Snow lying Copley, 03/04

Ken Cook

Apr 3, 2012, 10:37:51 AM4/3/12
Hi, All,

Snow just beginning to lie here, 1cm so far.
14:30Z NNE 25KT(Bft 6) vis 400 metres, snow, temp 0C dew -1C, 1001mb rising
quickly

Ken
Copley, Teesdale
http://www.kencook.magix.net

Martin Brown

Apr 3, 2012, 12:25:41 PM4/3/12
Wet snow/sleet falling here in the Vale of Mowbray but melting on
contact with windows or ground. Visibility poor so I can't tell if there
is snow lying on the North York Moors. Big shock for all the delicate
new leaves that the trees and hedges have sprouted last week!

Air temp at 5pm 2.5C and has been dropping rapidly since about 3pm.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Ken Cook

Apr 3, 2012, 2:33:09 PM4/3/12
"Martin Brown" wrote in message news:1wFer.12523$Ja1....@newsfe02.iad...
Hi, Martin,

Starting to pile up here now as temp drops below 0C. About 6cm so far and
still snowing quite heavily, roads covered. I expect the North York moors
and Hambletons will have a fair cover.

18:20Z NNE 17KT(Bft 5) vis 300 metres, sky obscured, snow and blowing snow,
temp -0C dew -1C 1005mb rising quickly. Snow 6cm

Ken
Copley
Teesdale
http://www.kencook.magix.net

David Jones

Apr 3, 2012, 6:04:49 PM4/3/12
On Apr 3, 7:33 pm, "Ken Cook" <copley43...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> "Martin Brown"  wrote in messagenews:1wFer.12523$Ja1....@newsfe02.iad...
Hi Ken ,

Here is a video of the snow down our road:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwPLAEBGHRE&feature=youtu.be

Nigel

Ken Cook

Apr 3, 2012, 6:17:44 PM4/3/12
"David Jones" wrote in message

> 18:20Z NNE 17KT(Bft 5) vis 300 metres, sky obscured, snow and blowing
> snow,
> temp -0C dew -1C 1005mb rising quickly. Snow 6cm
>
> Ken
> Copley
> Teesdalehttp://www.kencook.magix.net

Hi Ken ,

Here is a video of the snow down our road:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwPLAEBGHRE&feature=youtu.be

Nigel

Hi, Nigel,
Nice one! It's a rough night alright, snow ploughs up and down the village
but it's blowing back in after them.
Currently about 10cm I think, but it's blowing around a lot. One of my wind
vanes has parted company from the anemometer, could be headed your way!
Could be interesting first thing before the inevitable thaw at this time of
year.
Ken

Martin Brown

Apr 4, 2012, 4:37:16 AM4/4/12
On 03/04/2012 19:33, Ken Cook wrote:
> "Martin Brown" wrote in message news:1wFer.12523$Ja1....@newsfe02.iad...
>
> On 03/04/2012 15:37, Ken Cook wrote:
>> Hi, All,
>>
>> Snow just beginning to lie here, 1cm so far.
>> 14:30Z NNE 25KT(Bft 6) vis 400 metres, snow, temp 0C dew -1C, 1001mb
>> rising quickly
>>
>> Ken
>> Copley, Teesdale
>> http://www.kencook.magix.net
>
> Wet snow/sleet falling here in the Vale of Mowbray but melting on
> contact with windows or ground. Visibility poor so I can't tell if there
> is snow lying on the North York Moors. Big shock for all the delicate
> new leaves that the trees and hedges have sprouted last week!
>
> Air temp at 5pm 2.5C and has been dropping rapidly since about 3pm.
>
> Hi, Martin,
>
> Starting to pile up here now as temp drops below 0C. About 6cm so far
> and still snowing quite heavily, roads covered. I expect the North York
> moors and Hambletons will have a fair cover.

Even in our relatively sheltered spot there is snow lying this morning.
Actually lying doesn't do it justice - plastered onto the side of every
north facing wall would be a more accurate description. Some sun and
blue skies now but temperature and wind chill make it painful outside.
It is warming slowly now up to 4.2C but the wind makes it feel worse..

Snow on the ground is patchy on fields but wind blown drifts in places.

I pity all the farmers with their new lambs in the fields in this!

> 18:20Z NNE 17KT(Bft 5) vis 300 metres, sky obscured, snow and blowing
> snow, temp -0C dew -1C 1005mb rising quickly. Snow 6cm

Seems to have killed my electronic barometer too :(

--
Regards,
Martin Brown