What a nice guy!

1 view

Benjamin Kitt

May 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/11/97

Treebeard wrote:

> I was walking through Loughborough today and some old, greying man
> with
> a Zimmer frame came out of an alleyway and asked me if I could get him
> hamburger and a cup of tea. So, me being a nice bloke said "Yeah,
> sure".
> So he gave me some money and off I went to MacDonalds to get him his
> dinner. I took him back to him, gave him his change and went on my
> way.
> What a nice bloke I am. :-)

Well, good samaritan chufty badge to you then :)

David Walker

May 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/11/97

In article: <6Ea5WBAb...@emdac.demon.co.uk> Treebeard
<tree...@emdac.demon.co.uk> writes:

> I was walking through Loughborough today and some old, greying man with
> a Zimmer frame came out of an alleyway and asked me if I could get him a
> hamburger and a cup of tea. So, me being a nice bloke said "Yeah, sure".
> So he gave me some money and off I went to MacDonalds to get him his
> dinner. I took him back to him, gave him his change and went on my way.
> What a nice bloke I am. :-)

More interestingly that guy was niave. I mean in a perfect world you should be able to
do that all the time, but not everyone is as reliable as you are.

--

( ) @ David Walker
( )_) da...@sheepz.demon.co.uk

"something wicked this way comes"

Treebeard

May 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/11/97

David Walker <Da...@sheepz.demon.co.uk> sipped at some herbal tea and
said..."You can't get the buttons these days"

>More interestingly that guy was niave. I mean in a perfect world you should be
>able to
>do that all the time, but not everyone is as reliable as you are.

It would have been very easy for some people to just walk off with his
money (all be it £1.50) but I could never have done it. My conscience
wouldn't allow it, and I also felt sorry for him having to use a Zimmer
frame to get around. He would have found it difficult to carry some tea
and a burger whilst using his Zimmer.
--
***Tim Hetherington***
***t...@emdac.demon.co.uk - http://www.emdac.demon.co.uk***