliquey traditionalism and establishment protocol does piss me off from time
to time.

Anyone remember when Des Lynam commentated on a 'Tennis Hooligan' in the
crowd at match point during a Brian Shelton-Jason Stoltenberg match about
ten years ago? That was me.

>> Heh. I used to have the same haircut as well.
>
> What, you changed it?? That's how I remember you in the photo you
> posted.

I used to have the 1991 Agassi haircut, I mean.

>> Oooohhh, this webclit throbs ecstatically as I flick my intertongue
>> back and forth.
>
> Oh God, Ben. That was very sexy...
>
> Now the one with the dreams tonight will be me.

I hope so. You didn't show up in mine. In fact, I can't remember a single
dream, which is surprising as I have a day in non-Ipswich and slept until
midday.

>> I think it's the nervous, edgy, shivery feeling that makes it fun,
>> as much as anything - it's strangely similiar to sex to me.
>
> Me too!
>
> Help, I'm agreeing too much with Ben's massive web-schlong. I may have
> to detox by clicking on Crankshaw's holiday snaps of wifey.

Nah, it's all good. Just go along with it, and ride the wave of pleasant
web-agreement. It doesn't happen too often.

I think one of the things I've learned about myself is that I *enjoy* that
slight scariness of anticipation. Probably the reason I like to keep on
pushing my boundaries and trying new things.

It all points rather worryingly to me being a serial killer in a few years
time though.

BTN

Julie J

Mar 31, 2003, 10:29:51 AM3/31/03
In message <4d3f8vs54oihff75l...@4ax.com>, Victoria
Barrett <vbar...@the-beach.net> writes

I'd find Goran Ivanisevic more interesting :挑

--
Julie J

Julie J

Mar 31, 2003, 10:32:22 AM3/31/03
In message <b69cfm$2ltdm$1...@ID-55895.news.dfncis.de>, Ben Nunn
<ben...@depro.co.uk> writes

>Call me old fashioned, but I admire displays of raw emotion.
>
>I love tennis, and I spend much of Wimbledon fortnight at the AEC, but
>the cliquey traditionalism and establishment protocol does piss me off
>from time to time.
>
>Anyone remember when Des Lynam commentated on a 'Tennis Hooligan' in
>the crowd at match point during a Brian Shelton-Jason Stoltenberg match
>about ten years ago? That was me.

Really??? I remember the Tennis Hooligan incident ..
--
Julie J

Ben Nunn

Mar 31, 2003, 11:00:31 AM3/31/03
Unless I'm very much mistaken, it was Julie J (jul...@dsl.pipex.com),

It was quite funny. I'd been drinking all day, got into this game on Court
No.2 (in the days when the seating was open to all) and decided that
afternoon that one of the players was fucking great, and that I hated the
other one - mainly because all of the other people in the crowd seemed to be
behind Stoltenberg, so I wanted the other guy to win.

And fucking hell, he actually did win, and the crowd were groaning and
sighing in support of the other guy, and I shouted out something like 'shut
up you cunts. Come on Brian.', and a few people got annoyed.

And once he'd successfully converted the match point I laughed at everyone.

Heh. Always sticking up for the little guy, me.

Only when I saw the coverage with commentary when I got home did I realise
how noticable the whole incident was.

BTN

Ben Nunn

Mar 31, 2003, 11:01:02 AM3/31/03
Unless I'm very much mistaken, it was Julie J (jul...@dsl.pipex.com),

I don't like people who spit all the time. Eywww.

BTN

Stuart Vincent®

Mar 31, 2003, 12:24:23 PM3/31/03

"Victoria Barrett" <vbar...@the-beach.net> wrote in message

And I peaked, too.

Stu
--
'I was being sarcastic'
Homer Simpson

Stuart Vincent®

Mar 31, 2003, 12:28:31 PM3/31/03

"Victoria Barrett" <vbar...@the-beach.net> wrote in message

> Tangent: Have you ever been in a city which, even without a map, you
> know your way round almost as if you had lived there before, only you
> had never been there in your life?
>
> Brussels for me, and I moved around with such effortless grace, taking
> shortcuts, finding back alleys unto the main road, that it impressed
> my travelling companion no end.

Budapest did it for me. Really strane feeling. It seemes that I knew exactly
where me and my GF of the time were going. We found some great shops down
little back streets and it really did feel like I'd been there done that all
sometime before.

Eerie sensation, that Dęja vu.

Victoria Barrett

Mar 31, 2003, 1:08:35 PM3/31/03
On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 16:29:51 +0100, Julie J <jul...@dsl.pipex.com>
wrote:

>I'd find Goran Ivanisevic more interesting :挑

Julie J, I am forced to disagree with your webboobs. Goran does
nothing for me, like Tory Tim Henman. *shiver*

But Phillipoussis on the other hand...

Victoria Barrett

Mar 31, 2003, 1:13:52 PM3/31/03
On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 18:28:31 +0100, "Stuart Vincent®"
>"Victoria Barrett" <vbar...@the-beach.net> wrote in message
>> Tangent: Have you ever been in a city which, even without a map, you
>> know your way round almost as if you had lived there before, only you
>> had never been there in your life?
>>
>> Brussels for me, and I moved around with such effortless grace, taking
>> shortcuts, finding back alleys unto the main road, that it impressed
>> my travelling companion no end.
>>

>Budapest did it for me. Really strane feeling.

Oddly enough, nearby Bucharest was like that for me too. And some
areas I had that feeling stronger than others.

- Budapest was at once too rococco and musty, in a kind of
Vienna-wannabe way, for me to like though. Gorgeous mind you, I just
didn't like it.

> It seemes that I knew exactly
>where me and my GF of the time were going.

Married her, did you?

> We found some great shops down
>little back streets and it really did feel like I'd been there done that all
>sometime before.
>

>Eerie sensation, that Dêja vu.

Simply horrible. I hope scientists hurry up and find a cure for it,
and stop with all that curing cancer bollocks.

Michael Cunningham

Mar 31, 2003, 1:25:53 PM3/31/03
"Ben Nunn" <ben...@depro.co.uk> wrote in message

> I've had a lot of wierd dreams this weekend. Quite why you should feature
> though - and no other UKSF people - is strange, admittedly. I think
> physically you were a combination of two different people I knew as a child,
> now that I think about it.

I had a dream about UKSF quite recently. I don't remember what happened,
though. You see, I rarely remember dreams but I always carry a little notebook
or a few post-it note type things around with me to write down notes and ideas
during the day. And I had one of these post-it note type things beside my bed
at the time so I wrote it down when I woke up. But my arm was dead at the
time and I was sort of writing uphill so it didn't come out particularly clearly.
I still haven't been able to work out what the fuck it says. I think the first word
begins with 'L' but it could be a 'C', too.

I'll get back to you when it comes to me.

--
Mike

http://www.overanalyse.com

Victoria Barrett

Mar 31, 2003, 1:40:24 PM3/31/03
On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 13:31:29 +0100, "Ben Nunn" <ben...@depro.co.uk>
wrote:
<snip bit about Martina Hingis>

>She felt the way I would've felt, if we're honest. I hope one day I can
>teach her the word 'cuntspiracy'.

Tbh, Ben, you know you only want to teach her one part of that word,
though why you chose spiracy, I've no idea.

>Broke the mould for female athleticism, until the fucking Williams
>cuntbitches went and undid all her good work. Cunts.

Ugh, can't bleedin' stand either or them, and their moron father.

They have completely ruined women's tennis for me, and tennis was a
few years ago what football has become since 2001for me -- I
practised, talked about and watched it religiously.

Now, I just watch the Slams. And the Simpsons.

>Call me old fashioned, but I admire displays of raw emotion.

I do too. Raw emotion is honest, and that's why I admire Americans so.

>I love tennis, and I spend much of Wimbledon fortnight at the AEC, but the
>cliquey traditionalism and establishment protocol does piss me off from time
>to time.

It gets a bit much, I agree.

I always pause in front of Fred Perry's statue and bitterly mumble
something about the Wimbledon establishment paying lip service to him
in life whilst being hypocritical cunts about him in death.

>Anyone remember when Des Lynam commentated on a 'Tennis Hooligan' in the
>crowd at match point during a Brian Shelton-Jason Stoltenberg match about
>ten years ago? That was me.

Wow. Yes, I do! Wait, I fear I must LOL!1 here. That's too funny, our
Ben.

TANGENT: During WC '94 in America, my parents and I didn't miss one
Brazil match (my dad is a world famous Brazilianist footy-lover, okay
just RSS-famous, but still). However, I felt England had to be
represented somehow, so what did I do?

I took some brown paper bags, and cut "eyes, nose and mouth" on them,
making the mouth a downward unsmiley one.

Then with a black marker I printed "England Fan" on the front.

A dab of red and blue, and voila, a perfect mask to be worn for the
three of us, rather like the Crusader costumes so fashionable during
WC 2002.

WELL. A few months later, I was chatting to a Brazilian friend when he
mentioned that he had caught sight of these crazy Brits wearing brown
paper bags as masks on ESPN, the cable sports network, and indeed had
made their famous "intro" montage. I almost fainted, and so did he
when I told him that was us.

(Me, mum and dad, wearing brown paper baggies on US telly! Priceless)

I sooooooo want to have a copy of that video footage, but many emails
in many year to ESPN later, and no reply. Cunt(s). :-/

>I used to have the 1991 Agassi haircut, I mean.

Oh.

That is all. Just oh. I mean, what else can one say when someone
admits to having had a peroxide Davy Crockett hairdo?

>I hope so. You didn't show up in mine. In fact, I can't remember a single
>dream, which is surprising as I have a day in non-Ipswich and slept until
>midday.

Try Gorgonzola. Stilton just made me dream of Joe's mouse...

>Nah, it's all good. Just go along with it, and ride the wave of pleasant
>web-agreement. It doesn't happen too often.
>
>I think one of the things I've learned about myself is that I *enjoy* that
>slight scariness of anticipation. Probably the reason I like to keep on
>pushing my boundaries and trying new things.
>
>It all points rather worryingly to me being a serial killer in a few years
>time though.

Fourthed.

Stuart Vincent®

Mar 31, 2003, 2:38:08 PM3/31/03

> On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 18:28:31 +0100, "Stuart Vincent®"
> >"Victoria Barrett" <vbar...@the-beach.net> wrote in message
> >> Tangent: Have you ever been in a city which, even without a map, you
> >> know your way round almost as if you had lived there before, only you
> >> had never been there in your life?
> >>
> >> Brussels for me, and I moved around with such effortless grace, taking
> >> shortcuts, finding back alleys unto the main road, that it impressed
> >> my travelling companion no end.
> >>

> >Budapest did it for me. Really strane feeling.
>
> Oddly enough, nearby Bucharest was like that for me too. And some
> areas I had that feeling stronger than others.
>
> - Budapest was at once too rococco and musty, in a kind of
> Vienna-wannabe way, for me to like though. Gorgeous mind you, I just
> didn't like it.

That's _exactly_ what I found so appealing about Budapest, and indeed
Hungary in general.

> > It seemes that I knew exactly
> >where me and my GF of the time were going.
>
> Married her, did you?

No. Couple months later she decided that cos she lived in Dagenham, and I
near Norwich that it was too hard to see each other as frequently as she
liked, so she decided we should split up. I found out later that she was
actually seeing someone else at the same time as me.
Bitch.

> > We found some great shops down
> >little back streets and it really did feel like I'd been there done that
all
> >sometime before.
> >
> >Eerie sensation, that Dêja vu.
>
> Simply horrible. I hope scientists hurry up and find a cure for it,
> and stop with all that curing cancer bollocks.

Agree with this malignant intercancerous webtumour

Ben Nunn

Mar 31, 2003, 2:45:13 PM3/31/03
news:dk1h8v41dki3ctc5p...@4ax.com who said:
> On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 13:31:29 +0100, "Ben Nunn" <ben...@depro.co.uk>
> wrote:
> <snip bit about Martina Hingis>
>> She felt the way I would've felt, if we're honest. I hope one day I
>> can teach her the word 'cuntspiracy'.
>
> Tbh, Ben, you know you only want to teach her one part of that word,
> though why you chose spiracy, I've no idea.

Ooh, what are you implying?

That my adulation for Martina is somehow akin to the base, cheap distateful
level of the Kournikova fanboys? For shame, Victoria, for shame.

>> Broke the mould for female athleticism, until the fucking Williams
>> cuntbitches went and undid all her good work. Cunts.
>
> Ugh, can't bleedin' stand either or them, and their moron father.

And don't forget Mummy troll. And the rest of their fucking heavyweight
champion-style entourage...

> They have completely ruined women's tennis for me, and tennis was a
> few years ago what football has become since 2001for me -- I
> practised, talked about and watched it religiously.
>
> Now, I just watch the Slams. And the Simpsons.

Quite. And from what I've heard of other players opinions of them, they're a
right bunch of self-obsessed cuntbitches who won't even show any other
player respect to even talk to them in the locker room.

>> Call me old fashioned, but I admire displays of raw emotion.
>
> I do too. Raw emotion is honest, and that's why I admire Americans so.

Hmm... this is where our lingering weblips will have to bid part.

I'm by no means anti-American, but I feel a lot of their so-called emotion
is mainstream manufactured rather than truly heartfelt.

>> I love tennis, and I spend much of Wimbledon fortnight at the AEC,
>> but the cliquey traditionalism and establishment protocol does piss
>> me off from time to time.
>
> It gets a bit much, I agree.
>
> I always pause in front of Fred Perry's statue and bitterly mumble
> something about the Wimbledon establishment paying lip service to him
> in life whilst being hypocritical cunts about him in death.

An admirable work. Though worryingly similiar to what Conlan would do.

> (Me, mum and dad, wearing brown paper baggies on US telly! Priceless)

I can see the image now.

*tweaks nipples*

BTN

Allen Parkes

Mar 31, 2003, 3:03:30 PM3/31/03
Victoria Barrett <vbar...@the-beach.net> once famously said:

>Tangent: Have you ever been in a city which, even without a map, you
>know your way round almost as if you had lived there before, only you
>had never been there in your life?

This happened to me as a kid. Driving through some random town with
myfolks, I asked if we could stop at the toy shop. They all said
"we're past it now," assuming I'd seen it out the back window. I
retorted "no, it's round the corner." Cue much guffawing, until we
rounded the corner and there it was.

Weird perhaps, but not as weird as how I learned to swim.

Al
--
"Just keep quiet and humour him, he might go away"

Allen Parkes

Mar 31, 2003, 3:05:59 PM3/31/03
"Ben Nunn" <ben...@depro.co.uk> once famously said:

>I've had a lot of wierd dreams this weekend.

I woke up this morning with a fresh dream in my head of chasing, and
then being chased by, a small but deadly snake in my flat. Eventually
I caught it and as I was holding it, it bit through it's own jaw to
get me. And I thought "Ah, now I'm fucked." Then I woke up and the
alarm was going off and I had to go to work and though "Ah, now I'm
fucked."

Analysis, anyone?

James Cook

Mar 31, 2003, 4:11:10 PM3/31/03

> Tangent: Have you ever been in a city which, even without a map, you
> know your way round almost as if you had lived there before, only you
> had never been there in your life?

Nope. Not ever. Although after a marathon drinking binge in Chelsea one
night I couldn't find my way around a city I *had* lived in all my life. A
bit like your story, only entirely different.

Ben Nunn

Mar 31, 2003, 4:53:51 PM3/31/03
Unless I'm very much mistaken, it was Allen Parkes
(allen....@nospam.blueyonder.co.uk), in message

Anecdotes involving ST's cock are always a little wierd.

BTN

Mike Hall

Mar 31, 2003, 5:25:49 PM3/31/03
Ben Nunn wrote:

> Strange question I know: Do you have any relatives living in the Osterley
> area of London?

> Reason I ask is that you were in my dream last night - can't remember much
> about it, but you were visiting London and came to visit me briefly, then

> walked you to Tooting rail station...

...but you got mugged and left for dead as Figges Marsh (a sort of Mad Max
zone in London SW17 ). That's what happens to everyone else who walks to
Tooting rail station, even in their dreams. They used to have a permanent
police presence on those Thameslink trains in but they realised it'd be
cheaper to let people get beaten up and pay compensation.
Anyway, it's very mean of you to walk a lass to that part of town, even if
you didn't really!

>, and you said you were going back to your
> family in Osterley where you were staying.

Hmm... actually I think one can get from Tooting to Osterley with one
change at Kings Cross. Spooky enough? No? Maybe you actually dreamt
Longley (nearby road to the rail station) Rd? It leads up to Victoria if
you don't mind knocking down the local hospital on the way. Are you having
dreams of being a Conservative?
There is also a long, mostly underground, river (Graveney) which leads up
from this area which probably travels through Victoria. That's too
psychological though.

> Would be interesting to know if there's any ^spooky^ reality to it...

There's a Barrett's shoe shop at the top of Seely Road (near Tooting rail
station) IIRC. Lots of famous people lived in that region (Colin Pates -
Arsenal reserve defender when George Graham realised that he could win the
league by buying up every single half-decent central defender, Junior -
reasonably famous singer, Honor Blackman, Chris Perry - Spurs defender) and
the Queen Mother (deceased) travelled up the road in 1977 (Silver Jubilee).
It is a very Mulderish area come to think of it.

Mike Hall

Ben Nunn

Mar 31, 2003, 5:42:42 PM3/31/03
Unless I'm very much mistaken, it was Mike Hall
(tar...@spam3block.yahoo.com), in message
news:Nf3ia.7163$Bo3.48...@news-text.cableinet.net who said:

>> Strange question I know: Do you have any relatives living in the
>> Osterley area of London?
>
>> Reason I ask is that you were in my dream last night - can't
>> remember much about it, but you were visiting London and came to
>> visit me briefly, then I walked you to Tooting rail station...
>
> ...but you got mugged and left for dead as Figges Marsh (a sort of
> Mad Max zone in London SW17 ). That's what happens to everyone else
> who walks to Tooting rail station, even in their dreams. They used
> to have a permanent police presence on those Thameslink trains in but
> they realised it'd be cheaper to let people get beaten up and pay
> compensation. Anyway, it's very mean of you to walk a lass to that
> part of town, even if you didn't really!

Hmm... I'll blame you if I get beaten up for the first time ever on that
line when I go in to work tomorrow morning.

>> , and you said you were going back to your
>> family in Osterley where you were staying.
>
> Hmm... actually I think one can get from Tooting to Osterley with one
> change at Kings Cross. Spooky enough? No?

If you walked to Tooting Broadway first, but it would take a fucking long
time.

The quickest way is: Thameslink to Wimbledon, District Line to Earls Court,
Piccadilly to Osterley. Probably about an hour.

> Maybe you actually dreamt
> Longley (nearby road to the rail station) Rd? It leads up to
> Victoria if you don't mind knocking down the local hospital on the
> way. Are you having dreams of being a Conservative?
> There is also a long, mostly underground, river (Graveney) which
> leads up from this area which probably travels through Victoria.
> That's too psychological though.

Nah, the Graveney is mostly above ground, and it joins the Wandle at
Colliers Wood.

You'll need to work harder on your bollocks.

>> Would be interesting to know if there's any ^spooky^ reality to it...
>
> There's a Barrett's shoe shop at the top of Seely Road (near Tooting
> rail station) IIRC. Lots of famous people lived in that region
> (Colin Pates - Arsenal reserve defender when George Graham realised
> that he could win the league by buying up every single half-decent
> central defender, Junior - reasonably famous singer, Honor Blackman,
> Chris Perry - Spurs defender) and the Queen Mother (deceased)
> travelled up the road in 1977 (Silver Jubilee). It is a very
> Mulderish area come to think of it.

Thanks. I'll ask you again when I need to know more about my local area.

BTN

Julie J

Mar 31, 2003, 5:47:14 PM3/31/03
In message <ru0h8vs7nl1tvmvsa...@4ax.com>, Victoria
Barrett <vbar...@the-beach.net> writes

>Julie J, I am forced to disagree with your webboobs. Goran does nothing
>for me, like Tory Tim Henman. *shiver*
>
>But Phillipoussis on the other hand...
I agree with this web (apart from the Goran bit)

Tory Tim "Nice But Dim) Henman, I'm sure Harry Enfield based that
character on him.
--
Julie J

Allen Parkes

Mar 31, 2003, 6:10:05 PM3/31/03
"Ben Nunn" <ben...@depro.co.uk> once famously said:

Indeed. One day, you may spell it right.

Byt anyway...go on, ask me...ask me how I learned to swim...

Ben Nunn

Mar 31, 2003, 6:31:46 PM3/31/03
news:vmih8vgn3knv3fbic...@4ax.com who said:

>>> This happened to me as a kid. Driving through some random town with
>>> myfolks, I asked if we could stop at the toy shop. They all said
>>> "we're past it now," assuming I'd seen it out the back window. I
>>> retorted "no, it's round the corner." Cue much guffawing, until we
>>> rounded the corner and there it was.
>>>
>>> Weird perhaps, but not as weird as how I learned to swim.
>>
>> Anecdotes involving ST's cock are always a little wierd.
>
> Indeed. One day, you may spell it right.

Sorry, I'm always getting it wrong.

It's ST's _cook_ which is wierd.

> Byt anyway...go on, ask me...ask me how I learned to swim...

No. Not until after we've all heard the story of how you learned to swim.

BTN

Allen Parkes

Mar 31, 2003, 7:14:21 PM3/31/03
"Ben Nunn" <ben...@depro.co.uk> once famously said:

>> Byt anyway...go on, ask me...ask me how I learned to swim...
>
>No. Not until after we've all heard the story of how you learned to swim.

Well, see, when I was a wee lad my folks would take me to the swimming
baths and I hated it. Screamed the place down until they took me
home, apparently.

Then, one morning, I insisted they take me there. Fearing for the
screamage to come, they declined, until I insisted. "I can swim," I
said. "How?" my mom asked, "I was doing it last night in my dream," I
replied.

Bemused, they took me to the baths anyway - and on setting foot in the
water, I swam across the pool.

Dat

Mar 31, 2003, 7:35:48 PM3/31/03

Ah-ha. I see the problem here. You can't actually swim, Al. Sorry to
be the one to tell you. You can walk on water, no problem, but
swimming it is not.

--
Dat

Joe Horowitz

Mar 31, 2003, 7:53:37 PM3/31/03

"Victoria Barrett" <vbar...@the-beach.net> wrote in message

> >Call me old fashioned, but I admire displays of raw emotion.
>
> I do too. Raw emotion is honest, and that's why I admire Americans so.

I don't like the smell of this webcheese, for some reason, but I can't quite
put my finger on it. <reads Ben's reply to the same bit>. Ah yes, that's it.

What Ben said.

Joe
--
Did you miss a digit off Joe's score?

Joe Horowitz

Mar 31, 2003, 7:55:43 PM3/31/03

> It was quite funny. I'd been drinking all day, got into this game on Court
> No.2 (in the days when the seating was open to all) and decided that
> afternoon that one of the players was fucking great, and that I hated the
> other one - mainly because all of the other people in the crowd seemed to
be
> behind Stoltenberg, so I wanted the other guy to win.

<snip>

Superb anecdote, Ben. Excellent. Does anyone know of a web-clip we could see
of this? Probably not, as it's a while back and not very famous, but it
would be excellent to see the great man in action.

Joe Horowitz

Mar 31, 2003, 7:57:19 PM3/31/03

"Allen Parkes" <allen....@nospam.blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> I woke up this morning with a fresh dream in my head of chasing, and
> then being chased by, a small but deadly snake in my flat. Eventually
> I caught it and as I was holding it, it bit through it's own jaw to
> get me. And I thought "Ah, now I'm fucked." Then I woke up and the
> alarm was going off and I had to go to work and though "Ah, now I'm
> fucked."
>
> Analysis, anyone?

It looks worryingly like England 1 - Turkey 1 from here.

Ben Nunn

Apr 1, 2003, 3:26:09 AM4/1/03
Unless I'm very much mistaken, it was Joe Horowitz
(jh007c31...@blueyonder.co.uk), in message

news:b6ant7$3ed8j$1...@ID-146919.news.dfncis.de who said:
> "Victoria Barrett" <vbar...@the-beach.net> wrote in message
>>> Call me old fashioned, but I admire displays of raw emotion.
>>
>> I do too. Raw emotion is honest, and that's why I admire Americans
>> so.
>
> I don't like the smell of this webcheese, for some reason, but I
> can't quite put my finger on it. <reads Ben's reply to the same bit>.
> Ah yes, that's it.
>
> What Ben said.

Ah, your fingers are gently caressing the folds of my webvulva once again,
Mikey.

BTN

Joe Horowitz

Apr 1, 2003, 6:49:29 AM4/1/03

"Ben Nunn" <ben...@depro.co.uk> wrote in message

Offended.

Serious Tiger

Apr 1, 2003, 1:45:43 PM4/1/03

A bit like when I was in Florence a few weeks ago, and after spending Sunday in a bar watching
England tonk Italy at rugby (and managing not to kick off with any Italians, but then it was an
Irish bar - run by a black man who wasn't gay, oddly), I couldn't find my way around a city I hadn't
been to before. Very strange.

I just wasn't Prague, though.

~ST~

Mike Hall

Apr 1, 2003, 2:12:18 PM4/1/03
Ben Nunn wrote:
> Mike Hall wrote:
> > Sister Ben wrote:

> >> Reason I ask is that you were in my dream last night - can't
> >> remember much about it, but you were visiting London and came to
> >> visit me briefly, then I walked you to Tooting rail station...

> > ...but you got mugged and left for dead as Figges Marsh (a sort of
> > Mad Max zone in London SW17 ). That's what happens to everyone else
> > who walks to Tooting rail station, even in their dreams.

> Hmm... I'll blame you if I get beaten up for the first time ever on that

> line when I go in to work tomorrow morning.

You aren't a mugger are you? That'd make the dream more realistic,
especially if living in Osterly is Sarf London patois for 'being walked to
three cash machines and being forced to withdraw Ł1500'.

Mike Hall (who knows way too much about nothing)

Michael Cunningham

Apr 1, 2003, 3:36:40 PM4/1/03

> Well, see, when I was a wee lad my folks would take me to the swimming
> baths and I hated it. Screamed the place down until they took me
> home, apparently.
>
> Then, one morning, I insisted they take me there. Fearing for the
> screamage to come, they declined, until I insisted. "I can swim," I
> said. "How?" my mom asked, "I was doing it last night in my dream," I
> replied.
>
> Bemused, they took me to the baths anyway - and on setting foot in the
> water, I swam across the pool.

That's an incredible story and one that certainly strikes a chord with me.
When I was around eight, you see, my sister and I used to try to jump up
and touch the door frame in the front room. Now, my sister is three years
older than me and so was an inch or two taller, which gave her a distinct
advantage. But neither of us could ever quite touch it. And then one day,
I just said "I bet I can reach it now." She looked at me in bemusement but I
just knew I was going to do it. So, I stood in position, summoned all my
jumping powers and leapt higher than ever before, connecting gloriously with
the previously unreachable door frame. It was a truly great moment as I
triumphantly teased my defeated sister and it's not something I'll ever forget.

I was 22 at the time.

--
Mike

http://www.overanalyse.com

James Cook

Apr 1, 2003, 4:20:41 PM4/1/03

> Sorry, I'm always getting it wrong.
>
> It's ST's _cook_ which is wierd.

I'm not ST's cook, I demand to be shared around.

Allen Parkes

Apr 2, 2003, 12:47:08 PM4/2/03
use...@deletespamfilter.serioustiger.com (Serious Tiger) once famously
said:

>I just wasn't Prague, though.

But can any of us really say that we are?