At least it will be frosty!

James Brown

Dec 7, 2008, 4:31:31 AM12/7/08
Well it makes a change from the 'mild' phrase...
Hopefully, a few more frosty starts to the day even if the rest of the
Winter descends into zonalism will be enough to kill off a few of the
viruses that can get a grip in us. Looks like a few more days before the
Atlantic gets going again.
--
James Brown

Dave Cornwell

Dec 7, 2008, 5:30:06 AM12/7/08

"James Brown" <ja...@notmeteosat.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
-------------------------
From Tuesday onwards it looks quite cold to me, right up till Saturday.
Possibility of wintry showers in the East and South East. I don't take much
notice after next weekend because as an amateur I can only get and look at
superficial information and that's not enough at that range. (Even the
professionals struggle ;-)
Dave

Will Hand

Dec 7, 2008, 6:01:52 AM12/7/08

"James Brown" <ja...@notmeteosat.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

Indeed. Make the most of this. Cold Atlantic zonality is set to return this
week with loads of rain and hill snow in the south and more lowland snow in
the north. Details, as ever, are elusive but with a powerful jet coming out
of Canada and then buckling we are in the firing line for some deep lows
crossing Britain later in the week. Even more interesting is that the pool
of very cold air now established Greenland-Iceland is being drawn into the
depressions with the 528 line well south and sub -5C 850hPa close or over
UK. A very interesting week ahead for weather watchers/fanatics, not so good
if you all you want is fine settled weather. DT06Z GFS is interesting, it
won't be right in detail but shows the possibilities. Professional
forecasters will earn their money again this week :-)

Excited cheers,

Will

Weatherlawyer

Dec 7, 2008, 5:43:10 AM12/7/08

These four phases are a recursion so with the fog and frost of the
week before last as with this one.

So with the snow for the last spell so with the snow for the next. Or
Ice Storms in Canada.

Somebody's going to cop it.

ronaldbutton

Dec 7, 2008, 6:22:31 AM12/7/08
I notice Will that Darrens interpretation of next weekend seems to put a
much less emphasis on the colder possibilities ,even noting that
temperatures could be above normal in the south !.
Are we about to witness the clash of the Titans ?

RonB
"Will Hand" <wi...@lyneside.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

Will Hand

Dec 7, 2008, 7:32:30 AM12/7/08
6Z (and IIRC 0Z) ensembles (diagramme on wetterzentrale) show below normal
temperatures at London throughout the forecast. Even cold at times,
reflecting what I said. I cannot speak for Darren.

Will
--

"ronaldbutton" <ronb...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

Will Hand

Dec 7, 2008, 7:39:16 AM12/7/08
Also forgot to say that ECM DT 00Z has 1000-500 thickness over London
(calculated from height charts) of 528 DAM at 00Z Sunday falling to just
below by 00Z Monday. That is not a mild chart depsite the westerly flow
(which is colder than normal).

Will
--

"Will Hand" <wi...@lyneside.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

ronaldbutton

Dec 7, 2008, 7:45:41 AM12/7/08
OK Will ,I preferred your forecast anyway !

RonB

PS Having just seen the farmers forecast,with the unbelievable desperate
Dan,we could all be forgiven for being confused .....though as he suggests
it would be unwise to put our parkas back in the cupboard just yet.

"Will Hand" <wi...@lyneside.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

Dave R.

Dec 7, 2008, 2:28:02 PM12/7/08

> OK Will ,I preferred your forecast anyway !
>
> RonB

God he makes me puke, excited??
and as for you RonB your just The Hounds lap dog
DaveR

Dave R.

Dec 7, 2008, 2:22:35 PM12/7/08

"James Brown" <ja...@notmeteosat.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

WTF This is rubbish and a joke too I never heard the phrase "mild" used much
recently. The way you depict it you'd think we been 'sweltering' in double
figures over the past month. The Summer was sh*t now the Winter is fast
becoming the same and its not even January yet. I can't wait for the South
Westerlies, zonality, cyclonic or whatever else you want to describe as mild
to return and give me some respite its all I wait for at this season. I
believe the Jet is often too far South, yet AGAIN! all blinkin year its been
too far South its all I ever hear is the Jet being too far South. This whole
year has been totally depressing I blame me coming here to see your's and
others rave over the bitter cold.
Dave R

ronaldbutton

Dec 7, 2008, 3:52:50 PM12/7/08
Praise indeed !

RonB
"Dave R." <n...@life.com> wrote in message

Will Hand

Dec 7, 2008, 4:30:54 PM12/7/08
ROFL, fancy a bone? :-)

Will
--

"ronaldbutton" <ronb...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

Alan White

Dec 7, 2008, 5:41:50 PM12/7/08
On Sun, 7 Dec 2008 19:22:35 -0000, "Dave R." <n...@life.com> wrote:

>WTF This is rubbish and a joke too I never heard the phrase "mild" used much
>recently. The way you depict it you'd think we been 'sweltering' in double
>figures over the past month. The Summer was sh*t now the Winter is fast
>becoming the same and its not even January yet. I can't wait for the South
>Westerlies, zonality, cyclonic or whatever else you want to describe as mild
>to return and give me some respite its all I wait for at this season. I
>believe the Jet is often too far South, yet AGAIN! all blinkin year its been
>too far South its all I ever hear is the Jet being too far South. This whole
>year has been totally depressing I blame me coming here to see your's and
>others rave over the bitter cold.

May was nice :-)

--
Alan White
Twenty-eight miles NW of Glasgow, overlooking Lochs Long and Goil in Argyll, Scotland.

Nick Gardner

Dec 8, 2008, 1:57:09 PM12/8/08
> May was nice :-)

Aye, it were lovely.

I got my earliest ever date for a 'no wetsuit required' swim in this May as
it was so warm.

Just look at these temperatures!

May 2008
6th 23.0°C
7th 25.4°C
8th 23.6°C
9th 22.2°C
10th 23.4°C
11th 27.9°C
12th 26.6°C
13th 23.6°C
14th 22.2°C

And to think I thought it was a precursor to a sweltering summer. Little did
I realise it WAS our summer!
________________
Nick.
Otter Valley, Devon
83 m amsl
http://www.ottervalley.co.uk

Will Hand

Dec 8, 2008, 2:37:58 PM12/8/08
Some pretty impressive max. temperatures at Haytor too Nick

6th 17.3
7th 20.0
8th 17.0
9th 17.1 (4.3 mm rain)
10th 19.4
11th 24.2 (warmest day of the year!)
12th 22.5
13th 21.1
14th 19.6

Average day max. is 13.6C in May.
Thanks for the memory of those warm, lazy days :-)

Will (Haytor, Devon, 1017 feet asl)
--

"Nick Gardner" <nichola...@deletethisbtinternet.com> wrote in message