Ed Balls: minister fears rise of fascism amid economic gloom

Mike Cawood, HND BIT

Feb 10, 2009, 2:08:32 AM2/10/09
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/4571944/Ed-Balls-minister-fears-rise-of-fascism-amid-economic-gloom.html
Doesn't Ed Balls realise that this is a reaction against an extremely
unpopular government.
The solution is quite simple - call a general election or are the government
too stupid?
Regards Mike.

Mikein...@aol.com

Feb 10, 2009, 2:38:43 AM2/10/09
On 9 Feb, 23:08, "Mike Cawood, HND BIT" <m...@privacy.net> wrote:
> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/4571944/Ed-Balls-...

> Doesn't Ed Balls realise that this is a reaction against an extremely
> unpopular government.
> The solution is quite simple - call a general election or are the government
> too stupid?
> Regards � Mike.

Fascism! Labour is settingb up a fascist police state.

Mikein...@aol.com

Feb 10, 2009, 2:48:24 AM2/10/09
> Doesn't Ed Balls realise that this is a reaction against an extremely
> unpopular government.
> The solution is quite simple - call a general election or are the government
> too stupid?
> Regards � Mike.

I'm very worried. I think Labour should protect us by setting up camps
where dangerous people can be kept in the interests of democracy.
Surelt the tiny powerless BNP will make a good enough excuse if the
press talks it up enough.

Jon°

Feb 10, 2009, 3:37:10 AM2/10/09

If the BNP begin do make a breakthrough, it will be banned..........If
this does ever happen the underground popularity of the BNP will
increase............The essentials of democratic governement wither
away if parties are banned.

Mikein...@aol.com

Feb 10, 2009, 3:48:37 AM2/10/09

The idea is that the BNP should get enough minor powerless elected
officials and media attention to give the impression of an imminent
'breakthrough' or pretend 'breakthrough' which never really arrives.

The state fears not the BNP but banning it since the illusion of
democracy would then evaporate.

That won't be necessary. The flattery of people in the BNP by giving
them the impression they are real players will be enough to avoid
people questioning the fact that it's a small outfit inreasingly run
to avoid trouble with the state not to challenge it. It's neutered. If
it were not the press would be taking a different line.

Farmer Giles

Feb 10, 2009, 6:18:26 AM2/10/09

<Mikein...@aol.com> wrote in message
On 10 Feb, 00:37, Jon? <oh_jon...@live.co.uk> wrote:

_____________________________________

I think that you give the establishment far too much credit. They are
certainly worried about the rise of the BNP - and well they might be. BNP
support could snowball in the very near future. I think that the BNP
nowadays is a very different outfit to the one that you were involved with.
What Ed Balls is up to, is nothing more than crude propagandising - part of
the process of demonising the BNP, and planting the message firmly in the
mind of the 'bewildered masses' that decent people don't vote for
'extremist' parties. It has worked well for them up to now, but has they
have no credibility whatsoever these days it may not work for them this
time.

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Feb 10, 2009, 7:38:55 AM2/10/09

Maybe someone should tell him that all the laws needed for a full blown
Fascist state have been put into place by his party, NuLab.

--
Dirk

abelard

Feb 10, 2009, 8:38:05 AM2/10/09
On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 11:18:26 -0000, "Farmer Giles" <gi...@nospam.com>
wrote:

the 'new' labour party are fearful of the banzis because they
are in direct competition for the votes of leftist idiots...

it is far more likely the less crazy lumpen labour voters will
move to the fake lib dems

>- and well they might be. BNP
>support could snowball in the very near future. I think that the BNP
>nowadays is a very different outfit to the one that you were involved with.
>What Ed Balls is up to, is nothing more than crude propagandising - part of
>the process of demonising the BNP, and planting the message firmly in the
>mind of the 'bewildered masses' that decent people don't vote for
>'extremist' parties.

'new' labour is an extremist party

--
web site at www.abelard.org - news comment service, logic, economics
energy, education, politics, etc 1,552,396 document calls in year past

Ivan

Feb 10, 2009, 9:26:59 AM2/10/09

"Mike Cawood, HND BIT" <m...@privacy.net> wrote in message

IMO the almost certain Tory victory would achieve very little, except that
they would merely replace Labour as the ones being blamed for this country's
almost unstoppable descent into the abyss.

I hope I'm wrong, but next winter doesn't look like it's going to exactly be
a time when any sane political party would want to be grappling with the
political unrest the country will almost certainly find itself embroiled in,
unless things such as employment and the overall economy starts to rapidly
improve over this coming summer period.

Joe

Feb 10, 2009, 5:31:31 PM2/10/09
Mike Cawood, HND BIT wrote:

So is Mr Balls saying that the Labour party, in which he is such a key
member, is unable to offer a credible alternative to fascism?

--
Joe

James Hammerton

Feb 10, 2009, 5:57:57 PM2/10/09

They're slowly but steadily taking us down the road to fascism themselves...

James

--
James Hammerton,
http://jameshammerton.blogspot.com/