Why I Love To Chill...

Chris Carter

Oct 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/21/96

jo...@heresy.cix.co.uk (John Upstone) wrote:

>Chilling out isn't just about coming down, having a smoke to ease the
>landing, and listening to quality tunes. It's all of that too, of course,
>but that's not the most important part, to me at least.

>It's about being able to look around the room at people's faces and know
>that they've been exactly where you've been for the last 12 hours or
>more.

I'll second that - I'm not sure I've come down from Saturday yet!

>We spend so much of our lives surrounded by people who don't understand
>what we have found in that one blinding moment. When we rave, we're with
>people who know how we feel, and so it is when we chill. At least that's
>how *I* feel. :]

>Heh, I'm pretty caned, so I hope some of that made sense... %]

Think I might join you there - just popping out to the coffee shop for
a bit.

>Peace, love and fluffiness,
> John

PLAF?

Chris_C

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Can you feel anything yet?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
chr...@xs4all.nl

John Upstone

Oct 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/21/96

--
John Upstone | jo...@heresy.cix.co.uk | http://www.cix.co.uk/~heresy/

"Dial up, Log in, Chill out" Peace * Love * Unity * Respect

John Upstone

Oct 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/22/96

In article <54ggil$r...@news.xs4all.nl>, Chris Carter (chr...@xs4all.nl)
wrote:

> I'll second that - I'm not sure I've come down from Saturday yet!

I think I have, just about. So now I'm getting ready for next weekend!

> >Peace, love and fluffiness,
>
> PLAF?

PLAF! You know it makes sense.

Cheers, John

--
John Upstone | jo...@heresy.cix.co.uk | http://www.cix.co.uk/~heresy/
Dial up, Log in, Chill out Peace * Love * Unity * Respect

"Let the walls dissolve inside you, feel the feeling, feel your light
Swirling multi-coloured dancer, dance your dream...
dance your dream into the night"

Smile

Oct 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/24/96

AS I don't take drugs chilling out can be pretty wierd for me. Sitting
in a room full of people who are just sitting and staring at a wall or
floor, and only a couple of people talking. It does my head in, cos
all I want to do is go bonkers!

One sunday morning my lighting booth pals and I went over to a friends
house. Neither of my friends take drugs (well, okay weed, but...).
Anyway, a couple of the nuttier ones wanted to get out the trampoline,
but they couldn't just then cos the grass was too wet. I remembered
that my friend's father owned a vintage car, so for no reason I
shouted out, "Get your dad's old car out!"

My mate, Simon, whispered into my ear, "I've never heard *it* called
that before." :-0 We both burst into laughter. Of course everyone else
just stared at us. Or at the wall. For the rest of the time we would
spurt, "Get your dad's old car out!" at random intervals, before
collapsing in fits of giggles.

"Don't worry about them," said my friend's big sister, "They're just
mad. They don't take drugs y'know. Well, okay weed, but..."

We were having a right old laugh, but everyone else just stared.
Still, most of them were quite young and others were into harder stuff
as well and so on. Not like all you UMRs that I met at Big Love, who
are much more fun to be with.

O * Club guide for MK area coming someday, maybe
...well, not at this rate
\____/ Please e-mail to add events or more info.

John Upstone

Oct 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/25/96

In article <54op7p$1...@power2.power.net.uk>, Smile
(ch...@smile.powernet.co.uk) wrote:

> AS I don't take drugs chilling out can be pretty wierd for me. Sitting
> in a room full of people who are just sitting and staring at a wall or
> floor, and only a couple of people talking. It does my head in, cos
> all I want to do is go bonkers!

I'm not normally too keen when people chill out by just monging out,
saying nothing. I want to talk to people and generally be fluffy.

> We were having a right old laugh, but everyone else just stared.
> Still, most of them were quite young and others were into harder stuff
> as well and so on. Not like all you UMRs that I met at Big Love, who
> are much more fun to be with.

We are fluffiness personified, is what we are. :] IKWYM though, some
people seem to forget that the idea of the whole thing is to have fun
with your friends. :]