Project box-of-dog status report

Andrewr At Work

Jun 23, 2003, 7:50:38 AM6/23/03
AKA : How to fall before you get to the start line.

Those of you haven't yet killed all of your braincells may recall that
Eddie and I had a mad plan to help my mate, Mick, turn his boxes of bits
into a running H1, as a winter project[1].

With various other things that had been getting in the way[2] now almost
out of the way we have been thinking about getting round to it.

However, Mick turns up in the pub last week and announces that he'd
sorted the box of bits, but he didn't see any carbs in there.

This raises several important questions;

1. Would Champ/Packer like to admit to still having H1 carbs knocking
about?

2. TOG, any chance you could keep your eagle eyes peeled for these?
We'd also like a mint fairing for a '91 CBR6 and a big pile of rocking
horse shit.

3. Dodger, where do you live and when will you next be out?

[1] Originally winter 2002/03, now Winter TBA.
[2] Flaco throwing its chain, 6R needing frequent brake work, GSX-F
needing fettling, Statto parking his bike in Eddie's garage, climbing,
drinking, rising tension in the Middle East, etc.

--
AndrewR, D.Bot (Celeritas)
Kawasaki ZX-6R J1

Champ

Jun 23, 2003, 8:14:59 AM6/23/03
On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 11:50:38 +0000 (UTC), "Andrewr At Work"
<and...@rockface.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>However, Mick turns up in the pub last week and announces that he'd
>sorted the box of bits, but he didn't see any carbs in there.
>
>This raises several important questions;
>
>1. Would Champ/Packer like to admit to still having H1 carbs knocking
>about?

Oops.

Well, if I ever did have them, I certainly don't now. But, now you
mention it, I can't remember seeing them myself <fx: passes mean
spinning buck to Burnt>
--
Champ : A welcome patch of grey in a black and white world
GSX-R 1000, GPz 750 turbo, ZX-7RR Endurance Racer (nearly finished)

Bear

Jun 23, 2003, 9:54:09 AM6/23/03
Champ wibbled ...

> Well, if I ever did have them, I certainly don't now. But, now you
> mention it, I can't remember seeing them myself <fx: passes mean
> spinning buck to Burnt>

lol

*Seamless* 9.95 :)
--
Bear
These are my own opinions, and not necessarily those of all Bears

The Older Gentleman

Jun 23, 2003, 1:48:19 PM6/23/03
Andrewr At Work <and...@rockface.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

> 2. TOG, any chance you could keep your eagle eyes peeled for these?

Sure, but I need to know which model of H1.

--
Trophy 1200 750SS CB550F2 CB400F GT380 ST70 YTC#3
GAGARPHOF#30 GHPOTHUF#1 IHABWTJ#1 BOTAFOT#60 ANORAK#06 OSOS#1

Salad Dodger

Jun 23, 2003, 4:25:33 PM6/23/03
On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 18:48:19 +0100, chateau.mu...@dsl.pipex.com
(The Older Gentleman) wrote:

>Andrewr At Work <and...@rockface.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> 2. TOG, any chance you could keep your eagle eyes peeled for these?
>
>Sure, but I need to know which model of H1.

The bodies are all the same, just different jets.

By some strange coincidence[1], I have three sets of jets for early[2]
H1s in the garage.

[1] not to mention some incompetence.
[2] H1,A,B,C.

--
| ___ Salad Dodger
|/ \ GL1500SEV/CBR1100XXX/KH500A8/TS250C/exTS185C
_/_____\_ ..55021../..13003.../..3146./.19406/.spares.
|_\_____/_| IMC#4 TPPFATUICG#7 YTC#4 DIAABTCOD#9
(>|_|_|<) BOTAFOT #70 two#11 Ignoramus #0001
|__|_|__| BOTAFOF #09 IbW#0 & KotIbW# OSOS#07
\ |^| / WG* BotTOS #6 GP#4 ANORAK#17
\|^|/ 2003 RBR landmarks:58 points:1370 miles:4930
'^'

Salad Dodger

Jun 23, 2003, 4:33:37 PM6/23/03
On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 11:50:38 +0000 (UTC), "Andrewr At Work"
<and...@rockface.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>AKA : How to fall before you get to the start line.
>
>Those of you haven't yet killed all of your braincells may recall that
>Eddie and I had a mad plan to help my mate, Mick, turn his boxes of bits
>into a running H1, as a winter project[1].
>
>With various other things that had been getting in the way[2] now almost
>out of the way we have been thinking about getting round to it.
>
>However, Mick turns up in the pub last week and announces that he'd
>sorted the box of bits, but he didn't see any carbs in there.

Welcome to Hell.

>This raises several important questions;
>
>1. Would Champ/Packer like to admit to still having H1 carbs knocking
>about?

I have 3 *very* horrible looking ones.

Also:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35597&item=2420705286

>3. Dodger, where do you live and when will you next be out?

Isle of Dogs, and Linda says I'm not allowed out until I've tidied my
room.

Ginge

Jun 23, 2003, 5:08:20 PM6/23/03
In article <bunmfv4rmp50o01h9...@4ax.com>, wrote...

> I thought I'd behaved myself well on Thursday only to be
> regaled with lots of "how pissed were you, what did you say
> to so-and-so type stories". Well I didn't have a hangover
> on Friday; had an all day one on Saturday though!

See, if ever you needed proof that stopping drinking is bad, this is it.

--
ginge [at] stopthevoices.org.uk :: Kawasaki ZRX1200R, Yamaha SZR660

Bear

Jun 23, 2003, 5:43:35 PM6/23/03
Salad Dodger wibbled ...

> >3. Dodger, where do you live and when will you next be out?
>
> Isle of Dogs, and Linda says I'm not allowed out until I've tidied my
> room.

heh

Salad Dodger

Jun 24, 2003, 3:43:48 PM6/24/03
On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 11:50:38 +0000 (UTC), "Andrewr At Work"
<and...@rockface.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>AKA : How to fall before you get to the start line.
>
>Those of you haven't yet killed all of your braincells may recall that
>Eddie and I had a mad plan to help my mate, Mick, turn his boxes of bits
>into a running H1, as a winter project[1].

Bloke just written a report of his resto job on an H1F in the month's
CKC magazine.

2 years, and FIVE THOUSAND, EIGHT HUNDRED AND THIRTY-FOUR POUNDS,
NINETY-FOUR PENCE later, it's on the road.

You have been warned.

Nigel Eaton

Jun 24, 2003, 6:52:14 PM6/24/03
Using the patented Mavis Bacon "Hunt&Peck" Technique, Salad Dodger
<spam&salad....@dsl.pipex.com> typed

>Bloke just written a report of his resto job on an H1F in the month's
>CKC magazine.
>
>2 years, and FIVE THOUSAND, EIGHT HUNDRED AND THIRTY-FOUR POUNDS,
>NINETY-FOUR PENCE later, it's on the road.

Jesus H Christ!

What did he spend the 94 pee on?
--
Nigel
WS* GHPOTHUF#24 APOSTLE#14 DLC#1 COFF#20

ZZR1100 and Enfield 500 Curry House Racer "The Basmati Rice Burner" (No , I'm
not sure how that happened either).

Lozzo

Jun 24, 2003, 7:20:30 PM6/24/03
Nigel Eaton fascinated us all by saying...

> Using the patented Mavis Bacon "Hunt&Peck" Technique, Salad Dodger
> <spam&salad....@dsl.pipex.com> typed
> >
> >Bloke just written a report of his resto job on an H1F in the month's
> >CKC magazine.
> >
> >2 years, and FIVE THOUSAND, EIGHT HUNDRED AND THIRTY-FOUR POUNDS,
> >NINETY-FOUR PENCE later, it's on the road.
> >

> Jesus H Christ!
>
> What did he spend the 94 pee on?

Initial purchase of the bike.

--
Lozzo
ZZR1100D (Working)

The Older Gentleman

Jun 25, 2003, 2:44:20 AM6/25/03
Salad Dodger <spam&salad....@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

> CKC magazine

CKC?

Ah! Penny drops.

The Older Gentleman

Jun 25, 2003, 2:44:20 AM6/25/03
Lozzo <lo...@lozzo.org.uk> wrote:

> Nigel Eaton fascinated us all by saying...
> > Using the patented Mavis Bacon "Hunt&Peck" Technique, Salad Dodger
> > <spam&salad....@dsl.pipex.com> typed
> > >
> > >Bloke just written a report of his resto job on an H1F in the month's
> > >CKC magazine.
> > >
> > >2 years, and FIVE THOUSAND, EIGHT HUNDRED AND THIRTY-FOUR POUNDS,
> > >NINETY-FOUR PENCE later, it's on the road.
> > >

> > Jesus H Christ!
> >
> > What did he spend the 94 pee on?
>
> Initial purchase of the bike.

ROFL

darsy

Jun 25, 2003, 4:02:44 AM6/25/03
On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 07:44:20 +0100, chateau.mu...@dsl.pipex.com
(The Older Gentleman) wrote:

>Salad Dodger <spam&salad....@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
>
>> CKC magazine
>
>CKC?
>
>Ah! Penny drops.

Crap Kawasaki Club?

--
darsy | cd200/cbr900rr-y/r65ls

Salad Dodger

Jun 25, 2003, 4:06:28 AM6/25/03
On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 09:02:44 +0100, darsy <da...@sticky.co.uk> wrote:

>Crap Kawasaki Club?

You really didn't like it, did you?

<sniff>

Okay, then, as it's you - Four grand, and ICMOT.

darsy

Jun 25, 2003, 4:26:31 AM6/25/03
On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 09:06:28 +0100, Salad Dodger
<spam&salad....@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 09:02:44 +0100, darsy <da...@sticky.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>Crap Kawasaki Club?
>
>You really didn't like it, did you?

sorry, I thought it was horrible.

But then, I hate two-strokes and kawasakis, so it didn't really have
much of a chance.

Plus, it looks shit.

--
darsy | cd200/cbr900rr-y/r65ls