John Le Carre (was: Judith Miller and David Kelly)

banana

Oct 6, 2005, 11:29:32 AM10/6/05
In article <$ImXKXAH...@borve.demon.co.uk>, banana <banana@REMOVE_T
HIS.borve.demon.co.uk> writes

>In article <g0fQVBBh...@borve.demon.co.uk>, banana <banana@REMOVE_T
>HIS.borve.demon.co.uk> writes
>
>>In article <o6m9k115nln9vhe72...@4ax.com>, Mikhail
>><Mik...@ihere.invalid> writes

><snip>
>
>>An interesting question is...was Miller running Kelly? If so, he
>>wouldn't be the first 'Brit' player to be run from the US. Terry Waite
>>was reporting to the White House, although it's true he was also
>>reporting to the Vatican.
>
>Apologies for stating this so weakly and perhaps misleadingly. I made it
>sound as though US-based or US-mediated State-corporate power is some
>sort of 'occasional' thing in the UK. It certainly isn't! The most
>important bits of the UK State are practically CONTROLLED from the US.
>Local johnnies are allowed to do hardly anything that conflicts with, or
>is kept secret from, the US military/spook complex and the business
>interests that own it. And yes, folks, it's getting more so.
>
>Even someone such as David Cornwell, aka 'John Le Carré', rightly
>asserts this or something very similar.

Of course, it is quite possible that Cornwell is doing a job, reporting
on Arab moneyed interests and left-wing figures etc. for SIS. Or that he
is close to a faction of SIS that is opposed to the increasing
domination of the UK by US interests waving the 'neocon' banner. I refer
to the faction that doesn't want to alienate all of the Arab oil sheikhs
in London, shares some (business) interests therewith, and does not
support for example the aim set out by ex-Mossad chief Ephraim Halevy
when he called after 7/7 for "world war" and the making of big changes
in every country in the world, in the Zionist interest.

Take this position seriously and it calls for a serious move, on the
part of a faction of the UK-based part of the ruling class, to end the
Atlantic alliance, chuck the US armed forces, CIA, and NSA out of the UK
(and UK colonies/dependencies), and to try to oppose both the US
pro-Zionist war effort in southwest Asia and any future large-scale
assault directly by Israeli forces. Which hardly seems likely, or even
possible in the foreseeable future! I mean where the hell are members of
the UK-based part of the ruling class who support these goals even going
to get hold of secure telephone lines in the first place to discuss such
stuff? Oman?

But...it might well lead them to cry into their port in a few
gentlemen's clubs, and even to the occasional novel. Perhaps waiting for
their opponents to push too far and come a cropper somehow, somewhen...

Let's recall that Cornwell is on record as praising MI5 infiltration of
Stalinist groups ('ownership' and 'control' might be more accurate
words).

BUT - and this is a very big BUT - he wrote a novel which TORE into the
pharmaceutical industry. ('A Constant Gardener'). I think it is
extremely unlikely that he was doing 'clever PR' for the industry itself
[*]. On the contrary, he really rips into the mass-murdering scumbags -
and deserves credit and respect for doing so.

See also the interview with him in today's 'Guardian', in which he calls
the UK regime a fascist corporate state, controlled by a faction in the
US that makes support for Zionism one of the most important features of
its entire geopolitics:

<http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,,1585700,00.html>

I haven't read 'Absolute Friends' BTW...

(*) For an example of 'clever PR' that appears to be critical but is
really supportive, see the way that lots of 'green' shit is 'clever PR'
in support of a continuation of the murderous heist known as 'nuclear
power'.

I saw an article the other day entitled 'Is nuclear power the answer?'
Any sane person would reply 'well if it is, you asked the wrong fucking
question!' But of course the whole point of the propaganda is to make it
seem acceptable. Have a 'debate', you know, all that sort of crap. Guess
what, the article contained lots of mentions of how 'dirty' it is to
burn hydrocarbon fuel, but no mention of radiation or cancer; nor of the
fact that nuclear power in the UK has amounted to a multi-billion pound
scam; nor of the government-backed Rothschild land deal in Canada on
which the UK nuclear power industry was founded.

For another example, see the way that the UK media are talking of
'healthy food' in schools. And then recall that McDonalds has tried to
relaunch itself as a purveyor of 'healthy food', and 'sponsors'
conferences in the UK school sector? Get it? 'Five portions of
vegetables' AND a Big Mac. 'Healthy?' Fuck off!

--
banana "The thing I hate about you, Rowntree, is the way you
give Coca-Cola to your scum, and your best teddy-bear to