Fluff: Does anyone wanna share my sherberts? They're Lemon...

Bev Lloyd

Mar 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/3/00
Hi Peeps,

I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks and, I've got to say - "I
*like* your group - can I come and play too? Pretty please?"

I'm 27, live on the edge of Staffordshire and West Midlands and I'm new to
newsgroups and *alternative* religion in practice (but not the theory - I
just thought I was weird or rebelling or something before).

I've been hunting the *alternative* religion ng's and I like this one best
because it's nice and friendly and the only flaming I've seen has been
against nasty peeps/spammers. Oh yeah, and it's U.K. based - which is
helpful if one happens to live in the U.K.

In case you're wondering what I'm doing up at this hour - it's because I
lead a sad life and practically live in front of my computer. I was sat
going through all the ng messages I've downloaded over the past week or so,
(y'know - trying to find out what's any good), anyway, long story short - I
looked around and my clock was reading 04:58 so, I figured "what the hell!"
and decided to finish setting up my altar (my very first) and then come and
ask y'all if I can play. :-)

I don't know how often I'll get chance to visit here to post - 'phone bill
problems, as I'm sure most of you all get too - but I'd be much filled with
happy thoughts if you all want me here. But I must warn you, (in case you
haven't noticed), I *do* go on a bit... but if it's too much, just tell me
to shut up. Which I'm gonna do now, or else you'll be throwing me out before
I get through the door. Thanks for getting this far into my drivel - I'm
going to shut up now.

--
Send me some mail please
'cause I lead a sad and lonely life

Cursuswalker

Mar 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/3/00

Bev Lloyd <craz...@ukonline.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi Peeps,

Hi Bev!

> I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks and, I've got to say - "I
> *like* your group - can I come and play too? Pretty please?"

Oh............go on then.

> I'm 27, live on the edge of Staffordshire and West Midlands and I'm new to
> newsgroups and *alternative* religion in practice (but not the theory - I
> just thought I was weird or rebelling or something before).

Know the feeling :-)

> I've been hunting the *alternative* religion ng's and I like this one best
> because it's nice and friendly and the only flaming I've seen has been
> against nasty peeps/spammers. Oh yeah, and it's U.K. based - which is
> helpful if one happens to live in the U.K.

It is a good place to be.

> Send me some mail please
> 'cause I lead a sad and lonely life
> Luv Bev...
> craz...@ukonline.co.uk

I'm sure that isn't true, and if it is we'll soon do something about it!
Stick around Bev.
We only bite if asked nicely };-)

--
Blessings of Spring...
CURSUSWALKER

PathFinder

Mar 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/3/00

Bev Lloyd <

> I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks and, I've got to say - "I
> *like* your group - can I come and play too? Pretty please?"

Hi Bev, sherbet lemons heh? Here, smoke some of this while I rummage
through your sweet bag. <handing over a large, strange looking rollup>
Mmmm... Sherbet... :o)

PathFinder

Bev Lloyd

Mar 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/3/00
PathFinder <PathF...@pathfinder777.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
Hi PathFinder
This rolled up thing looks a touch dubious - ANYONE GOT A LIGHT PLEASE!!
Sorry, can't find my lighter so had to shout, I'll be quiet now - and thanks
for being so nice...
Luv
Bev

Kro'dog

Mar 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/4/00
Bev Lloyd <craz...@ukonline.co.uk> wrote in message

> Hi Peeps,

Hi Bev, pleased to meet you :)

> I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks and, I've got to say - "I
> *like* your group - can I come and play too? Pretty please?"

Come on then :)

> I'm 27, live on the edge of Staffordshire and West Midlands and I'm new
> newsgroups and *alternative* religion in practice (but not the theory -
> just thought I was weird or rebelling or something before).

Ah yes, didn't we all???

> I've been hunting the *alternative* religion ng's and I like this one
best
> because it's nice and friendly and the only flaming I've seen has been
> against nasty peeps/spammers. Oh yeah, and it's U.K. based - which is
> helpful if one happens to live in the U.K.

<fx: Kro'dog pats his Flak Cannon, with a smile on his face, at the
mention of spammers>

<snip>

> I don't know how often I'll get chance to visit here to post - 'phone
bill
> problems, as I'm sure most of you all get too - but I'd be much filled
with
> happy thoughts if you all want me here. But I must warn you, (in case
you
> haven't noticed), I *do* go on a bit... but if it's too much, just tell
me
> to shut up. Which I'm gonna do now, or else you'll be throwing me out
before
> I get through the door. Thanks for getting this far into my drivel - I'm
> going to shut up now.

At the moment URP is the only ng I need.
100% pure entertainment and information IMHO.
So, the phone bill is not a problem (and I am a man of meager means).

Kro'dog
www.nodens2000.freeserve.co.uk

Inky

Mar 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/4/00
On Fri, 3 Mar 2000 05:39:31 -0000, "Bev Lloyd"
<craz...@ukonline.co.uk> crept out of the shadows and spake thus:

>Hi Peeps,

Hiya!

>I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks and, I've got to say - "I
>*like* your group - can I come and play too? Pretty please?"

Are you completely hatstand? <g> Course you can play (just don't
forget to bring offerings of chocolate <g>)

>I've been hunting the *alternative* religion ng's and I like this one best
>because it's nice and friendly and the only flaming I've seen has been
>against nasty peeps/spammers. Oh yeah, and it's U.K. based - which is
>helpful if one happens to live in the U.K.

It's good to find a uk based group, as opposed to the mass of alt.
groups, which seem rather prone to spamming/trolling/flaming/general
unpleasantness...

>In case you're wondering what I'm doing up at this hour - it's because I
>lead a sad life and practically live in front of my computer. I was sat
>going through all the ng messages I've downloaded over the past week or so,
>(y'know - trying to find out what's any good), anyway, long story short - I
>looked around and my clock was reading 04:58 so, I figured "what the hell!"
>and decided to finish setting up my altar (my very first) and then come and
>ask y'all if I can play. :-)

You're not the only one who spends too much time in front of a
computer... I've heard mention of these "life" things but they sound a
bit too strenuous for me...

>I don't know how often I'll get chance to visit here to post - 'phone bill
>problems, as I'm sure most of you all get too - but I'd be much filled with
>happy thoughts if you all want me here. But I must warn you, (in case you
>haven't noticed), I *do* go on a bit... but if it's too much, just tell me
>to shut up. Which I'm gonna do now, or else you'll be throwing me out before
>I get through the door. Thanks for getting this far into my drivel - I'm
>going to shut up now.

It's good to get a decent introduction :) Besides, I seem to have a
reputation for talking too much, so you're not alone <g>

Hope your explorations of paganism are rewarding. Welcome to the
froup!

Brightest,
--
Inky

Inky

Mar 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/4/00
On Fri, 03 Mar 2000 20:21:53 GMT, "Cursuswalker"
<cursusw...@SPAMhotmail.com> crept out of the shadows and spake
thus:

>I'm sure that isn't true, and if it is we'll soon do something about it!

We sure will :)

>Stick around Bev.
>We only bite if asked nicely };-)

Hey! That's /my/ line! <pout>

Jan B

Mar 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/4/00

Bev Lloyd <craz...@ukonline.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi Peeps,
>
> I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks and, I've got to say - "I
> *like* your group - can I come and play too? Pretty please?"

Only if you bring your own ball!
Welcome!Chocolate and beer over there! Mind you don't get crushed in the
rush!

Love and Light

Jan B {Ś:-) ICQ # 61331286

Chris Croughton

Mar 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/4/00
<craz...@ukonline.co.uk> wrote:

>Hi Peeps,

Hi Bev, welcome...

>I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks and, I've got to say - "I
>*like* your group - can I come and play too? Pretty please?"

Of course, we even allow christians here sometimes <g>...

>I'm 27, live on the edge of Staffordshire and West Midlands and I'm new to
>newsgroups and *alternative* religion in practice (but not the theory - I
>just thought I was weird or rebelling or something before).

Ah, "oop north" (well, north of Watford anyway) <g>.

>I've been hunting the *alternative* religion ng's and I like this one best
>because it's nice and friendly and the only flaming I've seen has been
>against nasty peeps/spammers. Oh yeah, and it's U.K. based - which is
>helpful if one happens to live in the U.K.

<g> That is the point of uk.* newsgroups, really <g>.

>In case you're wondering what I'm doing up at this hour - it's because I
>lead a sad life and practically live in front of my computer. I was sat
>going through all the ng messages I've downloaded over the past week or so,
>(y'know - trying to find out what's any good), anyway, long story short - I
>looked around and my clock was reading 04:58 so, I figured "what the hell!"
>and decided to finish setting up my altar (my very first) and then come and
>ask y'all if I can play. :-)

Of course you can? Did you bring any v-chocolate as well for the
chocoholics? (I'll happily share your sherbert lemons - hey, isn't
Sherbert one of Dilbert's friends? <g>)

>I don't know how often I'll get chance to visit here to post - 'phone bill
>problems, as I'm sure most of you all get too - but I'd be much filled with
>happy thoughts if you all want me here. But I must warn you, (in case you
>haven't noticed), I *do* go on a bit...

In case you didn't notice, so do we <g>...

>but if it's too much, just tell me to shut up. Which I'm gonna do now,
>or else you'll be throwing me out before I get through the door. Thanks
>for getting this far into my drivel - I'm going to shut up now.

Waffle on, do, it's what pagans do best <g>...

Chris C

Chris Croughton

Mar 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/4/00
On Fri, 3 Mar 2000 23:01:52 -0000, Bev Lloyd
<craz...@ukonline.co.uk> wrote:

>This rolled up thing looks a touch dubious - ANYONE GOT A LIGHT PLEASE!!

I've got a theodolyte - or is it an acolyte? Oh well, in the hours of
darkness any kind of light will do <g>...

>Sorry, can't find my lighter so had to shout, I'll be quiet now - and
>thanks for being so nice...

Hugs,

Chris C

Gina M. Dungworth

Mar 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/4/00
Bev Lloyd wrote in message
>Hi Peeps,

<snip intro>

Hello!

Welcome to URP: I've not posted much of late but I'm making up for that
today.

Hope you enjoy yourself here.

Love'n'hugs

Ginaxxx

Melanie Rhianna Lewis

Mar 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/4/00
Hi Bev,

In missive <89p555$ioa$1...@apple.news.easynet.net>,
"Bev Lloyd" <craz...@ukonline.co.uk> quoth:

[snip]

Welcome to the group!

Hugs

Melanie
Melanie Rhianna Lewis 'An it hurt none, do what thou wilt'
mel...@defaid.demon.co.uk http://www.defaid.demon.co.uk/melanie/
GS550 "Suzi" MZ 125 "Boris"

Blue

Mar 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/4/00
<craz...@ukonline.co.uk> wrote:

>Hi Peeps,

>I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks and, I've got to say - "I
>*like* your group - can I come and play too? Pretty please?"

hi bev! <waves> this /is/ a nice place, isnt it? :)

>In case you're wondering what I'm doing up at this hour - it's because I

>lead a sad life and practically live in front of my computer. .. 04:58

actually, sounds like you keep the same hours i do, so you're not sad,
just chronologically challenged (or does that mean old? Dont want it
to mean old, honest!)

Blue

--
When the owls called to us we rode through a breaking
dawn sky, beadwork patterns racing between our fingers...

Spyder

Mar 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/4/00
Bev Lloyd <craz...@ukonline.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi Peeps,

Hi Bev. Welcome to the room

> I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks and, I've got to say - "I
> *like* your group - can I come and play too? Pretty please?"

She likes us. Someone actually likes us <g>

> I'm 27, live on the edge of Staffordshire and West Midlands and I'm
new to
> newsgroups and *alternative* religion in practice (but not the
theory - I
> just thought I was weird or rebelling or something before).

Sounds familliar. I was a Pagan for about 5 years before I knew what
paganism was.

> I've been hunting the *alternative* religion ng's and I like this one
best

You'll make us blush

> I don't know how often I'll get chance to visit here to post - 'phone
bill
> problems, as I'm sure most of you all get too - but I'd be much filled
with
> happy thoughts if you all want me here. But I must warn you, (in case
you

> haven't noticed), I *do* go on a bit... but if it's too much, just

tell me
> to shut up. Which I'm gonna do now, or else you'll be throwing me out
before
> I get through the door. Thanks for getting this far into my drivel -
I'm
> going to shut up now.

Good to see you. Do hang around. I'm glad someone else has Sherbert
lemons, cause I'm runnig a bit short at the mo. Have a bonbon.
<proffers packet>

Awww. This will have to be rectified

--
Spyder
I thought I'd become an atheist, but there weren't enough holidays

DinkiPixie

Mar 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/4/00
In article <slrn8c1lrk...@ccserver.keris.net>, Chris Croughton
<ch...@keris.demon.co.uk> writes

>Of course, we even allow christians here sometimes <g>...

Here, I was having a nice nap and you woke me up. I'll have to remember
to switch off my on-call Christian bleeper. Or go and visit the shed, it's
quieter in there ....
--
Angela Touchstone

Helen

Mar 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/4/00
On Fri, 3 Mar 2000 05:39:31 -0000, "Bev Lloyd"
<craz...@ukonline.co.uk> wrote:

<snip introduction>

Hi Bev - welcome to the madhouse. The choccie and ale go on the table
over there - that is if you weren't frisked for them by Inky on the
way in! <grin>

We're all completely hatstand...well some of us are hatstand,
coathooks and a full under stairs outer garments closet too!

Either way - welcome to the group!

Brightest Welcomes

-Helen
--
We are loved beyond our ability to comprehend
== Mind the Spamtrap!==

DinkiPixie

Mar 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/4/00
In article <38c150c2....@10.0.0.10>, Helen <helen@yoshiwaraS
PAMTRAP.demon.co.uk> writes
<snip>
>We're all completely hatstand...

But then ... *shiver* ... who are the Hats?
--
Angela Touchstone

Chris Croughton

Mar 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/4/00

I was being ever so quiet and not calling your name <g>...

Hugs,

Chris C

Chris Croughton

Mar 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/5/00
On Sat, 4 Mar 2000 19:18:39 +0000, DinkiPixie
<dink...@dinkipix.co.uk> wrote:

>In article <38c150c2....@10.0.0.10>, Helen <helen@yoshiwaraS
>PAMTRAP.demon.co.uk> writes
><snip>
>>We're all completely hatstand...
>
>But then ... *shiver* ... who are the Hats?

There Are Things We Are Not Meant To Know! <g>

Chris C

Inky

Mar 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/5/00
On 4 Mar 2000 09:29:24 GMT, ch...@keris.demon.co.uk (Chris Croughton)

crept out of the shadows and spake thus:

>Waffle on, do, it's what pagans do best <g>...

Apart from drinking, eating chocolate, squishing spammers... <g>

Inky

Mar 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/5/00
On Sat, 04 Mar 2000 16:37:27 GMT, cat...@saphir.u-net.com (Blue) crept

out of the shadows and spake thus:

>actually, sounds like you keep the same hours i do, so you're not sad,

>just chronologically challenged (or does that mean old? Dont want it
>to mean old, honest!)

I'm chronologically challenged, too! My body clock refuses to regulate
so I do keep some /very/ odd hours...

Inky

Mar 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/5/00
On Sat, 04 Mar 2000 18:18:22 GMT, he...@yoshiwaraSPAMTRAP.demon.co.uk
(Helen) crept out of the shadows and spake thus:

>Hi Bev - welcome to the madhouse. The choccie and ale go on the table
>over there - that is if you weren't frisked for them by Inky on the
>way in! <grin>

Oi! I resemble that remark! <g>

>We're all completely hatstand...well some of us are hatstand,
>coathooks and a full under stairs outer garments closet too!

Don't forget tea caddies... (do we include airing cupboards?)