Henderson Exposed as Liar

Paul Beck

Jul 2, 2003, 4:18:02 AM7/2/03
Well he was given a thread with a specific opportunity to defend his lies
and all he was able to manage was a number of infantile responses. As a week
has now passed since he was asked to defend his lies and he has been unable
to do so, one can only assume that he admits that he lied to suit his racist
and xenophobic purpose. I think it is reasonable to ask our Mr Henderson to
do the honourable thing. He should make a public apology to this NG and no
longer make any posts which can be regarded as either racist and/or
xenophobic. If he wishes to air his extreme views he should air them
elsewhere as I feel certain that 99% of people on here have no respect for
his line of thought at all. I have no objection to his contributions on pure
cricket subjects whatsoever, but he may also find that this would be a good
time to stop posting his childish one line comments to all and sundry. You
would think that a man in his fifties would have a little more self -respect
than putting himself up as a figure of complete and utter ridicule.

Robert. This is your opportunity to actually come out of this whole pathetic
thing with a little credit. May I suggest you take it.

Paul

Robert Henderson

Jul 2, 2003, 4:56:47 AM7/2/03
In article <bdu4fp$kjr$1...@titan.btinternet.com>, Paul Beck
<paul...@marucogroup.co.uk> writes

Inject the triple dose now, nurse. RH

--
Robert Henderson
phi...@anywhere.demon.co.uk

Toby Briggs

Jul 2, 2003, 5:43:17 AM7/2/03
<snip>

> Inject the triple dose now, nurse. RH
<snip>

RH, why don't you just reply normally. With regards to history of this
wonderful sport, your knowledge is second to none.

But when it comes to someone challenging your view on various issues, you
retort to playground tricks.

Anyways, back to proper subjects - a Sussex XI, if you may.

Cheers

Tobes

--
Toby Briggs
www.worldcricketacademy.com

Robert Henderson

Jul 2, 2003, 6:22:07 AM7/2/03
In article <bdu9fm$8kn$1...@news6.svr.pol.co.uk>, Toby Briggs <toby@twbrigg
s.freeserve.co.uk> writes

><snip>
>>
>> Inject the triple dose now, nurse. RH
><snip>
>
>RH, why don't you just reply normally. With regards to history of this
>wonderful sport, your knowledge is second to none.
>
>But when it comes to someone challenging your view on various issues, you
>retort to playground tricks.

It is applied psychology. Just be patient. RH

>Anyways, back to proper subjects - a Sussex XI, if you may.

Jack Vine LBG
Charles Fry
David Sheppard
Ted Dexter RFM
Jim Parks wk
James Langridge SLA
Maurice Tate RFM
Arthur Gilligan RF (capt)
Ian Thompson RFM
Fred Tate ROB
John Snow RF

>Cheers
>
>Tobes

Cricketislife!

Jul 2, 2003, 7:09:37 AM7/2/03
Robert Henderson wrote:
>>Anyways, back to proper subjects - a Sussex XI, if you may.
>>
> Jack Vine LBG
> Charles Fry
> David Sheppard
> Ted Dexter RFM
> Jim Parks wk
> James Langridge SLA
> Maurice Tate RFM
> Arthur Gilligan RF (capt)
> Ian Thompson RFM
> Fred Tate ROB
> John Snow RF
>-------

No Ranjit singhiji! though not a surprise from u!. Sussex cricket owes a
lot to Ranji, I am sure you would agree. Incidentally his last days of
life were very sad. AS Ashish Nandy, a a famous Indian sociologist wrote

/'the Jam Saheb lived in a state of "permanent psychological diaspora",
an "emigrant at heart". Ranji spent a vast sum of money entertaining
English cricketing friends visiting India but was singularly unmindful
about the welfare of Indian cricket. He died bitter and lonely at the
end, entombed in his ancestral home - the vast and sumptuous Vibha Vilas
Palace at Jamnagar. His sole companion in his old age was a blind old
parrot called Popsey (rumoured to be in her fifties) acquired while
Ranji was still in England from a neighbouring Cambridge pub'/

And also Murdoch, the Australian did a good job at sussex, didnt he?
though I dont know the exact figures.

and isnt that Joe vine the attacking batsman and leg break bowler,(or
JAck vine is someone different?)

http://web2news.com/?uk.sport.cricket

Robert Henderson

Jul 2, 2003, 7:44:06 AM7/2/03
In article <4690...@web2news.com>, Cricketislife! <cricketislif.news.i
nva...@web2news.net> writes

>Robert Henderson wrote:
>>>Anyways, back to proper subjects - a Sussex XI, if you may.
>>>
>> Jack Vine LBG
>> Charles Fry
>> David Sheppard
>> Ted Dexter RFM
>> Jim Parks wk
>> James Langridge SLA
>> Maurice Tate RFM
>> Arthur Gilligan RF (capt)
>> Ian Thompson RFM
>> Fred Tate ROB
>> John Snow RF
>>-------
>
>No Ranjit singhiji! though not a surprise from u!.

I did say the selections would be of English players. RH

>Sussex cricket owes a
>lot to Ranji, I am sure you would agree. Incidentally his last days of
>life were very sad. AS Ashish Nandy, a a famous Indian sociologist wrote
>
>/'the Jam Saheb lived in a state of "permanent psychological diaspora",
>an "emigrant at heart". Ranji spent a vast sum of money entertaining
>English cricketing friends visiting India but was singularly unmindful
>about the welfare of Indian cricket. He died bitter and lonely at the
>end, entombed in his ancestral home - the vast and sumptuous Vibha Vilas
>Palace at Jamnagar. His sole companion in his old age was a blind old
>parrot called Popsey (rumoured to be in her fifties) acquired while
>Ranji was still in England from a neighbouring Cambridge pub'/

He was a most unpopular man amongst the Sussex pros whom he treated like
muck and was generally considered a nuisance by those who met him in his
Sussex days because he had no money and was always trying to sponge off
people. RH

>And also Murdoch, the Australian did a good job at sussex, didnt he?
>though I dont know the exact figures.
>
>and isnt that Joe vine the attacking batsman and leg break bowler,(or
>JAck vine is someone different?)

No, it is Joe. A magnificent all-round fielder as well. RH

Cricketislife!

Jul 2, 2003, 8:39:21 AM7/2/03
Robert Henderson wrote:
> He was a most unpopular man amongst the Sussex pros whom
> he treated like muck and was generally considered a nuisance by those
>who met him in his Sussex days because he had no money and was always
>trying to sponge off people. RH

Yeah there was this dark side to him. The British Empire protected him
as it needed his support in India as he was one of the Indian princes
fighting for his prince rights which meant affination towards the
Empire. SO they sought to quell all sorts of reports on his Debts.
As this extract from a link tells us

/"The India Office in London was saddled with a profusion of complaints
against the Jam Saheb. But it did everything in its power to obstruct
the due process of law, preferring to even sacrifice the rights of its
own citizens in Britain in order to safeguard its political interests in
India which the Native Princes were protecting. In collusion with
Ranji’s combative solicitors, Redfern, Hunt and Co., the India Office
cunningly fostered the impression in the courts and even in the British
Parliament, where questions were asked about the Jam Saheb’s debts and
his legal status, that as a ruling prince, he enjoyed immunity from
legal action. The Nawanagar ruler construed the India Office’s indolence
as a signal to continue batting as he pleased. In fact, the gutsy
publication, John Bull, taking off from his solicitors’ argument that
the Jam Saheb was above the English law, rubbed in the bitter irony of
the situation in its comments on ‘How the Jam deals with his English
debts’:

…In other words the Jam is above the law of the Empire of which after
all, he is but a very minor ‘suzerain ruler’. He may order any goods he
likes, and, having got them, all he has to do is to say to the people
from whom he has purchased, ‘You cannot sue me. I am a ruler of the
first class State of Nawanagar. I will, out of the kindness of my
gracious will, pay you such sum as I think fair, and when I like it, but
a fig for your laws and your Courts.’

The Great War saw the Jam Saheb script his greatest service to the
Empire. It was a glorious chapter in his life and ‘one of the brightest
episodes in the history of the country.’ The hostilities provided the
Jam Saheb an unexpected opportunity to redeem his 1910 pledge before
Lord Sydenham that the Rajputs would fight shoulder to shoulder with
Britain if the Empire came under threat.

Although the overall contribution of the princes to the war effort was
substantial, in proportion to its size and resources, the munificence of
Nawanagar was simply phenomenal. The Jam put his person in addition to
his purse (his people’s, in reality) at the disposal of the Empire. He
mobilized all the resources of his state, scanty as they were, stopped
every development scheme, levied a multitude of new taxes and pledged
the viceroy carte blanche — every horse and motor-car in his state for
the war effort./
-----

But anyway, I shall like to forget his last days in India,his darker
side and shall remember him for his supreme batsmanship.

Cardus had written and I quote
/"Modern lovers of the game, jealous of their own heroes, will no doubt
tell us that Ranji, like all other masters, was a creation of our fancy
in a world old-fashioned and young. We who saw him will keep silence as
the sceptics commit their blasphemy. We have seen what we have seen. We
can feel the spell yet. We can go back in our minds to hot days in an
England of forgotten peace and plenty, days when Ranji did not bat as
enchant us, bowlers and all, in a way all his own, so that when at last
he got out we were as though suddenly awakened from a dream. It was more
than a cricketer and more than a game that did it for us.’

‘No one like him is likely to be born again. It is not in nature that
there should be another Ranji,’ intoned Cardus. ‘He was the midsummer
night’s dream of cricket’./

Cricketislife!
Midsummer night's dream of Cricket indeed!

>>and isnt that Joe vine the attacking batsman and leg break bowler,(or
>>JAck vine is someone different?)
>>
> No, it is Joe. A magnificent all-round fielder as well. RH
>>
> --
> Robert Henderson
> phi...@anywhere.demon.co.uk
> Blair Scandal web site at http://www.geocities.com/blairscandal/
> Personal web site at http://www.anywhere.demon.co.uk

Ed Morris

Jul 2, 2003, 9:25:25 AM7/2/03

"Robert Henderson" <Phi...@anywhere.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

> In article <bdu9fm$8kn$1...@news6.svr.pol.co.uk>, Toby Briggs <toby@twbrigg
> s.freeserve.co.uk> writes
> ><snip>
> >>
> >> Inject the triple dose now, nurse. RH
> ><snip>
> >
> >RH, why don't you just reply normally. With regards to history of this
> >wonderful sport, your knowledge is second to none.
> >
> >But when it comes to someone challenging your view on various issues, you
> >retort to playground tricks.
> >
> It is applied psychology. Just be patient. RH

And the deluded man continues to post nonsense. Answer the questions asked.
Stop behaving like a child and if you must put up feeble one liners, could
you at least make up some new ones. If the psychology being employed has the
primary purpose of boring everyone into submission you're doing a great job.
Ed Morris

Cricketislife!

Jul 2, 2003, 12:15:18 PM7/2/03
I am currently reading an article on T.E.R. COOK (Sussex 1922-37)
and looks like the author thinks he is good enough but unlucky that he
played in an era of high quality Englishmen, otherwise would have made
it higher and it looks like he was a very good fielder.

There is also the interesting story of How Gilligan asked him to bowl in
his first match. '"But I don't bowl," said Cook. "You jolly wellwill
bowl," said his skipper, and very shortly this young player was taking
the first of 80 wickets which he captured for his club. '

see
http://www.cricket.org/link_to_database/SOCIETIES/ENG/CSOC/JOURNAL_COOK_TER.htm

btw how good was ARthur' brother Harold gilligan?

.

Robert Henderson

Jul 2, 2003, 12:34:13 PM7/2/03
In article <4707...@web2news.com>, Cricketislife! <cricketislif.news.i
nva...@web2news.net> writes

>I am currently reading an article on T.E.R. COOK (Sussex 1922-37)
>and looks like the author thinks he is good enough but unlucky that he
>played in an era of high quality Englishmen, otherwise would have made
>it higher and it looks like he was a very good fielder.
>
>There is also the interesting story of How Gilligan asked him to bowl in
>his first match. '"But I don't bowl," said Cook. "You jolly wellwill
>bowl," said his skipper, and very shortly this young player was taking
>the first of 80 wickets which he captured for his club. '
>
>see
>http://www.cricket.org/link_to_database/SOCIETIES/ENG/CSOC/JOURNAL_COOK_TER.htm
>
>btw how good was ARthur' brother Harold gilligan?
>
>.
A beautiful batting style but no concentration. RH