Paypal can't impound for 21 days then

1 view

Niel J Humphreys

Jun 7, 2008, 11:23:07 AM6/7/08
Not under UK law by the looks of it. Each time the do they leave themselves
wide open to a £360 charge by the FSA is sellers start to file claims for
obfuscation.

http://www.ukauctionhelp.co.uk/ppchargeback.php

If this is correct (makes interesting reading anyway) then Paypal can end up
with lots of little charges if only every seller wa aware of this.

Certainly next time I have funds suspended or charged back I will be testing
this little nugget of information. :)

--

Niel H

The Older Gentleman

Jun 7, 2008, 11:31:40 AM6/7/08

Very interesting. Bookmarked.

--
BMW K1100LT Ducati 750SS Honda CB400F, SL125 & SH50 Yamaha XT600E
chateau dot murray at idnet dot com

Fran

Jun 7, 2008, 11:50:38 AM6/7/08

"Niel J Humphreys" <ad...@sznzozwzdzoznzczozmzpzuztzezrzs.co.uk> wrote in
message news:rbydnVGJv-V9OtfV...@pipex.net...

Bookmarked and copied. Good on ya, mate.

Niel J Humphreys

Jun 7, 2008, 1:13:27 PM6/7/08
"Niel J Humphreys" <ad...@sznzozwzdzoznzczozmzpzuztzezrzs.co.uk> wrote in
message news:rbydnVGJv-V9OtfV...@pipex.net...

Someone just updated the thread I found that one which substantiates what
the website says:

"Paypal are a provider of credit. As soon as the buyers money arrives in
your Paypal account it is legally yours (unless it is a case of fraud). End
of story. If the buyer's bank is overdrawn etc and Paypal don't get their
money they are supposed to chase the buyer for their money... NOT take it
back off the seller. By doing this, they are getting you, the seller, to
chase the buyer for them.

You are also allowed to charge Paypal interest on the money they illegally
swiped from your Paypal account.

Paypal know what they are doing is against the law but until enough people
complain, they will just keep on doing it because it saves them money and
staff hours."

I am no lawyer but Peter P, if you're reading this, does this sound credible
to you?

--

Niel H

Road_Hog

Jun 7, 2008, 2:29:16 PM6/7/08

"Niel J Humphreys" <ad...@sznzozwzdzoznzczozmzpzuztzezrzs.co.uk> wrote in
message news:rbydnVGJv-V9OtfV...@pipex.net...

Yep, paypal pay out and then close your paypal account.

(not quite so) Fat Sam

Jun 7, 2008, 3:52:03 PM6/7/08

Makes for interesting reading, and seriously knocks my confidence in
PayPal's integrity - as if it wasn't low enough already.
But I do find myself wondering if the FSA actually have any clout over
PayPal now that they've shifted heir base of operations out of the UK.

--
http://www.SavePentney.co.uk
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Save-Pentney

Appelation Controlee

Jun 9, 2008, 2:38:09 AM6/9/08
On Sat, 7 Jun 2008 20:52:03 +0100, (not quite so) Fat Sam wrote:

-------------------8><

> But I do find myself wondering if the FSA actually have any clout over
> PayPal now that they've shifted heir base of operations out of the UK.

I don't think Luxembourg qualifies as being offshore.

Roland Perry

Jun 9, 2008, 5:26:33 AM6/9/08
In message <1btw47r8mbrw8.6...@40tude.net>, at 07:38:09 on
Mon, 9 Jun 2008, Appelation Controlee <m...@privacy.net> remarked:

>> But I do find myself wondering if the FSA actually have any clout over
>> PayPal now that they've shifted heir base of operations out of the UK.
>
>I don't think Luxembourg qualifies as being offshore.

It's simpler than that: PayPal are voluntary members of the scheme, and
if they resigned (eg in protest at getting too many judgements against
them) the damage to the ordinary public's perception of their image
could be severe.
--
Roland Perry