Is the hurricane season starting earlier ?

Keith (Southend)G

May 27, 2012, 3:43:39 PM5/27/12
http://weather.unisys.com/hurricane/atlantic/2012/index.php

2 tropical storms already and we're still in May.

Keith (Southend)
http://www.southendweather.net
"Weather Home & Abroad"

Adam Lea

May 27, 2012, 5:36:33 PM5/27/12
I wonder when was the last time there were at least two tropical storms
before the official start of the hurricane season.

Weatherlawyer

May 27, 2012, 9:58:30 PM5/27/12
On May 27, 10:36 pm, Adam Lea <lea...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> On 27/05/12 20:43, Keith (Southend)G wrote:
>
> >http://weather.unisys.com/hurricane/atlantic/2012/index.php
>
> > 2 tropical storms already and we're still in May.
>
> I wonder when was the last time there were at least two tropical storms
> before the official start of the hurricane season.

What do you mean?

You are an important official in Britain's insurance business with a
special interest in geo-physics.

How the fotre don't you know the answer to the question?

2003 Tropical Storm ANA 21-24 APR
2007 Subtropical Storm ANDREA 09-11 MAY
2008 Tropical Storm ARTHUR 31 MAY-02 JUN
2009 Tropical Depression ONE 28-29 MAY

God save us from scientists.

Adam Lea

May 28, 2012, 3:21:37 AM5/28/12
Because I haven't had the chance to look it up yet.

I don't have the entire HURDAT records ingrained in my memory FFS!

You might want to read what I wrote, I said at least TWO tropical storms
before 1st June, the years you gave had only one storm before 1st June.

God save us from fuckwits.

Weatherlawyer

May 28, 2012, 4:43:30 AM5/28/12
And are ruling out anything below gales and anything not in the
prescribed latitudes?

(Bearing in mind most modern records are based on what satellite data
is sent and accepted) it is easy to overlook the obvious, just because
we have drawn artificial boundaries.

> God save us from scientists who rely heavily on statistical methods,
> especially earth-scientists who can influence national governments
> based on data from 12 tree stumps drawn out of a Siberian bog.

And accountants who meddle in agriculture.
And Loss Adjusters.

Yes, quite.

I was working on a similar question to yours at the time and was
actually doing something about it.
I wanted to know what relationship there is with tropical storms on
the other side of North America that might relate in some way to
Atlantic ones.

I hadn't fully expected to find something as obvious as might have
been. But (as you now know) one should begin one's search by looking.