Casualty theme tune

Philip Kaulfuss

Apr 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/6/00
Blah blah blah Gnasher, blah blah uk.music.makers.dj blah blah:

> What is the name of the track which uses the casualty theme tune?
> Also where can I get it, I'm very interested if any one is selling it

It's called "Casualty" and it's by Oxide. You can find it on Napster.

For what it's worth, I can't understand why so many people want it - it's
abysmal. Anyone else think so, or is it just me?

--
,-- Email: change nospam to boehme ------.
Philip Kaulfuss | Website: http://www.boehme.demon.co.uk |

Tom Joseph

Apr 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/7/00
> For what it's worth, I can't understand why so many people want it - it's
> abysmal. Anyone else think so, or is it just me?

I've always thought that the casualty theme tune would make an amazing
trance trak actually...the this garage trak they've made is shite...but i'm
biased being an anti-garbage, pro-trance dj. :)

Tom
DJ Tease

lee skelding

Apr 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/7/00
its ages old ne way
the new version of it that they have released is differnt from the original
white label copy, copyrighted samples i think
ne way give him some respect hes already had loads of hits and hes only 17.

Tom Joseph <to...@NOSPAMgarbage.com> wrote in message

Philip Kaulfuss

Apr 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/8/00
Blah blah blah lee skelding, blah blah uk.music.makers.dj blah blah:

> its ages old ne way
> the new version of it that they have released is differnt from the original
> white label copy, copyrighted samples i think
> ne way give him some respect hes already had loads of hits and hes only 17.

Ah, that explains a lot. =)

Yep, all due respect to him for managing to get a record out at such a young
age. It's not really a big deal though - a tune I made when I was 17 (I'm
nearly 19) is on its way to getting some radio play and hopefully some
records pressed up. In a couple of weeks it's going to be played out in some
clubs to see what the reaction is.

I'm just somewhat baffled as to how a 17-year old managed to get the cash
for a production run. I mean, I assume he released it off his own back as I
doubt anyone would want to publish such a bad tune (IMHO).

Ed Ratcliff

Apr 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/8/00
aaah! what is it with %*$*( garage! Its crap!

Chris Hirst

Apr 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/8/00
Lets not have a Trance vs Garage war, they're totally different types of
music totally with different roots and it wouldn't be fair to judge versions
as everyone has their own opinion and we'll just have to like it!
Ah well, new subject please
Peace & Luv
CHRIS
ps: I am totally pro garage as it has its roots set deeply in the urban
scene and has a lot more depth to it. Trance is just a german fucking youth
on a casio playing melodies in a certain order and putting a beat behind it
causing us "white boyz to dance like bell ends" - Ali G!! hehe (only joking
trance is excellent music that inspires all (well most) who listen!)
I'm out like a strippers titties!

Stephen Hopkins

Apr 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/9/00
In article <38EF7E11...@btinternet.com>, Ed Ratcliff
<fas...@btinternet.com> writes
if you don't like it then fuck you. stop moaning, and let people listen
to what they want to listen to.
--
DJ Devious

Gnasher

Apr 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/10/00
As DJ's we play music that people want to listen to. All the bullshit
peiople say about "doing it for the love of music" is bollocks, they do it
for the money.
Ask urself. If you didn't get paid to DJ would you?
would you really spend all that money on records?

Stop moaning about the tune and accept that people want to listen to it

Peace out

Gnash

jam...@cix.compulink.co.uk

Apr 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/11/00
In article <8cthjp$78l$1...@uranium.btinternet.com>,
gnashe...@hotmail.com (Gnasher) wrote:

> As DJ's we play music that people want to listen to.

And music that we think they might like to listen to...

>All the bullshit peiople say about "doing it for the love of music" is
bollocks,

???? What made them want to DJ in the first place? Why did they start
listening to the music? OK, you may be able to argue that it's to be part
of a crowd and be "Cool" but why did they start spending money on actually
buying the records, let alone on buying decks and putting in the time and
energy in practice to get to a level where it's not too embarassing to
play in front of people.

>they do it
> for the money.

Do you DJ yourself? Ah.. just re-read your first line.. Do you go under
the name Gnasher? Do you play out? Where do you play? Is it really like
going to work for you?

> Ask urself. If you didn't get paid to DJ would you?
> would you really spend all that money on records?

<altogether> YES!!!!!

Maybe you should try finding something that you "enjoy" to do in your
spare time?

James

Gnasher

Apr 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/11/00
I really enjoy to DJ, I couldn't keep it going without the money though.
I Play under the name DJ NV and I play at agincourt in camberley.
Look it up sometime.

What about you??
I don't want to get in any war but we shouldn't all be cussin each other
like we do. Djing is a great pastime but one that no one would enter
without the hope of becoming good and earning some money.

Andy Harkin

Apr 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/14/00
In article <8cvsbo$3ra$1...@plutonium.btinternet.com>,

Rubbish.

Speak for your mercenary self. I do it for fun. Always have, always
will. I don't want to make a loss, but I'm not out to make much
money.

Andy

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Ed Ratcliff

Apr 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/15/00
piss off

RaveDJ

Apr 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/16/00
Hi, Gnasher

"Gnasher" <gnashe...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> What is the name of the track which uses the casualty theme tune?
> Also where can I get it, I'm very interested if any one is selling it

To get back to the original post..

I have the Theme tune on a CD called "TV Sets" (Vol.1 contains this track)
from Mastermix, Sheffield.

You can pick it up at most disco suppliers (it is DJ only though so you must
be a working DJ).

I shop at Sound & Light Warehouse - see http://www.discocity.co.uk

--
RaveDJ