Payment from overseas?

PHIL

Dec 15, 2008, 1:54:15 AM12/15/08
Hi Guys

I received this question today...

"will you take a money order from the post office?"

but the guy lives in the US and I'm worried that I'll be charged a
commission on any type of fund he sends over.

1. What's the best way to accept money from overseas
2. What type of payments should I avoid?

I have a business bank account the money will go into if that makes a
difference.

Phil

Niel J Humphreys

Dec 15, 2008, 2:10:21 AM12/15/08
"PHIL" <pb...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Given that it is likely he will end up sending you a money order in $US
(dumb yanks) I'd only accept Paypal if I were you.
--

Niel H
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Snowdon-Computers

Peter Crosland

Dec 15, 2008, 3:25:36 AM12/15/08

Insist on PayPal because a money order will almost certainly be in US
dollars and incur bank charges to convert it.

Peter Crosland

Message has been deleted

Grimly Curmudgeon

Dec 25, 2008, 11:19:07 AM12/25/08
drugs began to take hold. I remember PHIL <pb...@hotmail.com> saying
something like:

>"will you take a money order from the post office?"
>
>but the guy lives in the US and I'm worried that I'll be charged a
>commission on any type of fund he sends over.
>
>1. What's the best way to accept money from overseas

Inform the sender to have his bank issue a Sterling draft which will be
drawn against a UK bank. His local Bank of Bumfuck, Idaho, might have to
arrange it via head office, but it's perfectly do-able.