Volcanic activity and large tornado cells

Weatherlawyer

May 20, 2013, 1:40:24 PM5/20/13
I have in the past equated earthquakes with tornadoes seeing them
being replaced by the latter when I have posted a warning for large
earthquakes.

I am forming the opinion that this occurs when there is a phreatic or
VEI situation. The tell tale is a bulge on the ring of isobars that
surround the South Pole.
Also I think that rather than the precipitation masses reaching the
coast of Antarctica, the appear to dissipate, becoming multicentered
Lows before dispersing.

It all requires mor thought and much more dilligence but I have been
busy trying to co-opt an old weather book into modern meteorology.
Dificult to do as his idea was based on an electromagnetic theory that
didn't stand the test of time.

But at least he wasn't buggered by Richardson's computing fiasco that
has hampered research so badly since WW 2. Maybe we should all be born
a century later.

Weatherlawyer

May 22, 2013, 7:08:34 AM5/22/13
On May 20, 6:40 pm, Weatherlawyer <weatherlaw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have in the past equated earthquakes with tornadoes seeing them
> being replaced by the latter when I have posted a warning for large
> earthquakes.
>
> I am forming the opinion that this occurs when there is a phreatic or
> VEI situation. The tell tale is a bulge on the ring of isobars that
> surround the South Pole.
> Also I think that rather than the precipitation masses reaching the
> coast of Antarctica, they appear to dissipate, becoming multicentered
> Lows before dispersing.
>
> It all requires more thought and much more dilligence but I have been
> busy trying to co-opt an old weather book into modern meteorology.
> Dificult to do as his idea was based on an electromagnetic theory that
> didn't stand the test of time.
>
> But at least he wasn't buggered by Richardson's computing fiasco that
> has hampered research so badly since WW 2. Maybe we should all be born
> a century later.

The tornadoes that struck the USA this week; while we were supposed to
be enjoying fine weather here in Britain; arrived with no warning from
the Met Office charts of the sea level pressures in the North
Atlantic.

There are several better charts for the purpose produced by the USA:

> http://www.opc.ncep.noaa.gov/ for example.
Unfortunately I don't use them. I don't know how to get them as
forecasts. Analysis charts are all very well but they contain very
little data error and it is the data error -especially the ones in the
Met Office models; that I rely on for earthquake signals.

I have a good idea how the model runs portray weather fronts to good
effect. Other forecasts use different mathematical procedures called
algorithms. And they produce different fronts. They show weather
systems at different pressures.

And they go wrong in ways I can not make sense of at present.

Last thing online yesterday (Tuesday 21 May 2013) I was trying to show
on a USA North Atlantic sea level pressure chart, how the blocked
pressure in the Atlantic would evolve into a tornado signal. When the
pieces don't fit, you can, in your enthusiasm for preventing death and
destruction, jump to conclusions that you should see are wrong
conclusions.

And you tend to make them fit. I was expecting there to be more
tornadoes. I wanted to see them coming. So I made it look like they
were going to.

But it is best to be safe than sorry, no?

No.
You tell people lies about the charts, the people won't see your
error. They will instead, think it is their fault. It will put them
off. And the error is compounded in their minds when the tornado or
disaster or whatever doesn't turn up. That's when they think
(correctly) that I am feeding them bullshit.

When a severe tornado cell is about to strike the USA... If it shows
up on the Met Office chart, there will be a cohesive Low pressure
system on the coast of the USA or Canada. Actually very little of the
USA shows up on the Met Office chart. Not the one that is on general
release anyway.

<rant>
Maggots from the Palace of Westminster got into the Met Office around
about the time I was getting interested in the weather. They turned
the pot of gold into a piss pot. It has got worse since then, with the
amalgamation of the weather centre and the handbags that are pushing
climate policies.

What we need are a bunch of G* rioters to set up a mobile phone war
against the way things are set up in Britain. All those stupid
children who were radicalised at the time of the Tory Blair project to
get Britain involved in the Iraq war. We want them to set off a
revolution here to execute all the climatologists. And at the same
time all the fat pigs in the Big Oil factions should be dealt with.

Chop off their heads and hang the corpses on lamp posts. Along with
the Investment bankers. Send out teams of assassins to the Bahamas and
Seychelles and wherever the bastards have taken their families and
their gold. And kill them all.
Then on to Switzerland and every other place they think of as safe
havens.

After that, while the writing is still on the wall and the blood still
fresh on the street, we should turn on the gangsters who own and or
run the supermarkets and have been systematically screwing the
agricultures of the world for the last half century.

Find everyone of them; each and every one; and execute them. Have
their sons to the nth generation removed from the planet and their
virgin daughters sold into prostitution and slavery and their houses
turned into public toilets.

After that we can hope to return to a sustainable eco-system. Rivers
should be cleaned from where they have been turned into sewers. And
the land should be allowed to regenerate. I don't have a clue how they
are going to deal with land drains and monoculture.

But unfortunately, if that is going to happen it will require
Armageddon to accomplish. So until then I am not going to bother
trying to change the world. All we will end up with is a different
gang of crooks running the place. Maybe god is already handling it
with floods and the like?

It seems unjust to cripple farming to get at the supermarkets. But the
supermarkets are just pulling the chain. The actual damage to the
planet is being done by farmers willing to compromise with them. And
anyway, the supermarkets have been crippling the farmers all along,
compromise or not.
</rant> (Sorry about that. But I didn't do it.)

What I will try to do is find a better chart I can work with.
Yesterday evening, the weather turned perfect. The clouds cleared and
it got warmer. We had a fine night and the birds were singing when I
woke up this morning. It is now a grey, cloudy morning with a breeze
blowing so maybe the trornadoes are on the way again?

They only strike for a few days in winter generally but in the North
Atlantic the hurrican season is different to all the other seas in the
Northern Hemisphere. The hurricane season officially begins in June
not April. Actually we haven't had any hurricanes anywhere yet this
season. Burma had a close call that did enough damage there. But I
don't think it made hurricane strength, did it?

Off to the left of the Atlantic, the season that begins in April is
the tornado season.
It may sound like I want my cake and ate it.
Tornadoes DO equate to earthquakes as far as weather forecast charts
go. Obviously the discrepancy is in the way that analysis charts are
assembled. Not enough is known of unstable systems in the tornado
regions, so the input is screwed up enough for me to make genuine
mistakes -as opposed to stupid ones.

What could go wrong now is that dick-heads in the various
Meteorological Offices around the word will see where the models are
going wrong by analysing the energy values to the charts that the
unstability brings.

They will thus be able to correct the models and drive out all errors.
And thus prevent cohesive steps being taken to alert the general
populace about them. Fortunately at the moment the bastards are in
denial so things look like remaining as they are for the next year and
more.

Weatherlawyer

Jun 1, 2013, 8:38:15 AM6/1/13
On May 20, 6:40 pm, Weatherlawyer <weatherlaw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have in the past equated earthquakes with tornadoes seeing them
> being replaced by the latter when I have posted a warning for large
> earthquakes.
>
> I am forming the opinion that this occurs when there is a phreatic or
> VEI situation. The tell tale is a bulge on the ring of isobars that
> surround the South Pole.
> Also I think that rather than the precipitation masses reaching the
> coast of Antarctica, the appear to dissipate, becoming multicentered
> Lows before dispersing.

I am pretty sure that the intrusion of Low pressure into the Horus
latitudes in the opposite direction to the normal flow that comes from
the tropics is due to phreatic events generally.

Which means that blocking Highs have a connection with volcanoes just
as they have with tornadoes. I wonder if massive stratosphere warming
is caused by this initial event.

It would explain the source of Blocking Highs as well as sudden
stratophere warming events. And it would supply a rationale for decent
research for the first time since Krakatau blew up.

Strange to tyhink that science has had it's collective head up it's
arse for more than a century. (For a given meaning of the term
strange. One that doesn't involve the same meaning as "unusual".)

Consider:
Man Has 'No Hope' Of Defusing A Volcano Like Mister Spock In Star
Trek, Says Volcanologist Dr Alison Rust

reddit
stumble
27167Get UK Tech Alerts:

Sign Up Follow:Iceland, Iceland Volcano, Kristján Freyr Þrastarson,
Star Trek, Glaciers, Lava, Spock, UK NEWS, volcano, Yjafjallajökull,
UK Tech News Man remains at the mercy of major volcanic eruptions and
light years away from defusing its deadly fires, it emerged.

Optimistic hopes that rapid technological change is beginning to give
man the whip-hand over Mother Nature have been decisively dismissed.

Sci-fi favourite Mister Spock urgently attempts to save a planet by
defusing a volcano in the latest Star Trek blockbuster, Into Darkness.

While the Vulcan's efforts may fire the imagination of cinema-goers
around the world, hard reality is far more mundane.

When a science fiction fan asked an expert volcanologist how close
Mister Spock's efforts were to reality, he was quickly brought down to
earth.

Man may be a dominant force in Star Trek's fictional universe but on
terra firma he has little chance of emulating Spock's heroic efforts.

Volcanologist Dr Alison Rust, from the University of Bristol, was
quizzed at the Hay Festival of Literature, in mid Wales, during a
public discussion today.

The novel question was thrown out by a member of the capacity audience
when it got the chance to quiz the experts.

While volcanoes today probably pose little threat to life on earth,
even a minor eruption can be catastrophic.

In April 2010 a volcano in Iceland called Eyjafjallajkull suffered a
relatively modest eruption.

Despite its minimal size, the volcanic ash it ejected into the
atmosphere played havoc with air travel across western Europe.

In the distant past a mega-eruption is believed to have caused a mass
extinction which opened the way for dinosaurs to dominate the earth
for 135 million years.

Dr Rust was one of a panel of four cutting-edge research scientists
taking part today in a Royal Society discussion called "The Next Big
Thing".

She was joined by astrobiologist Dr Zita Martins of Imperial College,
London, professor of physics Jenny Nelson, also of Imperial College,
and Oxford University nanomaterials professor Nicole Grobert.

"There have been absolutely huge eruptions in the past in earth's
history," Dr Rust, of Imperial College, London, told the gathering.

"But there is absolutely no hope of stopping a volcano erupting.
Nature is far stronger than we are."

In the past there had been volcanic eruptions which were so large
whole continents suffered from the effect, she said.

"Even little eruptions in the history of humanity have had enormous
effects.

"We certainly cannot stop it. Really, we worry more about what to do
if a volcano can or does erupt. There is nothing we can do about it."

Dr Martins was asked her advice on setting up a farm on Mars and
whether she would like to venture to the red planet herself.

> http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/418589/expert-warns-of-new-activity-at-deadly-philippine-volcano

And:
A Philippine volcano that killed five people last month in a huge ash
explosion is showing renewed signs of activity, a government
volcanologist warned Saturday.

The picturesque Mayon volcano is bulging near its edifice, emitting
more gas, and has a noticeable glow at its cone, resident
volcanologist Ed Laguerta said.

> http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/418589/expert-warns-of-new-activity-at-deadly-philippine-volcano#ixzz2Uy2tKBpt

I think that scientist should spend more time improving the quality of
Hollywood sci fi products and a lot less time and money on geo-
physics. They should leave all that to the rest of us.

We do it so much better.

And cheaper.

Weatherlawyer

Jun 5, 2013, 10:16:25 AM6/5/13
On Jun 1, 1:38 pm, Weatherlawyer <weatherlaw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 20, 6:40 pm, Weatherlawyer <weatherlaw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have in the past equated earthquakes with tornadoes seeing them
> > being replaced by the latter when I have posted a warning for large
> > earthquakes.
>
> > I am forming the opinion that this occurs when there is a phreatic or
> > VEI situation. The tell tale is a bulge on the ring of isobars that
> > surround the South Pole.
> > Also I think that rather than the precipitation masses reaching the
> > coast of Antarctica, the appear to dissipate, becoming multicentered
> > Lows before dispersing.
>
> I am pretty sure that the intrusion of Low pressure into the Horus
> latitudes in the opposite direction to the normal flow that comes from
> the tropics is due to phreatic events generally.
>
> Which means that blocking Highs have a connection with volcanoes just
> as they have with tornadoes. I wonder if massive stratosphere warming
> is caused by this initial event.
>
> It would explain the source of Blocking Highs as well as sudden
> stratophere warming events. And it would supply a rationale for decent
> research for the first time since Krakatau blew up.

It isn't much to go on apart from intuition and circumstantial
evidence but I have the opinion that the cause of northern hemisphere
tropical storms has a great deal to do with the extent of the
Antarctic ice cover:

The size of the pack ice is greatest in September, when the southern
hemisphere's warmer weather kicks in and starts to break it up.

The Meterological equator is still in the southern hemisphere until
about November. It is after November that the sea ice surrounding the
Antarctic is a less effective acoustic mechanism for the process.

How does it work?
I don't know.
But when a cyclone moves into the space between Greenland and Iceland,
it appears to build up a larger and larger ring of isobars until it
can spread, amoeba like, to Norway.

Maybe it is holding this pattern until the sound increases enough for
the energy values to allow it to move or on other occasion drop so
that the strom loses its identity or/and merges with a different
system.

Search for yourselves and see if the records show that whenever a
severe tropical storm takes place, a cyclone appears in the North
Atlantic.

> http://my.opera.com/Weatherlawyer/blog/2013/06/01/sudden-stratospheric-warming?cid=108733132#comment108733132

Weatherlawyer

Jun 6, 2013, 10:47:30 AM6/6/13
On Jun 5, 3:16 pm, Weatherlawyer <weatherlaw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > It would explain the source of Blocking Highs as well as sudden
> > stratophere warming events.
>
> It isn't much to go on apart from intuition and circumstantial
> evidence but I have the opinion that the cause of northern hemisphere
> tropical storms has a great deal to do with the extent of the
> Antarctic ice cover:
>
> When a cyclone moves into the space between Greenland and Iceland,
> it appears to build up a larger and larger ring of isobars until it
> can spread, amoeba like, to Norway.
>
> Maybe it is holding this pattern until the sound increases enough for
> the energy values to allow it to move or on other occasion drop so
> that the strom loses its identity or/and merges with a different
> system.
>
> Search for yourselves and see if the records show that whenever a
> severe tropical storm takes place, a cyclone appears in the North
> Atlantic.
.......In what would normally be a Blocking High:

> http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/surface_pressure.html
It tells it to get out the damned way.
And it doesn't want to go.

Weatherlawyer

Jun 7, 2013, 11:02:31 AM6/7/13
We are going to get two more tropical storms before the season really
kicks in. Maybe that will cause the tornadoes to ease off a little.

Tuesday on the Australian charts sees the isobars well rounded from
100 east clear through the South American cape. I have no idea which
ocean that indicates but the other...
...on Thursday along with some heightened volcanic activity, the
isobars in the Indian ocean show signs of another Atlantic storm. This
occurred this last time just before Andrea kicked in.

So one for the China Seas somewhere? and probably one for the North
Atlantic.

A wise man carries an umbrella in warm weather and fool want's his in
wet.
Samuel Johnson.

I don't suppose a brolly will be much use in this weather.
Yours Truly.