Off Topic - Funny

AGEM1960

Mar 21, 2002, 9:05:19 PM3/21/02
Samsung Electronics

Caller: "Can you give me the telephone number for Jack?"

Operator: "I'm sorry, sir, I don't understand who you are talking about".

Caller: "On page 1, section 5 of the user guide it clearly states that
I need to unplug the fax machine from the AC wall socket and telephone Jack
before clearing. Now, can you give me the number for Jack?"

Operator: "I think you mean the telephone point on the wall".

RAC Motoring Services

Caller: "Does your European Breakdown Policy cover me when I am
travelling in Australia?" (The product gives you a clue).

Caller (enquiring about legal requirements while travelling in
France): "If I register my car in France, do I have to change the steering
wheel to the other side of the car?"

Directory Enquiries

Caller: "I'd like the number of the Argoed Fish Bar in Cardiff, please".

Operator: "I'm sorry, there's no listing. Is the spelling correct?"

Caller: "Well, it used to be called the Bargoed Fish Bar but the 'B' fell off".

Then there was the caller who asked for a knitwear company in Woven.

Operator: "Woven? Are you sure?"

Caller: "Yes. That's what it says on the label - Woven in Scotland".

Caller: "I'd like the RSPCA please".

Operator: "Where are you calling from?"

Caller: "The living room".

On another occasion, a man making heavy breathing sounds from a phone box told
a worried operator: "I haven't got a pen, so I'm steaming up the window to
write the number on".

Computer Capers

Tech Support: "I need you to right-click on the Open Desktop".

Customer: "OK".

Tech Support: "Did you get a pop-up menu?"

Customer: "No".

Tech Support: "OK. Right-click again. Do you see a pop-up menu?"

Customer: "No".

Tech Support: "OK, sir. Can you tell me what you have done up until
this point?"

Customer: "Sure. You told me to write 'click' and I wrote 'click' ".

Tech Support: "OK. In the bottom left hand side of the screen, can
you see the 'OK' button displayed?"

Customer: "Wow. How can you see my screen from there?"

Caller: "I deleted a file from my PC last week and I have just
realised that I need it. If I turn my system clock back two weeks
will I have my file back again?"

British Rail

Customer: "How much does it cost to Bath on the train?"

Operator: "If you can get your feet in the sink, then it's free".

Customer: "I've been ringing 0700 2300 for two days and can't get
through to enquiries, can you help?"

Operator: "Where did you get that number from, sir?"

Customer: "It was on the door to the Travel Centre".

Operator: "Sir, they are our opening hours".

Nat West Bank

Caller: "I would like to borrow £2,000 please".

Operator: "Certainly, sir. Over how long?"

Caller: "Three years, please".

Operator: "OK, sir. That will be £75 per month for 36 months. Is that OK?"

Caller: "No, not at all. I want it all at once!"

Drakanthus

Mar 22, 2002, 6:57:21 AM3/22/02
"AGEM1960" <agem...@aol.com> wrote in message

Does anyone know any gardening jokes?
--
Draka...@hotmail.com
(SPAM FILTER in use. Include the word VB anywhere in the SUBJECT LINE or

Judith Lea

Mar 22, 2002, 9:43:30 AM3/22/02
In article <u0Fm8.7878$eG.3...@news2-win.server.ntlworld.com>,
Drakanthus <Draka...@hotmail.com> writes

Big, big, enormous snip!! (Please don't reproduce the whole message,
just enough for us to know to what you refer). This is not a flame it's
a little mild old woman giving a gentle reminder.

>Does anyone know any gardening jokes?

Yes, me falling downstairs with pee for the garden compost heap. Said
heap actually caught fire last Autumn.
--
Judith Lea

Paul Kelly

Mar 22, 2002, 10:10:45 AM3/22/02

"Judith Lea" <l...@nanime.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

> In article <u0Fm8.7878$eG.3...@news2-win.server.ntlworld.com>,
> Drakanthus <Draka...@hotmail.com> writes
>
> Big, big, enormous snip!! (Please don't reproduce the whole message,
> just enough for us to know to what you refer). This is not a flame it's
> a little mild old woman giving a gentle reminder.
>
> >Does anyone know any gardening jokes?

What did the slug say to the snail?

>Scroll down for punch line

Big issue, guv?

pk

Drakanthus

Mar 22, 2002, 12:30:45 PM3/22/02
> >Does anyone know any gardening jokes?
>
> Yes, me falling downstairs with pee for the garden compost heap. Said
> heap actually caught fire last Autumn.
> --
> Judith Lea

For the heap to catch fire that must have been high octane pee! Had you been
on the scotch? ;-)
Drak

Janet Baraclough

Mar 22, 2002, 11:47:52 AM3/22/02
The message <7qa4smBS...@nanime.demon.co.uk>
from Judith Lea <l...@nanime.demon.co.uk> contains these words:

You haven't mentioned that before, Judith...how did that happen,
and what did you wear for fire duty?

:-)

Janet.

Drakanthus

Mar 22, 2002, 1:00:13 PM3/22/02
> > >Does anyone know any gardening jokes?
> >

> What did the slug say to the snail?
>
> >Scroll down for punch line
> >

> Big issue, guv?
>

> pk

Tee Hee! Appeals to my sense of humour!
Drak

JimPaterson

Mar 22, 2002, 3:14:28 PM3/22/02

"Drakanthus" <Draka...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> [...]

Well its not strictly gardening but seeing as we had all the CAT thread
earlier, how about this?

How to wash a cat:

1. Thoroughly clean the loo (not essential but probably a good
idea)
2. Add the required amount of shampoo to the loo water and have both lids up
3. Obtain the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards the bathroom
4. In one swift movement, put the cat in the bowl and close both
lids (you may need to stand on the lid so he cannot escape).
Caution: do not get any part of your body too close to the edge, as his paws
will be reaching for any purchase they can find. The cat will self-agitate
and make ample suds.
Never mind the noises that come from the toilet, the cat is actually
enjoying this).
5. Flush the toilet three or four times. This provides a "power
wash" and "rinse" which I have found quite effective.
6. Have someone open the door to the outside and ensure that there are no
people between the loo and the outside door.
7.Stand behind the loo as far as you can and quickly open both
lids.
8.The cat will now rocket out of the toilet and run out to the garden to dry
himself.

Sincerely,

The Dog.

Drakanthus

Mar 22, 2002, 5:31:40 PM3/22/02
While not strictly gardening, but on the animal joke thread -
Why did the hedgehog cross the road?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
To see his flat mate.

Mike

Mar 23, 2002, 2:53:24 AM3/23/02
In article <fjOm8.4227$k61.9...@news6-win.server.ntlworld.com>,
Drakanthus <Draka...@hotmail.com> writes

>While not strictly gardening, but on the animal joke thread -
>Why did the hedgehog cross the road?
>.
>.
>To see his flat mate.
>--

and whilst on an 'off gardening' joke, there is the one about the two
parrots sitting on a perch and one turned to the other and said 'do you
smell something fishy?'

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Michael 'Mike' Crowe
National Service (RAF) Association.
National Service (Royal Navy) Association.
National Service (Army) Association.

DCL

Mar 23, 2002, 6:12:50 AM3/23/02
dear. dear. me. they are getting worse.
LOL

"Mike" <rum...@rumtub.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

JennyC

Mar 23, 2002, 6:34:12 AM3/23/02
> > Drakanthus <Draka...@hotmail.com> writes
> > >While not strictly gardening, but on the animal joke thread -

"DCL" <D...@ntlworld.com> wrote > dear. dear. me. they are getting
worse.

Why do potatoes make good detectives?
Because they keep their eyes peeled.

A farmer purchased an old, run-down, abandoned farm with plans to turn
it into a thriving enterprise. The fields
were grown over with weeds, the farmhouse was falling apart, and the
fences were broken down. During his first
day of work, the town preacher stops by to bless the man's work,
saying, "May you and God work together to make
this the farm of your dreams!" A few months later, the preacher
stops by again to call on the farmer. Lo and behold,
it's a completely different place. The farm house is completely
rebuilt and in excellent condition, there is plenty
of cattle and other livestock happily munching on feed in well-fenced
pens, and the fields are filled with crops planted
in neat rows. "Amazing!" the preacher says. "Look what God and you
have accomplished together!"
"Yes, reverend," says the farmer, "but remember what the farm was like
when God was working it alone!"

God made rainy days, so gardeners could get the housework done.

All from : http://www.gardendigest.com/humor.htm

Enjoy :~)
Jenny

JimPaterson

Mar 23, 2002, 12:35:58 PM3/23/02

"JennyC" <Jen...@chello.nl> wrote in message

> > > Drakanthus <Draka...@hotmail.com> writes
>
> "DCL" <D...@ntlworld.com> wrote > dear. dear. me. they are getting
> worse.
Well here is an even worse one I heard today:

The duke was hunting in the forest with his men-at-arms and servants when he
came across a tree. Upon it, archery targets were painted and smack in the
middle of each was an arrow.

"Who is this incredibly fine archer?" cried the duke. "I must find him!"

After continuing through the forest for a few miles he came across a small
boy carrying a bow and arrow. Eventually the boy admitted that it was he
who shot the arrows plumb in the center of all the targets.

"You didn't just walk up to the targets and hammer the arrows into the
middle, did you?" asked the duke worriedly.

"No my lord. I shot them from a hundred paces. I swear it by all that I hold
holy."

"That is truly astonishing," said the duke. "I hereby admit you into my
service."
The boy thanked him profusely.

"But I must ask one favor in return," the duke continued.
"You must tell me how you came to be such an outstanding shot."

"Well," said the boy, "first I fire the arrow at the tree...
...and then I paint the target around it."

DCL

Mar 23, 2002, 2:52:01 PM3/23/02
try this for size.
it might remind you of someone.!

A man in a hot air balloon realised he was lost. He reduced altitude
and spotted a woman below. He descended a bit more and shouted
"Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an
hour ago but I don't know where I am". The woman below replied "You
are in a hot air balloon hovering approximately 30 feet above the
ground. You are between 40 and 41 degrees north latitude and between
59 and 60 degrees west longitude. "You must be an engineer" said the
balloonist. "I am" replied the woman, "How did you know?"
"Well," answered the balloonist, "everything you told me is
technically correct, but I still have no idea what to make of your
information, and the fact is I am still lost. Frankly, you've not been
much help so far."
The woman below responded "You must be in management"
"I am," replied the balloonist "but how did you know?"
"Well," said the woman, "you don't know where you are or where you are
going. You have risen to where you are, due to a large quantity of hot
air. You made a promise which you have no idea how to keep, and you
expect people beneath you to solve your problems. The fact is you are
in exactly the same position you were in before we met, but now,
somehow, it's my fault."

AGEM1960

Mar 23, 2002, 5:20:40 PM3/23/02
An English professor wrote the words "a woman without her man is nothing" on
the blackboard and directed the students to punctuate it correctly.

The men wrote: "A woman, without her man, is nothing."

The women wrote: " A woman: without her, man is nothing."

Stuart Baldwin

Mar 23, 2002, 8:50:40 PM3/23/02

I'd take more water with your gin if I were you...
--
Stuart Baldwin

DCL

Mar 24, 2002, 4:43:18 AM3/24/02
At a recent computer expo (COMDEX), Bill Gates reportedly compared the
computer industry with the auto industry and stated, "If G.M. had kept up
with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving
twenty-five dollar cars that got one-thousand miles to the gallon." In
response to Bill's comments, General Motors issued a press release stating,

"If G.M. had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving
cars with the following characteristics:

For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash twice a day.

Every time they repainted the lines on the road you would have to buy a new
car.

Occasionally, your car would die on the freeway for no reason, and you would
just accept this, restart, and drive on.

Occasionally, executing a manner such as a left turn, would cause your car
to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to
reinstall the engine.

Only one person at a time could use the car, unless you bought "Car95" or
"CarNT," but then you would have to buy more seats.

Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, reliable, five times
as fast, and twice as easy to drive, but would only run on five per cent of
the roads.

The oil, water temperature, and alternator warning lights would be replaced
by a single "general car default" warning light.

New seats would force everyone to have the same size butt.

The airbag system would say "Are you sure?" before going off.

Occasionally for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and
refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned
the key, and grabbed hold of the radio antenna.

G.M. would require all car buyers to also purchase a deluxe set of Rand
McNally road maps (now a G.M. subsidiary), even though they neither need
them nor want them. Attempting to delete this option would immediately cause
the car's performance to diminish by fifty percent or more. Moreover, every
time G.M. introduced a new model, car buyers would have to learn how to
drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same
manner as the old car.

You'd press the "start" button to shut off the engine.

Drakanthus

Mar 24, 2002, 4:51:16 AM3/24/02
At the battle of Hastings, one of King Harrolds commanders was surveying the
enemy lines.
He turned to King Harrold and said "They seem to have lots of archers - keep
an eye out for them."

Sue Wood

Mar 24, 2002, 12:36:11 PM3/24/02
Like the jokes. No wonder I am not getting any replies....we're all too busy
reading them!

Sue

"DCL" <D...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

JimPaterson

Mar 24, 2002, 12:41:01 PM3/24/02
TOMMY COOPER AT HIS BEST

> > Two Aerials meet on a roof - fell in love - got married.
> > The ceremony was rubbish but the Reception was Brilliant.
> > Man goes to the doc, with a strawberry growing out of his head.
> > Doc says "I'll give you some cream to put on it."
> > "Doc, I can't stop singing the green green grass of home."
> > "That sounds like Tom Jones syndrome."
> > "Is it common?"
> > "It's not unusual."
> > A guy walks into the psychiatrist wearing only clingfilm for shorts.
> > The shrink says, "Well, I can clearly see you're nuts."
> > A man takes his Rottweiler to the vet.
> > "My dog's cross-eyed, is there anything you can do for him? "
> > "Well," says the vet, "let's have a look at him" So he picks the dog up
and examines his eyes, then checks his teeth. Finally, he says "I"m going
to have to put him down."
> > What? Because he's cross-eyed?"
> > "No. Because he's really heavy"
> > Guy goes into the doctor's.
> > "Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
> > "How's that?"
> > "Don't you start"
> > "Doctor, I can't pronounce my F's, T's and H's."
> > "Well you can't say fairer than that then"
> > Two elephants walk off a cliff...... boom boom!
> > What's brown and sounds like a bell?
> > DUNG
> > What do you call a fish with no eyes?
> > A fsh.
> > So I went to the dentist.
> > He said "Say Aaaaah."
> > I said "Why?"
> > He said "My dog's died."

> > So I got home, and the phone was ringing. I picked it up, and said"Who's
speaking please?" And a voice said "You are."
> > So I rang up my local swimming baths.
> > I said "Is that the local swimming baths?"
> > He said "It depends where you're calling from."
> > So I rang up a local building firm,
> > I said "I want a skip outside my house."
> > He said "I'm not stopping you."
> > Apparently, 1 in 5 people in the world are Chinese. And there are 5
people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my
dad. Or my older brother Colin. Or my younger brother Ho-Cha-Chu.
But I think it's Colin.
> > So I was in my car, and I was driving along, and my boss rang up, and he
said "You've been promoted." And I swerved. And then he rang up a second
time and said "You've been promoted again." And I swerved again. He rang up
a third time
and said "You're managing director." And I went into a tree.
And a policeman came up and said "What happened to you?"
And I said "I careered off the road.
> > Now, most dentist's chairs go up and down, don't they? The one I was in
went back and forwards. I thought "This is unusual". And the dentist said to
me
"Mr Cooper, get out of the filing cabinet."
> > So I was getting into my car, and this bloke says to me "Can you give me
a lift?"
I said "Sure, you look great, the world's your oyster, go for it."
> > Two fat blokes in a pub, one says to the other "your round."
> > The other one says "so are you, you fat g*t!!"
> > Two cannibals eating a clown.
> > One says to the other "Does this taste funny to you?"
Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the
other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off.
> > "You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving today.
They left a little note on the windscreen, it said "Parking Fine."
So that was nice."
A man walked into the doctors, The doctor said " I haven't seen you in a
long time " The man replied "I know I've been ill"
> > A man walked into the doctors, he said "I've hurt my arm in several
places"
The doctor said "well don't go there any more"
I ate a ploughman's lunch the other day. He wasn't very happy.
> > My dog was barking at everyone the other day.
> > Still, what can you expect from a cross-breed.
I was driving down the motorway with my bird the other day when we both got
a bit frisky and decided to do something about it. So we decided we'd take
the next exit, but it was a proper turn-off.
I went to buy some camouflage trousers the other day but I couldn't find
any.

Sorry, but I love TC, Jim

Drakanthus

Mar 24, 2002, 2:03:45 PM3/24/02
What do you call a fly after you've pulled all its legs off?

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
A walk.

Drakanthus

Mar 24, 2002, 2:05:14 PM3/24/02
When is the best time to get a dentist appointment?

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
toothurty.

Drakanthus

Mar 24, 2002, 2:11:34 PM3/24/02
Oops - that should have read "after you've pulled its wings off!"

Roy Bailey

Mar 25, 2002, 2:42:38 AM3/25/02
If it's jokes you want, my daughter was e-mailed this one at work the other day:

Voice Mail at the Mental Hospital...

"Hello, and welcome to the mental health hotline ...

If you are obsessive-compulsive, press 1 repeatedly.

If you are co-dependent, please ask someone to press 2 for you.

If you have multiple personalities, press 3, 4, 5 and 6.

If you are paranoid, we know who you are and what you want. Stay on the
line so we can trace your call.

If you are delusional, press 7 and your call will be transferred to the
mother ship.

If you are schizophrenic, listen carefully and a small voice will tell
you which number to press.

If you are a manic-depressive, it doesn't matter which number you press,
no one will answer.

If you are dyslexic, press 9696969696969696.

If you have a nervous disorder, please fidget with the star key until a
representative comes on the line.

If you have amnesia, press 8 and state your name, address, telephone
number, date of birth, Social Security number and your mother's maiden
name.

If you have post-traumatic stress disorder, s-l-o-w-l-y and
c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y press 0 0 0.

If you have bi-polar disorder, please leave a message after the beep, or
before the beep, or after the beep. Please wait for the beep.

If you have short-term memory loss, press 9.

If you have short-term memory loss, press 9.

If you have short-term memory loss, press 9.

If you have short-term memory loss, press 9.

If you have low self-esteem, please hang up. All our operators are too
busy to deal with the likes of you."

--
Roy Bailey
West Berkshire.

Mike

Mar 25, 2002, 4:02:33 AM3/25/02
In article <PFfIWBAuTtn8EwB$@westberks.demon.co.uk>, Roy Bailey
<ne...@westberks.demon.co.uk> writes

>If it's jokes you want, my daughter was e-mailed this one at work the other day:
>

> Voice Mail at the Mental Hospital...
>
> "Hello, and welcome to the mental health hotline ...

I hope that those who found this funny never have themselves or any of
their family or friends in a Mental Health situation.

A 'joke' in very poor taste at someone else's expense who is less
fortunate than themselves.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Judith Lea

Mar 25, 2002, 4:48:58 AM3/25/02
In article <KVJm8.8774$eG.6...@news2-win.server.ntlworld.com>,
Drakanthus <Draka...@hotmail.com> writes

>For the heap to catch fire that must have been high octane pee! Had you been
>on the scotch? ;-)

No, just a glass or two of Burgundy -
--
Judith Lea

Judith Lea

Mar 25, 2002, 4:47:51 AM3/25/02
In article <200203221...@zetnet.co.uk>, Janet Baraclough
<janet.a...@zetnet.co.uk> writes

> You haven't mentioned that before, Judith...how did that happen,
>and what did you wear for fire duty?

It was about a year ago, what a mess, the pee went ALL over, and I mean
everywhere.

I had on my famous gold mules but I was very brave and ran towards the
inferno; after seeing that the surrounding wood of the heap was on fire
and the plum tree above, I discreetly withdrew, tiptoeing gently over
the small mole heaps, and giving a heavy leap onto the larger ones (in
order to stun the mole, you know). When I reached the safety of the
house, I opened my Dior rimmed lips (Autumnal Spice) and yelled "Edward
get your ass out here, my heap's on fire".

Said husband thought I was having a funny turn and said "Bumble Darling,
you will have to wait a minute as I'm on line" to which I screamed
"Fire, Fire, FIRE" That did the trick. Actually he was quite shocked
when he saw this wasn't a mere little flame but an enormous inferno, he
said he had heard of this before but never seen it. My secret on how to
make hot heaps? - lots of pee - female naturally with a hint of eau de
hormone.

--
Judith Lea

Kay Easton

Mar 25, 2002, 5:01:08 AM3/25/02
In article <soqt9u0umh85ces8k...@4ax.com>, Sacha
<sa...@nospamgarden506.fsnet.co.uk> writes
>On Mon, 25 Mar 2002 09:02:33 +0000, Mike <rum...@rumtub.demon.co.uk>
>wrote:

>>A 'joke' in very poor taste at someone else's expense who is less
>>fortunate than themselves.
>
>You have been known to make the odd un-politically correct joke
>yourself!

And some which were not just non politically correct but downright
tasteless and offensive.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
http://www.scarboro.demon.co.uk/garden/

Mar 25, 2002, 5:44:16 AM3/25/02
"Roy Bailey" <ne...@westberks.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
: If it's jokes you want, my daughter was e-mailed this one at work the

Seen it before, but loved it as much this time as before. Also passed it on
to friends who work in that sector.

Mar 25, 2002, 5:57:42 AM3/25/02
: In article <PFfIWBAuTtn8EwB$@westberks.demon.co.uk>, Roy Bailey

: <ne...@westberks.demon.co.uk> writes
: >If it's jokes you want, my daughter was e-mailed this one at work the
other day:
: >
: >
:
: A 'joke' in very poor taste at someone else's expense who is less
: fortunate than themselves.
:
:
:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^
: Michael 'Mike' Crowe

: National Service (RAF) Association.
: National Service (Royal Navy) Association.
: National Service (Army) Association.

I have family and friends who have been 'in a Mental Health situation'.
They would be and have been the first to laugh at this. If you can't learn
to laught at yourself, you will have more problems. I do voluntary work at
a mental health day centre and everyone there thought it was a hoot.

:

Drakanthus

Mar 25, 2002, 7:02:31 AM3/25/02
"Mike" <rum...@rumtub.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> In article <PFfIWBAuTtn8EwB$@westberks.demon.co.uk>, Roy Bailey
> <ne...@westberks.demon.co.uk> writes
> >If it's jokes you want, my daughter was e-mailed this one at work the
other day:

> > Voice Mail at the Mental Hospital...
> >
> > "Hello, and welcome to the mental health hotline ...
> >
> I hope that those who found this funny never have themselves or any of
> their family or friends in a Mental Health situation.
>
> A 'joke' in very poor taste at someone else's expense who is less
> fortunate than themselves.

Speaking as someone who has a close relative who is schitsophrenic, I found
this joke quite funny - and I am sure so will he when I forward it to him!
There is nothing worse than politically correct people who take great care
not to say the wrong thing and who are overly polite - they are so
irritating to the people they are trying to be 'nice' to. Better by far to
treat people with handicaps or other problems like the ordinary human beings
they are.

Mar 25, 2002, 8:14:48 AM3/25/02
: "Mike" <rum...@rumtub.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
:
Hear, hear. In my opinion the same applies to 'racial' jokes as long as
they don't get to sick etc.

Roy Bailey

Mar 25, 2002, 8:14:39 AM3/25/02
In article <ThoWMDAp...@rumtub.demon.co.uk>, Mike
<rum...@rumtub.demon.co.uk> writes

>In article <PFfIWBAuTtn8EwB$@westberks.demon.co.uk>, Roy Bailey
><ne...@westberks.demon.co.uk> writes
>>If it's jokes you want, my daughter was e-mailed this one at work the other
>day:
>>

>> Voice Mail at the Mental Hospital...
>>
>> "Hello, and welcome to the mental health hotline ...
>>
>I hope that those who found this funny never have themselves or any of
>their family or friends in a Mental Health situation.
>
>A 'joke' in very poor taste at someone else's expense who is less
>fortunate than themselves.

Yes I thought someone would come up with that response, and having seen
your postings on other newsgroups, I'm not surprised its you.

Drakanthus

Mar 25, 2002, 9:08:00 AM3/25/02
> : "Mike" <rum...@rumtub.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

I quite agree. In many respects the politically correct attitude of some
people (and politicians) is so patronising to those it aims to protect that
it is verging on being racist, ageist, sexist (all the 'ists) anyway! People
are people, they may have different coloured skins, religions, cultures and
abilities but we should not be frightened of finding the humour in some of
those differences provided the humour is not used as a weapon. At college
years ago, my best friend was a Jamaican - I am white and he was jet black -
and we frequently used to make racial / cultural jokes towards each other in
good humour.
Drak.

Mike

Mar 25, 2002, 11:09:22 AM3/25/02
In article <3hCsIZJk...@scarboro.demon.co.uk>, Kay Easton
<k...@scarboro.demon.co.uk> writes

>And some which were not just non politically correct but downright
>tasteless and offensive.

Perhaps you would be good enough to email me an example of "some" of the
'tasteless and offensive' jokes I have posted on this newsgroup, or any
other newsgroup you may wish to scour.

Mike

Mar 25, 2002, 11:22:25 AM3/25/02
In article <cpFn8.969$_y4.2...@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk>, K
<Di...@uncleKen.net> writes
do you mean too sick?

Mike

Mar 25, 2002, 11:12:51 AM3/25/02
In article <GoDn8.260$_y4....@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk>, K
<Di...@uncleKen.net> writes

>I have family and friends who have been 'in a Mental Health situation'.
>They would be and have been the first to laugh at this. If you can't learn
>to laught at yourself, you will have more problems. I do voluntary work at
>a mental health day centre and everyone there thought it was a hoot.

In front of them so they can reply yes, I quite agree. I held the
newsagents door open for an elderly gentleman who had just parked his
scooter outside, and as we walked down to the counter I told him to
'Hurry up' he was forming a queue. He saw the 'funny' side of it and we
had a laugh. I did not make a joke at his expense behind his back.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Mike

Mar 25, 2002, 11:19:22 AM3/25/02
In article <gnEn8.19993$Dr3.2...@news6-win.server.ntlworld.com>,
Drakanthus <Draka...@hotmail.com> writes

>Speaking as someone who has a close relative who is schitsophrenic, I found
>this joke quite funny - and I am sure so will he when I forward it to him!

So you are not having a laugh 'at him' behind his back and yes he will
see the funny side of it 'if' he is capable to.

>There is nothing worse than politically correct people who take great care
>not to say the wrong thing and who are overly polite - they are so
>irritating to the people they are trying to be 'nice' to. Better by far to
>treat people with handicaps or other problems like the ordinary human beings
>they are.

I deal with a lot of disabled people when they come to reunions. I had
one on the telephone this morning who will be at a big one in August. 'I
am disabled and will not be able to walk too far or climb steps'. I am
taking charge of the Dining Arrangements and can sit her at a table
which is suitable for her condition. Her room will also be suitably
placed.

A friend of mine, actually he was my boss in the 60's, is also coming to
another reunion I am planning. 'Cannot climb stairs now Mike, put me in
a room near the lift'

So don't knock me for being 'PC'. What I say, is don't have a laugh at
those who are less fortunate than yourself, IF THEY ARE NOT IN A
POSITION TO SHARE YOUR JOKE.

Mike

Mar 25, 2002, 11:25:01 AM3/25/02
In article <7eGn8.20588$Dr3.2...@news6-win.server.ntlworld.com>,
Drakanthus <Draka...@hotmail.com> writes

>At college
>years ago, my best friend was a Jamaican - I am white and he was jet black -
>and we frequently used to make racial / cultural jokes towards each other in
>good humour.
>Drak.

there. together.

so you could bounce off each other, but did you make any form of
'colour' joke behind their back which could be 'thought of' bad taste
without the person being there?

I hope not.

Mike

Mar 25, 2002, 11:21:27 AM3/25/02
In article <eKL8VgA$Kyn8...@westberks.demon.co.uk>, Roy Bailey
<ne...@westberks.demon.co.uk> writes

>>A 'joke' in very poor taste at someone else's expense who is less
>>fortunate than themselves.
>>
>Yes I thought someone would come up with that response, and having seen
>your postings on other newsgroups, I'm not surprised its you.

An example of any connection with other postings I have made please.
With your background of telling what people can do or cannot do with
their property, I am rather surprised that comments like mine did not
come from you.

Sharon Curtis

Mar 25, 2002, 11:40:33 AM3/25/02
In article <2Lw$GNAK40...@rumtub.demon.co.uk>,

Mike <rum...@rumtub.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>In article <gnEn8.19993$Dr3.2...@news6-win.server.ntlworld.com>,
>Drakanthus <Draka...@hotmail.com> writes
>>
>>Speaking as someone who has a close relative who is schitsophrenic, I found
>>this joke quite funny - and I am sure so will he when I forward it to him!

I can appreciate non-PC jokes if they are in some way creative, and
genuinely using some wit. "Jokes" where the sole purpose of a joke being
to laugh at someone just because they have that particular distinguishing
feature of skin colour, disability, or whatever, are not funny at all.

>So don't knock me for being 'PC'. What I say, is don't have a laugh at
>those who are less fortunate than yourself, IF THEY ARE NOT IN A
>POSITION TO SHARE YOUR JOKE.

I really can't think of many places which are more public than this.
I'm sure lots of varied people read this group, including some with
mental health problems.

Sharon
--
s.cu...@cs.stir.ac.uk
www.cs.stir.ac.uk/~scu/

DCL

Mar 25, 2002, 12:16:17 PM3/25/02
Hope you feel better after all the posts Mike.
it won't change anything or anyone's opinion's though.
opinions are personal & NO ONE has the right to ram it down anyone else's
throat's!

"if you don't like it leave the room."

& correcting someone's spelling is getting a little OTT.

Regards
Andy

:-))

"Mike" <rum...@rumtub.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

Jim Scott

Mar 25, 2002, 12:40:41 PM3/25/02
"DCL" <D...@ntlworld.com> wrote in

> Hope you feel better after all the posts Mike.
> it won't change anything or anyone's opinion's though.
> opinions are personal & NO ONE has the right to ram it down anyone
> else's throat's!
>
> "if you don't like it leave the room."
>
> & correcting someone's spelling is getting a little OTT.
>
> Regards
> Andy
>
>:-))
>

>> Michael 'Mike' Crowe
>> National Service (RAF) Association.
>> National Service (Royal Navy) Association.
>> National Service (Army) Association.

Did you hear the one about the chap who was compelled to do National Service
then joined every club he could so he could list them after his name.
--
Jim BSc (Bombay) (failed)

Tyneside - England
To e-mail me direct:
miss out the big X from my reply address above.

Mar 25, 2002, 12:49:40 PM3/25/02
"Sharon Curtis" <s...@peseta.cs.stir.ac.uk> wrote in message
: In article <2Lw$GNAK40...@rumtub.demon.co.uk>,

I think you're right, Sharon. The latest statistics say that 1 in 4 of us
will have mental health problems at some time during our lives.

Mar 25, 2002, 12:53:16 PM3/25/02
"DCL" <D...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
: Hope you feel better after all the posts Mike.

: it won't change anything or anyone's opinion's though.
: opinions are personal & NO ONE has the right to ram it down anyone else's
: throat's!
:
: "if you don't like it leave the room."
:
: & correcting someone's spelling is getting a little OTT.
:
: Regards
: Andy
:
: :-))
:
Thanks, Andy. I do know when to use 'to' or 'too', this was just a mistype
as I friend probably realises, but when everyone is against you, you have to
nitpick it would appear.

: "Mike" <rum...@rumtub.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

: >
:
:

Mar 25, 2002, 12:56:00 PM3/25/02

www.kencolyertrust.org

: In article <cpFn8.969$_y4.2...@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk>, K

: >
Se my reply to Andy.

Mar 25, 2002, 12:57:25 PM3/25/02
"Jim Scott" <jimX...@pgen.net> wrote in message
: "DCL" <D...@ntlworld.com> wrote in

No, I hadn't heard that one before, but it's one of the best yet IMHO.

Mike

Mar 25, 2002, 1:17:11 PM3/25/02
In article <Xns91DCB3D3F...@194.176.194.163>, Jim Scott
<jimX...@pgen.net> writes

>Did you hear the one about the chap who was compelled to do National Service
>then joined every club he could so he could list them after his name.

No, are you going to tell it to us?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Mar 25, 2002, 2:07:09 PM3/25/02
"Sacha" <sa...@nospamgarden506.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
: On Mon, 25 Mar 2002 17:57:25 GMT, "K" <Di...@uncleKen.net> wrote:
:
: >"Jim Scott" <jimX...@pgen.net> wrote in message
: >
:
: No, it's not. It's seriously bitchy and unpleasant.
: I do not agree with Mike's reaction to the joke posted but neither do
: I agree with you poking fun at someone who served in the forces and is
: proud to have done so. Now *you're* offside, IMO.
: --
: Sacha
: (remove spamtrap)

I'm not poking fun at someone who served in the forces - my dh did, but he
doesn't feel the need to advertise the fact on ngs that have nothing
whatsoever to do with it. Why do you consider my post to be anymore
seriously bitchy and unpleasant than others that appear on the group from
time to time? I take great exception to your phraseology.

Mike

Mar 25, 2002, 2:52:50 PM3/25/02
In article <ozKn8.1546$yK4....@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk>, K
<Di...@uncleKen.net> writes

>I'm not poking fun at someone who served in the forces - my dh did, but he
>doesn't feel the need to advertise the fact on ngs that have nothing
>whatsoever to do with it.

AH!! Someone else not aware of the camaraderie found in the Forces. Yet
another reason why National Service should be brought back.

:-))

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Mar 25, 2002, 5:17:10 PM3/25/02
[...]

I'm aware that lot's of people found it a complete waste of time, a
disruption to the start of a career, and a place where little Hilter
non-commisioned officers excelled with their bullying tactics. Many, many
people couldn't wait to get out and get back to a normal way of life. Many,
many people can find camaraderie without being institutionalised.

Mar 25, 2002, 5:27:51 PM3/25/02

www.kencolyertrust.org

"Mike" <rum...@rumtub.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

: In article <ozKn8.1546$yK4....@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk>, K

: <Di...@uncleKen.net> writes
:
: >I'm not poking fun at someone who served in the forces - my dh did, but
he
: >doesn't feel the need to advertise the fact on ngs that have nothing
: >whatsoever to do with it.
:
: AH!! Someone else not aware of the camaraderie found in the Forces. Yet
: another reason why National Service should be brought back.

Oh, I forgot to ask, what's the other reason?
:
: :-))
:
:
:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^
: Michael 'Mike' Crowe

:

Mike

Mar 25, 2002, 5:28:53 PM3/25/02
In article <DlNn8.882$x%4.6...@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk>, K
<Di...@uncleKen.net> writes
And your own 'personal' experience? Or only what you have heard people
say?

You are cordially invited to any of the reunions I organise and get the
real message from the 'horse's mouth'

Yes at the time it was an inconvenience, but on looking back and seeing
what was gained from it, I still say bring it back.

And don't throw that 'institutionalised' humbug up again. NO National
Serviceman was in long enough.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Warwick

Mar 25, 2002, 6:57:13 PM3/25/02
In article <Jtpn8.12055$Dr3.1...@news6-win.server.ntlworld.com>,
Draka...@hotmail.com says...
> What do you call a fly after you've pulled all its legs off?
> A walk.

OK I'll assume that the day's tablets haven't kicked in.

Read your 'joke'.. engage your brain.

Ask yourself how a fly with no legs walks.

Realise your screwed up the joke.

OBgardening: Weather is clearing up at last so we put all the half hardy
and treat with care stuff out. Then we saw the weather forecast for the
week. Hauling back in will happen tomorrow.

Warwick

Mike

Mar 26, 2002, 1:38:46 PM3/26/02
In article <FvNn8.963$x%4.6...@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk>, K
<Di...@uncleKen.net> writes

>--

>:
>: AH!! Someone else not aware of the camaraderie found in the Forces. Yet
>: another reason why National Service should be brought back.
>
>Oh, I forgot to ask, what's the other reason?
>:

Let me correct you dear. 'What are the 'other' reasons?

Very much OFF TOPIC so I will compile a list and email you. But I say
again, you are very much welcome to come to one of our reunions and see
just how wrong you are, but you would 'never' admit to that would you?

:-))

Mike
.
.
.
.
.
.

who always seems to be right.

:-))

But then he does have FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE and doesn't listen to the
rumour mongerers

:-))

Next Please (If you are not ex Service.... don't bother).

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

DCL

Mar 26, 2002, 1:53:24 PM3/26/02
hey Mike.
do have to work hard at being a total pratt?
or does it just come natural?

:-))

& for the last time!
other peoples opinions matter to them just as your opinions matter to you!

if you were not so opinionated you would find that people would tolerate you
more.

"Mike" <rum...@rumtub.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

Mike

Mar 26, 2002, 2:06:34 PM3/26/02
In article <Ms3o8.2100$0U4.8...@news2-win.server.ntlworld.com>, DCL
<D...@ntlworld.com> writes

>hey Mike.
>do have to work hard at being a total pratt?
>or does it just come natural?
>
>:-))
>
>& for the last time!
>other peoples opinions matter to them just as your opinions matter to you!
>
>if you were not so opinionated you would find that people would tolerate you
>more.

Do you know it is bad netiquette to top post?

You should do the reply UNDER the statement you are replying to, just as
I have.

You don't mind being told do you?;-)

Have a nice day :-))

Mike
ever pleasant :-))
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Mar 26, 2002, 7:24:38 PM3/26/02
"Mike" <rum...@rumtub.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
: In article <FvNn8.963$x%4.6...@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk>, K
: <Di...@uncleKen.net> writes
: >
: >: AH!! Someone else not aware of the camaraderie found in the Forces. Yet

: >: another reason why National Service should be brought back.
: >
: >Oh, I forgot to ask, what's the other reason?
: >:
:
: Let me correct you dear. 'What are the 'other' reasons?

I am NOT your dear. Don't patronise me.
:
: Very much OFF TOPIC so I will compile a list and email you. But I say

: again, you are very much welcome to come to one of our reunions and see
: just how wrong you are, but you would 'never' admit to that would you?

On the contrary I am always happy to admit that I am wrong. In this
instance there is not right or wrong. It is an opinion and I am entitled
to it. There is nothing to prove. I am afraid I will have to decline your
kind invitation. Reunions of any kind are not really my cup of tea - I
don't live in the past.
: :-))
:
: Mike
: who always seems to be right.

In HIS opinion.
: :-))

:
: But then he does have FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE and doesn't listen to the
: rumour mongerers
:

HE doesn't like to listen to anybody that doesn't share his views.
: :-))

:
: Next Please (If you are not ex Service.... don't bother).

Why bother to put the signature in a gardening group then? Actually I can
answer that myself - you are always touting for business.
:
:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^
: Michael 'Mike' Crowe

:

Mar 26, 2002, 7:25:55 PM3/26/02
: hey Mike.

: do have to work hard at being a total pratt?
: or does it just come natural?
:
: :-))
:
: & for the last time!
: other peoples opinions matter to them just as your opinions matter to
you!
:
: if you were not so opinionated you would find that people would tolerate
you
: more.
:
My sentiments entirely

: "Mike" <rum...@rumtub.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

: >
:
:

Mar 26, 2002, 7:28:25 PM3/26/02
: In article <Ms3o8.2100$0U4.8...@news2-win.server.ntlworld.com>, DCL

: <D...@ntlworld.com> writes
: >hey Mike.
: >do have to work hard at being a total pratt?
: >or does it just come natural?
: >
: >:-))
: >
[...]

Has anyone ever told you - to your face that is - that you are pathetic?

DCL

Mar 26, 2002, 8:47:48 PM3/26/02
Sorry Mike but I'm doing it again :-o
& guess what! I don't give a rats.

it must be nice to believe you are ALWAYS correct.
LOL
& no I don't mind being told at all. :-))

>snip<

Mike

Mar 27, 2002, 1:41:26 AM3/27/02
In article <Im8o8.10603$x%4.54...@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk>, K
<Di...@uncleKen.net> writes

>:
>Has anyone ever told you - to your face that is - that you are pathetic?

Quite the contrary :-))

I really do think you should come to one of the reunions.

Meet me and see what a nice chap I am.

:-))

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Mike

Mar 27, 2002, 1:39:35 AM3/27/02
In article <7j8o8.10585$x%4.54...@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk>, K
<Di...@uncleKen.net> writes

>Why bother to put the signature in a gardening group then? Actually I can
>answer that myself - you are always touting for business.

Sweety, your wrong again. My sig is NOT a business. It is a hobby :-))

Not got much going for you have you?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Mike

Mar 27, 2002, 1:43:47 AM3/27/02
In article <4x9o8.357$pA6.1...@news6-win.server.ntlworld.com>, DCL
<D...@ntlworld.com> writes

>Sorry Mike but I'm doing it again :-o
>& guess what! I don't give a rats.
>
>it must be nice to believe you are ALWAYS correct.

I 'hate' those type of people.

>LOL
>& no I don't mind being told at all. :-))

So pleased. It quite amazes me how some people can 'never' admit to
being wrong. Rather like timekeeping, I hate people who say 9.0 o'clock
and turn up at 10.15

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Mike

Mar 27, 2002, 1:51:13 AM3/27/02
In article <r5kYKIAn...@rumtub.demon.co.uk>, Mike
<rum...@rumtub.demon.co.uk> writes

>Sweety, your wrong again. My sig is NOT a business. It is a hobby :-))

and me when I put the wrong 'you're' in.

As stated somewhere else, I do like to admit when 'I' am wrong, I hate
those who always, not just 'think', but 'believe' they are never wrong.

Sad lives they lead.

:-))

BAC

Mar 27, 2002, 3:41:45 AM3/27/02

> In article <Im8o8.10603$x%4.54...@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk>, K
> <Di...@uncleKen.net> writes
> >:
> >Has anyone ever told you - to your face that is - that you are pathetic?

> Quite the contrary :-))

What, not even one non-com, when you were a sprog?

Mike

Mar 27, 2002, 3:50:25 AM3/27/02
In article <lAfo8.10$tk5....@news.dircon.co.uk>, BAC
<cass...@dircon.co.uk> writes

>What, not even one non-com, when you were a sprog?

1958 RN P/M 977168

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Michael 'Mike' Crowe's hobby

JennyC

Mar 27, 2002, 5:13:08 AM3/27/02
Could you please take this to private email instead of using up
download time here in URG ??
Jenny

Mar 27, 2002, 10:41:01 AM3/27/02
: Could you please take this to private email instead of using up

: download time here in URG ??
: Jenny
:
Careful Jenny, you'll be reprimanded for top posting. I won't post again to
this thread, probably unlike a certain silly, sad, boring old man who
obviously only has comrades and not real friends and has never grown up.

: "Mike" <rum...@rumtub.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

: news:nZlbSUAh...@rumtub.demon.co.uk...
: > In article <r5kYKIAn...@rumtub.demon.co.uk>, Mike
: > <rum...@rumtub.demon.co.uk> writes
: > >
: > >Sweety, your wrong again. My sig is NOT a business. It is a hobby
: :-))

: >
:
:

ConnieD.

Mar 27, 2002, 11:10:59 AM3/27/02

"K" <Di...@uncleKen.net> wrote in message

> "JennyC" <Jen...@chello.nl> wrote in message
> : Could you please take this to private email instead of using up
> : download time here in URG ??
> : Jenny
> :
> Careful Jenny, you'll be reprimanded for top posting. I won't post again
> this thread, probably unlike a certain silly, sad, boring old man who
> obviously only has comrades and not real friends and has never grown up.

Silly sad boring old man? .... he has far more friends than you could wag a
sewing needle at Kay..... He grew up long before you could even spell it
dear, and has probably done more than you would ever aspire to if you manged
to reach his age. Mike. I for one enjoy your posts on the couple of
newsgroups we both subscribe to and THANK you for all you have helped me
with in the past and present. Regards ConnieD.......a fellow sad boring
oldie and proud of it too.

Mike

Mar 27, 2002, 12:48:22 PM3/27/02
In article <a7s60s$n98ud$1...@ID-91345.news.dfncis.de>, JennyC
<Jen...@chello.nl> writes

>Could you please take this to private email instead of using up
>download time here in URG ??
>Jenny

Jenny my love, do you know how to kill file posts you do not wish to
read?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Michael 'Mike' Crowe's hobby are the

Mike

Mar 27, 2002, 2:06:44 PM3/27/02
In article <a7squi$npajc$1...@ID-89168.news.dfncis.de>, ConnieD.
<con...@fsnet.co.uk> writes

>Silly sad boring old man? .... he has far more friends than you could wag a
>sewing needle at Kay..... He grew up long before you could even spell it
>dear, and has probably done more than you would ever aspire to if you manged
>to reach his age. Mike. I for one enjoy your posts on the couple of
>newsgroups we both subscribe to and THANK you for all you have helped me
>with in the past and present. Regards ConnieD.......a fellow sad boring
>oldie and proud of it too.

Thanks Connie, but as I said before somewhere, those who have not lived
and experienced the camaraderie of Service life do not have a clue.
Again I say 'bring back National Service' so that these sad people can
see what 'real friends' are like and how you can trust them to the end.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Michael 'Mike' Crowe's hobby is

Sharon Curtis

Mar 27, 2002, 2:55:53 PM3/27/02
In article <bfk0DEAm...@rumtub.demon.co.uk>,

Mike <rum...@rumtub.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>In article <a7s60s$n98ud$1...@ID-91345.news.dfncis.de>, JennyC
><Jen...@chello.nl> writes
>>Could you please take this to private email instead of using up
>>download time here in URG ??
>>Jenny
>>
>Jenny my love,

Don't be patronizing, Mike.

> do you know how to kill file posts you do not wish to
>read?

No, nobody knows this. This is because you don't know whether you
want to read a post until you've already read it. The closest you
can get is to either killfile threads, or people. Even so, that isn't
a completely wonderful solution, because threads which are objectionable
in some areas can be good in others, and complete idiots can come out
with interesting posts sometime. Clairvoyance is unfortunately not
provided with the standard newsreader.

Sharon

--
s.cu...@cs.stir.ac.uk
www.cs.stir.ac.uk/~scu/

Janet Baraclough

Mar 27, 2002, 3:14:45 PM3/27/02
The message <a7squi$npajc$1...@ID-89168.news.dfncis.de>
from "ConnieD." <con...@fsnet.co.uk> contains these words:

> Silly sad boring old man? .... he has far more friends than you could wag a
> sewing needle at Kay.....

Not in this newsgroup, Connie. It may be you are unaware of the
reasons why..one of which was his habit of abusing the ng by touting
for a series of his unrelated financial interests, including a
commercial tour business arranging reunions.

A keen gardener in this group who was known for his good humour,
generosity and courtesy, became the object of a persistent, longterm,
unrelenting vendetta by Mike, not just here but across every
newsgroup to which that person posted. Virtually every post by the
person, became the target of Mike's sneers, ridicule and abusive
remarks. It was a sickening, disgusting display of Mike's true nature.

His boasts about charitable works and pious exhortations don't cut
any ice with people who remember his posting history. You can check
it for yourself in google's archives.

Janet.

Mike

Mar 27, 2002, 4:35:35 PM3/27/02
In article <200203272...@zetnet.co.uk>, Janet Baraclough
<janet.a...@zetnet.co.uk> writes

> Janet.

Janet, don't mince your words, don't hold back, say what you really
think!!!!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Michael 'Mike' Crowe's UNCOMMERCIAL hobby is

Mike

Mar 27, 2002, 4:39:19 PM3/27/02
In article <hMEKHAAn...@rumtub.demon.co.uk>, Mike
<rum...@rumtub.demon.co.uk> writes

>Michael 'Mike' Crowe's UNCOMMERCIAL hobby is

Did you see that bit Janet?

UNCOMMERCIAL

OK?

:-))

Take note ducky, UNCOMMERCIAL HOBBY

:-))

Rotten sod aren't I?

:-))

Why don't you kill file me?

:-))

Lieane

Mar 27, 2002, 7:26:25 PM3/27/02
Laugh ..camraderie of the service life ... yes well ... I knew someone who
was in the service ... alcoholic ..beat his wife and his children hid from
him ..that's when he made promises he never kept now that's what I call
camraderie... thanks but no thanks.
Oh I forgot I don't have a clue ... I never experienced the camraderie of
Service life ... think I'd rather drop dead!

Mike

Mar 28, 2002, 1:41:07 AM3/28/02
In article <Qqto8.22807$x%4.10...@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk>,
Lieane <Lie...@blueyonder-nospam.co.uk> writes

> I knew someone who

and that ONE person is your picture of ALL ex service people?

;-( sad

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Michael 'Mike' Crowe who mixes with some wonderful ex Service people

ConnieD.

Mar 28, 2002, 2:54:59 AM3/28/02

"Janet Baraclough" <janet.a...@zetnet.co.uk> wrote in message

Janet, I have used this group in the past, and lurked around for approx 4
years or so ( It seems that long anyway) I have known Mike a little longer
than that and he helped me when I was fighting officialdom over some war
graves that I successfully adopted when I lived in Holland. No charges were
made by him for any of the work he did and he is currently helping me in the
case of an ex-forces man who was murdered a few weeks ago close to my home,
so if he is boasting about his charitable work, I can attest to it
personally and thank him for the time he has spent helping me alone. As for
checking via Google, I have far more important things to do than go on a
witch hunt for anyone.
Regards ConnieD..

Lieane

Mar 28, 2002, 3:57:08 AM3/28/02
Strange that other ...'servce' people knew what was going on ... but never
lifted a finger .... what do you think!
He set the example and I haven't seen anything since to change my view.

"Mike" <rum...@rumtub.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

Janet Baraclough

Mar 28, 2002, 3:23:14 AM3/28/02
The message <8McNHGAHwjo8Ew$h...@rumtub.demon.co.uk>
from Mike <rum...@rumtub.demon.co.uk> contains these words:

> >Michael 'Mike' Crowe's UNCOMMERCIAL hobby is

Another of your business ventures gone bust? Not long ago you were
touting a website for your tour business, which claimed that you
organised reunions on a commercial basis...you were even trying to
persuade us that we needed your services to arrange urg meets.

> Rotten sod aren't I?

Please keep the tedious details of your offline activities to yourself.

>Why don't you kill file me?

No need; you're digging your own grave.

Janet.

Mike

Mar 28, 2002, 4:47:49 AM3/28/02
In article <200203280...@zetnet.co.uk>, Janet Baraclough
<janet.a...@zetnet.co.uk> writes

>The message <8McNHGAHwjo8Ew$h...@rumtub.demon.co.uk>
> from Mike <rum...@rumtub.demon.co.uk> contains these words:
>
>> >Michael 'Mike' Crowe's UNCOMMERCIAL hobby is
>
> Another of your business ventures gone bust?

Not 'MY' business 'venture', but a very successful company :-))

>Not long ago you were
>touting a website for your tour business, which claimed that you
>organised reunions on a commercial basis...you were even trying to
>persuade us that we needed your services to arrange urg meets.

I could again as well if you so desire :-))

>> Rotten sod aren't I?
>
> Please keep the tedious details of your offline activities to yourself.

Tedious to you maybe, but perhaps you are a 'loner' and do not wish the
camaraderie of others :-(( sad

>>Why don't you kill file me?
>
> No need; you're digging your own grave.

:-)) you think?

How does it feel to be wrong, yet again?

> Janet.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Michael 'Mike' Crowe's hobby is not appreciated by all, most though :-)))

Mike

Mar 28, 2002, 4:52:02 AM3/28/02
In article <CVAo8.25460$x%4.12...@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk>,
Lieane <Lie...@blueyonder-nospam.co.uk> writes

>Strange that other ...'servce' people knew what was going on ... but never
>lifted a finger .... what do you think!
>He set the example and I haven't seen anything since to change my view.

you too need to come to a reunion to see the different side :-))

But then I doubt if you would 'want' to. Your views are set.

I knew a man who had a deformed back. It was damaged by the Nurse when
he was delivered during an instrument birth. This nurse was black.

He HATED all Blacks and had nothing to do with them and could say
nothing good about them. Rather like you, he was tainted with one
case/experience and it lasted all his life because when I knew him in
the 1960's he was over retirement age, so you can see how long he had
harboured that hatred.

Sad eh?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Michael 'Mike' Crowe

Kostas Kavoussanakis

Mar 28, 2002, 10:04:33 AM3/28/02
On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, Mike wrote:

> Again I say 'bring back National Service'

No, don't! And before you say anything stupid, I am talking from
experience!

Kostas (ex Navy conscript).

Lieane

Mar 28, 2002, 3:01:06 PM3/28/02
The only views that is set is that I would view a 'date' with someone from
the services with considerable reserve, I would give someone reasonable
doubt.
For what it's worth I should own up and say that I was one of the children
hiding under the bed/duvet whilst I listened to what happened, they got
divorced in my early teens and I have only seen him once and not felt
comfortable at that ..and as for a one case experience ...well it certainly
lasted long enough - for the first 13 odd years of my life.
I don't tar everyone with the same brush otherwise I'd be so filled with
hatred that life would be one bitter moment from the next.
It was just what you were saying that got my back up a little that I felt
compelled to post a response.
And as for being sad .... well there are lots of things that are sad, but
it's the happy things in life that make it worthwhile.

"Mike" <rum...@rumtub.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

Mike

Mar 28, 2002, 3:28:08 PM3/28/02
In article <5EKo8.776$2q1....@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk>, Lieane
<Lie...@blueyonder-nospam.co.uk> writes

So glad you came back so soon, I have mailed you with a letter I
received today.

Mike
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

AGEM1960

Mar 29, 2002, 11:13:16 AM3/29/02

>I knew a man who had a deformed back. It was damaged by the Nurse when
>he was delivered during an instrument birth. This nurse was black.
>
>He HATED all Blacks and had nothing to do with them and could say
>nothing good about them. Rather like you, he was tainted with one
>case/experience and it lasted all his life because when I knew him in
>the 1960's he was over retirement age, so you can see how long he had
>harboured that hatred.

And what service was he in?

Mike

Mar 29, 2002, 11:24:22 AM3/29/02
In article <20020329111316...@mb-fq.aol.com>, AGEM1960
<agem...@aol.com> writes

>And what service was he in?

Civil Service. He was a retired Civil Servant who returned to be our
Clerical Officer in an office where I was working in 1967/8

(Incidentally, Liane and I have been corresponding by email on the
comments we both made.)