Fake Conference again. Fake Conference again. Fake Conference again. Fake Conference again.

Yogen

Jan 20, 2010, 4:28:59 AM1/20/10
The site: http://iaria-highsci.blogspot.com/ reveals again a new fake
conference (from IEEE)

Dr. Kumar says: "To have a fake conference is a shame for your CV,
but more shame is for the fake conference organizer"
From the Blog: http://evol-eco.blogspot.com/2009/11/beware-of-fake-conference.html
we have found:

I received the Proceedings of the fake conference of IEEE on Sensor
Networks, October 2009.
This volume of the Proceedings contains seven or ten fake papers. So,
this fake conference will be held again next year and many scholars
protest now.

To have a fake conference is a shame for your CV, but more shame is
for the fake conference organizer

Source: http://evol-eco.blogspot.com/2009/11/beware-of-fake-conference.html

More than 20 IEEE Conferences per year are absolutely crappy !
See:
http://crappyconferences.blogspot.com

The IEEE has accepted the problem of the fake papers in many fake IEEE
conferences
BOGUS CONFERENCES (IEEE Confess)
See this email from IEEE and publish it in your blog:

From: EButte...@computer.org
to: EButte...@computer.org
cc: ABur...@computer.org,
John Walz: <john...@ameritech.net>,
"Reisman, Sorel"
<srei...@calstate.edu>,ASti...@computer.org,TBal...@computer.org,r.ste...@ulster.ac.uk

date Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 4:03 AMsubject Confidential: Important CPS
Message Regarding Fraudulent Machine-Generated Paper Submissions

TO: CPS Clients FROM: Evan Butterfield, Director of Products and
Services RE: Fraudulent Machine-Generated Paper Submissions
(CONFIDENTIAL) DATE: 16 January 2009

The IEEE Computer Society (CS) has evidence that multiple conferences
are receiving machine-generated papers.

In two cases, conferences have actually accepted an obviously
fraudulent submission.

This is a serious issue that threatens the credibility of your
conference, the quality of the digital library, and the reputation of
both the IEEE and CS.

It requires your immediate attention.

Please take this opportunity to ensure that your peer review processes
are being followed, and adapt to any new requirements that may be
communicated by the IEEE or the Computer Society.

No conference published by CPS should rely on an abstract review.
It is very important that you review carefully the full text of all
papers submitted to your conference.
If you have already accepted papers, your program committee should
review the full text again. While CPS staff will be conducting random
spot-checks of conference papers in the publishing queue, we are
relying on you to authenticate the content of your proceedings.

Any papers that were not actually presented at your conference need to
be brought to our attention, and should receive close review.

In known cases, the machine-generated origin is obvious from a reading
of the first few paragraphs of the paper; the abstracts are human-
generated and do not indicate the quality of the paper itself.

In the past, papers have been submitted by “Herbert Schlangemann,” but
be mindful that the perpetrator of this fraud will change the approach
over time.

In the event you discover any evidence of questionable content or
behavior, please communicate that to us immediately along with an
action plan for addressing the problem.
Thank you for your help in maintaining the quality of our products.

Evan M. Butterfield
Director of Products & Services
IEEE Computer Society10662
Los Vaqueros Circle
Los Alamitos, CA 90720714.816.2165
ebutte...@computer.org
714.822.9005 mobile

A new site informs us about a recently tested IEEE/IFIP junk
conference

This is the new site:

http://low-quality-conference.blogspot.com/

Conclusion: One more junk IEEE/IFIP Conference
As Professor A.Z. told us:I sent a draft to the : Joint Working IEEE/
IFIP Conference on Software Architecture 2009 &European Conference on
Software Architecture 200914 – 17 September 2009in Cambridge, UK This
conference did not have any review processMy drafts was accepted
without any review.I have a problem now, because my junk draft is now
in the Proceedings of the IEEE/IFIP Conference on Software
Architecture 2009.Conclusion: One more junk IEEE/IFIP Conference

Conclusion: One more fake conference. One more junk IEEE/IFIP
Conference

Prof. PETRE DINI, the Creator and Owner of IARIA spams blogs
discrediting, defaming and accusing other conferences and journals!!!
See the 6th and the 7th comment in our blog

http://iaria-highsci.blogspot.com/2009/12/we-received-this-comment-from-shie-yuan.html

AMAZING!

Petre Dini said...

While browsing the net, I found two more fake journals in Computer
Science:

(1) Computer Science Journals
http://www.cscjournals.org/csc/home.php

(2) International Journal of Computer Science Issues (IJCSI)
(http://www.ijcsi.org/)

Petre Dini

Forward and publish it in your blogs with a reference to us
http://iaria-highsci.blogspot.com/2009/12/petre-dini-creator-and-owner-of-iaria.html

We received this comment from Shie-Yuan Wang, National Chiao Tung
University, Taiwan
I did attend the IEEE Bogus Conference on Sensor Networks 2009 in New
Zeland!

The tracks that I attended were of shameless quality.

The conference was also of a garbage eventI did attend more than 10
sessions and not all, but several papers, were absolutely the worst
junk that I have seen in my life

Shie-Yuan Wang,
National Chiao Tung University,
Taiwan.

Web Spamming by IEEE and other Academic Publishers

Posted by John Baez

A recent email from IEEE mentions a practice that’s been annoying me
lately: a particular form of ‘web spamming’ by academic publishers,
sometimes
called ‘cloaking’. The publishing company gives search engine crawlers
access to
full-text articles — but when you try to

read these articles, typically clicking on a link to a PDF file, you
get a
‘doorway page’

demanding a subscription or payment.

Sometimes you’ll even be taken to a page that has nothing to do with
the paper
you thought you

were about to see! That’s what infuriates me the most. I don’t expect
free
articles from these guys, but it would at least be nice to see basic
bibliographical information.

Culprits include Springer, Reed Elsevier, and the IEEE (Institute of
Electrical and
Electronic Engineers) The last one seems to have quit — but to see why
they did
it, check out their powerpoint presentation on this subject, courtesy
of Carl
Willis.

See also

http://fakeconference.blogspot.com
http://academic-spam.blogspot.com
http://bogusconferences.blogspot.com
http://fake-conference.blogspot.com

Many Universities in GERMANY consider now that the IEEE Sponsored
conferences and mainly the conferences that are organized by non-IEEE
entities but
Many Universities in GERMANY consider now that the IEEE Sponsored
conferences and mainly the conferences that are organized by non-IEEE
entities but use the IEEE Services
or IEEE CS Press are absolutely fake conferences attracting many dupes
(or not so dupes)
that are willing to pay 400-800 EUR to publish their low-quality paper
just for increasing the length of their CV!

See what we found at
http://www.jjj.de/fake-conf.html
as well as at http://fakeconference.blogspot.com
Fake conferences, BEWARE!