Re: Bombs on bus and underground

Message has been deleted

Cerumen

Jul 7, 2005, 5:29:23 AM7/7/05

"Sn!pe" <sn...@spambin.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
news:1gzbruc.1urxdpx17u3xnzN%sn...@spambin.fsnet.co.uk...
> It looks like the bombers are in London at last.

Yes just heard something on the steam rajo.

--

Chris Thomas
West Cork

Linz

Jul 7, 2005, 6:54:01 AM7/7/05

"Sn!pe" <sn...@spambin.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> It looks like the bombers are in London at last.
^again

Message has been deleted

Cerumen

Jul 7, 2005, 6:33:35 AM7/7/05

"Thomas Rushton" <ThomasRush...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Sn!pe wrote:
>
> > It looks like the bombers are in London at last.
>
> Calling all London Sheddi -- are you guys OK?
>
> I've heard from my mother, and she's not planning on going anywhere
> now she's got home. That still leaves a stack of friends & family
> that I don't know about, and am worried about.
>
> I hope nobody here is suffering.

Only slight concern about my sister who has an apartment in central London
but she never uses the tube or buses and spends more time in her house in
Surrey than in city. Phone connections seem impossible right now though,
must be a very worrying time for many.

coj

Jul 7, 2005, 7:38:07 AM7/7/05

Thomas Rushton wrote:
> Sn!pe wrote:
>
> > It looks like the bombers are in London at last.
>
> Calling all London Sheddi -- are you guys OK?
>
> I've heard from my mother, and she's not planning on going anywhere
> now she's got home. That still leaves a stack of friends & family
> that I don't know about, and am worried about.
>
> I hope nobody here is suffering.

I'm OK (but I've got to get home later). Mrs coj is stuck in town ...

Linz

Jul 7, 2005, 7:40:46 AM7/7/05

"coj" <c_o_jo...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Thomas Rushton wrote:

>> I hope nobody here is suffering.
>
> I'm OK (but I've got to get home later).

Good luck.

> Mrs coj is stuck in town ...

But you've heard from her and she's okay, yes?

Guy King

Jul 7, 2005, 7:30:51 AM7/7/05
The message <1gzbruc.1urxdpx17u3xnzN%sn...@spambin.fsnet.co.uk>
from sn...@spambin.fsnet.co.uk (Sn!pe) contains these words:

> It looks like the bombers are in London at last.

They never really stopped.

--
Skipweasel.
Ivor Cutler - "Never knowingly understood."

Kate Dicey

Jul 7, 2005, 7:48:30 AM7/7/05
Sn!pe wrote:

> It looks like the bombers are in London at last.

Hmph... That'll give Little Sis the policeman and her hubby a few hours
of overtime they didn't want.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

coj

Jul 7, 2005, 8:00:26 AM7/7/05
Yes she's OK, (I'm hfrvat Google Gropes ATM so apologies for whatever
it does)
She's in the middle of town but having to stay at jbex.
I hope to leave early so I can get home for looking after miss coj

Guy King

Jul 7, 2005, 7:45:10 AM7/7/05
The message <1120736287.0...@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>
from "coj" <c_o_jo...@hotmail.com> contains these words:

> Mrs coj is stuck in town ...

So's one of Squid's colleagues. Emailed the orifice to say she's ohled a
book and a bockle of wine and has turned off the radio to settle down in
her hotel room to sit it out.

Message has been deleted

Carl LHS Williams

Jul 7, 2005, 9:15:30 AM7/7/05
Anyone heard from ArHelen? Is she jbexvat these days?

Malc

Jul 7, 2005, 9:28:53 AM7/7/05

Guy King wrote:
> The message <1120736287.0...@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>
> from "coj" <c_o_jo...@hotmail.com> contains these words:
>
> > Mrs coj is stuck in town ...
>
> So's one of Squid's colleagues. Emailed the orifice to say she's ohled a
> book and a bockle of wine and has turned off the radio to settle down in
> her hotel room to sit it out.

Denise took the kids to her parents last week in Hersham and one of the
things they did was to go to the Science museum and the Eye. Thank
heavens it was last week they went.

Personally I blame the French.

--
Malc

Bigjobs

Jul 7, 2005, 9:35:36 AM7/7/05

"Malc" <malcol...@ubht.swest.nhs.uk> wrote in message

I personally know 3 people (2 relatives) who came home from London
yesterday.

Thank "The Lady"

--
Bigjobs

Austin Shackles

Jul 7, 2005, 9:35:19 AM7/7/05
On or around Thu, 7 Jul 2005 10:30:54 +0100, sn...@spambin.fsnet.co.uk
(Sn!pe) enlightened us thusly:

>It looks like the bombers are in London at last.

aye.

for once I find myself in agreement with Red Ken: no matter how many of us
you cowardly lot kill, we won't let you win.

OWTTE.

excellent.

I also sent a message to the "your say" thing on the world at one site,
(http://www.bbc.co.uk/wato) saying null points to nick clarke for banging on
about whether we need a minister for homeland security.

bet they don't put it on the site.

--
Austin Shackles. www.ddol-las.fsnet.co.uk my opinions are just that
"Quos deus vult perdere, prius dementat" Euripedes, quoted in

robert...@my-deja.com

Jul 7, 2005, 9:40:20 AM7/7/05
Austin Shackles wrote:
> for once I find myself in agreement with Red Ken: no matter how many of us
> you cowardly lot kill, we won't let you win.
The more I see of him, the more I wonder if my dislike isn't
pre-conditioned and unreasoning. He is actually quite a bloke.

Kate Dicey

Jul 7, 2005, 9:58:32 AM7/7/05
coj wrote:

Big Sis also ok: didn't get to werk - everything ground to a halt just
as she reached Victoria (very late), and she went home again. Little
Sis has tried to contact her, so she's probably OK but caught up in
sorting it out. Glad to hear you lot are OK.

Lister

Jul 7, 2005, 9:56:24 AM7/7/05

You mean as opposed to quite a girl?

--
How can I meet Kylie Minogue?

Kate Dicey

Jul 7, 2005, 10:01:15 AM7/7/05
robert...@my-deja.com wrote:

Give him summat proper to chew on, he does well. Feed him poly ticks
and he gets a bit iffy... Bright chap, Red Ken - just not quite
pointing in the right direction some of the thyme.

Tim Hall

Jul 7, 2005, 10:08:53 AM7/7/05
On 7 Jul 2005 06:15:30 -0700, "Carl LHS Williams"
<carl...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Anyone heard from ArHelen? Is she jbexvat these days?

AFAIK she are retired. Not heard from her thobut.

Tim

coj

Jul 7, 2005, 10:11:03 AM7/7/05
yz wrote:

>>I'm OK (but I've got to get home later). Mrs coj is stuck in town ...
>

> Thank goodness! I've been worried about you. How on earth will you get
> home? Is it walkable?

I just drove back from Outer Outer London to Outer London. I fear Mrs
coj may be stuck the night at jbex in Inner Inner London.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Just zis Guy, you know?

Jul 7, 2005, 10:32:53 AM7/7/05
At Thu, 7 Jul 2005 10:30:54 +0100, message
<1gzbruc.1urxdpx17u3xnzN%sn...@spambin.fsnet.co.uk> was posted by
sn...@spambin.fsnet.co.uk (Sn!pe), including some, all or none of the
following:

>It looks like the bombers are in London at last.

I think you mean "back" in London.

Call me a curmudgeon (I dare you) but I can't help contrasting the
incredible amount of ink and anguish which is likely to be spilled on
this, to say nothing of Mad Emperor George and Bliar waffling on about
the war on an adjective, with the total silence surrounding road
traffic fatalities.

The death toll thus far is two. That is the equivalent of five hours'
average road deaths. Any attempt to reduce road deaths is resisted as
if driving carelessly was an inalienable right, while our entire
system of civil liberties is due to be flushed down the toilet in
response to what is, by any objective measure, an insignificant
threat.

Note, too, that the 9/11 death toll, the largest in any single
terrorist incident in history (provided, I suppose, that you don't
include things like Pearl Harbor and the invasion of Iraq as
terrorism) was less than a month's worth of road deaths for the USA.

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

Helen Deborah Vecht

Jul 7, 2005, 10:38:04 AM7/7/05
"Carl LHS Williams" <carl...@hotmail.com>typed

> Anyone heard from ArHelen? Is she jbexvat these days?

I are here.
I are fine.
I do not jbex.

Edgware =/ Edgware Road...

--
Helen D. Vecht: helen...@zetnet.co.uk
Edgware.

Helen Deborah Vecht

Jul 7, 2005, 10:36:34 AM7/7/05
"coj" <c_o_jo...@hotmail.com>typed

> Thomas Rushton wrote:
> > Sn!pe wrote:
> >
> > > It looks like the bombers are in London at last.
> >
> > Calling all London Sheddi -- are you guys OK?

I'm OK. Had 11am appointment at Northwick Park Hospital. Cab came at
appointed time, so arrived punctually.

After appointment: no cabs, some buses orft, no trains, ipssing rain,
legs not jbexvat well. Got home by buses called David to fetch me from
bus stop with wheeliechair. Couldn't teckst him as notjbex jambed.

Pablo Guildenstern

Jul 7, 2005, 10:41:34 AM7/7/05
In article <creqc114ro0jmuirf...@4ax.com>,
u...@ftc.gov says...

> The death toll thus far is two.

33 now.

--
"He just said it had an 'x'."
"It isn't their necks I mind," said Piglet earnestly.

Just zis Guy, you know?

Jul 7, 2005, 10:50:41 AM7/7/05
At Thu, 7 Jul 2005 15:41:34 +0100, message
<MPG.1d374f765...@localnews.mcc.ac.uk> was posted by Pablo
Guildenstern <davidd...@manchester.ac.uk>, including some, all or
none of the following:

>> The death toll thus far is two.
>33 now.

Fairy nuff. Beeb a bit behind the times, evidently.

All the same: 3,500 people die on the roads every year. Let's
remember that bit of perspective.

Pablo Guildenstern

Jul 7, 2005, 11:01:58 AM7/7/05
In article <b8gqc1thqo43r5ac8...@4ax.com>,
u...@ftc.gov says...

> At Thu, 7 Jul 2005 15:41:34 +0100, message
> <MPG.1d374f765...@localnews.mcc.ac.uk> was posted by Pablo
> Guildenstern <davidd...@manchester.ac.uk>, including some, all or
> none of the following:
>
> >> The death toll thus far is two.
> >33 now.
>
> Fairy nuff. Beeb a bit behind the times, evidently.
>
> All the same: 3,500 people die on the roads every year. Let's
> remember that bit of perspective.

While I agree that the road death numbers are outrageous, the
fact is that people using the roads know that there's a risk in
doing so. It's, like, different.

Sena

Jul 7, 2005, 11:12:30 AM7/7/05
In article <1gzbruc.1urxdpx17u3xnzN%sn...@spambin.fsnet.co.uk>, Sn!pe
said...

> It looks like the bombers are in London at last.

Roll call of our Londonsheddi please?
coj? Helen? Who else?
--
To reply see 'from' in headers; lose the domain, and insert dots and @
where common sense dictates.

Linz

Jul 7, 2005, 11:05:30 AM7/7/05

"coj" <c_o_jo...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Well, love and wishes to all of you. Keep safe.

Sena

Jul 7, 2005, 11:15:22 AM7/7/05
coj said...

> I'm OK (but I've got to get home later). Mrs coj is stuck in town ...

Phew. BTW, forget the roll call post from me - I sent it before this
fred came through on my chamine.

Linz

Jul 7, 2005, 11:07:14 AM7/7/05

"coj" <c_o_jo...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Any chance she can walk to Outer London? Or to Outer Inner London to
be picked up? Hotels have been ramping their rates right up to take
advantage of the captive market.

Helen Deborah Vecht

Jul 7, 2005, 10:46:51 AM7/7/05
Tim Hall <tim...@nospamtoday.clara.co.uk>typed

> Tim

That are crect. I dropped my phobile in a frond's car last week, so
haven't been able to teckst anysheddi.

Sena

Jul 7, 2005, 11:20:33 AM7/7/05
In article <3130303034323...@zetnet.co.uk>, Guy King said...
> The message <1gzbruc.1urxdpx17u3xnzN%sn...@spambin.fsnet.co.uk>
> from sn...@spambin.fsnet.co.uk (Sn!pe) contains these words:

> > It looks like the bombers are in London at last.
>
> They never really stopped.

Yebbut, in the past, it were the IRA, and mostly it was ickle wotnots
in litter bins an' suchlike. We usedter get bomb scares with
monotonous regularity and with similar monotonous ditto we universally
ignored 'em. This looks a bit different.

coj

Jul 7, 2005, 11:15:21 AM7/7/05
Linz wrote:

>>I just drove back from Outer Outer London to Outer London. I fear
>>Mrs coj may be stuck the night at jbex in Inner Inner London.
>
> Any chance she can walk to Outer London? Or to Outer Inner London to
> be picked up? Hotels have been ramping their rates right up to take
> advantage of the captive market.

The mainline stations are beginning to open, she intends to walk to one
of those when she can

Richard Bos

Jul 7, 2005, 11:17:32 AM7/7/05
"Just zis Guy, you know?" <u...@ftc.gov> wrote:

> At Thu, 7 Jul 2005 15:41:34 +0100, message
> <MPG.1d374f765...@localnews.mcc.ac.uk> was posted by Pablo
> Guildenstern <davidd...@manchester.ac.uk>, including some, all or
> none of the following:
>
> >> The death toll thus far is two.
> >33 now.
>
> Fairy nuff. Beeb a bit behind the times, evidently.

Nope, Beeb using the official figures, which were, 2 confirmed dead,
probably more but we can't confirm how many yet.

Stupid thing, though, bombing London and expecting terror. Don't they
realise that the city has experience? It's survived the IRA, it'll
survive whoever did this.

Richard

Fenny

Jul 7, 2005, 11:18:06 AM7/7/05
Previously on Buffy the Vampire Slayer ^W^W^W^W uk.rec.sheds, Linz said

> Any chance she can walk to Outer London? Or to Outer Inner London to
> be picked up? Hotels have been ramping their rates right up to take
> advantage of the captive market.

Abstrads.

I unferget a heavy snowfall in Wet Yorks some years back. All the peeps
from out of town ended up staying in the local hotels and once the infated
rate had been agreed, they got their mates in sleeping on the floor & in
the bath.
--
Fenny

"Sadly, the cat dies."
Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency

Sena

Jul 7, 2005, 11:24:39 AM7/7/05
In article <MPG.1d3756ba5...@news.individual.net>, Sena
said...

> In article <1gzbruc.1urxdpx17u3xnzN%sn...@spambin.fsnet.co.uk>, Sn!pe
> said...
> > It looks like the bombers are in London at last.
> >

> Roll call of our Londonsheddi please?
> coj? Helen? Who else?

OK, sorry, I've seen the fred now.

Guy King

Jul 7, 2005, 11:15:25 AM7/7/05
The message <1120737626....@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>
from "coj" <c_o_jo...@hotmail.com> contains these words:

> Yes she's OK,

We've tracked down two of the three in town - my neice and one nephew
are OK, but the youngest neph hasn't reported yet. He should have been
hard at it at La Gavroche, but who knows.

--
Skipweasel.
Ivor Cutler - "Never knowingly understood."

Guy King

Jul 7, 2005, 11:16:26 AM7/7/05
The message <enbqc1lll6b8mqoo5...@4ax.com>
from Austin Shackles <austin...@ddol-las.net> contains these words:

> about whether we need a minister for homeland security.

We have one - he's called The Home Secretary.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Carl LHS Williams

Jul 7, 2005, 11:42:53 AM7/7/05
Good-oh on all points. I know edgeware isn't edgeware rd
but I also know folk tend to be tubing about the place on a
relatively regular basis. Me mate Justin, it transpires, has
a cunning strategy to avoid being blown up on commuter
services, he slept through the morning and woke up to find
it curiously chaotic outside.

Carl LHS Williams

Jul 7, 2005, 11:51:35 AM7/7/05
> Call me a curmudgeon (I dare you) but I can't help contrasting the
> incredible amount of ink and anguish which is likely to be spilled on
> this, to say nothing of Mad Emperor George and Bliar waffling on about
> the war on an adjective, with the total silence surrounding road
> traffic fatalities.

Or indeed government-sponsored death and destruction, industrial injury

etc.

> The death toll thus far is two.

Thirty three plus now, apparently, 45 plus serious injuries.

> That is the equivalent of five hours'
> average road deaths. Any attempt to reduce road deaths is resisted as
> if driving carelessly was an inalienable right, while our entire
> system of civil liberties is due to be flushed down the toilet in
> response to what is, by any objective measure, an insignificant
> threat.

Quite. Of course, ID cards could have prevented this - if terrorists
had to show ID before planting bombs on trains then either, er, we'd
know
who they are after they've blown people up, or they'd have to sneak
about like fare-dodgers to plant bombs. Moreover, if we install video
cameras in everyone's bedrooms, wired in to GCHQ, we might be able to
prevent some dangerous acts of unsafe sex - "if it saves just one life,
it will have been worth it..." (since many households already have such
equipment installed voluntarily for their own purposes, the additional
cost per citizen wouldn't be all that high, mebbe only a hundred quid
or so.)

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Guy King

Jul 7, 2005, 12:22:45 PM7/7/05
The message <1120751495.2...@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>
from "Carl LHS Williams" <carl...@hotmail.com> contains these words:

> Moreover, if we install video
> cameras in everyone's bedrooms, wired in to GCHQ, we might be able to
> prevent some dangerous acts of unsafe sex -

That presupposes people only funt in their badrooms (ToBAGO). Some of
our most unsafe acts have been performed - well - all over the place.

Just zis Guy, you know?

Jul 7, 2005, 12:34:51 PM7/7/05
At Thu, 7 Jul 2005 16:01:58 +0100, message
<MPG.1d37543e7...@localnews.mcc.ac.uk> was posted by Pablo

Guildenstern <davidd...@manchester.ac.uk>, including some, all or
none of the following:

>While I agree that the road death numbers are outrageous, the

>fact is that people using the roads know that there's a risk in
>doing so. It's, like, different.

No, I don't think it is. A disproportionate number of those killed on
the roads are not in cars, but are killed by car drivers. Motoring
offences result in more deaths and serious injuries than all other
crime put together.

Just zis Guy, you know?

Jul 7, 2005, 12:37:02 PM7/7/05
At Thu, 07 Jul 2005 16:36:36 +0100, message
<2qiqc1d7n9s676kbc...@4ax.com> was posted by
x(yz)enop...@hotmail.com, including some, all or none of the
following:

>>All the same: 3,500 people die on the roads every year. Let's

>>remember that bit of perspective.

>That's less than 10 a day. Today's toll, in one city, is 33 fatalities,
>plus as yet uncounted injured.

That's 33 in how many years?

>People travelling on the roads die by accident. These people were
>murdered while going about their normal lives.

Many people who die on the roads are killed through no fault of their
own while going about their normal daily lives. And most road
"accidents" are not accidents at all (the word is now deprecated in
official stats in recognition of that fact).

Just zis Guy, you know?

Jul 7, 2005, 12:37:54 PM7/7/05
At Thu, 07 Jul 2005 17:04:00 +0100, message
<tikqc1l0jpr2657m5...@4ax.com> was posted by Marc Wilson
<E-0C0013...@cleopatra.co.uk>, including some, all or none of
the following:

>3,200 last year- the lowest since records began.

Troo - I forgot the new figures were out. Note that figures for
vulnerable road users and children are still shockingly poor, though.

Bernard Peek

Jul 7, 2005, 12:27:18 PM7/7/05
In message <1120734751.24ffa9074d295dfa8540571fc99f7582@teranews>,
Thomas Rushton <ThomasRush...@gmail.com> writes

>Sn!pe wrote:
>
>> It looks like the bombers are in London at last.
>
>Calling all London Sheddi -- are you guys OK?

As much as I was before today!

Had a pleasant three mile stroll through London then got the bus home.

--
Bernard Peek

Message has been deleted

Lister

Jul 7, 2005, 1:10:42 PM7/7/05
On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 17:03:35 +0100, Marc Wilson
<E-0C0013...@cleopatra.co.uk> wrote:

>In uk.rec.sheds, (Just zis Guy, you know?) wrote in
><creqc114ro0jmuirf...@4ax.com>::

>>Call me a curmudgeon (I dare you) but I can't help contrasting the
>>incredible amount of ink and anguish which is likely to be spilled on
>>this, to say nothing of Mad Emperor George and Bliar waffling on about
>>the war on an adjective, with the total silence surrounding road
>>traffic fatalities.
>>

>>The death toll thus far is two.
>

>30 and counting...

33 so far

--
How can I meet Kylie Minogue?

Message has been deleted

Sena

Jul 7, 2005, 2:03:29 PM7/7/05
In article <1gzcdzo.3ojfzkk2z2r3N%sn...@spambin.fsnet.co.uk>, Sn!pe
said...

> > >30 and counting...
> > >

> > 33 so far
>
> 35, plus 45 serious injuries, 300+ 'minor' injuries.

And many thousands shaken or stirred.
Message has been deleted

robert...@my-deja.com

Jul 7, 2005, 2:33:05 PM7/7/05
Sn!pe wrote:
> I feel my gorge rising when presented with Culpability Blair on TV,
> taking out his onion (small o) and wringing his hands; The Warmonger has
> brought this down on us.

I could not agree more. He did look very sombre, as well he might. I
just feel sorry for Geldoff & co, whose hopes and thunder may both be
lost on the same day. I cannot see the agenda being pushed through
while Blair was on his way south to hang his head.

Just zis Guy, you know?

Jul 7, 2005, 2:45:02 PM7/7/05
At Thu, 7 Jul 2005 17:58:25 +0100, message
<1gzcchj.olnydligavm9N%sn...@spambin.fsnet.co.uk> was posted by
sn...@spambin.fsnet.co.uk (Sn!pe), including some, all or none of the
following:

>I'm with you, Geri; frankly it strikes me as rather odd to find
>someone banging a road-safety drum in this thread.

Arwell, I am prolly not entirely rational at present due to
after-effects of anaesthetic, but in general I am unhappy about the
way the fallacy of false vividness is used to scare us about things
which, in the grand scheme of things, are not all that likely.
Especially when the aim of that scaring is often the erosion of what
few civil liberties we have left.

I will shut up now.

Cerumen

Jul 7, 2005, 1:48:48 PM7/7/05

"Austin Shackles" <austin...@ddol-las.net> wrote in message
> On or around Thu, 7 Jul 2005 10:30:54 +0100, sn...@spambin.fsnet.co.uk
> (Sn!pe) enlightened us thusly:

> >It looks like the bombers are in London at last.
>
> aye.
>
> for once I find myself in agreement with Red Ken: no matter how many of
us
> you cowardly lot kill, we won't let you win.

Good with newts as well parrotly.

--

Chris Thomas
West Cork

Guy King

Jul 7, 2005, 3:18:36 PM7/7/05
The message <1gzcg4t.1mmt3ty1j5pva2N%sn...@spambin.fsnet.co.uk>
from sn...@spambin.fsnet.co.uk (Sn!pe) contains these words:

> I feel my gorge rising when presented with Culpability Blair on TV,
> taking out his onion (small o) and wringing his hands; The Warmonger has
> brought this down on us.

There was a letter to PM this afternoon which said that London, Madrid
and the Australians at Bali weren't attacked because they supported the
US but because they /could/ be attacked.

Nonsense.

If that were true why hasn't Reykjavik or Oslo or Basle been attacked?
The three most promiment supporters of the US action in Iraq have been
attacked themselves, just as many of us said would happen when Blair was
whipping us into a war many of us didn't want. This was just one of the
reasons why we didn't want it.

Malc

Jul 7, 2005, 4:20:13 PM7/7/05

<robert...@my-deja.com> wrote in message
Has anyone notice Bliar's odd way of speaking nowadays?

He says a sentence. Then
there's a very long pause. Then
another sentence.
Is he waiting for us to catch up with him?

Of course this will provide yet another stimulus for the pro ID card lobby,
though just how it would have prevented today's outrage beats me... Oh no
silly me, you give your occupation as terrorist.

--
Malc

Message has been deleted

Austin Shackles

Jul 7, 2005, 4:49:03 PM7/7/05
On or around Thu, 7 Jul 2005 16:07:14 +0100, "Linz"
<sp...@lindsayendell.co.uk> enlightened us thusly:

>Hotels have been ramping their rates right up to take
>advantage of the captive market.

which is fecking disgusting. Anyone doing such should have their licence
pulled, IMHO.

--
Austin Shackles. www.ddol-las.fsnet.co.uk my opinions are just that
"Quos deus vult perdere, prius dementat" Euripedes, quoted in
Boswell's "Johnson".

Malc

Jul 7, 2005, 4:47:26 PM7/7/05

> Malc <malunsp...@lightindigooverthere.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Of course this will provide yet another stimulus for the pro ID card
>> lobby,
>> though just how it would have prevented today's outrage beats me... Oh no
>> silly me, you give your occupation as terrorist.
>
> [crosses fingers behind back]
>
> It's just as well I'm not *really* a conspiracy theorist.
>
> [keeps 'em crossed]

You're not alone, but no, surely not this time.

--
Malc

"Your mother can't climb stairs"
Dalek playground taunt

Austin Shackles

Jul 7, 2005, 4:47:56 PM7/7/05
On or around 7 Jul 2005 06:28:53 -0700, "Malc"
<malcol...@ubht.swest.nhs.uk> enlightened us thusly:

>Personally I blame the French.

Actually, that was my first reaction.

more ponderable, though, is what someone came up with this evening: Had
Paris won the limp-bicks bid, would we now be reading of berms on the Metro?

JonG

Jul 7, 2005, 4:51:41 PM7/7/05
Malc wrote:

> Has anyone notice Bliar's odd way of speaking nowadays?
>
> He says a sentence. Then
> there's a very long pause. Then
> another sentence.
> Is he waiting for us to catch up with him?
>
> Of course this will provide yet another stimulus for the pro ID card lobby,
> though just how it would have prevented today's outrage beats me... Oh no
> silly me, you give your occupation as terrorist.

I noticed he said "Whatever they do it is our determination that they
will never succeed in destroying what we hold dear in this country and
in other civilised nations throughout the world."

They've already managed it, Tony, what with ID cards and detention
without trial.

--

JonG (Self -Preservation Society No. 37 3/4)

The Shed: A Shelter from Pigs on the Wing

Austin Shackles

Jul 7, 2005, 4:55:18 PM7/7/05
On or around Thu, 07 Jul 2005 19:45:02 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
<u...@ftc.gov> enlightened us thusly:

>At Thu, 7 Jul 2005 17:58:25 +0100, message
><1gzcchj.olnydligavm9N%sn...@spambin.fsnet.co.uk> was posted by
>sn...@spambin.fsnet.co.uk (Sn!pe), including some, all or none of the
>following:
>
>>I'm with you, Geri; frankly it strikes me as rather odd to find
>>someone banging a road-safety drum in this thread.
>
>Arwell, I am prolly not entirely rational at present due to
>after-effects of anaesthetic, but in general I am unhappy about the
>way the fallacy of false vividness is used to scare us about things
>which, in the grand scheme of things, are not all that likely.
>Especially when the aim of that scaring is often the erosion of what
>few civil liberties we have left.
>
>I will shut up now.

FWIW, I agree with you. I cite the furore made over Hungerford and
Dunblane, as supporting wossname. Enormous fuss, arj laws to replace
already-functional laws, restriction of civil liberties... but at the end of
the day, getting on for 100 times as many people get killed every year (or
not far short of twice as many every week, if you prefer) and apart from the
victims relatives and friends, no-one appears that bothered.

Malc

Jul 7, 2005, 5:04:35 PM7/7/05

> On or around 7 Jul 2005 06:28:53 -0700, "Malc"
> <malcol...@ubht.swest.nhs.uk> enlightened us thusly:
>

>>Personally I blame the French.
>
> Actually, that was my first reaction.
>
> more ponderable, though, is what someone came up with this evening: Had
> Paris won the limp-bicks bid, would we now be reading of berms on the
> Metro?

Most people seem to be linking it with the start of the G8 conference.
Though bombing a capital full of party goers would have beena good coup. On
balance thobut I think the G8 is more likely because the logistics of
getting bombs into place in all the likely winners would have been
difficult. There was a chance NY could have slipped in under the radar due
to the spat between us and Senapr or someother place which I can't unforget.

I bet Seb Coe is thanking his lucky stars that the result was announced
yesterday.

Roger Hunt

Jul 7, 2005, 4:59:39 PM7/7/05
On Thu, 7 Jul 2005, Malc typed this :

>Has anyone notice Bliar's odd way of speaking nowadays?
>
>He says a sentence. Then
>there's a very long pause. Then
>another sentence.
>Is he waiting for us to catch up with him?

It's his way of telling us that he
is speaking
from the bottom of his heart.

Or, more likely, he's waiting to be told what to say, by means of some
little electronic device that he's had implanted.
--
Roger Hunt

Roger Hunt

Jul 7, 2005, 4:56:34 PM7/7/05
On Thu, 7 Jul 2005, Just zis Guy, you know? typed this :

>At Thu, 07 Jul 2005 17:04:00 +0100, message
><tikqc1l0jpr2657m5...@4ax.com> was posted by Marc Wilson
><E-0C0013...@cleopatra.co.uk>, including some, all or none of
>the following:
>
>>3,200 last year- the lowest since records began.
>
>Troo - I forgot the new figures were out. Note that figures for
>vulnerable road users and children are still shockingly poor, though.

It is a little bit lazy of me to ask if you have a member of the
aristocracy handy for the new figures, but then again Gurgle would
probably undulate me with 5 million hits ....
--
Roger Hunt

Roger Hunt

Jul 7, 2005, 4:53:41 PM7/7/05
On Thu, 7 Jul 2005, typed this :
Ah shame ....
IRTA "..... on his way south to hang."
--
Roger Hunt

robert...@my-deja.com

Jul 7, 2005, 5:18:04 PM7/7/05
JonG wrote:
> I noticed he [[bliar]] said "Whatever they do it is our determination that they

> will never succeed in destroying what we hold dear in this country and
> in other civilised nations throughout the world."
>
> They've already managed it, Tony, what with ID cards and detention
> without trial.

s/They've already managed it, Tony/YOU've already done it for them,
Tony/

Otherwise I am with you all the way.

Austin Shackles

Jul 7, 2005, 5:21:17 PM7/7/05
On or around Thu, 7 Jul 2005 21:59:39 +0100, Roger Hunt
<x...@carewg.demon.co.uk> enlightened us thusly:

>It's his way of telling us that he
>is speaking
>from the bottom of his heart.

IRTA speaking from his bottom.

Fenny

Jul 7, 2005, 5:19:57 PM7/7/05
Previously on Buffy the Vampire Slayer ^W^W^W^W uk.rec.sheds, Sn!pe said

> 35, plus 45 serious injuries, 300+ 'minor' injuries.

BBC reporter this evening said "200 people had been taken to X hospital
with their injuries". Couldn't they have sent the injuries along and then
gone home?
--
Fenny

Xander: We just saw the zebras mating. Thank you, very exciting.
Willow: It was like the heimlich... with stripes!

robert...@my-deja.com

Jul 7, 2005, 5:20:04 PM7/7/05
Roger Hunt wrote:
> It's his way of telling us that he
> is speaking
> from the bottom of his heart.
>
> Or, more likely, he's waiting to be told what to say, by means of some
> little electronic device that he's had implanted.

My sydlexia spectacles moved 'bottom of his' at the end of your last
paragraph. AISMS

robert...@my-deja.com

Jul 7, 2005, 5:25:01 PM7/7/05
Sn!pe wrote:
> It's just as well I'm not *really* a conspiracy theorist.

Have you noticed the recent rash of cross-posting vermin dropping VERY
nasty little posts into the Shedd? I've been wondering about Larting
them, but most have very untraceable headers.

Message has been deleted

robert...@my-deja.com

Jul 7, 2005, 5:32:06 PM7/7/05
MI5.Vic...@privacy.net wrote:
> Only from Jon Snow invading my livingspace while he (cont'd p94)

Good lad. Life as usual, eh? Well done.

Fenny

Jul 7, 2005, 5:34:19 PM7/7/05
Previously on Buffy the Vampire Slayer ^W^W^W^W uk.rec.sheds,
robert...@my-deja.com said ...

> Have you noticed the recent rash of cross-posting vermin dropping VERY
> nasty little posts into the Shedd?

No. No crossposts here. I did notice the large difference between
headers on the swerver and posts arriving here, but I don't are for
crossposting.
--
Fenny

Giles: I made up my mine first! I'm older and wiser than you, and just...
just do what you're told for once! Alright?

Message has been deleted

Sena

Jul 7, 2005, 5:55:31 PM7/7/05
In article <l57rc1dvkujs155pj...@4ax.com>, Austin
Shackles said...

> On or around Thu, 7 Jul 2005 21:59:39 +0100, Roger Hunt
> <x...@carewg.demon.co.uk> enlightened us thusly:
>

> >It's his way of telling us that he
> >is speaking
> >from the bottom of his heart.
> >

> IRTA speaking from his bottom.

AISMPS. Actually, scrub that. It molisheth even *more* frafr.
--
To reply see 'from' in headers; lose the domain, and insert dots and @
where common sense dictates.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Sena

Jul 7, 2005, 5:57:32 PM7/7/05
In article <q85rc1h2f8uisgfno...@4ax.com>, Austin
Shackles said...

> On or around Thu, 7 Jul 2005 16:07:14 +0100, "Linz"
> <sp...@lindsayendell.co.uk> enlightened us thusly:
>
> >Hotels have been ramping their rates right up to take
> >advantage of the captive market.
>
> which is fecking disgusting. Anyone doing such should have their licence
> pulled, IMHO.

Wotesed.
Message has been deleted

Richard Parker

Jul 7, 2005, 6:20:27 PM7/7/05
#include <1120734751.24ffa9074d295dfa8540571fc99f7582@teranews>

>Sn!pe wrote:
>
>> It looks like the bombers are in London at last.
>
>Calling all London Sheddi -- are you guys OK?

I checked out of the Vovf in Greenwich this morning (jbexing from home
tomorrow) and got the DLR to Canary Wharf and the orofice. As we
pulled into the Wharf the driver announced that the train wouldn't
continue to Bank as there had been a power failure.

Got to my desk and logged in and did my brief morning surf and saw the
Beeb mentioning explosions and fired up News 24 on the streaming video
on the intranet and left it on all day.

Canary Wharf was tense and subdued, nearly empty even at lunchtime. I
don't think the canteen at jbex had ever had it so busy, and it was
staying open late to cope with the stranded.

I went out to see, and most of the businesses were closed, there was
no traffic as the security was at maximum and no vehicles allowed in
and I watched the police go into search the DLR station. Rather
disconcertingly City Airport stayed open and kept on throwing aircraft
directly at the office every 20 minutes or so..

Then I had to figure out to get home. Thankfully my ex-manager was
going home too, and dropped me at Potters Bar so I avoided the
mainline stations. Went to Welwyn Garden City then to Peterborough and
then here to York, not pleasant but not the worst.

Rich
--
Richard Parker

Anyone who has had a bull by the tail knows five or six more things than someone who hasn't.
- Mark Twain

Message has been deleted

Tony Davison

Jul 7, 2005, 7:00:34 PM7/7/05
On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 22:57:32 +0100, Sena wrote:

> In article <q85rc1h2f8uisgfno...@4ax.com>, Austin
> Shackles said...
>> On or around Thu, 7 Jul 2005 16:07:14 +0100, "Linz"
>> <sp...@lindsayendell.co.uk> enlightened us thusly:
>>
>> >Hotels have been ramping their rates right up to take
>> >advantage of the captive market.
>>
>> which is fecking disgusting. Anyone doing such should have their licence
>> pulled, IMHO.
>>
> Wotesed.

You may not have noticed that the Scotland Yard provided telephone number
for checking on your nearest and dearest in an 0870 number.

--
Big Tone

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Peter Thomas

Jul 7, 2005, 7:17:03 PM7/7/05
In message <1gzcg4t.1mmt3ty1j5pva2N%sn...@spambin.fsnet.co.uk>, Sn!pe
<sn...@spambin.fsnet.co.uk> writes
snip

>I feel my gorge rising when presented with Culpability Blair on TV,
>taking out his onion (small o)

Er, what would be the implication of a capital O for Onion? ITWSBT.
--
Peter Thomas

Peter Thomas

Jul 7, 2005, 7:19:27 PM7/7/05
In message <1120771501.7...@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
robert...@my-deja.com writes

>Sn!pe wrote:
>> It's just as well I'm not *really* a conspiracy theorist.
>
>Have you noticed the recent rash of cross-posting vermin dropping VERY
>nasty little posts into the Shedd?

No.

They may well be filtereded out.

> I've been wondering about Larting
>them, but most have very untraceable headers.

Mvulana was contemplating the molishing of rules to block stuff with no
title or sender details. Left for now.
--
Peter Thomas

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

M Rimmer

Jul 8, 2005, 2:50:29 AM7/8/05
In message <18gze.65212$G8.2...@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk>, Malc
<malunsp...@lightindigooverthere.co.uk> writes

>Has anyone notice Bliar's odd way of speaking nowadays?
>
>He says a sentence. Then
>there's a very long pause. Then
>another sentence.
>Is he waiting for us to catch up with him?

It's to make it easier for the TV editor to get the sound bites.
--
M Rimmer

It is loading more messages.