BIGGER AND BETTER AT LANGAR FOR 2006!

1 view

BPS Langar

Feb 27, 2006, 12:38:43 PM2/27/06
We've spent a lot of time over the last few months thinking about how
we could possibly top last years success with the invitational jumps.
In 2005 we had a walk-up 63-way on the first attempt, a 36-way star, a
34-way open accordion, and a two-point 25-way diamond, not to mention
the 4 and 5 point big sequential skydives earlier in the year. We want
to make 2006 an even bigger and better year for all of us, not just for
the people involved in our invitational events, but also for those
up-and-coming skydivers who need to get noticed - for future events!

So, here's our calendar for the season (and the best bit's right at
the end - so make sure you check it out)

LANGAR BOOGIE 1: 29TH APRIL to 7TH MAY
Aircraft here for the whole boogie: Skyvan, Beech 99, Two Grand
Caravans
Load organisers available for jumpers at all levels throughout the
whole event.

SPECIAL EVENTS AT BOOGIE 1:
29th April to 1st May Big Sequential Stuff!
Invitational 50-way sequential over the Bank Holiday weekend
Contact 50...@bpslangar.co.uk

6th and 7th May Invitational 64-way Demanding Dives
This event will be specifically aimed at building more challenging
points like a 64-way diamond, donut and bipole jewels - lots of
outfacing slots! These skydives will be very demanding and the
selection process will have to be very strict.
Contact 64...@bpslangar.co.uk

31st May to 5th June GO VERTICAL
The UK's first Go Vertical Event
Tim Porter and Martin from FunkFlyz organising,
Plus coaching from Bullet Freefly School
With Europe's fastest-climbing jump plane - the Beech 99!
This is aimed at Freeflyers, but all jumpers are welcome to come and
use the Beech!
Free load organising, all jumps from 15,000 feet, registration £25.

BPA EVENTS
3rd to 7th April Tandem/AFF Instructor Course
10th and 11th June 4 way FS Grand Prix
15th and 16th July 8 way FS Grand Prix

LANGAR BOOGIE 2: 9TH to 17TH SEPTEMBER
16 way FS competition 9/10 September

LAST BUT NOT LEAST...
...over the 7 years since 1999 there's been a lot of talk about
whether there will ever be a new British Record and if so when and
where?

Well, we're in the process of trying to organise a little something
for September 15th to 17th 2006, although at the moment it's still at
a very early planning stage.

We want to build a 122-WAY for a new BRITISH FORMATION RECORD...
...and then, just for good measure, go for a SECOND POINT - a NEW
SEQUENTIAL WORLD RECORD!
The proposed aircraft line-up is two Skyvans, two Grand Caravans, two
LET 410 and the Beech 99. Jumps from 18,000 feet.
Contact NewR...@bpslangar.co.uk

See you all at Langar, then! Milko

Mikey

Feb 27, 2006, 4:52:13 PM2/27/06
Interesting news Milko,

Wow 15'000 in a beech & 18'000 for the formation attempt.
How do you get around the oxygen problem for going above 12'000?
Do the aircraft have their own supply for all day flying, all week?
If you need a oxygen supplier I'd be happy to recommend one
Is there going to be extra charges for those who need it, say someone like
me, a one lunged smoker? Or can I bring my own instead?

Mike

"BPS Langar" <in...@bpslangar.co.uk> wrote in message

Mike Rust

Feb 27, 2006, 6:17:24 PM2/27/06
We want to build a 122-WAY for a new BRITISH FORMATION RECORD...
...and then, just for good measure, go for a SECOND POINT - a NEW
SEQUENTIAL WORLD RECORD!
The proposed aircraft line-up is two Skyvans, two Grand Caravans, two
LET 410 and the Beech 99. Jumps from 18,000 feet.
Contact NewR...@bpslangar.co.uk

See you all at Langar, then! Milko

Thats nothing

At Chatteris we are organising a 3 clip 62 way tandem sequential skydive out
of a single Cessna 206. To take part
Contact skydivi...@chatteris.com

See you all for a £2 cup of tea in the cafe then! Mike

BPS Langar

Feb 28, 2006, 4:26:43 AM2/28/06
Cheers Mike,

We get around the oxygen problem with the Beech because it can maintain
a climb rate of over 1000 feet per minute whilst above 12,000, the
total lift time from loading to landing is less than 15 mins. For more
info have a look at the BPA Ops Manual, section 8 para 5.
When we do the 18,000 feet Record attempts all jumpers will be on
oxygen from 10,000. Each aircarft will be fitted with it's own oxygen
supply which will cater for at least one hour of flight above 10,000.
We are planning to do no more than five record attempts per day and all
other lifts will be from a normal exit alltitude of 13,500 feet.

If you do have a contact for an Oxygen supplier then I will keep them
in mind.

Milko.

Lloyd Quenby

Mar 3, 2006, 1:10:59 PM3/3/06
Might want to consider hiding your IP address in the mail header, and i
thought staff got free tea ;-)