Whitby bands - opinions needed

whit...@whitby02.demon.co.uk

Sep 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/9/97

Alexa Williamson <ale...@ukonline.co.uk> wrote:
>Hi, I'm looking for some opinions (re: music, style, how many goldfish
>they can swallow - that kind of stuff) about the bands playing at the
>Halloween Whitby Weekend which I can publish in the second issue of
>decrepit, a London-based fanzine.

Can I just say that I think they're all great, even though I picked them?
No? Oh well, just a thought

Jo

(still searching for a pink Halloween costume)

Alexa Williamson

Sep 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/9/97

Hi, I'm looking for some opinions (re: music, style, how many goldfish
they can swallow - that kind of stuff) about the bands playing at the
Halloween Whitby Weekend which I can publish in the second issue of
decrepit, a London-based fanzine.

The bands are (for those somehow not in the know)

Inkubus Sukkubus
Manuskript
The Horatii
Psycho TV
Sunshine Blind
Rosetta Stone

If you'd like to contribute some thoughts, drop me an email and I'll
send you the questions I'd like to ask.

* Oh yeah, also looking for artwork for this issue, which'll be out just
before Whitby, and if you'd like to spill the beans on what you're going
to be wearing to the costume ball on Friday at Whitby, it'll be great
fodder for Eleanor (yes THE Eleanor), the decrepit fashion editor's
column.

ta muchly

Alexa

David Whewell

Sep 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/10/97

Aconite <aco...@dial.pipex.com> wrote:

>Alexa Williamson wrote:

>> Inkubus Sukkubus
>Pagan folk music
insert "bad" as appropriate.

>> Manuskript
>Not heard much, but they are fun live
fun, bouncy. i think dreaqm disciples are trying to be manuskript
live nowadays :) rock/bouncy goff, but done very well.

>> The Horatii
><bounce> They're ace!
80s-tinged stunning perkygoth thing. ace, indeed.

>> Psycho TV
><retch> Crap
pass.

>> Sunshine Blind
>Not heard them
very very very nice. american crossover darkwave/goth band.

>> Rosetta Stone
>Wasn't convinced until I saw them at the Epitaph, but they're fantastic
>live.
sisters clone turned nin clone turned very good goth outfit playing
with the techno side on occasion. good material, consistently. and
somehow able to pull off "2 blokes and a dat machine" live better than
anyone else.

[Fancy dress]
>Who, if anyone, is bothering with this? I'm just wondering how many
>people (non-net.goths) know it's fancy dress, cause I wouldn't have know
>anything about it if it wasn't for this newsgroup.
well, the lil booklet i got with my tickets for april (that detailed
the stuff going on both whitbys) states there is a fancy dress ball...
i'm not sure if everyone got said booklet, i got my ticket from resy
records so maybe if you mail-ordered you didn't get one? (Jo can you
help here?) i know for sure of some people who didn't know of the
booklet.

lilfross

--
withdrawn, gazing frightened, | fross - david whewell
gazing longing. reflected in | @darkwave.org.uk

Aconite

Sep 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/10/97

Alexa Williamson wrote:

> Inkubus Sukkubus

Pagan folk music

> Manuskript

Not heard much, but they are fun live

> The Horatii

<bounce> They're ace!

> Psycho TV

<retch> Crap

> Sunshine Blind

Not heard them

> Rosetta Stone

Wasn't convinced until I saw them at the Epitaph, but they're fantastic
live.

> * Oh yeah, also looking for artwork for this issue, which'll be out just

> before Whitby, and if you'd like to spill the beans on what you're going
> to be wearing to the costume ball on Friday at Whitby, it'll be great
> fodder for Eleanor (yes THE Eleanor), the decrepit fashion editor's
> column.

Who, if anyone, is bothering with this? I'm just wondering how many

people (non-net.goths) know it's fancy dress, cause I wouldn't have know
anything about it if it wasn't for this newsgroup.

Aconite

....when you say word a lot they don't mean anything....or maybe they
don't mean anything anyway and we just think they do....

Mel

Sep 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/10/97

| David Whewell breaks a fingernail...

> >Who, if anyone, is bothering with this? I'm just wondering how many
> >people (non-net.goths) know it's fancy dress, cause I wouldn't have know
> >anything about it if it wasn't for this newsgroup.

> well, the lil booklet i got with my tickets for april (that detailed

> the stuff going on both whitbys) states there is a fancy dress ball...
> i'm not sure if everyone got said booklet, i got my ticket from resy
> records so maybe if you mail-ordered you didn't get one? (Jo can you
> help here?) i know for sure of some people who didn't know of the
> booklet.

Booklet? Oi! Jo!

*Mel!*

Note: mela...@msn.com and m...@emarkt.com are now defunct.

Mel

Sep 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/10/97

| Aconite breaks a fingernail...

[Whitby fancy dress]

> Who, if anyone, is bothering with this? I'm just wondering how many
> people (non-net.goths) know it's fancy dress, cause I wouldn't have know
> anything about it if it wasn't for this newsgroup.

I don't know how many are bothering - but most seem to have forgotten that the
theme is 'horror'.

Aconite

Sep 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/10/97

David Whewell wrote:

> well, the lil booklet i got with my tickets for april (that detailed
> the stuff going on both whitbys) states there is a fancy dress ball...
> i'm not sure if everyone got said booklet, i got my ticket from resy
> records so maybe if you mail-ordered you didn't get one? (Jo can you
> help here?) i know for sure of some people who didn't know of the
> booklet.

Erm, nope, didn't get a booklet, just a pink thing that said "with
compliments"
And I got my ticket about a month ago

Aconite

....when we say words a lot they don't mean anything....or maybe they
don't mean anything anyway, and we just think they do....

Mel

Sep 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/10/97

| Alexa Williamson breaks a fingernail...

> The Horatii

Excellent, though it's about time they did some new material. Probably the
leaders in the goldfish-swallowing stakes.

> Sunshine Blind

Excellent, not to be missed as this is (I think) their first time over here. I
believe they're playing at least one other date while they're here.

> Rosetta Stone

Hmmmm, well I always think of them in the Sisters vein (though only because of
their having been around a while - not in a musical sense), but without the twat
up front.

> * Oh yeah, also looking for artwork for this issue, which'll be out just
> before Whitby, and if you'd like to spill the beans on what you're going
> to be wearing to the costume ball on Friday at Whitby, it'll be great
> fodder for Eleanor (yes THE Eleanor), the decrepit fashion editor's
> column.

Nope, not telling.

Jayne Gilmour

Sep 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/10/97

Aconite wrote:

> > * Oh yeah, also looking for artwork for this issue, which'll be out just
> > before Whitby, and if you'd like to spill the beans on what you're going
> > to be wearing to the costume ball on Friday at Whitby, it'll be great
> > fodder for Eleanor (yes THE Eleanor), the decrepit fashion editor's
> > column.
>
> Who, if anyone, is bothering with this? I'm just wondering how many
> people (non-net.goths) know it's fancy dress, cause I wouldn't have know
> anything about it if it wasn't for this newsgroup.

Well I was planning to - although my finances won't run to 'rain'
from the end of ITV's 10.30 weather forecast which was my first idea.
Brenda (who isn't a goth) is planning to go as a goth which I
suppose is technically fancy dress, but will be lost on everyone who
doesn't know her. The dog-tart will be staying at the hotel conserving
her energy for the pumpkin chase...

Jayne.
--
"You've got to have a dream, 'cause if you don't have a
dream, how are you going to make your dream come true?"

GoCS7)8($ TFeAn2 PShR B/20Bk\"3z1 cZ(Lbr)-c7)8( V5 M3p2]wgD[ ZGoFan
C7oec a27- n7DM b56D H173 g4L??96A mEa2)Ni2(@Z5 w5L v3 r6P p77555Rd
D67 h6(TFe) sF5M SrNn k7BsW N0988JSLNEH Rz(fs)Sp2$ LukTyne&Wear5)8(

Fluffygoth

Sep 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/10/97

Jodi mentioned:

>Well, when I thought I was going, which I'm not now, I was planning on
>going as Patsy from AbFab. So feel free to pinch my idea, anyone!

Certain "friends" used to nick-name me Patsy a few years ago ... largely
due to my blonde hair and habit of walking around with a Smirnoff bottle
permanently in one hand with a glass in the other ....

Fluff

".... You cannot judge what you don't understand ...."

Jodi Quinn

Sep 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/10/97

My 2p - ignore at will

Aconite wrote:

> Alexa Williamson wrote:
>
> > Inkubus Sukkubus
>
> Pagan folk music

Quite good the first few times you see them - they're a lot tighter
musically than most bands on the circuit and better live performers to
boot. Which just leaves the problem that I find pushy pagans just as
offensive of pushy Christians (usually solved by just ignoring the
lyrics and boucing around a lot).

> > The Horatii
>
> <bounce> They're ace!

Yup! Live _and_ on CD!

> > Psycho TV
>
> <retch> Crap

with unfeasibly large egos to boot. Look out for the guys swaggering
into the room with an attitude saying "we're here now, you can start to
have fun".[1]

> > Sunshine Blind
>
> Not heard them

I'll make you a tape.

Completely wonderful. The one "new goth" band I can get really excited
about. The second album isn't (IMHO) as good as the first but they are
still my favourites. A feminist goth band - yes! with great tunes!

> Who, if anyone, is bothering with this? I'm just wondering how many
> people (non-net.goths) know it's fancy dress, cause I wouldn't have know
> anything about it if it wasn't for this newsgroup.

Well, when I thought I was going, which I'm not now, I was planning on

going as Patsy from AbFab. So feel free to pinch my idea, anyone!

Jodi

[1] footnote deleted in the interests of good taste and personal safety.

MixAftHack

Sep 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/10/97

Lilfross wrote:>>> The Horatii
>><bounce> They're ace!

>80s-tinged stunning perkygoth thing. ace, indeed.

Just read their interview in Bats and red velvet. I'm worried they may
disappear up their own rear ends before Whitby and not be able to make it.

Mixy

<<Give me abiguity or give me something else>>

I was given the last rites in hospital a few weeks ago. This means that in
the eyes of the Lord I'm dead and on my way. Now, if only I can persuade my
tax inspector of that........

David Whewell

Sep 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/10/97

bl...@spamless.mel.cix.co.uk (Mel) wrote:

>[Whitby fancy dress]

>I don't know how many are bothering - but most seem to have forgotten that the
>theme is 'horror'.

it is?

quoting from the booklet:
there's a prize for the best halloween fancy dress - and that doesn't
mean coming as a goth or a vampire - use your head! (whether on your
shoulders or not is another matter!). imaginative ideas needed for
outfits that would frighten the pants off even the scariest goth
amongst us all, and an extra prize for anyone who comes dressed as a
fluffy pumpkin.

*fluffy* pumpkin? perhaps it us horror after all :>

lilfross

--
withdrawn, gazing frightened, | fross - david whewell
gazing longing. reflected in | @darkwave.org.uk
amber, fingertips fading from | @dial.pipex.com
the surface into silent depths. | @retina.net

9% perkolated | @goth.org

Natalia

Sep 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/10/97

Aconite <aco...@dial.pipex.com> writes

>Who, if anyone, is bothering with this? I'm just wondering how many
>people (non-net.goths) know it's fancy dress, cause I wouldn't have know
>anything about it if it wasn't for this newsgroup.

I'm not.
I did toy with the idea, but trying to find a non-cliched Horror Outfit?
Nah, too much effort. I'll just go as a drunk. :)

--
Talia - Self Proclaimed Gothess - http://www.gothweb.co.uk/Talia
"Lead me not into temptation, for I shall find my own way."

Witchfinder

Sep 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/10/97

Hark! What's that from under the rock? It's
bl...@spamless.mel.cix.co.uk (Mel) with this:

>Hmmmm, well I always think of them in the Sisters vein (though only because of
>their having been around a while - not in a musical sense), but without the twat
>up front.

see sig for more details :)
--
Witchfinder :-):
home: adr...@vorbis.demon.co.uk -=- work: agr...@ccat.co.uk

Witchfinder

Sep 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/10/97

Hark! What's that from under the rock? It's Natalia
<Nat...@brad-camb.demon.co.uk> with this:

>Aconite <aco...@dial.pipex.com> writes
>>Who, if anyone, is bothering with this? I'm just wondering how many
>>people (non-net.goths) know it's fancy dress, cause I wouldn't have know
>>anything about it if it wasn't for this newsgroup.
>
>I'm not.
>I did toy with the idea, but trying to find a non-cliched Horror Outfit?
>Nah, too much effort. I'll just go as a drunk. :)

Let's form a club - the Bugger This Lets Go As A Drunk Club. Works for
me, although I promise to have a shave.

Witchfinder

Sep 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/10/97

Hark! What's that from under the rock? It's god...@twisted.org.uk
(The Girl who wanted to be God) with this:

>Mel wrote:
>

>>I don't know how many are bothering - but most seem to have forgotten that the
>>theme is 'horror'.
>

>Is it? Really? Jo?????
>
>Ah, speaking of which Jo, pink + horror = Mr Blobby!!!!!

Bob Mortimer on Never Mind The Buzzcocks - "Pink, Spotty, Rubber,
Twat" Made ME laugh, anyway.

Witchfinder

Sep 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/10/97

Hark! What's that from under the rock? It's
bl...@spamless.mel.cix.co.uk (Mel) with this:

>| Aconite breaks a fingernail...
>
>[Whitby fancy dress]
>

>> Who, if anyone, is bothering with this? I'm just wondering how many
>> people (non-net.goths) know it's fancy dress, cause I wouldn't have know
>> anything about it if it wasn't for this newsgroup.
>

>I don't know how many are bothering - but most seem to have forgotten that the
>theme is 'horror'.

I'm OK then!

HiRez/Gothpat

Sep 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/11/97

On Tue, 09 Sep 1997 22:26:37 +0100, Alexa Williamson
<ale...@ukonline.co.uk> had this to say:

>Hi, I'm looking for some opinions (re: music, style, how many goldfish
>they can swallow - that kind of stuff) about the bands playing at the
>Halloween Whitby Weekend which I can publish in the second issue of
>decrepit, a London-based fanzine.
>
>The bands are (for those somehow not in the know)
>
>Inkubus Sukkubus

Pagans
Not bad...
(I saw Tony McCormick's Screaming Dead earlier this year and they were
quite good.)

>Manuskript
A big thumbs up!
Better every time I see them.
Good AHA cover.

>The Horatii
I can't say enough good things about them!
A huge fave since Sacrosanct 96.
One of the bands that caused my knee to get even more buggered at the
last Epitapth (from too much dancing).
Roo needs to stage dive more
;)

>Psycho TV
No comment.
Never seen or heard.

>Sunshine Blind
I may be a bit biased on this one...
One of the best "new" goth bands around.
Ace vocals, tunes you can dance to.
If you don't have their CDs, bring money to Whitby and buy both!
And, go see them at the pre-Whitby warm-up too!

>Rosetta Stone
A long time favorite of mine.
The first band I saw when I came to the UK (on the first night I was
here)
And, Porl is the Top Popster!

>* Oh yeah, also looking for artwork for this issue, which'll be out just
>before Whitby, and if you'd like to spill the beans on what you're going
>to be wearing to the costume ball on Friday at Whitby, it'll be great
>fodder for Eleanor (yes THE Eleanor), the decrepit fashion editor's
>column.

A few know what I plan on going as, but I'd prefer to keep it a
surprise as much as possible.

GothPat

Karl

Sep 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/11/97

Mel wrote:

> > well, the lil booklet i got with my tickets for april (that detailed
> > the stuff going on both whitbys) states there is a fancy dress ball...
> > i'm not sure if everyone got said booklet, i got my ticket from resy
> > records so maybe if you mail-ordered you didn't get one? (Jo can you
> > help here?) i know for sure of some people who didn't know of the
> > booklet.

> Booklet? Oi! Jo!
I got one when I mail ordered mine :)

Karl

Steve Welburn

Sep 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/11/97

Aconite wrote:

>Who, if anyone, is bothering with this? I'm just wondering how many
>people (non-net.goths) know it's fancy dress, cause I wouldn't have know
>anything about it if it wasn't for this newsgroup.

That's why the net.goths always win the contests... :-)

We know that they're happening, and Sexbat remembers all the rules...

Toodlepip,
Steve W
[I can get news at work... uh oh.]

Karl

Sep 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/11/97

Natalia wrote:
> >Who, if anyone, is bothering with this? I'm just wondering how many
> >people (non-net.goths) know it's fancy dress, cause I wouldn't have know
> >anything about it if it wasn't for this newsgroup.

> I'm not.
> I did toy with the idea, but trying to find a non-cliched Horror Outfit?
> Nah, too much effort. I'll just go as a drunk. :)

Looks like you'll have to put up with me again then won't you sweetie
*ducks* :)
Sorry Jo but I don't have the time to get a decent outfit together.

Karl

Lilith

Sep 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/11/97

In article <34174E...@dial.pipex.com>, Aconite wrote:

>David Whewell wrote:
>
>> well, the lil booklet i got with my tickets for april (that detailed
>> the stuff going on both whitbys) states there is a fancy dress ball...
>> i'm not sure if everyone got said booklet, i got my ticket from resy
>> records so maybe if you mail-ordered you didn't get one? (Jo can you
>> help here?) i know for sure of some people who didn't know of the
>> booklet.
>
>Erm, nope, didn't get a booklet, just a pink thing that said "with
>compliments"
>And I got my ticket about a month ago

Ditto!
I wanna booklet! :(

-althea

James Youngman

Sep 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/11/97

David> quoting from the booklet: there's a prize for the best
David> halloween fancy dress - and that doesn't mean coming as a
David> goth or a vampire - use your head! (whether on your shoulders
David> or not is another matter!). imaginative ideas needed for
David> outfits that would frighten the pants off even the scariest
David> goth amongst us all, and an extra prize for anyone who comes
David> dressed as a fluffy pumpkin.

A few years ago my mother went to a Halloween fancy-dress party on a
cruise. I asked what she wore and she said that she'd worn a roll of
toilet paper she'd brought with her for this purpose. "So you went as
a Mummy then?", I said. She said, "No, as a turd." I think coffee
came out of my nose.

Karl

Sep 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/11/97

pat wrote:

> >The Horatii
> I can't say enough good things about them!
> A huge fave since Sacrosanct 96.
> One of the bands that caused my knee to get even more buggered at the
> last Epitapth (from too much dancing).
> Roo needs to stage dive more
> ;)

Pardon? My poor rib still isn't 100% after the borderline incident.

Karl

Cavalorn

Sep 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/11/97

In article <341711...@man.ac.uk>, Jodi Quinn <jodi....@man.ac.uk>
writes

>> > Psycho TV
>>
>> <retch> Crap
>
>with unfeasibly large egos to boot. Look out for the guys swaggering
>into the room with an attitude saying "we're here now, you can start to
>have fun".[1]

Erm. Bang out of order, Jodi.

This is the second time you've attacked Psycho TV on this newsgroup. You
had your facts wrong last time, you were told so, and you went a bit
quiet on the subject after that.

Yes, I'm biased, being a personal chum of Dene and Co, so anything I
write, can, if desired, be written off as Cav jumping in for his mates.

Even so, Psycho TV just aren't like that. They've always been ironic,
self-deprecating and very funny when I've seen them. Musically, they've
improved a lot in the last two years. The worst to be said for them is
that early on they went through a phase of sounding like your little
brother's band practicing in the shed, but I've yet to find an embryonic
band that didn't. These days they are *much* tighter, *much* more
professional.

It is also fortunate that, unlike many bands of the Gothic persuasion,
they do *not* have their heads firmly lodged up their bottoms, and they
retain that most abjured thing, a sense of humour.

Cavalorn
--
'If I can't have my evenings off with cocoa and animal crackers, I
don't want to be your Bitch Goddess.' (Pat Califia)

Count Von Sexbat

Sep 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/11/97

In article <3419d54f...@pub.news.uk.psi.net>
swel...@channel4.co.uk, "Steve Welburn" writes:

>We know that they're happening, and Sexbat remembers all the rules...

'Reinterprets' would be more accurate...

--
/.\../.\ | Hearse-reversing, vodka-drinking slam-dancing
sexbat @ batt.demon.co.uk | caffeine-guzzling hair-spiking, Alice-being
| hardcore net.goth from hell(TM)
Aircrash Monthly ----> http://www.demon.co.uk/bat/aircrash

Ian Sturrock

Sep 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/11/97

In article <3416B8...@dial.pipex.com>, Aconite
<aco...@dial.pipex.com> writes

>> Psycho TV
>
><retch> Crap

Don't you think the correct response to a query about Psycho TV would be
to not answer, on grounds of bias? I don't ever remember you saying they
were crap when you were seeing the lead singer... Sounds very much like
bitchy sour grapes to me. Particularly nasty when you know that Dean
doesn't read upg or have net access.

Oh, & my opinion of Psycho TV, for anyone who cares, is that they are a
superb live band. Dean is one of the best frontmen I've ever seen in a
dozen years of gig-going. And in case you think *I'm* biased, I am not
particularly close to Dean- I've probably spoken to him about 3 times
this year.
--
Ian

"Beauty and strength, leaping laughter and delicious languor, force and fire,
are of us." AL II.20

Mel

Sep 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/11/97

| David Whewell breaks a fingernail...

> >[Whitby fancy dress]
>

> >I don't know how many are bothering - but most seem to have forgotten that the
> >theme is 'horror'.
>

> it is?

Errrr.....

> quoting from the booklet:
> there's a prize for the best halloween fancy dress - and that doesn't
> mean coming as a goth or a vampire - use your head! (whether on your
> shoulders or not is another matter!). imaginative ideas needed for
> outfits that would frighten the pants off even the scariest goth
> amongst us all, and an extra prize for anyone who comes dressed as a
> fluffy pumpkin.

Well... halloween/horror... what's the difference? Actually I was going to get a
Kevin Keegan perm and a pink shellsuit with 'Nightmare On Brookside' stitched on
the back... but I wouldn't want anyone to recycle their drinks, so maybe not.

> *fluffy* pumpkin? perhaps it us horror after all :>

Hmmm, that reminds me I must clear out the fridge.... 'Night Of The Living Dead
Pizza'.

brett

Sep 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/11/97

In article <5IxTzGAz...@newaeonbooks.demon.co.uk>, Ian Sturrock
<i...@newaeonbooks.demon.co.uk> writes

>In article <3416B8...@dial.pipex.com>, Aconite
><aco...@dial.pipex.com> writes
>>
>>> Psycho TV
>>
>><retch> Crap
>>
>Don't you think the correct response to a query about Psycho TV would be
>to not answer, on grounds of bias? I don't ever remember you saying they
>were crap when you were seeing the lead singer... Sounds very much like
>bitchy sour grapes to me. Particularly nasty when you know that Dean
>doesn't read upg or have net access.

Don`t you think the correct place for a response such as this is in
an e-mail rather than in a publicly accesable newsgroup,do you really
think that anybody else on this group is the slightest bit interested in
a single word of the above paragraph.

>Oh, & my opinion of Psycho TV, for anyone who cares, is that they are a
>superb live band. Dean is one of the best frontmen I've ever seen in a
>dozen years of gig-going.

This is more like it somebody giving there opinion on a band although
I must admit it`s not an opinion I`ve heard very much on Psycho TV but
obviously everybody is entitled to there opinion.Personally I`ve seen
them once supporting Stun in Manchester last year and my opinion was
they were a bland and boring crock of shite but there ya go.

>And in case you think *I'm* biased, I am not
>particularly close to Dean- I've probably spoken to him about 3 times
>this year.

Well I didn`t think you were biased so why did you have to prove
you weren`t.

Brett....

Cavalorn

Sep 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/11/97

In article <IumFuHAF...@apageltd.demon.co.uk>, brett <brett@SPAMTRA
P.gothic1.demon.co.uk> writes
>Rosi,
> Hiya how are you and stuff????

<snip>

You know, I really think you should take this to email. ;)

brett

Sep 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/11/97

Rosi,
Hiya how are you and stuff????

In article <341882...@dial.pipex.com>, Aconite
<aco...@dial.pipex.com> writes
>Ian Sturrock wrote:
>
>Also, I think we should now take this to email, if you feel any more
>discussion is necessary.

Felt I ought to clarify something My little outburst on upg today was
directed at Ian in all ways when I saw his post I saw red big style,as
you`ve probably gathred I`m becoming increasingly annoyed with certain
factions of the newsgroup and my god it`s like banging you`re head
against a brick wall then somebody makes comments like this and well I
had to say something.

> This itself would have been an email, but I
>felt I should defend myself in public as that was where you chose to
>attack me. Apologies to anyone who wasn't interested.

No you did perfectly correctly defending yourself in public I
would`ve done the same,I just hpe this is the end of it in the newsgroup
now.
Anyway all thgat aside when is it you`re moving to London?? and
are you having a leaving do or anything.I shall be down in London for
the Rosetta gig in October so maybe see you there or if not at Whitby.
Thanks for all you`re help with Wasteland in Manc,Jason and I
have most definitley joined forces now our combined efforts will from
next month be known as "Revelations".

See Ya Soon

Take Care

Hugzz

Brett.....

>Aconite
>
>....when you say words a lot they don't mean anything....or maybe they
>don't mean anything anyway and we just think they do....

B.....

The Boy Sinister

http://www.gothic1.demon.co.uk/

New Aeon Books

Sep 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/11/97

In article <341711...@man.ac.uk>, Jodi Quinn <jodi....@man.ac.uk>
writes

>> > Psycho TV
>>
>> <retch> Crap
>
>with unfeasibly large egos to boot. Look out for the guys swaggering
>into the room with an attitude saying "we're here now, you can start to
>have fun".[1]
>>

>[1] footnote deleted in the interests of good taste and personal safety.
TO OUR "CRITICS"........
Do you not realize that your ill-informed comments, though made in a
spirit of childish personal spite as they are (hell hath no fury like an
embittered ex, nor jealous wannabes), just add fuel to our fire?
For your own benefit, get a life but by all means keep on slagging us
off. After all no press is bad press(Just ask Malcom Mclaren!)
We await your reply............
Lots of love from PSYCHO TV xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
--
Dene of PSYCHO TV hi-jacking the computer at NEW AEON BOOKS

David Whewell

Sep 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/11/97

Ian Sturrock <i...@newaeonbooks.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>In article <3416B8...@dial.pipex.com>, Aconite

><aco...@dial.pipex.com> writes
>>
>>> Psycho TV
>>
>><retch> Crap
>>

>Don't you think the correct response to a query about Psycho TV would be
>to not answer, on grounds of bias?

surely a post asking for people's *opinions* on a band is asking for
people's bias on them?

Aconite

Sep 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/11/97

Ian Sturrock wrote:

> Don't you think the correct response to a query about Psycho TV would be

> to not answer, on grounds of bias? I don't ever remember you saying they
> were crap when you were seeing the lead singer...

Yes, well that was over 2 years ago now, and they were just discussing
forming when I dumped him. So no I didn't say they were crap at the
time, because they didn't exist.

> Sounds very much like
> bitchy sour grapes to me. Particularly nasty when you know that Dean
> doesn't read upg or have net access.

Dene knows my opinions of both him and his band perfectly well. If he
has forgotten (and cares), I'll tell him to his face. I never recall him
holding back opinions about me or indeed anyone just because they
weren't present.

Your argument doen't hold anyway. I have in the past made
uncomplimentary comments about other bands who don't read upg. I agree
making personal comments about Dene would be extremely unfair, he's not
here to defend himself. I don't recall however so much as mentioning his
name, that was you. I've seen Psycho TV live, and I think they are crap.
End of story. Dene doesn't come into it either way. Or do you want us to
stop having discussion on any band in upg anymore because not all bands
have net access, so can't defend themselves?

At the end of the day I don't consider I have _any_ relationship, bad or
otherwise with Dene, he's remarkably insignificant to anything in my
life. I just dont like his band. It's not a personal thing.

Also, I think we should now take this to email, if you feel any more

discussion is necessary. This itself would have been an email, but I

felt I should defend myself in public as that was where you chose to
attack me. Apologies to anyone who wasn't interested.

Aconite

Ian Sturrock

Sep 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/11/97

In article <PAdkVBAkv$F0E...@apageltd.demon.co.uk>, brett <brett@SPAMTRA
P.gothic1.demon.co.uk> writes

> Don`t you think the correct place for a response such as this is in
>an e-mail rather than in a publicly accesable newsgroup,

No more so than your response... so, no.

>do you really
>think that anybody else on this group is the slightest bit interested in
>a single word of the above paragraph.

Oh, sorry, do you fancy her or something?

>Personally I`ve seen
>them once supporting Stun in Manchester last year and my opinion was
>they were a bland and boring crock of shite but there ya go.

Well, you're entitled to your opinion, & unless I find out you've been
shagging their drum machine or something I'm not going to accuse *you*
of sour grapes... ;)

> Well I didn`t think you were biased so why did you have to prove
>you weren`t.

'Cos I'm a defensive, retiring ickle soul who doesn't like
misunderstandings. Why did you think?
--
Ian

At Cav's request, a disclaimer, something along the lines of
"The views of Ian do not necessarily represent the views of New Aeon Books..."

Ian Sturrock

Sep 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/11/97

In article <341882...@dial.pipex.com>, Aconite
<aco...@dial.pipex.com> writes
>I've seen Psycho TV live, and I think they are crap.
>End of story. Dene doesn't come into it either way.

I would be inclined to believe you, & indeed would not have responded to
your initial post at all, had you not described Psycho TV as
"<retch> crap"

I'm afraid the "retch" bit totally gave it away. You wouldn't feel a
need to blow chunks if you'd just seen them once and didn't think much
of them. I can't even remember the names of most of the mediocre goth
bands I've seen once & thought were crap.

>This itself would have been an email,

Shyeah, right.

> but I
>felt I should defend myself in public as that was where you chose to
>attack me.

Oh, bollocks. That was *not* an attack. I've spent several years
*defending* you from people who claimed you were just a bitchy little
kid, on the grounds that I hadn't seen any evidence of it myself...

Tails

Sep 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/11/97

In article <memo.19970910...@mel.compulink.co.uk>, Mel
<bl...@spamless.mel.cix.co.uk> writes

>I don't know how many are bothering - but most seem to have forgotten that the
>theme is 'horror'.

hmm ... if there's owt more frightening than John Thomas Shafter:
Gurning Zombie Yorkshire Creature from t'Pit I've yet to hear of
it .....

(possibly)

Tails.x
*B;-}

The Boy Sinister

Sep 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/11/97

In article <5XzjUCA1...@newaeonbooks.demon.co.uk>, Ian Sturrock
<i...@newaeonbooks.demon.co.uk> writes

>> Don`t you think the correct place for a response such as this is in
>>an e-mail rather than in a publicly accesable newsgroup,
>
>No more so than your response... so, no.

Well I wanted to draw people`s attention to what a petty awful
bloody post it was and hence I wasn`t likely to take it to e-mail was I?

>>do you really
>>think that anybody else on this group is the slightest bit interested in
>>a single word of the above paragraph.
>
>Oh, sorry, do you fancy her or something?

Oh Dear we really are diving into the depths of the playground now
aren`t we....and hence I won`t even honour that little response with a
reply.

Thread Finished...

Brett....

Esme

Sep 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/11/97

In a message of 10 Sep 97 aco...@dial.pipex.com wrote to All:

(Whitby costume ball...)

adp> Who, if anyone, is bothering with this? I'm just wondering how many

Not me, can't afford to buy stuff just for that! :-(

adp> people (non-net.goths) know it's fancy dress, cause I wouldn't have
adp> know anything about it if it wasn't for this newsgroup.

(shrugs...) -but net.goths don't live in isolation, they do speak to other
people out in the wider reaches of Gothdom! I heard of the fancy dress via
others who definitely aren't net.goths,but I suspect they may have heard of
it first from someone whois. This is tehfirst mention I've chanced across
of the fancy dress ball in here (but thenagain,I'monly here intermittently,
and haven't always time to read all the mail).

/\./\ Ciao for now!
\/ O O \/ Take care,
-( T )- Esme
/\ \_/ /\
|...|

Has the system my mails goes through stopped adding half a ton of junk
after my sigs, now?
--
|Fidonet: Esme 2:2500/632.7
|Internet: Es...@p7.f632.n2500.z2.overflow.com
|
| Standard disclaimer: The views of this user are strictly his/her own.

The Boy Sinister

Sep 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/11/97

In article <4EoyUAAm...@newaeonbooks.demon.co.uk>, Cavalorn
<Cava...@newaeonbooks.demon.co.uk> writes
>In article <IumFuHAF...@apageltd.demon.co.uk>, brett <brett@SPAMTRA
>P.gothic1.demon.co.uk> writes

>>Rosi,
>> Hiya how are you and stuff????
>
><snip>
>
>You know, I really think you should take this to email. ;)

Yeah well that was wher eit wa smeant to be unfortunately I have a
machine which has decided it`d be really funny to post e-mails to the
whole world.Oh well shit happens

Brett....

--
The Boy Sinister

Antony Johnston

Sep 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/12/97

Gothpat <hi...@netcity-Spam-free.adolescents-.co.uk> wrote:

> >Manuskript
> A big thumbs up!
> Better every time I see them.
> Good AHA cover.

in my usual "swimming-against-the-tide" vein, I'd just like to
*heartily* disagree with Mrs Rez here. OK, I admit I don't like
Manuskript much anyway [nice sense of humor, shame about the songs] but
I have to say, their cover of "sun always shines" is bloody awful. the
guy hasn't got the voice to pull it off the way he tries to, for a
start, which brings me to the other point, that being that a cover
version should [imho] be either an improvement in terms of technical
quality OR sound bugger-all like the original, of which it is/does
neither. [*gasp* note to self: breathe]

sorry for the outburst, and I'm not being biased just cos I'm a rather
large a-ha fan, I just think [even from an objective pov] it's a bit
pants.

=!>

--
antony johnston
http://www.mostlyblack.demon.co.uk/

PS: the man in the orange shirt is probably the only person on upg who
doesn't like manuskript. it dunnarf get lonely sometimes.

Ian Sturrock

Sep 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/12/97

In article <TmbENBAp...@gothic1.demon.co.uk>, The Boy Sinister

> Well I wanted to draw people`s attention to what a petty awful
>bloody post it was and hence I wasn`t likely to take it to e-mail was I?

Likewise. Obviously.

>>Oh, sorry, do you fancy her or something?
>>

> Oh Dear we really are diving into the depths of the playground now
>aren`t we....and hence I won`t even honour that little response with a
>reply.

Huh? What was *that* then?

> Thread Finished...

You wish...
--
Ian

who probably ought to got to sleep & lay off this thread about now...

MixAftHack

Sep 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/12/97

Cavalorn wrote:

>Erm. Bang out of order, Jodi.

She has her opinions and, right or wrong she has every entitlement to post
them to the newsgroup. That's what it's for.

Mixy

<<< The views expressed herein are strictly my own or those of the voices
in my head >>>

MixAftHack

Sep 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/12/97

In article <5XzjUCA1...@newaeonbooks.demon.co.uk>, Ian Sturrock

<i...@newaeonbooks.demon.co.uk> writes:

>Oh, sorry, do you fancy her or something?

Who doesn't?

Jodi Quinn

Sep 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/12/97

New Aeon Books wrote:

> TO OUR "CRITICS"........
> Do you not realize that your ill-informed comments, though made in a
> spirit of childish personal spite as they are (hell hath no fury like an
> embittered ex, nor jealous wannabes), just add fuel to our fire?
> For your own benefit, get a life but by all means keep on slagging us
> off. After all no press is bad press(Just ask Malcom Mclaren!)
> We await your reply............
> Lots of love from PSYCHO TV xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> --
> Dene of PSYCHO TV hi-jacking the computer at NEW AEON BOOKS

I really ought to know better than to reply to stuff like this BUT...

Jealous wannabes?!?!?!?!?

Brett and I were goths when you were in short pants.

Jodi

Mel

Sep 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/12/97

| Tails breaks a fingernail...

> hmm ... if there's owt more frightening than John Thomas Shafter:
> Gurning Zombie Yorkshire Creature from t'Pit I've yet to hear of
> it .....

But could he wield a sharpened cucumber with quite the same skill an panache as
yourself Tails?

Mel

Sep 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/12/97

| Antony Johnston breaks a fingernail...

[Manukript]

> in my usual "swimming-against-the-tide" vein, I'd just like to
> *heartily* disagree with Mrs Rez here. OK, I admit I don't like
> Manuskript much anyway [nice sense of humor, shame about the songs] but
> I have to say, their cover of "sun always shines" is bloody awful. the
> guy hasn't got the voice to pull it off the way he tries to, for a
> start, which brings me to the other point, that being that a cover
> version should [imho] be either an improvement in terms of technical
> quality OR sound bugger-all like the original, of which it is/does
> neither. [*gasp* note to self: breathe]

Well when I saw them in Nottingham last I was well impressed, though most people
thought they were crap. However, the times I'd seen them before they were awful. In
fact it seems to me that many of the modern goth bands are very inconsistent, or
maybe it's just me being a moody bugger.

Karl

Sep 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/12/97

Cavalorn wrote:

> >> <retch> Crap
> >
> >with unfeasibly large egos to boot. Look out for the guys swaggering
> >into the room with an attitude saying "we're here now, you can start to
> >have fun".[1]
> Erm. Bang out of order, Jodi.
> This is the second time you've attacked Psycho TV on this newsgroup.
I think Bang out of order Cavalorn is more approprite. Everyone here has
thier own opinions of bands, clothes, make-up, whatever and just because
some people may disagree with her opinions does not make her "out of order"
It is her choice and right to express her opions on this little group well
lovingly call uk.people.gothic
One of the main points of these groups is so people can express
un-censoured opions to other people.

Anyway each person can and should say what they like here without the fear
of being told of for doing so.

Karl

Aconite

Sep 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/12/97

Esme wrote:

> Has the system my mails goes through stopped adding half a ton of junk
> after my sigs, now?

Nope, it's still here. TBH I don't think you're going to get rid of it.

> |Fidonet: Esme 2:2500/632.7
> |Internet: Es...@p7.f632.n2500.z2.overflow.com
> |
> | Standard disclaimer: The views of this user are strictly his/her own.

Aconite

....when you say words a lot they don't mean anything....or maybe they

don't mean anything anyway, and we just think they do....

Cavalorn

Sep 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/12/97

In article <01bcbf55$6872a340$572c...@karl.genesyslab.co.uk>, Karl
<ka...@nospam.genesyslab.co.uk> writes

>Anyway each person can and should say what they like here without the fear
>of being told of for doing so.

I agree wholly. I found Jodi's assessment of my friends totally unfair,
and said so - hence 'bang out of order'. I'm saying that what she wrote
was wrong, not that she doesn't have the right to write it.

Everybody understand that distinction? Good.

Jodi Quinn

Sep 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/12/97

Cavalorn wrote:

> Erm. Bang out of order, Jodi.
>
> This is the second time you've attacked Psycho TV on this newsgroup. > You
> had your facts wrong last time, you were told so, and you went a bit
> quiet on the subject after that.

OK I should have apologised for that. It turned out that my source was
not, in fact, as it claimed to be, best buddies with the promoter of the
gig they pulled out of. When I'm being offensive in future I'll try to
do so with better information.

> Yes, I'm biased, being a personal chum of Dene and Co, so anything I
> write, can, if desired, be written off as Cav jumping in for his mates.

Fair enough

> Even so, Psycho TV just aren't like that. They've always been ironic,
> self-deprecating and very funny when I've seen them.

I'm sorry but - the only way of describing Dene's method of movement is
swaggering. I stick to that.

I guess ironic and funny are in the eye of the beholder. Incidentally,
anybody who's ever seen my elf dresses, my mutilated ball gowns or my
Nick Cave Shoes can't accuse me of having no sense of humour.

There's a fine line betweeen "ironic and funny" and "acting like
complete twats".. . again, probably subjective.

> Musically, they've
> improved a lot in the last two years. The worst to be said for them is
> that early on they went through a phase of sounding like your little
> brother's band practicing in the shed, but I've yet to find an > > embryonic band that didn't. These days they are *much* tighter, *much* > more professional.

Well I still thought that they were a tuneless pile of poo both times I
saw them. But admittedly that's been a while, so it looks like everyone
will get to find out for themselves at Whitby.

Jodi

Witchfinder

Sep 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/12/97

Hark! What's that from under the rock? It's James Youngman
<JYou...@vggas.com> with this:

> David> quoting from the booklet: there's a prize for the best
> David> halloween fancy dress - and that doesn't mean coming as a
> David> goth or a vampire - use your head! (whether on your shoulders
> David> or not is another matter!). imaginative ideas needed for
> David> outfits that would frighten the pants off even the scariest
> David> goth amongst us all, and an extra prize for anyone who comes
> David> dressed as a fluffy pumpkin.
>
>A few years ago my mother went to a Halloween fancy-dress party on a
>cruise. I asked what she wore and she said that she'd worn a roll of
>toilet paper she'd brought with her for this purpose. "So you went as
>a Mummy then?", I said. She said, "No, as a turd." I think coffee
>came out of my nose.

Cool mother alert!
--
Workshy Fop - in the pub already.
eeh-up mail: adr...@vorbis.demon.co.uk -=- work: agr...@ccat.co.uk

Natalia

Sep 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/12/97

Cavalorn <Cava...@newaeonbooks.demon.co.uk> writes

>In article <01bcbf55$6872a340$572c...@karl.genesyslab.co.uk>, Karl
><ka...@nospam.genesyslab.co.uk> writes
>>Anyway each person can and should say what they like here without the fear
>>of being told of for doing so.
>
>I agree wholly. I found Jodi's assessment of my friends totally unfair,
>and said so - hence 'bang out of order'. I'm saying that what she wrote
>was wrong,

She gave an opinion of a band. The way I understood it is, opinions are
not right or wrong, just different.

> not that she doesn't have the right to write it.
>Everybody understand that distinction? Good.

Yes. Do you follow mine?

--
Talia - Self Proclaimed Gothess - http://www.gothweb.co.uk/Talia
"Lead me not into temptation, for I shall find my own way."
"You don't care if they love you, it's been done before."

Cavalorn

Sep 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/13/97

In article <6wpkpCAK...@brad-camb.demon.co.uk>, Natalia
<Nat...@brad-camb.demon.co.uk> writes

>She gave an opinion of a band. The way I understood it is, opinions are
>not right or wrong, just different.

There's a difference between giving a judgement of a band *as* a band,
e.g. 'I don't like their music', and attacking the character of the band
members, e.g. 'they have unfeasibly large egos'. If I know a person very
well, and somebody who doesn't makes such a comment, I think I'm well
within my rights to say 'No, you're wrong, he/she isn't like that.'

This very point was at the centre of a dramatized libel inquest on Radio
4 this morning, by the way, so I'm not *entirely* talking out of my
arse.

>> not that she doesn't have the right to write it.
>>Everybody understand that distinction? Good.
>Yes. Do you follow mine?

I do, but I don't agree with it. I don't really give a stuff what people
think of each other's musical tastes - de gustibus non est disputandum.
This is why I didn't make a response to Aconite at all. Sure, her
opinion's extreme, but I assume it's about the music. I stated my
opinion of the same for the record, and let that be that.

Jodi's attack, however, was clearly levelled at the people who _make_
the music, just as it was last time. That takes us out of the realms of
aesthetic judgement (where one opinion is as valid as another, and IMO
should be respected as such) and into the realms of ad hominem insult
(where if you start on my friends I'll do something about it).

Sorry to prolong this, Jodi, but clarification was in order.

Neil Ternent

Sep 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/13/97

from Arron c/o Boyabo...@msn.com

Jodi Quinn <jodi....@man.ac.uk> wrote in article
<3419A8...@man.ac.uk>...

Oh, give it a rest... this whole slag thing is obviously entirely personal.

The TV were excellent, and very funny when i saw them in Notts., and that
was ages ago.

Met the singer buying new boots beforehand. Eminently likeable chap.

How's that for a non-biased opinion?

Arron.

<new to this, and haven't decided on a cr*p signature yet.>

New Aeon Books

Sep 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/13/97

In article <3419A8...@man.ac.uk>, Jodi Quinn <jodi....@man.ac.uk>
writes

>Jealous wannabes?!?!?!?!?
>
>Brett and I were goths when you were in short pants.

So, you were goths when Dene was in short pants eh.... big deal...
I've been on the Goth scene since 1982 and to be perfectly honest, I've
seen that quite a few of the 'newer' goths have a far better attitude
than most of the alleged 'old timers'. How long you've been on the scene
doesn't matter in the slightest. It's your 'I'm older that you' elitist
crap that puts newcomers off in the first place.
As to comments about Psycho TV, I live with dene and howard and I can
tell you that I've never seen anyone who puts as much effort into the
creation of something new as those two. Whether you like them or not is
irrelevant.
I know full well that when they are not on stage, the pair of them are
completely different. We all love to see a good band really giving it
some stick on stage, and we all know that for the most part, it is a
facade.
--
Ming
(kidnapping the computer at New Aeon Books, the 'poor man's cybercafe')

Antony Johnston

Sep 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/15/97

Mel <bl...@spamless.mel.cix.co.uk> bleated:

> In fact it seems to me that many of the modern goth bands are very
> inconsistent,

we're not. we're always crap. =!>

PS: the man in the orange shirt is *really* looking forward to gigging
again. honest.

Eleanor, the Megaflow Junkie

Sep 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/18/97

On Wed, 10 Sep 1997 08:10:51 -0700, Aconite <aco...@dial.pipex.com>
wrote:

>> * Oh yeah, also looking for artwork for this issue, which'll be out just
>> before Whitby, and if you'd like to spill the beans on what you're going
>> to be wearing to the costume ball on Friday at Whitby, it'll be great
>> fodder for Eleanor (yes THE Eleanor), the decrepit fashion editor's
>> column.

>Who, if anyone, is bothering with this? I'm just wondering how many

>people (non-net.goths) know it's fancy dress, cause I wouldn't have know

>anything about it if it wasn't for this newsgroup.

I was originially planning to go as Catwoman along with a Poison Ivy
and an Harley Quinn as a triumvirate of dastardly bat-villains but
that one's off the cards now - and now I'm a bit stumped for ideas
(which could be something to do with just having finished
aforementioned article for Alexa....)

- Eleanor, THE MeGafLow JUnkiE

transgender: a tired label gender punk: a way of life >8^)
--
gothcode 3.1A: GoPS6CS7$Mu2 TZFeNr8 PPeSa B9/21BK"3z1 cBk(Dbr)p8 V7s
M3p3wD ZGoMePuFan C8o a27- n6 b54 H175 g6!0689A mEa2@Z6 w6LAT v1ER

Spirit

Sep 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/19/97

< snip >

> >> * Oh yeah, also looking for artwork for this issue, which'll be out just
> >> before Whitby, and if you'd like to spill the beans on what you're going
> >> to be wearing to the costume ball on Friday at Whitby, it'll be great
> >> fodder for Eleanor (yes THE Eleanor), the decrepit fashion editor's
> >> column.
> >
> >Who, if anyone, is bothering with this? I'm just wondering how many
> >people (non-net.goths) know it's fancy dress, cause I wouldn't have know
> >anything about it if it wasn't for this newsgroup.

< snip >

Yeh... back to the previous statement. WHO IS DOING THIS?
In Bristol... no-one seems to know of this. As theres only
a couple of us spoddy enough to be on UPG the word just hasn't
got around. The few people I have mentioned it to think I'm
mad... and they are going as their normal selves - which is
probably what I'll be doing ( so I lower the risk of turning
up in some fancey-dress - when everyone else is hardcore goth ).

Just wondering.

Looking forward to the Thursday night... and infact the Sunday
night. This will be quite an event - not quite worthy of
shaving the eye-brows and looking stupid in work for the next
month... but still quite nice all the same < laugh >

Spirit

Mel

Sep 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/20/97

| Count Von Sexbat ...

> Last year there were a few of us in fancy dress - why? - because we felt
> like it[1]. Did anyone care? I don't know, there were probably one or two
> sarcastic comments from people so bundled up in their own self doubt that
> they spent more time getting ready than getting drunk.

!!!

> I put it to you, that not to turn up dressed as a dead historical figure,
> some household product, or an animal of some sort is not the behaviour
> we are trying to foster. I will reluctatly have to terminate the contract
> of anyone who bottles out![2]

Household product? .... If I paint my vacuum cleaner black does that mean I'm a
got... er... witch?

*Mel!*

I absolutely refuse to dress up as a bottle of Shake'n'Vac.

New Domestos with a hint of garlic - kills all known V wannabe's er, dead.

Count Von Sexbat

Sep 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/20/97

In article <memo.1997092...@mel.compulink.co.uk>
bl...@spamless.mel.cix.co.uk "Mel" writes:

>> Last year there were a few of us in fancy dress - why? - because we felt
>> like it[1]. Did anyone care? I don't know, there were probably one or two
>> sarcastic comments from people so bundled up in their own self doubt that
>> they spent more time getting ready than getting drunk.
>
>!!!

No, in retrospect I don't know what I was talking about either...

>Household product? .... If I paint my vacuum cleaner black does that mean
>I'm a got... er... witch?

If you like.

/\../\

I'm a little worried about my caffeine intake, currently at 30x the daily
recommended dose. I can feel my blood pressure going boom boom boom,
see the shaking, hear the rush of the wind through the trees, I am going
to have to start drinking in order to get it back under control. Where's
my dogbolter vouchers?
--
/.\../.\ | Hearse-reversing, vodka-drinking slam-dancing
sexbat @ batt.demon.co.uk | caffeine-guzzling hair-spiking, Alice-being
| hardcore net.goth from hell(TM)
Aircrash Monthly ----> http://www.demon.co.uk/bat/aircrash

MixAftHack

Sep 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/21/97

>| Andrew Stoker ...
>
>> # Household product? .... If I paint my vacuum cleaner black does that mean
>I'm
>> # a got... er... witch?

What does a Vacuum cleaner and <inset band here>'s electric guitar have in
common?

They both suck when you plug them in.

Felidae

Sep 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/21/97

In article <34222d7...@news.ftech.net>,
god...@twisted.org.uk (The Girl who wanted to be God) wrote:

} And, of course, I guess the same people who arent dressing up
}are also not getting their pumkin carving skills out either??
}
I'm still having problems with sorting out a costume, however my carving
skills will be well displayed at Whitby. Having spent some Halloweens in
Boston and Salem, I'm well prepared (grin)

}Mmm, there were some BIG pumkins in Safeways already... ;)
}
Ah, thanks for the tip.

Felidae

Mel

Sep 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/21/97

| Andrew Stoker ...

> # Household product? .... If I paint my vacuum cleaner black does that mean I'm
> # a got... er... witch?
>

> Only if you fly through the sky on it :-)

But of course, it's not only black but it's /turbo/ too! There are of course three
major problems...

- Too many vampire wannabe's clogging up the flightpath corridors.
- All cats (whether black or not) hate vacuum cleaners.
- I need a longer mains lead.

Antony Johnston

Sep 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/22/97

Count Von Sexbat <Sex...@batt.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> I'm a little worried about my caffeine intake, currently at 30x the daily
> recommended dose.

erm...just what *is* the d.r.dose?

PS: the man in the orange shirt is not worried about his caffeine intake
at all. no, sir. he always shakes like that when he sits down.

Jennie Kermode

Sep 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/22/97

In article <1997092200...@mostlyblack.demon.co.uk>
ant...@mostlyblack.demon.co.uk.SPAMBLOCK "Antony Johnston" writes:

> Count Von Sexbat <Sex...@batt.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > I'm a little worried about my caffeine intake, currently at 30x the daily
> > recommended dose.
>
> erm...just what *is* the d.r.dose?

It depends how strong you make your coffee, but I believe the
official medical stance is that sixty average cups in twenty four hours will
kill you. Caffeine is like heroin, one of those drugs where you need more each
time to get a hit but the fatal dose never changes.

Jennie

(sitting at the computer with her glass of bru)

--
Jennie Kermode jen...@innocent.com
Gothcode 3.0A:- GoAu7$CS3 TGlTgFeNr9 PMoRSg B20/48Bk"3 cBk9

Dreamdisciples

Sep 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/24/97

Jennie Kermode wrote:

> It depends how strong you make your coffee, but I believe the
> official medical stance is that sixty average cups in twenty four hours will
> kill you. Caffeine is like heroin, one of those drugs where you need more each
> time to get a hit but the fatal dose never changes.
>
> Jennie
> What is an average cup of coffee? I'm on about 14-20 cups a day and I always take 1+1/2 heaped tea spoons if average is 1 teaspoon I must be going to have a f"£$ing heart attack! WHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiizzzzzzzz

Co (ugh)l

Caleb

Sep 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/24/97

Jennie Kermode wrote:

> Caffeine is like heroin, one of those drugs where you need more each
> time to get a hit but the fatal dose never changes.

I don't know about caffeine, but that's absolutely not true for
heroin... the ratio of 'hit' dose to lethal dose may become smaller, but
LD does increase with tolerance... addicts have occasionally been known
to take doses well above the LD for the average non-tolerant person, and
survive.

I don't think anyone's likely to accidentally approach the LD for
caffeine by drinking coffee... you might if you necked a massive amount
of ProPlus in one go, but I would guess that you'd start feeling really
ill way before you'd drunk enough coffee to kill you.

Caleb

http://www.darkwave.org.uk/~caleb
Triturus newts, Pool frogs (Rana lessonae)

Count Von Sexbat

Sep 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/24/97

In article <342967...@unndotac.uk> c.l...@unndotac.uk "Caleb" writes:
>I don't think anyone's likely to accidentally approach the LD for
>caffeine by drinking coffee... you might if you necked a massive amount
>of ProPlus in one go, but I would guess that you'd start feeling really
>ill way before you'd drunk enough coffee to kill you.

The real problem is that the illness one feels tends to be the sort of
tired shakyness that one normally clears with a good hot mug of gold blend!

////\../\

Hester Duffy

Sep 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/24/97

Count Von Sexbat (Sex...@batt.demon.co.uk) wrote:

*grin* But if you're approaching LD of caffeiene, you'd spill most of said
Gold Blend down your front before you got it halfway to your mouth...
Unless you usually drink coffee through a straw?

Ryszard Boryna

Sep 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/24/97

Count Von Sexbat <Sex...@batt.demon.co.uk> wrote
> The real problem is that the illness one feels tends to be the sort of
> tired shakyness that one normally clears with a good hot mug of gold
blend!

_Good_ instant coffee? Nah, not possible.

Ryszard

Count Von Sexbat

Sep 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/24/97

In article <60b5t0$1f4$1...@netty.york.ac.uk>
hesd101....@york.ac.uk "Hester Duffy" writes:

>*grin* But if you're approaching LD of caffeiene, you'd spill most of said
>Gold Blend down your front before you got it halfway to your mouth...
>Unless you usually drink coffee through a straw?

Nah, I just snort it straight from the jar...

Count Von Sexbat

Sep 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/24/97

In article <01bcc8f4$a185b0c0$LocalHost@henrycru>
rbo...@btinternet.com "Ryszard Boryna" writes:

>_Good_ instant coffee? Nah, not possible.

That's how you tell a coffee snob from a coffee addict - some of us need
the instant coffee to get our hearts started for long enough to fill the
espresso pot.

In the summer I like jolt
In the autumn I like jolt
In the spring I like jolt
In the winter I like warm jolt

/\../\

Jennie Kermode

Sep 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/24/97

In article <875110...@batt.demon.co.uk>

My ex-flatmate Steve, after experimenting with smoking coffee, decided
that the best method involved mixing it with nutella and eating it off toast.

Jennie

whit...@whitby02.demon.co.uk

Sep 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/25/97

Count Von Sexbat <Sex...@batt.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>I put it to you, that not to turn up dressed as a dead historical figure,
>some household product, or an animal of some sort is not the behaviour
>we are trying to foster. I will reluctatly have to terminate the contract
>of anyone who bottles out![2]
>
>/\../\

Hoorah! Well said!!!
In case there hasn't yet been an answer to Spirit's question.
The fancy dress competition is mentioned both on the Whitby Web Site and
in the info pack that got mailed to about 2,000 ppl at the beginning of
the year. It seems I move in much wackier circles as just about everyone I
know is coming in fancy dress- hell even some of the performing bands
are!!!!cos I wrote it in their contracts ha!ha!)

Whitby is all about 'comedy Goth', not giving a fuck what anyone else
thinks about how you look and basically getting ppl to take their head out
of their arses for 3 days - I guess the kind of ppl who are so 'hardcore'
that they won't join in are the same ones that miss out on the greatest
bits of Whitby - sancastle building, scavanger hunting and the like.......

Ah well you can't say I don't try.......................

Jo

Hester Duffy

Sep 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/25/97

Count Von Sexbat (Sex...@batt.demon.co.uk) wrote:
: hesd101....@york.ac.uk "Hester Duffy" writes:

: >*grin* But if you're approaching LD of caffeiene, you'd spill most of said
: >Gold Blend down your front before you got it halfway to your mouth...
: >Unless you usually drink coffee through a straw?

: Nah, I just snort it straight from the jar...

*swoon* What a man.... *grin*

Paul Crowley

Sep 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/25/97

whit...@whitby02.demon.co.uk writes:
> Whitby is all about 'comedy Goth', not giving a fuck what anyone else
> thinks about how you look and basically getting ppl to take their head out
> of their arses for 3 days - I guess the kind of ppl who are so 'hardcore'
> that they won't join in are the same ones that miss out on the greatest
> bits of Whitby - sancastle building, scavanger hunting and the like.......

Some of us are just very lazy/unimaginative/skint/crap at making
costumes. I've had this vague awareness for months that if I wanted a
costume I should have started already. Now I think it'd take a visit
from the Costume Fairy to sort me out.
__
\/ o\ pa...@hedonism.demon.co.uk \ /
/\__/ Paul Crowley -+- DATA IS SACRED /~\

Mel

Sep 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/25/97

| Paul Crowley ...

> Some of us are just very lazy/unimaginative/skint/crap at making
> costumes. I've had this vague awareness for months that if I wanted a
> costume I should have started already. Now I think it'd take a visit
> from the Costume Fairy to sort me out.

Must admit I'm having trouble myself. I need kit that I'll only ever
wear the once, and no-one seems to have what I want to borrow, and I'm
loath to spend money. But then if I went as myself some wag on the
Saturday would say "but I though fancy dress was on the Friday only".

*Mel!*

Due to our policy for continual improvement opinions expressed here are
liable to change without notice.

Ryszard Boryna

Sep 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/25/97

Count Von Sexbat <Sex...@batt.demon.co.uk> wrote
> In article <01bcc8f4$a185b0c0$LocalHost@henrycru>
> rbo...@btinternet.com "Ryszard Boryna" writes:
>
> >_Good_ instant coffee? Nah, not possible.
>
> That's how you tell a coffee snob from a coffee addict - some of us need

Damn, spotted me! :)

> the instant coffee to get our hearts started for long enough to fill the
> espresso pot.
>
> In the summer I like jolt

Ever tried Red Bull? Absolutely marvellous for those "Oh my god, I've drunk
far too much and am about to fall over sideways" moments. A couple of cans
of that and I'm normally clinging to the ceiling by my fingernails.

Ryszard

Jodi Quinn

Sep 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/25/97

Count Von Sexbat wrote:

> That's how you tell a coffee snob from a coffee addict - some of us need
> the instant coffee to get our hearts started for long enough to fill the
> espresso pot.

I feel better now - I thought I was the only one who does that!

Jodi

Phil Davey

Sep 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/25/97

In article <875194...@batt.demon.co.uk>,
Count Von Sexbat <Sex...@batt.demon.co.uk> writes:
> In article <01bcc9ac$64c4aca0$LocalHost@henrycru>

> rbo...@btinternet.com "Ryszard Boryna" writes:
>>Ever tried Red Bull? Absolutely marvellous for those "Oh my god, I've drunk
>>far too much and am about to fall over sideways" moments. A couple of cans
>>of that and I'm normally clinging to the ceiling by my fingernails.
>
> It's a bit girly...

...and it tastes like medicine.

I'm quite happy with Jolt myself, except I can only find it in cans[1] and
not 2-3 litre bottles.

Somebody round here mentioned a drink called Indigo(?) but I've never seen
it anywhere.

[1] I will be bringing a very limited supply with me to Whitby.

--
Phil [E-mail p...@mole.bio.cam.ac.uk]
If you are not familiar with Usenet news that's okay because most people

Count Von Sexbat

Sep 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/25/97

@henrycru>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 97 13:34:21 GMT

In article <01bcc9ac$64c4aca0$LocalHost@henrycru>
rbo...@btinternet.com "Ryszard Boryna" writes:

>Ever tried Red Bull? Absolutely marvellous for those "Oh my god, I've drunk
>far too much and am about to fall over sideways" moments. A couple of cans
>of that and I'm normally clinging to the ceiling by my fingernails.

It's a bit girly...

Tom Sulston

Sep 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/25/97

On 25 Sep 1997, Ryszard Boryna wrote:

>>> In the summer I like jolt
>>

>>Ever tried Red Bull? Absolutely marvellous for those "Oh my god, I've drunk
>>far too much and am about to fall over sideways" moments. A couple of cans
>>of that and I'm normally clinging to the ceiling by my fingernails.

Every had Red Bull and vodka? It rocks. :)

+---Tom Sulston --------------------------------+
| Gatekeeper of Hallucenogenic Visions at |
| http://www.warwick.ac.uk/~bsumq/index.html |

Tails

Sep 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/25/97

In article <Pine.SOL.3.95.970925175825.10847G-100000@crocus>, Tom
Sulston <bs...@csv.warwick.ac.uk> writes

>On 25 Sep 1997, Ryszard Boryna wrote:
>Every had Red Bull and vodka? It rocks. :)

One upon a time, Lucozade and Vodka was a really good recipe to
become psychotic.

Tails.x
*B;-}

Dreamdisciples

Sep 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/25/97

Ryszard Boryna wrote:

> Count Von Sexbat <Sex...@batt.demon.co.uk> wrote
> > In article <01bcc8f4$a185b0c0$LocalHost@henrycru>
> > rbo...@btinternet.com "Ryszard Boryna" writes:
> >
> > >_
> > the instant coffee to get our hearts started for long enough to fill the
> > espresso pot.
> >
> > In the summer I like jolt
>
> Ever tried Red Bull? Absolutely marvellous for those "Oh my god, I've drunk
> far too much and am about to fall over sideways" moments. A couple of cans
> of that and I'm normally clinging to the ceiling by my fingernails.
>
> Ryszard

Is this the Swiss stuff? apparently the Swiss Red Bull has some shit in
it that's banned over here that is , apparently great with vodka!

A coffee story:

We had been playing in Kiel in the north of Germany a couple of tours
ago and we had a gig the following night in Winterthur (near Zurich)
some 1200 km away!!!!
After the gig I was on the short straw for first drive, so before I get
in the van I'm thinking," fuck me, this is going to be a nightmare drive
I'm going to load up on caffeine so's I can last my shift!
I scoffed 6 double brewed large perc coffee about 4 pro plus and about 6
or 7 bits of caffeine chocolate, kola, I think it's called... each bits
the same as a cup of coffee....
And started to drive....
About half an hour later As we were charging down the autobahn I noticed
that I had pins and needles all down my left arm... my breath was really
short and I could barely sit still in the drivers seat, I really thought
my heart was going to burst.

The caffeine in my system wore off 7 hours later in a petrol station and
it was as if someone had turned off a switch.. click....KO, I had
covered 700 Km.
We left Kiel at about 1 in the morning , We arrived at the Swiss border
at about 12 midday.... just in time for a full cavity by the Swiss
fascist customs.

Col

Ryszard Boryna

Sep 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/25/97

Count Von Sexbat <Sex...@batt.demon.co.uk> wrote
> In article <01bcc9ac$64c4aca0$LocalHost@henrycru>
> rbo...@btinternet.com "Ryszard Boryna" writes:
>
> >Ever tried Red Bull? Absolutely marvellous for those "Oh my god, I've
drunk
> >far too much and am about to fall over sideways" moments. A couple of
cans
> >of that and I'm normally clinging to the ceiling by my fingernails.
>
> It's a bit girly...

So? You haven't seen me Sliming, have you? *tee hee*

Ryszard

Antony Johnston

Sep 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/25/97

<whit...@whitby02.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> I guess the kind of ppl who are so 'hardcore'
> that they won't join in

ahem! some of us don't have the time or money. Judge Not.

PS: the man in the orange shirt will not be in fancy dress at whitby.
unless someone is willing to lend him an orange suit, of course.

Giolla Decair

Sep 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/25/97

previously Jennie Kermode may have written article <874950...@skinner.demon.co.uk> saying:

>In article <1997092200...@mostlyblack.demon.co.uk>
> ant...@mostlyblack.demon.co.uk.SPAMBLOCK "Antony Johnston" writes:
>> Count Von Sexbat <Sex...@batt.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>> > I'm a little worried about my caffeine intake, currently at 30x the daily
>> > recommended dose.
>> erm...just what *is* the d.r.dose?
> It depends how strong you make your coffee, but I believe the
>official medical stance is that sixty average cups in twenty four hours will
>kill you. Caffeine is like heroin, one of those drugs where you need more each

>time to get a hit but the fatal dose never changes.

Phew I'm ok for a bit then,any idea wht strength coffee that is
though? How many cups of double espresso does that equate to?

Only on my 4th cup so far today.
--
Giolla Decair ____
"Broken inside now our hearts lost forever \ _/__

Hester Duffy

Sep 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/25/97

Jennie Kermode (jen...@innocent.com) wrote:

: sex...@batt.demon.co.uk.removeme "Count Von Sexbat" writes:

: > Nah, I just snort it straight from the jar...

: >
: My ex-flatmate Steve, after experimenting with smoking coffee, decided

: that the best method involved mixing it with nutella and eating it off toast.

Used coffee grounds are perfectly edible, and even quite nice, in a kind
of a gritty way... However, I think chocolate-covered-coffee-beans have it
all tied up for caffeiene highs...
I wonder if they'd go well with coffee-flavoured tobacco roll-ups?

(And a nice cup of coffee, obviously...)

Whisky Dave

Sep 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/26/97

P Kinsler <ph1...@stoat.shef.ac.uk> wrote in article
<60fta0$e8t$1...@bignews.shef.ac.uk>...

> Tom Sulston (bs...@csv.warwick.ac.uk) wrote:
> : Every had Red Bull and vodka? It rocks. :)
>

> Why are you diluting your vodka?
> --

'Diluting' in this case doesn't necessariliy make it less potent, although
I prefer Vodka and whisky straight mixing them with coke or other fizzy
drink makes them work quicker as the carbon dioxide helps diffise (if
that's the right word) the alcohol into the blood stream which afterall is
what we all want :-)

I tried Red Bull in 1993 a present from Austrai as it was banned in this
country and was about to be banned in Austria. Maybe they've takemn an
ingriediant out to make it' safer.

Soliare

Sep 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/26/97

In article <875127...@skinner.demon.co.uk>,
jen...@innocent.com writes:
>In article <875110...@batt.demon.co.uk>

> sex...@batt.demon.co.uk.removeme "Count Von Sexbat" writes:
>
>> In article <60b5t0$1f4$1...@netty.york.ac.uk>

>> hesd101....@york.ac.uk "Hester Duffy" writes:
>>
>> >*grin* But if you're approaching LD of caffeiene, you'd spill most of said
>> >Gold Blend down your front before you got it halfway to your mouth...
>> >Unless you usually drink coffee through a straw?
>>
>> Nah, I just snort it straight from the jar...
>>
> My ex-flatmate Steve, after experimenting with smoking coffee, decided
>that the best method involved mixing it with nutella and eating it off toast.

Pity Nutella is so awful, perhaps marmite could work?

Soliare

Count Von Sexbat

Sep 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/26/97

In article <01bcca5c$9f2c16c0$572c...@karl.genesyslab.co.uk>
ka...@genesyslab.co.uk "Karl" writes:

>> Why are you diluting your vodka?
>

>Maybe Because:
>a) it tastes bloody awful
>b) it tastes terrible

Serves you right for buying cheap vodka!

emma

Sep 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/26/97

lyssa informs:

>All the local chives [2]
>[2] Local parlance - see 'Casuals', 'Scallies'

oooh i like that, chives - skinny, green & bitter - sounds about right.
the geordie equivalent is 'chavas' [sp?] and when i was much younger [in
nottm] it was 'shades'... although 'neds' is still my fave.

ramblerambledribblethorahurd

love,
emma

P Kinsler

Sep 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/26/97

Tom Sulston (bs...@csv.warwick.ac.uk) wrote:
: Every had Red Bull and vodka? It rocks. :)

Why are you diluting your vodka?
--
#Paul, who has been know to mix bison-grass vodka with apple juice.
------------------------------+soluble fish+------------------------------

Ryszard Boryna

Sep 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/26/97

Dreamdisciples <disc...@dreamdisciples.demon.co.uk>
> [Red Bull]

> Is this the Swiss stuff? apparently the Swiss Red Bull has some shit in
> it that's banned over here that is , apparently great with vodka!

Hmm, hadn't heard of that before. Any idea what the stuff in it is?

'Round these parts a Red Bull and vodka goes under the name of a raging
bull. Just don't overdo it on the vodka! Works well with tequila as well.

> About half an hour later As we were charging down the autobahn I noticed
> that I had pins and needles all down my left arm... my breath was really
> short and I could barely sit still in the drivers seat, I really thought
> my heart was going to burst.

Ooh, sounds like caffeine poisoning. I start to trip if I manage to get to
that stage, which has made for some _very_ interesting late-night sessions
at work!

Ryszard

Ryszard Boryna

Sep 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/26/97

P Kinsler <ph1...@stoat.shef.ac.uk> wrote in article
<60fta0$e8t$1...@bignews.shef.ac.uk>...
> Why are you diluting your vodka?

Two methods of vodka drinking:

1) Quiet night in
Buy a bottle of Wyborowa (or even better still, get someone to bring back
some of the 40% stuff from Poland). Stick it in the freezer. Once syrupy
relax with a video and drink neat shots.

2) Slimelight Special
Buy the cheapest diluted industrial ethanol you can find (supermarket
own-brand is normally fine). Add something strongly flavoured to it (e.g.
blackcurrant!). Drink the lot. May taste foul, but gets you nicely blasted
for just over 7quid.

Bear in mind that I was recently called an anorexic alcoholic...

Ryszard
(The author takes no responsibility for loss or damage that may occur as a
result of trying any of the above)

Count Von Sexbat

Sep 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/26/97

In article <01bcc9d6$d001e260$LocalHost@henrycru>
rbo...@btinternet.com "Ryszard Boryna" writes:

>> It's a bit girly...
>
>So?

The key element here is *it* is a bit girly.

Count Von Sexbat

Sep 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/26/97

0...@mostlyblack.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 97 08:00:17 GMT

In article <1997092519...@mostlyblack.demon.co.uk>
ant...@mostlyblack.demon.co.uk.SPAMBLOCK "Antony Johnston" writes:

><whit...@whitby02.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> I guess the kind of ppl who are so 'hardcore'
>> that they won't join in
>
>ahem! some of us don't have the time or money. Judge Not.

1 Sheet
1 Lamp Shade
1 Eyeliner Pencil
Some wool
1 dressing gown
sticks and stuff collected from the woods
gaffa tape

10 minutes drunken rush in the bathroom before leaving and you can come
as...

An advert for Ikea?
Arthur Dent
A dead tree
A lamp (if you are very thin)
Civis Romanus Et

HellSpawn

Sep 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/26/97
to got...@netcity-Spam-free.adolescents-.co.uk

I will be bringing a lot of Indigio (and absynth) to whitby.
You can buy some from me there.
Got a scanned pic of you....I'll find you

It is loading more messages.