RFD: uk.people.chavs

Paul Smith

Mar 31, 2006, 6:01:00 PM3/31/06

REQUEST FOR DISCUSSION (RFD)

This is a formal Request For Discussion (RFD) for the following changes
in the uk.* Usenet hierarchy:

create unmoderated newsgroup uk.people.chavs

Newsgroup line:
uk.people.chavs advC n ch@ 4t yungA gNR8N

*** ALL DISCUSSION MUST TAKE PLACE IN UK.NET.NEWS.CONFIG ***

This is not a Call for Votes (CFV); you cannot vote at this time.
Further procedural details are given below.

RATIONALE: uk.people.chavs

D silversurfers av their grp. f we cnt av r own we'll nick
theirs. Or trash it n set it on fyr.

CHARTER: uk.people.chavs
uk.people.chavs isa 4rum 4t discussion of matters relating 2
Chavs, Hoodies, Neds, Townies, Kevs, Charvers, Steeks, Spides,
Bazzas, Yarcos, Ratboys, Kappa Slappers, Skangers, Scutters,
Janners, Stigs, Scallies, Hood Rats or WE UNo us as. Britain's
peasant underclass dat r takN ovr ur towns n cities!

We welcom D uz of txt msg styl.

D:-) caps, branded sportswear, "bling" jewellery (esp hoopy
earrings n sovereign rings) as wel as r fav, Burberry, r most
def on topic. spell aint impt.

Advertising

Advertising S 4bidN.
Mention of http://www.chavscum.co.uk/ S strictly 4bidN.

Binaries & Formatting

Encoded binaries (e.g. pix, compressed files, etc.) r 4bidN.
Such material belngs on a web or FTP site 2 wich a pointer may B
postD. Cryptographic signatures (e.g. PGP) may B uzd whr
authentication S impt n shd B as short as posbL.

END CHARTER

PROCEDURE:

This is a request for discussion, not a call for votes. In this phase of
the process, any potential problems with the proposal should be raised
and resolved. The discussion period will continue for a minimum of 10
days, starting from when this RFD is posted to uk.net.news.announce
(i.e. until April 12th) after which a Call For Votes (CFV) may be
posted by a neutral vote taker if the discussion warrants it.
Alternatively, the proposal may proceed by the fast-track method. Please
do not attempt to vote until this happens.

This RFD attempts to comply fully with the "Guidelines for Group Creation
within the UK Hierarchy" as published regularly in uk.net.news.announce
and is available from http://www.usenet.org.uk/guidelines.html (the UK
Usenet website). Please refer to this document if you have any questions
about the process.

DISTRIBUTION:

This RFD has been posted to the following newsgroups:
uk.net.news.announce
uk.net.news.config

Proponent:
Paul Smith <pjcsmith (at) iname.com>

Oz

Apr 1, 2006, 1:45:19 AM4/1/06
Paul Smith <pjcs...@com.iname.invalid> writes

> create unmoderated newsgroup uk.people.chavs
>
>Newsgroup line:
>uk.people.chavs advC n ch@ 4t yungA gNR8N

Absolutely splendid!

Imagine the flame wars!

My only concern is that 'chav' is already somewhat dated and after a few
years will be as revolutionary as 'rocker'.

--
Oz

Paul Harper

Apr 1, 2006, 3:17:03 AM4/1/06
On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 00:01:00 +0100 (BST), Paul Smith
<pjcs...@com.iname.invalid> wrote:

> create unmoderated newsgroup uk.people.chavs
>
>Newsgroup line:
>uk.people.chavs advC n ch@ 4t yungA gNR8N
>

> *** ALL DISCUSSION MUST TAKE PLACE IN UK.NET.NEWS.CONFIG ***
>
>This is not a Call for Votes (CFV); you cannot vote at this time.
>Further procedural details are given below.
>
>RATIONALE: uk.people.chavs
>
>D silversurfers av their grp. f we cnt av r own we'll nick
>theirs. Or trash it n set it on fyr.

Superb idea, and gets my support for a hierarchy start as well.

uk.people.chavs.stilettos
uk.people.chavs.stilettos.white
uk.people.chavs.stilettos.male

... and the like. Fast track supported.

Paul.
--
. Bill Maher: "Tulips aren't flowers, they're gay onions"
. A .sig is all well and good, but it's no substitute for a personality

Tony

Apr 1, 2006, 4:40:19 AM4/1/06
Paul Harper wrote:

> On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 00:01:00 +0100 (BST), Paul Smith
> <pjcs...@com.iname.invalid> wrote:
>
>> create unmoderated newsgroup uk.people.chavs

> Superb idea, and gets my support for a hierarchy start as well.
>
> uk.people.chavs.stilettos
> uk.people.chavs.stilettos.white
> uk.people.chavs.stilettos.male

uk.people.chavs.binaries.pictures.stilettos.female

but my favourite which I'm already writing an RFD for is,

uk.people.chavs.asbo.asbo.asbo

--
Tony Evans
Saving trees and wasting electrons since 1993

Paul Cummins

Apr 1, 2006, 4:41:00 AM4/1/06
In article <rfd1-uk.people.chavs-20060331184120$5a...@clerew.man.ac.uk>,
pjcs...@com.iname.invalid (Paul Smith) wrote:

> create unmoderated newsgroup uk.people.chavs
>
> Newsgroup line:
> uk.people.chavs advC n ch@ 4t yungA gNR8N

I sprt ths grp n mite use it.

--
Paul Cummins - Always a NetHead
Wasting Bandwidth since 1981

Message has been deleted

Flying Rat

Apr 1, 2006, 7:08:30 AM4/1/06
In article <rfd1-uk.people.chavs-20060331184120$5a...@clerew.man.ac.uk>,
Paul Smith says...

> D silversurfers av their grp. f we cnt av r own we'll nick
> theirs. Or trash it n set it on fyr.

my money is on the Silversurfers. No pikey chavscum invasion would last
long in there!

FR

Tickettyboo

Apr 1, 2006, 11:10:48 AM4/1/06
In news:MPG.1e987d943...@news.readfreenews.net,
Flying Rat whispered softly in my ear...:

Nah, no kudos at the annual troll convention if all you can claim is 'I
trolled the old fogeys'
:-)

--
Ticketty᧧

Wm...

Apr 1, 2006, 12:28:22 PM4/1/06
Sat, 1 Apr 2006 13:08:30
<MPG.1e987d943...@news.readfreenews.net> uk.net.news.config
Flying Rat <m...@privacy.net>

Chav-rep: [sometime around 15h00] Morning
Silversurfers-rep: Hi there
C: go ne gear?
S: ?
C: giro stop, py nxt wk, 4sho
S: ?
C: CU @ th SW carpk, we cn tk a ride
S: ok

uh oh :)

--
Wm ...

Message has been deleted

kat

Apr 1, 2006, 5:40:18 PM4/1/06
In news:2n88QFC2grLEFwH9@[127.0.0.1],
Wm... <tcn...@blackhole.do-not-spam.me.uk> said

> Sat, 1 Apr 2006 13:08:30
> <MPG.1e987d943...@news.readfreenews.net> uk.net.news.config
> Flying Rat <m...@privacy.net>
>
>> In article
>> <rfd1-uk.people.chavs-20060331184120$5a...@clerew.man.ac.uk>, Paul
>> Smith says...
>>> D silversurfers av their grp. f we cnt av r own we'll nick
>>> theirs. Or trash it n set it on fyr.
>>>
>> my money is on the Silversurfers. No pikey chavscum invasion would
>> last long in there!
>
> Chav-rep: [sometime around 15h00] Morning
> Silversurfers-rep: Hi there
> C: go ne gear?
> S: ?
> C: giro stop, py nxt wk, 4sho
> S: ?
> C: CU @ th SW carpk, we cn tk a ride
> S: ok
>
> uh oh :)

Any silversurfer with a mobile phone and children/grandchildren will likely
understand that easily enough. And be bored enough to ignore it.:-)

--
kat
>^..^<

James Farrar

kat

Apr 1, 2006, 6:06:05 PM4/1/06
In news:091u22l09ssfmg3tf...@4ax.com,
James Farrar <james.s...@gmail.com> said

> I object to this group on the grounds of lack of English.

Really? I thought most chavs were.:-)

--
kat
>^..^<

Robert Sneddon

Apr 1, 2006, 6:39:40 PM4/1/06
In message <498faoF...@individual.net>, kat <kat....@ntlworld.com>
writes

Anglo-saxon, and they should go back to where they came from. Bloody
foreigners.
--
To reply, my gmail address is nojay1 Robert Sneddon

Wm...

Apr 1, 2006, 6:37:40 PM4/1/06
Sun, 2 Apr 2006 00:06:05 <498faoF...@individual.net>
uk.net.news.config kat <kat....@ntlworld.com>

I think he might be making the point that there are chavs in wales,
scotland and ireland too.

Wm...

Apr 1, 2006, 7:17:08 PM4/1/06
Sun, 2 Apr 2006 00:39:40 <96xBakg8...@nospam.demon.co.uk>
uk.net.news.config Robert Sneddon <fr...@nospam.demon.co.uk>

>In message <498faoF...@individual.net>, kat <kat....@ntlworld.com>
>writes
>>In news:091u22l09ssfmg3tf...@4ax.com,
>>James Farrar <james.s...@gmail.com> said
>>> I object to this group on the grounds of lack of English.
>>
>>Really? I thought most chavs were.:-)
>
> Anglo-saxon, and they should go back to where they came from. Bloody
>foreigners.

Oh! Where is that? The bit of the UK you like least?

Oz

Apr 2, 2006, 4:08:04 AM4/2/06
Wm... <tcn...@blackhole.do-not-spam.me.uk> writes

>Sun, 2 Apr 2006 00:39:40 <96xBakg8...@nospam.demon.co.uk>
>uk.net.news.config Robert Sneddon <fr...@nospam.demon.co.uk>
>
>>In message <498faoF...@individual.net>, kat <kat....@ntlworld.com>
>>writes
>>>In news:091u22l09ssfmg3tf...@4ax.com,
>>>James Farrar <james.s...@gmail.com> said
>>>
>>>Really? I thought most chavs were.:-)
>>
>> Anglo-saxon, and they should go back to where they came from. Bloody
>>foreigners.
>
>Oh! Where is that? The bit of the UK you like least?

saxony would do....

Paul Harper

Apr 2, 2006, 5:29:35 AM4/2/06
On Sun, 2 Apr 2006 00:39:40 +0100, Robert Sneddon
<fr...@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>In message <498faoF...@individual.net>, kat <kat....@ntlworld.com>
>writes
>>In news:091u22l09ssfmg3tf...@4ax.com,
>>James Farrar <james.s...@gmail.com> said
>>> I object to this group on the grounds of lack of English.
>>
>>Really? I thought most chavs were.:-)
>
>Anglo-saxon, and they should go back to where they came from. Bloody
>foreigners.

Looking at this week's Radio Times, the BBC are planning a "Planet
Earth" special on Essex, with lots of lovely slow-motion helecopter
shots of the Chavs in their native environment of Southend sea-front
as they perform their mysterious and haunting (not in a good way)
mating rituals.

The huge container lorries of bling clogging the A12 form a natural
camoflage for them, so the effort in getting these shots has been
quite enormous. Well worth the price of the licence fee, for sure.

Ali Hopkins

Apr 2, 2006, 5:43:52 AM4/2/06

"Robert Sneddon" <fr...@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

> In message <498faoF...@individual.net>, kat <kat....@ntlworld.com>
> writes
>>In news:091u22l09ssfmg3tf...@4ax.com,
>>James Farrar <james.s...@gmail.com> said
>>> I object to this group on the grounds of lack of English.
>>
>>Really? I thought most chavs were.:-)
>
> Anglo-saxon, and they should go back to where they came from. Bloody
> foreigners.

Hear, hear. Middlesex for the Picts, I say.

Ali

Robert Sneddon

Apr 2, 2006, 6:43:54 AM4/2/06
In message <dpwYibIk...@farmeroz.port995.com>, Oz
<O...@farmeroz.port995.com> writes

>Wm... <tcn...@blackhole.do-not-spam.me.uk> writes
>>Sun, 2 Apr 2006 00:39:40 <96xBakg8...@nospam.demon.co.uk>
>>uk.net.news.config Robert Sneddon <fr...@nospam.demon.co.uk>
>>
>>>In message <498faoF...@individual.net>, kat <kat....@ntlworld.com>
>>>writes

>>> Anglo-saxon, and they should go back to where they came from. Bloody
>>>foreigners.
>>
>>Oh! Where is that? The bit of the UK you like least?
>
>saxony would do....

The Angles can go back to that bit of Denmark they originally came
from.

Ali Hopkins

Apr 2, 2006, 7:07:40 AM4/2/06

"Robert Sneddon" <fr...@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

Hm. Did Slartibartfast use a compass, I wonder?

Ali

Paul Harper

Apr 2, 2006, 7:33:11 AM4/2/06
On Sun, 2 Apr 2006 12:07:40 +0100, "Ali Hopkins" <fn...@dial.pipex.com>
wrote:

Piece of torn newspaper, apparently.

Paul Harper

Apr 2, 2006, 7:33:27 AM4/2/06
On Sun, 2 Apr 2006 10:43:52 +0100, "Ali Hopkins" <fn...@dial.pipex.com>
wrote:

And Kent for the Cantii.

Oz

Apr 2, 2006, 8:54:44 AM4/2/06
Robert Sneddon <fr...@nospam.demon.co.uk> writes

> The Angles can go back to that bit of Denmark they originally came
>from.

Absolutely!

Um....

Er......

Bit of a problem though with my friend.

He is 1/4 welsh, 1/4 pictish scots, 1/4 rural english and 1/4 chinese.

Not too sure where to send him, can you help?

Ali Hopkins

Apr 2, 2006, 9:49:19 AM4/2/06

"Oz" <O...@farmeroz.port995.com> wrote in message

> Robert Sneddon <fr...@nospam.demon.co.uk> writes
>>
>> The Angles can go back to that bit of Denmark they originally came
>>from.
>
> Absolutely!
>
> Um....
>
> Er......
>

> Bit of a problem though with my friend.
>
> He is 1/4 welsh, 1/4 pictish scots, 1/4 rural english and 1/4 chinese.
>
> Not too sure where to send him, can you help?

Could he alternate? Three months in each, maybe?

Ali

Wm...

Apr 2, 2006, 10:47:15 AM4/2/06
Sun, 2 Apr 2006 14:49:19 <49a330F...@individual.net>
uk.net.news.config Ali Hopkins <fn...@dial.pipex.com>

Since some people *really* don't like forigners I'd suggest an
additional levy on the council tax bills (not mine, theirs) of t'other
three so he can go to China for the other 3 months of the year.

Seems fair to me that if you don't like someone and want them to be
somewhere else you should pay for it :)

P.S. Dear Jack Straw, I would like a free holiday in Cape Town, thanks
in advance.

John Smith

Apr 3, 2006, 1:35:42 PM4/3/06
I think talk of 'chavs' is all rather superior and unflattering really.

Chris Croughton

Apr 5, 2006, 3:03:10 PM4/5/06
On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 10:29:35 +0100, Paul Harper
<pa...@harper.net> wrote:

> Looking at this week's Radio Times, the BBC are planning a "Planet
> Earth" special on Essex, with lots of lovely slow-motion helecopter
> shots of the Chavs in their native environment of Southend sea-front

That's Sahfend, innit?

> as they perform their mysterious and haunting (not in a good way)
> mating rituals.

Haunting mating rituals? Sounds perfectly ghostly.

> The huge container lorries of bling clogging the A12 form a natural
> camoflage for them, so the effort in getting these shots has been
> quite enormous. Well worth the price of the licence fee, for sure.

Nah mate, nuffink's werf the license fee...

Chris C

Paul Harper

Apr 6, 2006, 2:24:07 AM4/6/06

Curiously, this topic has (sort of) come up on a different group where
I wrote:

On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 02:19:59 GMT, Vash The Stampede <Tri...@2am.cn>
wrote:

>Kids think it's cool to be a 'gangsta'. This is the price for coolness, I
>guess.

The sad thing is, the kids who think that sort of thing can't even
spell "stereotype" or understand the concept or realise that's exactly
what they are.

Their desperate striving for noticeable individuality through the
strict conformance to an arbitrary code of dress, speech and behaviour
is so self-contradictory as to be laughable were it not so sad an
indictment of youth and culture today.

The single-digit second attention span of the MTV generation has
dumbed down kids these days to the point where you have to question
whether both evolution and intelligent design are stuck in reverse.

I don't know if the term is used over there, but on this side of the
puddle we term people like that "Chavs". Low-intelligence no-hopers
whose aspirations far exceed their ability, and whose desperation to
be seen as daring and non-conformist have made them all pale clones of
each other. Simultaneously laughable and pitiable, the lot of them.

Their concept of rebellion is limited to their wearing of lots of
cheap nasty jewelry ("bling") and white shell suits, headbands and
speaking in pseudo "nigga" accents - very accurately parodied by Sasha
Baron Cohen as his "Ali G" character - and all the sadder because it
rebels against nothing because of it's utter lack of credibility or
threat.

As usual, they miss the point by a mile, and by trying harder, they
miss it further. Effective non-conformity and rebellion is achieved
from *within* a system, not by attempting to stand outside of it.

They're not rebelling, they're spectating. A large difference.

They're idiots, the lot of them.

Paul.

Clive George

Apr 6, 2006, 8:30:41 AM4/6/06
"Paul Harper" <pa...@harper.net> wrote in message

> As usual, they miss the point by a mile, and by trying harder, they
> miss it further. Effective non-conformity and rebellion is achieved
> from *within* a system, not by attempting to stand outside of it.
>
> They're not rebelling, they're spectating. A large difference.
>
> They're idiots, the lot of them.

When was this written? It's not as if this is a new phenomenon...

cheers,
clive

Paul Harper

Apr 6, 2006, 11:34:22 AM4/6/06

You're right.

I've been writing for some considerable time.

Tyke

Apr 6, 2006, 8:38:35 PM4/6/06
In news:RA2LIaF$FiLE...@farmeroz.port995.com,
Oz <O...@farmeroz.port995.com> typed:
> Paul Smith <pjcs...@com.iname.invalid> writes

>> create unmoderated newsgroup uk.people.chavs
>>
>> Newsgroup line:
>> uk.people.chavs advC n ch@ 4t yungA gNR8N
>
> Absolutely splendid!
>
> Imagine the flame wars!
>
> My only concern is that 'chav' is already somewhat dated and after a
> few years will be as revolutionary as 'rocker'.

LOL

Just out of interest..............

The equivalent of "Chav" in Australia is "Bogan"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bogan
--
34:46:00S 138:32:12E

Tyke

Apr 6, 2006, 8:39:14 PM4/6/06
In news:497n0aF...@individual.net,
Tickettyboo <ticke...@mail2oops.com> typed:

ROFL :-)

The Tea and biscuits w*rks every time.

;-)
--
Tyke

Luck is when the paths of opportunity and preparation cross.

Wm...

Apr 7, 2006, 3:20:38 PM4/7/06
Sat, 1 Apr 2006 00:01:00
<rfd1-uk.people.chavs-20060331184120$5a...@clerew.man.ac.uk>
uk.net.news.config Paul Smith <pjcs...@com.iname.invalid>

> REQUEST FOR DISCUSSION (RFD)
>
>This is a formal Request For Discussion (RFD) for the following changes
>in the uk.* Usenet hierarchy:
>

> create unmoderated newsgroup uk.people.chavs
>
>Newsgroup line:
>uk.people.chavs advC n ch@ 4t yungA gNR8N

BBC Noises

This is a once only broadcast

David Attenstick presents "Chavs at play", an exciting documentary of
native British wildlife.

DavidA in typical breathless voice: (couldn't be arsed to write all the
pauses, the reader will just have to imagine them as if it were a nature
program).

The male chav can now be seen approaching the female chav near the town
memorial, he is offering her something ... it looks like high alcohol
cheap cider ... she has taken it, the mating ritual has begun.

It is significant this ritual begins in the town square, chavs love the
centre of their environment and pay respect to it by beginning their
mating rituals there.

You will see now that the male chav takes the gift back from the female
chav, this is how they establish a will to mate.

Notice how the male chav carefully places his hand on the back of the
female chav's head and gently presses her face into his groin. This is
a sure sign the chavs will be mating soon.

The female chav in this case has her hair tied back in a ponytail, a
sure sign she is willing to mate.

They have now moved away from the main precinct and into the shadows of
the big church; we will have to use night vision and infra red cameras
to capture this.

Yes ... if you look carefully you can see the male chav holding the
female chav's ponytail while she attempts to swallow his member and
look! she has just vomited, that is a sure sign of acceptance by the
female chav, notice the way she has lain upon the ground? The female
chav is willing the male chav to mate with her!

Notice also that the male chav is looking about for other male chavs
that might interlocute

(voice off camera: "jeez, does he believe this shit?")

Notice that the male chav, having removed the covering cloth from both
the female chav and himself is not in a position to effect intercourse.

But look, here come a group of male chavs, we think they are laughing
but can't be sure, the protagonal male chav is running away now,
possibly fearful, but the female chav, like a Bonobo chimpanzee, is
willing to take on all comers and lays still.

We think one of the male chavs may be related to the female chav.

(voice off camera: "did anyone report this to the police? looks like
rape to me")

(voice off camera: "she was probably unconscious, it makes good TV, mind
you")

Exhausted after their efforts the male chavs return to the public square
chanting and dancing in delight. The female chav has been subdued and
will be collected if her brother remembers before dawn. Otherwise the
men and women collecting rubbish around the city centre will pick her
up.

fx: fade out to chav heaven and fade in to chav heaven, another glorious
day begins, "what did I do last night?"

===

If someone thinks I have made a dig at nature programs, so be it.

Chris Croughton

Apr 8, 2006, 11:02:16 AM4/8/06
On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 07:24:07 +0100, Paul Harper
<pa...@harper.net> wrote:

> Their desperate striving for noticeable individuality through the
> strict conformance to an arbitrary code of dress, speech and behaviour
> is so self-contradictory as to be laughable were it not so sad an
> indictment of youth and culture today.

Er, that's not exactly new. It was remarked when I was a kid (probably
around 35 or so years ago) how kids who rebelled against "school
uniform" nevertheless all dressed exactly alike, did the same things,
etc.

> The single-digit second attention span of the MTV generation has
> dumbed down kids these days to the point where you have to question
> whether both evolution and intelligent design are stuck in reverse.

The government have been implementing devolution for quite a time.

> I don't know if the term is used over there, but on this side of the
> puddle we term people like that "Chavs". Low-intelligence no-hopers
> whose aspirations far exceed their ability, and whose desperation to
> be seen as daring and non-conformist have made them all pale clones of
> each other. Simultaneously laughable and pitiable, the lot of them.
>
> Their concept of rebellion is limited to their wearing of lots of
> cheap nasty jewelry ("bling") and white shell suits, headbands and

Oh, is that what 'bling' is? I've heard the term but never seen (or
cared enough to look for) a definition...

> speaking in pseudo "nigga" accents - very accurately parodied by Sasha
> Baron Cohen as his "Ali G" character - and all the sadder because it
> rebels against nothing because of it's utter lack of credibility or
> threat.

Again, not new. Around 600BC Plato complained of effectively the same
thing (not the 'nigga' speech, but similar corruptions of the 'pure'
language). "Plato, it's all in Plato. What /do/ they teach them in
schools?"

> As usual, they miss the point by a mile, and by trying harder, they
> miss it further. Effective non-conformity and rebellion is achieved
> from *within* a system, not by attempting to stand outside of it.

Again, not new. Almost all religious reformers, for instance, have
exhorted their followers to stay withing the system and reform it from
within, but the follower have preferred to go their own way (Buddha,
Jesus, Luther, Wesley...).

> They're not rebelling, they're spectating. A large difference.
>
> They're idiots, the lot of them.

Of course they tend to say the same about their parents...

Chris C

Chris Croughton

Apr 10, 2006, 12:29:26 PM4/10/06
On Fri, 7 Apr 2006 20:20:38 +0100, Wm...
<tcn...@blackhole.do-not-spam.me.uk> wrote:

> If someone thinks I have made a dig at nature programs, so be it.

You mean you didn't? I think it was a clever dig at a certain type of
nature programme, and reminded me of why I keep you around as my Court
Jester <g>...

Chris C

Wm...

Apr 10, 2006, 6:30:59 PM4/10/06
Mon, 10 Apr 2006 17:29:26 <slrne3l1v6...@ccserver.keris.net>
uk.net.news.config Chris Croughton <ch...@keristor.net>

>On Fri, 7 Apr 2006 20:20:38 +0100, Wm...
> <tcn...@blackhole.do-not-spam.me.uk> wrote:
>
>> If someone thinks I have made a dig at nature programs, so be it.
>
>You mean you didn't?

I did, the dig was: I am not always convinced the breathless commentary
does the beasties in the wild good service (the real beasties, not the
chavs) and wasn't aimed at anyone here.

> I think it was a clever dig at a certain type of
>nature programme, and reminded me of why I keep you around as my Court
>Jester <g>...

fx: ahem, takes bow, "unaccustomed as I am ..." etc.

It was intended as a humorous piece.

have you seen the one where I fall over my ridiculous shoes with bells
on and pick your pocket, my liege? I also do, "slip something into your
drink and steal your daughter", quite well, but that is extra, to save
her from a bad marriage, of course :)

Best wishes, Puck

Jim Crowther

Apr 10, 2006, 8:00:29 PM4/10/06
On Fri, 7 Apr 2006 20:20:38, Wm... wrote:

>We think one of the male chavs may be related to the female chav.

and what's the noun for a pre-pubescent Chav?

Asboid

--
Jim Crowther. "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside,

kat

Apr 11, 2006, 3:52:18 AM4/11/06
In news:LDliULcd...@nospam.at.my.choice.of.UID.invalid,
Jim Crowther <Don't_bo...@blackhole.do-not-spam.me.uk> said

> On Fri, 7 Apr 2006 20:20:38, Wm... wrote:
>
>> We think one of the male chavs may be related to the female chav.
>
> and what's the noun for a pre-pubescent Chav?

Chavling?

--
kat
>^..^<

Dave J.

Apr 13, 2006, 8:52:27 AM4/13/06
In MsgID<slrne3fk3o...@ccserver.keris.net> within
uk.net.news.config, 'Chris Croughton' wrote:

>> Their desperate striving for noticeable individuality through the
>> strict conformance to an arbitrary code of dress, speech and behaviour
>> is so self-contradictory as to be laughable were it not so sad an
>> indictment of youth and culture today.
>
>Er, that's not exactly new. It was remarked when I was a kid (probably
>around 35 or so years ago) how kids who rebelled against "school
>uniform" nevertheless all dressed exactly alike, did the same things,
>etc.

Can anyone remember the 'Rush' (oldie rock group) lyric I'm thinking of?
Something about the normality of deviation from the norm.

Dave J.

Chris Croughton

Apr 14, 2006, 6:53:08 AM4/14/06

Rush are 'oldie'? I suppose they (and I) are now <g>. Are you thinking
of "Vital Signs" (on "Moving Pictures", 1981)?

Everybody got mixed feelings
About the function and the form.
Everybody got to deviate from the norm.

Of course, 'normal' and 'deviation' have specific meanings in
statistics, which amused me at the time.

(But in geometry 'normal' means "at right angles", most of my friends
are close to 'normal' in the geometric sense...)

Chris C

Dave J.

Apr 16, 2006, 7:05:26 AM4/16/06
In MsgID<slrne3uvok...@ccserver.keris.net> within
uk.net.news.config, 'Chris Croughton' wrote:

> Everybody got mixed feelings
> About the function and the form.
> Everybody got to deviate from the norm.
>
>Of course, 'normal' and 'deviation' have specific meanings in
>statistics, which amused me at the time.

I think they meant the words that way. Well remembered too, thanks.

Dave J.