Warning Signs That Your Child Might Be A Goth

samsam

Aug 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/27/99
check out: http://www.redmusic.com/goths/warning.html for a giggle or two.

samsam
The SlagHuis: http://www.slaghuis.net

Howard Crowe

Aug 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/27/99

samsam wrote in message
<935758897.29273.0...@news.demon.co.uk>...

>check out: http://www.redmusic.com/goths/warning.html for a giggle or two.
>
>samsam
>The SlagHuis: http://www.slaghuis.net

Quite funny. Manages to alienate most of society in one go :o)

Hope it really is a P.A.R.O.D.Y. Difficult to know where American
religious types are involved.

Surprised to see that Elton John is a prime example of Goth music though,
wonder if anyone's told him?

- Howard

RLF

Aug 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/27/99
Howard Crowe wrote:

> samsam wrote in message
> <935758897.29273.0...@news.demon.co.uk>...
> >check out: http://www.redmusic.com/goths/warning.html for a giggle or two.

> Quite funny. Manages to alienate most of society in one go :o)

> Hope it really is a P.A.R.O.D.Y. Difficult to know where American
> religious types are involved.

Looks quite real, with the doves and such..

> Surprised to see that Elton John is a prime example of Goth music though,
> wonder if anyone's told him?

TOLD HIM WHAT?
Elton John IS gothic.
Why would he mess with candless in storms, sining to dead ladies

RLF

*

KB

Aug 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/27/99
RLF wrote:

> Looks quite real, with the doves and such..

Check out the cred. for the site author. Clue as to its "serious" nature.

Kath
--
****
Luna & Solara Designs * Masks and Millinery * http://www.maskmakers.com

'Lord' Rev. Dr. Paul Soth

Aug 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/27/99
samsam wrote:

> check out: http://www.redmusic.com/goths/warning.html for a giggle or two.

A good try.

But it's nothing compared to the champion:
http://www.co.jyu.fi/~np/rpg/DnD/

--
'Lord' Rev. Dr. Paul Soth
Coming soon... Sephiroth: Agent of AGSF

RLF

Aug 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/27/99
KB wrote:

> RLF wrote:
>
> > Looks quite real, with the doves and such..
>
> Check out the cred. for the site author. Clue as to its "serious" nature.
Sorry, should have attatched the <humor> tag. Missed on that one. You
cant believe that I fell for that one, do you?

RLF

*
Ironmonger, six letters? VZZBUX! (Bottom)

zog...@home.com

Aug 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/27/99
Aleister Crowley's Cat wrote:

> Yes it is a Parody. There are (not so) subtle hints scattered about
> the place...

I particularly liked the "search your child's room and read their
diaries'
'may suspect you of spying'

Angel.

Wasteland

Aug 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/27/99

samsam wrote in message ...

> check out: http://www.redmusic.com/goths/warning.html for a giggle or two.
> samsam
> The SlagHuis: http://www.slaghuis.net

This is my absolute favorite:

Eats GOTH-related foods such as Count Chocula breakfast cereal!

and second only to:

Wears a pin that says, "I am a GOTH."

Made my day, thanks,

+_Wasteland_+
"Words are just dust, in desserts of sound" -Sisterhood

zog...@home.com

Aug 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/28/99
Aleister Crowley's Cat wrote:

> Or the 'Use the Internet or Computers' or the 'May Dance to Music'
> entries...

yeah, but I've gotta disagree with that 'says "I am a GOTH"' one. Seems
they got it backwards.

Darksun

Aug 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/29/99

samsam wrote in message
<935758897.29273.0...@news.demon.co.uk>...

>check out: http://www.redmusic.com/goths/warning.html for a giggle or two.
>
>samsam
>The SlagHuis: http://www.slaghuis.net

This is quite funny in the fact that real none parody versions of this type
of website do exist, complete with much ill informed info and out of date
stereotypes.

- Darksun

http://members.tripod.com/~jimsplace

CiPHER

Aug 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/30/99
samsam wrote:

> check out: http://www.redmusic.com/goths/warning.html for a giggle or two.

Actually, I created a site some time ago now, in a similar vein...
and _I_ believe it's much better...

See it at : http://www.cybergoth.net/nexus/gothgene

======
CiPHER
http://www.cybergoth.net/nexus
http://www.cybergoth.net/nexus/prozac

hollyhollyholly

Aug 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/30/99
"Wasteland" wrote:

> This is my absolute favorite:
>
> Eats GOTH-related foods such as Count Chocula breakfast cereal!

When I moved into my first apartment I bought Count Chocula cereal to put
into the cupboard as a joke.

Then I got hungry and tasted it and discovered that I really enjoyed the stuff.

This led to my rather expensive Count Chocula habit.
So much for irony.

-holly

___o
i come old friend from hell tonight across the rotting sea ... ___o
hollyhollyholly...holly@nodens.physics.ox.ac.uk____o

zog...@home.com

Aug 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/30/99
hollyhollyholly wrote:

> > Eats GOTH-related foods such as Count Chocula breakfast cereal!
>

> This led to my rather expensive Count Chocula habit.
> So much for irony.

Would the boo-berry cereal (is that still around?) that was a sister
product count as well?

Bush Wacker

Aug 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/31/99

zog...@home.com wrote:

> Would the boo-berry cereal (is that still around?) that was a sister
> product count as well?

well for some odd reason, they took it off of the market, probably
because of productivity loss.

zog...@home.com

Aug 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/31/99

Damn them, BASTARDS!
Now we may only express our breakfast morbidity through vampires, and
not other types of undead.

Angel.

Nyx

Aug 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/31/99
zog...@home.com wrote:

>Damn them, BASTARDS!
>Now we may only express our breakfast morbidity through vampires, and
>not other types of undead.

<cheesy announcer voice/>Hey kids! Get your parents to buy you New!
Post-toasties crunchy Zombie Bites! Now with 50% more brains!</cheesy
announcer voice>

Nyx

"If you open your mouth I can't be responsible for quite what
goes in, or to care what comes out."
Standing at the corner of Fascination St.and Detonation Blvd.

Jodi

Aug 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/31/99
On Tue, 31 Aug 1999 03:00:17 GMT, Bush Wacker wrote:

>zog...@home.com wrote:
>>

>> Would the boo-berry cereal (is that still around?) that was a sister
>> product count as well?
>
>well for some odd reason, they took it off of the market, probably
>because of productivity loss.

I heard they took it off the market because of the chemicals in the
colouring. Or maybe that was the Frankenberry. Both of which were
superior to count chockula anyway.

Jodi
--

as a matter of fact, I do own the dance floor

zog...@home.com

Aug 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/31/99
Nyx wrote:

> zog...@home.com wrote:
>
> >Damn them, BASTARDS!
> >Now we may only express our breakfast morbidity through vampires, and
> >not other types of undead.
>
> <cheesy announcer voice/>Hey kids! Get your parents to buy you New!
> Post-toasties crunchy Zombie Bites! Now with 50% more brains!</cheesy
> announcer voice>

Are the brains real, or marshmallow??? <g>

Angel.

zog...@home.com

Aug 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/31/99
Jodi wrote:

> >> Would the boo-berry cereal (is that still around?) that was a sister
> >> product count as well?
> >
> >well for some odd reason, they took it off of the market, probably
> >because of productivity loss.
>
> I heard they took it off the market because of the chemicals in the
> colouring. Or maybe that was the Frankenberry. Both of which were
> superior to count chockula anyway.

Frankenberry. was that the strawberry flavoured one? Mmm.. NEED OVER
SUGARED CEREAL...
NEED OVER SALTED CEREAL.

Damn it, just get me my MSG.

Thane.