Re: ot: Quick YouTube Guitar Blast - Xpost to UKMG

1 view

Cane

Jan 8, 2007, 11:46:36 AM1/8/07
Hi Chaps,

Over here at UKRM we've been using this:
http://www.cane.ukrm.btinternet.co.uk/floyd.mp3

To make these.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6d7cUSR3Rw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBFXxcK0SRc

Care to join in and put us all to shame? ;-)

Lozzo

Jan 8, 2007, 11:49:45 AM1/8/07
Cane says...

While you're at it, try and do a Happy Hardcore version please, cos Cane
let us down.

--
Lozzo
Triumph Daytona 955i SE (Black with added black bits)

Champ

Jan 8, 2007, 1:05:02 PM1/8/07

<whimper>

Oh lord, you've done it now ...
--
Champ

ZX10R
GPz750turbo
My advice as your attorney is to buy a motorcycle
To email me, neal at my domain should work.

Pip

Jan 8, 2007, 1:14:54 PM1/8/07
On Mon, 08 Jan 2007 18:05:02 +0000, Champ <ne...@champ.org.uk> wrote:

>On 8 Jan 2007 08:46:36 -0800, "Cane" <Cane...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi Chaps,

><whimper>

>Oh lord, you've done it now ...

Don't fret lad, it was Cane stuck his neck out, like.

--
Pip: B12

Cane

Jan 8, 2007, 3:08:36 PM1/8/07
Pip wrote:

> ><whimper>
> >
> >Oh lord, you've done it now ...
>
> Don't fret lad, it was Cane stuck his neck out, like.

Don't worry, they'll lose the wheelie competition!

nosferatu

Jan 8, 2007, 3:43:11 PM1/8/07

Yamaha SR250 Delusion ....... How gay .

Lozzo

Jan 8, 2007, 3:44:49 PM1/8/07
nosferatu says...

Hey, it was free <shrugs shoulders>

Cane

Jan 8, 2007, 3:48:57 PM1/8/07
nosferatu wrote:

> Yamaha SR250 Delusion ....... How gay .

Noooo.

This is a happy, polite, sig snipping, bottom posting chat about
guitars and posting our efforts on YouTube. Not some troll fest.

Fuck off!

Lozzo

Jan 8, 2007, 3:51:53 PM1/8/07
Cane says...

Knowing this was a cross-post to a, possibly friendlier inhabited,
geeetar newsgroup, I did refrain from swearing at the replying poster.
You go ahead and fill yer boots, old son.

Cane

Jan 8, 2007, 3:57:19 PM1/8/07
Lozzo wrote:

> > > Yamaha SR250 Delusion ....... How gay .
> >
> > Noooo.
> >
> > This is a happy, polite, sig snipping, bottom posting chat about
> > guitars and posting our efforts on YouTube. Not some troll fest.
> >
> > Fuck off!
>
> Knowing this was a cross-post to a, possibly friendlier inhabited,
> geeetar newsgroup, I did refrain from swearing at the replying poster.
> You go ahead and fill yer boots, old son.

You're right, I know. But he's a cunt.

Woody

Jan 8, 2007, 3:57:27 PM1/8/07
Cane <Cane...@gmail.com> wrote:

Wanna bet on that one?

--
Woody

www.alienrat.com

Cane

Jan 8, 2007, 4:04:34 PM1/8/07
Woody wrote:

> > > Don't fret lad, it was Cane stuck his neck out, like.
> >
> > Don't worry, they'll lose the wheelie competition!
>
> Wanna bet on that one?

heh, now we're talking :)

Lozzo

Jan 8, 2007, 4:09:56 PM1/8/07
Woody says...

> Cane <Cane...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Don't fret lad, it was Cane stuck his neck out, like.
> >
> > Don't worry, they'll lose the wheelie competition!
>
> Wanna bet on that one?

Paging Veggie and Monz

Bear

Jan 8, 2007, 4:24:41 PM1/8/07
In article <1hrn3jc.y5hhv3e4bmvN%use...@alienrat.co.uk>, Woody says...

> Cane <Cane...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Don't fret lad, it was Cane stuck his neck out, like.
> >
> > Don't worry, they'll lose the wheelie competition!
>
> Wanna bet on that one?

Yes, I do.

£100 on Veggie.

Now put up, or STFU.
--
Bear

nick

Jan 8, 2007, 4:52:51 PM1/8/07

On Jan 8, 4:46 pm, "Cane" <CaneU...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Chaps,
>
> Over here at UKRM we've been using this:http://www.cane.ukrm.btinternet.co.uk/floyd.mp3
>

> To make these.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6d7cUSR3Rwhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBFXxcK0SRc

> Care to join in and put us all to shame? ;-)

Woo! Bikers! Welcome wheelie folk!

Top rock action Thin Lizzy Guy and Pointy Guitar Hero. Extra marks for
TLG for Les Paul + Marshall half stack tomfoolery. Good work that man.

nick :)

Champ

Jan 8, 2007, 5:00:51 PM1/8/07
On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 20:57:27 +0000, use...@alienrat.co.uk (Woody)
wrote:

>Cane <Cane...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Don't fret lad, it was Cane stuck his neck out, like.
>>
>> Don't worry, they'll lose the wheelie competition!
>
>Wanna bet on that one?

I'd play to yer strengths, if I were you, lad.

Now, lets see some git-tar playin that can outdoor my feeble effort.

Jaygo

Jan 8, 2007, 5:53:43 PM1/8/07

"Champ" <ne...@champ.org.uk> wrote in message

A decent cameraman wouldn't go amiss, was the cameraman
pi**ed.

John

BSA Gold Star
A trillion Bantams
Royal Enfield Clipper

Now reduced to a Virago 735 as I can no longer
get a*se up along with head down but nice to get
the leg over.

Porridgewog SV1k

Jan 8, 2007, 5:59:45 PM1/8/07

"Champ" <ne...@champ.org.uk> wrote in message

> Now, lets see some git-tar playin that can outdoor my feeble effort.

*Tempted*.

Pip

Jan 8, 2007, 8:30:18 PM1/8/07
On Mon, 08 Jan 2007 22:00:51 +0000, Champ <ne...@champ.org.uk> wrote:

>Now, lets see some git-tar playin that can outdoor my feeble effort.

That's very good jambing stile there.

--
Pip: B12

Steve at fivetrees

Jan 8, 2007, 9:18:07 PM1/8/07
"Jaygo" <jaygo99...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> BSA Gold Star
> A trillion Bantams
> Royal Enfield Clipper
>
> Now reduced to a Virago 735 as I can no longer
> get a*se up along with head down but nice to get
> the leg over.

Ok, I'll play.

- Bantam 175 '68
- Royal Enfield Crusader with clipons and rearsets (well, it was a while
ago)(on which I passed my test circa '74, despite breaking many speed
limits)
- BSA B31 (350 with "interesting" wiring)
- AJS 500 single '53 (terf-pause-terf-pause-terf etc)(and no
suspension/seat to speak of)
- Triumph SpeedTwin 500 (chopped 8"-over forks, and fuckin' *lethal*)(from
circa '76)
- BSA Royal Star 500 twin (bought '79, sold mid-'90s after major
re-re-re-build, and still on the road)(dammit, I *loved* that bike)
- Honda 550-4 ('83 in Chicago - with Pirellis and full English biker
leathers)(hell, it was a company bike)(and needed all 4 carbs retuning every
time the weather changed)(4 carbs? ffs - 1 was fine!)

And FF to nowadays:
- Volvo 940SE 2.3 turbo (had kids, lost close biker friend in stupid
sidestand-oriented accident, now ex-biker)(but still hairy, albeit in an
entirely different way)

Steve
http://www.fivetrees.com

Grunt

Jan 8, 2007, 9:31:51 PM1/8/07

"Champ" <ne...@champ.org.uk> wrote in message

> On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 20:57:27 +0000, use...@alienrat.co.uk (Woody)
> wrote:
>
> >Cane <Cane...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Don't worry, they'll lose the wheelie competition!
> >
> >Wanna bet on that one?
>
> I'd play to yer strengths, if I were you, lad.

He might be!

I've been riding bikes for nearly 40 years ... only been playin' guitar for
2 .... okay been playin' bass a bit longer.

Okay! Wheelies? Not a problem, although the ZZR is a bit front heavy and
needs to be hauled into the air. It was always stoppies that scared the
willies out of me.... and the only broken bones I've had motorcycle related
was on Douglas Prom trying to burn doughnuts on a Laverda Jota in '79 (I
know, bloody stupid thing to try with that tank).

Just to maintain the sigs.

Grunt

'79 Fender Precision Bass
Self built Jazz Bass
Self built '62 Strat copy, Double Fat Strat and Ibanez-a-like ....

Oh... bike (current machines)
ZZR 1100
ZZR 600
Norton Commando Interstate Mk III 850

Wife has
ZXR 600 not for long, though ... she has her eyes on a nice little Triumph
Tiger (1973)

> Now, lets see some git-tar playin that can outdoor my feeble effort.

Tried it outdoors ... but it was raining :-(

Runci

Jan 8, 2007, 9:41:20 PM1/8/07

"Grunt" <thi...@spamtrap.com> wrote in message

Bikers, Guitars, agression and general hairiness now thats what I call real
MAN Rock :)

Runci

Raleigh prince
Raleigh Chopper (in hot red)
Raleigh three wheeler (I always wanted a trike)

Grunt

Jan 8, 2007, 9:48:22 PM1/8/07
> Ok, I'll play.
>
> - Bantam 175 '68
> - Royal Enfield Crusader with clipons and rearsets (well, it was a while
> ago)(on which I passed my test circa '74, despite breaking many speed
> limits)

Passed test on Norton Jubilee with very eccentric wiring.

> - BSA B31 (350 with "interesting" wiring)
> - AJS 500 single '53 (terf-pause-terf-pause-terf etc)(and no
> suspension/seat to speak of)
> - Triumph SpeedTwin 500 (chopped 8"-over forks, and fuckin'
*lethal*)(from
> circa '76)

You lucky bugger! My chop was a pathetic BSA C11G... looked crap and .....
was crap!

> - BSA Royal Star 500 twin (bought '79, sold mid-'90s after major
> re-re-re-build, and still on the road)(dammit, I *loved* that bike)

I always wanted a Royal Star ... ended up with a late Noton Interstate ..
still got it! :-) When it runs ... it runs!:-)
Rather like an old bike of mine Triumph Trident ... a whole heap of
problems... mainly middle pot overheating. But when they ran well there was
nothing on the road like one .... everyone should own a Trident ... er...
once!

> - Honda 550-4 ('83 in Chicago - with Pirellis and full English biker
> leathers)(hell, it was a company bike)(and needed all 4 carbs retuning
every
> time the weather changed)(4 carbs? ffs - 1 was fine!)

I heard that about the CB 4's ... never had one. Apparently the cam chain
needed to be adjusted every 500 miles ... but it was a roadside job, just
needed a heavy screwdriver and a hammer!

> And FF to nowadays:
> - Volvo 940SE 2.3 turbo

Still got bikes, still ride daily ... but also drive highly sensible
Vauxhall Zafira or Corsa depending on which is needed..... not fun though,
merely transport and I have yet to fit a 4x10, 1x15 and 450W head along with
a Precision bass on the back of a bike .... now, if I had a
sidecar........... LOL

(had kids, lost close biker friend in stupid
> sidestand-oriented accident

Intrigued!

, now ex-biker)(but still hairy, albeit in an
> entirely different way)

Nose, ears, toes ....... I know the problem :-(

Grunt

Bikes listed in previous post for the for "other" group of enlightened
personages who have crash the party. Hello!

Grunt

Jan 8, 2007, 9:50:18 PM1/8/07
Raleigh Chopper! Wow! Was this an original 70's one or one of the namby
pamby reissues?

BTW
The hairiness will come... where you least expect it! LOL

Grunt

Monz

Jan 9, 2007, 3:08:19 AM1/9/07
"Lozzo" <lo...@lozzo.org.uk> wrote in message

> Woody says...
>> Cane <Cane...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Don't worry, they'll lose the wheelie competition!
>>
>> Wanna bet on that one?
>
> Paging Veggie and Monz

Reporting for duty sahhhh <snaps a salute>

anything less than 1/2 a mile and I'm not even gonna turn out :o)
--
Monz
Suzuki GSXR1000 K6

Champ

Jan 9, 2007, 5:11:26 AM1/9/07
On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 22:53:43 -0000, "Jaygo"
<jaygo99...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"Champ" <ne...@champ.org.uk> wrote in message

>> Now, lets see some git-tar playin that can outdoor my feeble effort.

>A decent cameraman wouldn't go amiss, was the cameraman
>pi**ed.

It was a webcam!

All the weird interference effects seem to have been generated by
YouTube compressing the original file I uploaded.

--
Champ

ZX10R
GPz750turbo

Jaygo

Jan 9, 2007, 5:32:57 AM1/9/07

"Steve at fivetrees" <st...@NOSPAMTAfivetrees.com> wrote in message
some great bikes, Kudos for the Royal Star
My first bike was also a bantam followed by a
Douglas twin (horizontal)My faves were
BSAs though. Surprised not many ariels
mentioned had a leader for about a week
they looked the biz but were so tinny.

Although all nostalgic the bikes of today
are far superior, my son in law has a duke
996 and that is one smooth ride.

Golf TDI now and Virago (Summer months only)

John

nosferatu

Jan 9, 2007, 5:51:19 AM1/9/07

British 4 strokes were shit lets be honest , they pissed out oil and
gave you white finger The Villers 2 stroke motors were cool . . The
Japs had the right idea ........ apart from the Yamaha sr250 , which
is for Girls .

Dave

Jan 9, 2007, 5:55:32 AM1/9/07

nosferatu wrote:
> apart from the Yamaha sr250 , which is for Girls

Bait like that won't work on Lozzo you know.
He's a vegetarian.

Dave

Jan 9, 2007, 5:57:33 AM1/9/07

Stop apologising/making excuses for it will you?
There's nothing wrong with it
It's fine as it is.

Lozzo

Jan 9, 2007, 5:59:52 AM1/9/07
Dave says...

I'd rather be called a raving homo than a veggie...cunt :-)

Dave

Jan 9, 2007, 6:04:17 AM1/9/07

Lozzo wrote:
> Dave says...
> >
> > nosferatu wrote:
> > > apart from the Yamaha sr250 , which is for Girls
> >
> > Bait like that won't work on Lozzo you know.
> > He's a vegetarian.
>
> I'd rather be called a raving homo than a veggie...cunt :-)

Ok then: Lozzo, you're a raving homo.

HTH

Runci

Jan 9, 2007, 6:40:46 AM1/9/07

"Grunt" <thi...@spamtrap.com> wrote in message

Oh no deffo an original, had it since I was 12
My hairiness has been and gone Im afraid :)

Runci

Lozzo

Jan 9, 2007, 6:42:18 AM1/9/07
Dave says...

It's no use trying to chat me up, you're not my type.

Jaygo

Jan 9, 2007, 7:04:56 AM1/9/07

"nosferatu" <bluesp...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

The leader was a two stroke.
For those who could consistently kick start a villiers 4 stroke
award yourself 2 merit points.

. . The
> Japs had the right idea ........

Electric starters.

apart from the Yamaha sr250 , which
> is for Girls .

Mmmmmmmmm Girl bikers

Bear

Jan 9, 2007, 7:08:09 AM1/9/07
In article <MPG.200d8ff79...@news.individual.net>, Lozzo
says...

> Dave says...
> >
> > Lozzo wrote:
> > > Dave says...

> > > I'd rather be called a raving homo than a veggie...cunt :-)
> > >

> > Ok then: Lozzo, you're a raving homo.
>
> It's no use trying to chat me up, you're not my type.

His ears are too small?
--
Bear

CT

Jan 9, 2007, 7:13:07 AM1/9/07
Bear wrote:
> In article <MPG.200d8ff79...@news.individual.net>, Lozzo
> says...
> > Dave says...
> > >
> > > Ok then: Lozzo, you're a raving homo.
> >
> > It's no use trying to chat me up, you're not my type.
>
> His ears are too small?

You can tell that from his post?
--
Chris

Bear

Jan 9, 2007, 7:17:59 AM1/9/07
In article <xn0f1078...@news.individual.net>, CT says...

No, from the fact he's not Lozzo's type.

Must be *really* small ears though.
--
Bear

Dave

Jan 9, 2007, 7:33:39 AM1/9/07

Oi!
I'll have you know, I have acute 'earing

Bear

Jan 9, 2007, 7:38:46 AM1/9/07
In article <1168346019.0...@42g2000cwt.googlegroups.com>, Dave
says...

> Bear wrote:

> > > You can tell that from his post?
> >
> > No, from the fact he's not Lozzo's type.
> >
> > Must be *really* small ears though.
> >

> Oi!
> I'll have you know, I have acute 'earing

You've got cute ears? Lozzo will be all over you like a rash then.
--
Bear

Dave

Jan 9, 2007, 7:49:27 AM1/9/07

Its all right - I've got some cream for that.

nosferatu

Jan 9, 2007, 8:15:09 AM1/9/07

You know guys its not often we get Gays chatting with each other in
UKMG . Please do go on , im sure this conversation may pan out into
something relevant eventually .

Steve Cobham

Jan 9, 2007, 10:12:49 AM1/9/07
On 9 Jan 2007 05:15:09 -0800, "nosferatu" <bluesp...@yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

Back in the killfile you go - escape again and you'll get neutered
too.

*plonk

Steve.

nog

Jan 10, 2007, 1:53:29 AM1/10/07
On 8 Jan 2007 12:57:19 -0800, Cane wrote:

>>> Noooo.
>>>
>>> This is a happy, polite, sig snipping, bottom posting chat about
>>> guitars and posting our efforts on YouTube. Not some troll fest.
>>>
>>> Fuck off!
>>
>> Knowing this was a cross-post to a, possibly friendlier inhabited,
>> geeetar newsgroup, I did refrain from swearing at the replying poster.
>> You go ahead and fill yer boots, old son.
>
> You're right, I know. But he's a cunt.

He's being rehabilitated - but it's a slow process.

--
Peter

Cane

Jan 10, 2007, 2:21:42 AM1/10/07
nog wrote:

> >> Knowing this was a cross-post to a, possibly friendlier inhabited,
> >> geeetar newsgroup, I did refrain from swearing at the replying poster.
> >> You go ahead and fill yer boots, old son.
> >
> > You're right, I know. But he's a cunt.
>
> He's being rehabilitated - but it's a slow process.

So the upshot is, that we've now got a bunch of bikers talking about
guitars and a load of guitarists talking about their bikes!

nog

Jan 10, 2007, 2:26:25 AM1/10/07

Sounds cool to me - combines a frustration and an indulgence.
No, make that two frustrations (bike-deprived & crap guitarist).

--
Peter

Cane

Jan 10, 2007, 3:59:59 AM1/10/07
nog wrote:

> Sounds cool to me - combines a frustration and an indulgence.
> No, make that two frustrations (bike-deprived & crap guitarist).

Guitars and bikes do seem to be common interests amongst all sorts of
people, mainly men. My karate club is full of guitarists and bikers in
various guises.

CT

Jan 10, 2007, 4:18:16 AM1/10/07
Cane wrote:

You should x-post this to alt.martial-arts.karate

--
Chris

Cane

Jan 10, 2007, 4:25:51 AM1/10/07
CT wrote:

<reads>

Christ on a bike, what a bunch of pricks!
alt.my.dad's.bigger.than.yours.I.could.take.you.all.with.a.paper.napkin.
Willy waving wankers. I'm almost embarrassed reading it.

Dave

Jan 10, 2007, 4:50:56 AM1/10/07

Cane wrote:

> So the upshot is, that we've now got a bunch of bikers talking about
> guitars and a load of guitarists talking about their bikes!

Yep. Just for the record, I've got a Suzuki Les Paul Standard and a
Gibson 1200 Bandit.

nosferatu

Jan 10, 2007, 4:53:26 AM1/10/07

Oh dear the milky bar kid strikes again ! . Steve i dunno what it is
with you , first sign of trouble , and out pops the pea shooter .
My reaction to the bikers was intended to be taken lightly , purely a
humorous observation , nothing more . I myself are a biker , and have
been from the age of god knows what , so i take your heavy handed
policing of this thread as totally unfair and without justification .

CT

Jan 10, 2007, 5:23:57 AM1/10/07

How about a Flying V-twin?
--
Chris

Rick Booth

Jan 10, 2007, 1:37:29 PM1/10/07
In uk.music.guitar nosferatu <bluesp...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Oh dear the milky bar kid strikes again ! . Steve i dunno what it is
> with you , first sign of trouble , and out pops the pea shooter .
> My reaction to the bikers was intended to be taken lightly , purely a
> humorous observation , nothing more . I myself are a biker , and have
> been from the age of god knows what , so i take your heavy handed
> policing of this thread as totally unfair and without justification .

Arty, have you ever considered that when nobody agrees with or defends
you and many criticise you, it might be because you genuinely are coming
across as an attention-seeking twat from the shallow end of the gene
pool? A prophet may be without honour is his own country, but so is a
shithead, and there are an awful lot more of the latter.

I have it on good authority that, in the real world, you are not actually
a cunt, and just occasionally we see hints of that here too. But not
enough.

- rfb (ex-biker but never had any interesting bikes...)
--
ri...@rfbooth.com http://www.rfbooth.com/ Danger: nuts may contain nuts.
If you're a bass player in a rock band, you are by definition a moron.

Steve Cobham

Jan 10, 2007, 2:39:36 PM1/10/07
On 10 Jan 2007 18:37:29 GMT, Rick Booth <richar...@umist.ac.uk>
wrote:

>In uk.music.guitar nosferatu <bluesp...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>> Oh dear the milky bar kid strikes again ! . Steve i dunno what it is
>> with you , first sign of trouble , and out pops the pea shooter .
>> My reaction to the bikers was intended to be taken lightly , purely a
>> humorous observation , nothing more . I myself are a biker , and have
>> been from the age of god knows what , so i take your heavy handed
>> policing of this thread as totally unfair and without justification .
>
>Arty, have you ever considered that when nobody agrees with or defends
>you and many criticise you, it might be because you genuinely are coming
>across as an attention-seeking twat from the shallow end of the gene
>pool? A prophet may be without honour is his own country, but so is a
>shithead, and there are an awful lot more of the latter.
>
>I have it on good authority that, in the real world, you are not actually
>a cunt, and just occasionally we see hints of that here too. But not
>enough.
>
>- rfb (ex-biker but never had any interesting bikes...)

Well, I wouldn't have read this reply to my plonkage of the NG's
resident gobshite, but since I can now see it through the wonders of
quotage, here goes.

I'm not out to police this thread, you egocentric little tit, and how
could I, even if I wanted to?

I don't happen to like the tone of many of your posts - homophobic,
racist and bigoted remarks have that effect on me - so I sometimes
choose to filter them out of my newsreader.

Now, I'm sure you're aware of this, but as you come across as
challenged in several ways already I'll err on the side of caution and
helpfulness - if I killfile you in my usenet client then it's only
myself who can't read your posts. Everyone else can still read them
and continue to be entranced by your unique and slightly skewed take
on life in general.

So, any talk of my "policing" this discussion is merely a hysterical
reaction to what is a fairly simple concept - that not everyone wants
to read everything you write.

I happen to belong to that group, so killfiling you is an option that
I choose to take. That you see it as some sort of heavy handed action
and some sort of policing is as far from the truth as it is possible
to get.

You flatter yourself if you see yourself in those terms - I just see
you as an ignoramus to be ignored.

Steve.

Cane

Jan 10, 2007, 3:44:58 PM1/10/07
Rick Booth wrote:

> - rfb (ex-biker but never had any interesting bikes...)

You're never an ex biker. You're just a biker between bikes :)

James Screaton

Jan 10, 2007, 5:14:22 PM1/10/07

But he drives a volvo now!

Surely that is the point of no return?

Cheers
James

Adrian Clark

Jan 10, 2007, 5:32:23 PM1/10/07
Cane wrote:
> Over here at UKRM we've been using this:
> http://www.cane.ukrm.btinternet.co.uk/floyd.mp3
>
> To make these.
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6d7cUSR3Rw
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBFXxcK0SRc

I'll promise not to tell Jan you've been using his backing track on
Youtube if you'll let me join in ;-)

Here's my effort... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dyVpXv9aa4

Even though I've used that backing track for actual Gilmour style
articles on a couple of occasions, I still found it really hard to pull
out some melodic bits like he does, rather than just burbling up and
down the scales. I should practise more.

Adrian

Wicked Uncle Nigel

Jan 10, 2007, 5:37:03 PM1/10/07
Using the patented Mavis Beacon "Hunt&Peck" Technique, Adrian Clark
<sfo...@gmail.com> typed

>Cane wrote:
>> Over here at UKRM we've been using this:
>> http://www.cane.ukrm.btinternet.co.uk/floyd.mp3
>>
>> To make these.
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6d7cUSR3Rw
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBFXxcK0SRc
>
>I'll promise not to tell Jan you've been using his backing track on
>Youtube if you'll let me join in ;-)
>
>Here's my effort... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dyVpXv9aa4

I like that.

--
Wicked Uncle Nigel - Podium Placed Ducati Race Engineer as featured in
Performance Bikes and Fast Bikes

WS* GHPOTHUF#24 APOSTLE#14 DLC#1 COFF#20 BOTAFOT#150 HYPO#0(KoTL) IbW#41
SBS#39 OMF#6 Enfield 500 Curry House Racer "The Basmati Rice Burner",
Honda GL1000K2 (On its hols) Kawasaki ZN1300 Voyager "Oh, Oh, It's so big"
Suzuki TS250 "The Africa Single" Yamaha Vmax Honda ST1100 wiv trailer

Steve at fivetrees

Jan 10, 2007, 6:09:03 PM1/10/07
"Cane" <Cane...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Is that alt.willy.waving.wankers?

Steve
http://www.fivetrees.com

Champ

Jan 10, 2007, 6:32:34 PM1/10/07
On 10 Jan 2007 14:32:23 -0800, "Adrian Clark" <sfo...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Cane wrote:
>> Over here at UKRM we've been using this:
>> http://www.cane.ukrm.btinternet.co.uk/floyd.mp3
>>
>> To make these.
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6d7cUSR3Rw
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBFXxcK0SRc
>
>I'll promise not to tell Jan you've been using his backing track on
>Youtube if you'll let me join in ;-)
>
>Here's my effort... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dyVpXv9aa4

Hey, that's lovely.

>Even though I've used that backing track for actual Gilmour style
>articles on a couple of occasions, I still found it really hard to pull
>out some melodic bits like he does, rather than just burbling up and
>down the scales. I should practise more.

It's was a hell of a lot more melodic than mine! (the second one
above). As I said to Cane, I have two tricks:
1. Hold a long, soulful bend
2. Play lots of notes.
--
Champ

ZX10R
GPz750turbo
My advice as your attorney is to buy a motorcycle
To email me, neal at my domain should work.

GungaDan

Jan 10, 2007, 6:48:27 PM1/10/07

Tarnation. I was going to post a slower one but I don't think I'll
bother now!
Really nice BTW.

Mark Williams

Jan 10, 2007, 6:55:29 PM1/10/07

"Adrian Clark" <sfo...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Cane wrote:
>> Over here at UKRM we've been using this:
>> http://www.cane.ukrm.btinternet.co.uk/floyd.mp3
>>
>> To make these.
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6d7cUSR3Rw
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBFXxcK0SRc
>
> I'll promise not to tell Jan you've been using his backing track on
> Youtube if you'll let me join in ;-)
>
> Here's my effort... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dyVpXv9aa4

Yeah, yeah, OK, ..... but what do you ride?

Adrian Clark

Jan 10, 2007, 7:02:55 PM1/10/07
In article <7vadnZbWBYV...@bt.com>,
"Mark Williams" <spa...@your.peril> wrote:

> Yeah, yeah, OK, ..... but what do you ride?

Anything, as long as it has stabilisers!

Adrian

--
http://www.spaghetti-factory.co.uk
http://www.custom-transcription.com

Adrian Clark

Jan 10, 2007, 7:03:44 PM1/10/07
In article <9qtaq2h8quk3b1vq0...@4ax.com>,
Champ <ne...@champ.org.uk> wrote:

> It's was a hell of a lot more melodic than mine! (the second one
> above). As I said to Cane, I have two tricks:
> 1. Hold a long, soulful bend
> 2. Play lots of notes.

Don't knock it... vast chunks of guitar history have been built upon
that approach!

Champ

Jan 10, 2007, 7:07:52 PM1/10/07
On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 00:03:44 +0000, Adrian Clark <sfo...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>In article <9qtaq2h8quk3b1vq0...@4ax.com>,
> Champ <ne...@champ.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> It's was a hell of a lot more melodic than mine! (the second one
>> above). As I said to Cane, I have two tricks:
>> 1. Hold a long, soulful bend
>> 2. Play lots of notes.
>
>Don't knock it... vast chunks of guitar history have been built upon
>that approach!

Hey, I've played in a band for 15 years with it, so I'm not knocking
it at all.

Work in progress

Jan 10, 2007, 8:03:26 PM1/10/07
wrote:

>Cane wrote:

>> Over here at UKRM we've been using this:
>> http://www.cane.ukrm.btinternet.co.uk/floyd.mp3
>>
>> To make these.
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6d7cUSR3Rw
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBFXxcK0SRc
>
>I'll promise not to tell Jan you've been using his backing track on
>Youtube if you'll let me join in ;-)
>
>Here's my effort... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dyVpXv9aa4

You win the sexiest bloke so far prize.
--
Work in progress
Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.

Ivar Arnesen

Jan 11, 2007, 1:49:38 AM1/11/07

"Work in progress" <spam...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

> On 10 Jan 2007 14:32:23 -0800, "Adrian Clark" <sfo...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Cane wrote:
> >> Over here at UKRM we've been using this:
> >> http://www.cane.ukrm.btinternet.co.uk/floyd.mp3
> >>
> >> To make these.
> >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6d7cUSR3Rw
> >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBFXxcK0SRc
> >
> >I'll promise not to tell Jan you've been using his backing track on
> >Youtube if you'll let me join in ;-)
> >
> >Here's my effort... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dyVpXv9aa4
>
> You win the sexiest bloke so far prize.
> --

There's the upside to crossposting Adrian:
you are now a wanted man in the gay bikers club.

Ivar

Dave

Jan 11, 2007, 2:13:05 AM1/11/07

Work in progress wrote:
> On 10 Jan 2007 14:32:23 -0800, "Adrian Clark" <sfo...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Cane wrote:
> >> Over here at UKRM we've been using this:
> >> http://www.cane.ukrm.btinternet.co.uk/floyd.mp3
> >>
> >> To make these.
> >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6d7cUSR3Rw
> >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBFXxcK0SRc
> >
> >I'll promise not to tell Jan you've been using his backing track on
> >Youtube if you'll let me join in ;-)
> >
> >Here's my effort... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dyVpXv9aa4
>
> You win the sexiest bloke so far prize.

You really should NOT have said that to him :-)
Just imagine what would happen on UKRM if you'd said that to Champ...

Cane

Jan 11, 2007, 3:20:14 AM1/11/07
Adrian Clark wrote:

Wow! That's _the_ Adrian Clark.

Ace

Jan 11, 2007, 3:36:50 AM1/11/07

Naah, I've been driving Volvos since about 1997.

Am I now an ex-biker, though? I still feel like I'm a biker, even
though my bike is currently dead and I don't intend replacing it.
Perhaps "lapsed biker" is a better term.

--
_______
.'_/_|_\_'. Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)

Jools

Jan 11, 2007, 4:15:17 AM1/11/07

Cane wrote:

Who?

Cheers
Jools

Cane

Jan 11, 2007, 4:20:34 AM1/11/07
Jools wrote:

> > > Here's my effort... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dyVpXv9aa4
> >
> > Wow! That's _the_ Adrian Clark.
>
> Who?

Adrian Clark....the horse breeder.

http://www.adrianclark.co.nz/

Ivar Arnesen

Jan 11, 2007, 4:23:44 AM1/11/07

"Cane" <Cane...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Would you buy a used horse from the man in the video?

Ivar

Champ

Jan 11, 2007, 4:44:57 AM1/11/07
On 10 Jan 2007 23:13:05 -0800, "Dave" <dave.be...@googlemail.com>
wrote:

>> >I'll promise not to tell Jan you've been using his backing track on
>> >Youtube if you'll let me join in ;-)
>> >
>> >Here's my effort... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dyVpXv9aa4
>>
>> You win the sexiest bloke so far prize.
>
>You really should NOT have said that to him :-)
>Just imagine what would happen on UKRM if you'd said that to Champ...

She doesn't need to imagine...

Adrian Clark

Jan 11, 2007, 4:47:59 AM1/11/07
In article <50me0qF...@mid.individual.net>,
"Ivar Arnesen" <kmysleRE...@start.no> wrote:

> > Adrian Clark....the horse breeder.
> >
> > http://www.adrianclark.co.nz/
> >

> Would you buy a used horse from the man in the video?

I never *used* the horse. She was a consenting partner, even though she
initially said no.

Oops, I've said too much...

adrian

Cane

Jan 11, 2007, 5:14:49 AM1/11/07
Wicked Uncle Nigel wrote:

> >> Over here at UKRM we've been using this:
> >> http://www.cane.ukrm.btinternet.co.uk/floyd.mp3
> >>
> >> To make these.
> >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6d7cUSR3Rw
> >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBFXxcK0SRc
> >
> >I'll promise not to tell Jan you've been using his backing track on
> >Youtube if you'll let me join in ;-)
> >
> >Here's my effort... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dyVpXv9aa4
>
> I like that.

Left handed too!

Dave

Jan 11, 2007, 5:24:26 AM1/11/07

Champ wrote:

> >> You win the sexiest bloke so far prize.
> >
> >You really should NOT have said that to him :-)
> >Just imagine what would happen on UKRM if you'd said that to Champ...
>
> She doesn't need to imagine...

heh.
I'll take your word for that

Champ

Jan 11, 2007, 5:29:43 AM1/11/07

Yeah! Bet he's *amazing* playing right-handed!

Pete Fisher

Jan 11, 2007, 5:40:58 AM1/11/07
In communiqué <9qtaq2h8quk3b1vq0...@4ax.com>, Champ
<ne...@champ.org.uk> cast forth these pearls of wisdom

>On 10 Jan 2007 14:32:23 -0800, "Adrian Clark" <sfo...@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Cane wrote:
>>> Over here at UKRM we've been using this:
>>> http://www.cane.ukrm.btinternet.co.uk/floyd.mp3
>>>
>>> To make these.
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6d7cUSR3Rw
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBFXxcK0SRc
>>
>>I'll promise not to tell Jan you've been using his backing track on
>>Youtube if you'll let me join in ;-)
>>
>>Here's my effort... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dyVpXv9aa4
>
>Hey, that's lovely.
>
>>Even though I've used that backing track for actual Gilmour style
>>articles on a couple of occasions, I still found it really hard to pull
>>out some melodic bits like he does, rather than just burbling up and
>>down the scales. I should practise more.
>
>It's was a hell of a lot more melodic than mine!

Perhaps not 'a hell of a lot', but more my cup of tea.

<currently working on a basic 'Pretty Woman' style bass line for my
second lesson this afternoon, to convince 'Sir' I have been practising>

| Pete Fisher at Home: Pe...@ps-fisher.demon.co.uk |
| Voxan Roadster Gilera Nordwest Yamaha WR250Z |
| Gilera GFR Moto Morini 2C/375 |

Dave

Jan 11, 2007, 6:01:34 AM1/11/07

Pete Fisher wrote:
> <currently working on a basic 'Pretty Woman' style bass line for my
> second lesson this afternoon, to convince 'Sir' I have been practising>

Pretty Woman Stylee?

Not Pretty Woman per se, but try this for something similar sounding
and simple to learn.
(excuse crappy tab formatting - Google Groups y'see):

(12 bar in A)

This against an A chord
G-----------------------------
D--------------5--5--7--5--
A--------7--7----------------
E--5--5----------------------

This against a D chord
G-----------------5--5--7--5--
D---------7--7-----------------
A--5--5-------------------------
E--------------------------------

This against an E chord
G----------------7--7--9--7--
D----------9--9----------------
A--7--7------------------------
E-------------------------------

Someone else will be along in a moment to correct me on something or
other...

Dave

Cane

Jan 11, 2007, 6:18:50 AM1/11/07
Champ wrote:

> >> I like that.
> >
> >Left handed too!
>
> Yeah! Bet he's *amazing* playing right-handed!

There's something weird about watching left handed guitarists in the
same way that left handed golfers look odd.

pe...@ps-fisher.demon.co.uk

Jan 11, 2007, 6:23:10 AM1/11/07

Dave wrote:
> Pretty Woman Stylee?
>
> Not Pretty Woman per se, but try this for something similar sounding
> and simple to learn.
> (excuse crappy tab formatting - Google Groups y'see):

Ta muchly. I will get Sir to give me his version.
My practice task is only 'Stylee' . It's just that when 'Sir'
demostrated it ,that is what came to mind.

G-----------------------------
D--------------5--5--4---
A--------4--7-----------7---
E--5--5----------------------

BTW. A tab editor. Anywhere I can download one [1]? I could JFGI or
search the archives but personally recommendation is always best.

[1] free - need you ask?
--

Pete Fisher

Cane

Jan 11, 2007, 6:29:06 AM1/11/07
p...@ps-fisher.demon.co.uk wrote:
> Dave wrote:

> BTW. A tab editor. Anywhere I can download one [1]? I could JFGI or
> search the archives but personally recommendation is always best.

http://www.power-tab.net/

Dave

Jan 11, 2007, 6:29:17 AM1/11/07

p...@ps-fisher.demon.co.uk wrote:

> BTW. A tab editor. Anywhere I can download one [1]? I could JFGI or
> search the archives but personally recommendation is always best.

If its just basic tab, I normally just use Notepad.

Years ago, there was stuff like Bucket o'Tab around for free, but I
haven't seen or heard of that for ages.
I'll dust off the old floppies (that is NOT a euphemism :-?) at home
and see if I've still got anything useful.

GuitarPro is decent but you ionly get a 15 day free trial and then have
to pay for it.

Pete Fisher

Jan 11, 2007, 7:21:22 AM1/11/07
In communiqué <1168514946....@o58g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,
Cane <Cane...@gmail.com> cast forth these pearls of wisdom

Now I will never get any work done!

Pete Fisher

Jan 11, 2007, 7:19:29 AM1/11/07
In communiqué <1168514957.7...@i56g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
Dave <dave.be...@googlemail.com> cast forth these pearls of wisdom

Thanks for the offer, but I think Cane just got me hooked on yet another
way to while away my time.

nosferatu

Jan 11, 2007, 7:31:26 AM1/11/07

An ugly biker walks into his local pub with a big grin on his
face...........

"What are you so happy about?" asks the barman.
"Well, I'll tell you," replies the ugly man. "You know, I live by the
railway. Well, on my way home last night, I noticed a young woman tied
to the tracks, like in the movies. I, of course, went and cut her free
and took her back to my place. Anyway, to make a long story short, I
scored big time!
We made love all night, all over the house. We did everything, me on
top, sometimes her on top, every position imaginable!"
"Fantastic!" exclaimed the barman. "You lucky guy. Was she pretty?"
"Dunno...Never found the head."

Woody

Jan 11, 2007, 1:23:45 PM1/11/07
Cane <Cane...@gmail.com> wrote:

They do. And right handed ones.

--
Woody

www.alienrat.com

Jose de las Heras

Jan 11, 2007, 8:06:48 PM1/11/07

"Jools" <julia...@btinternet.com> wrote in message

Yeah, Adrian Clarke, isn't that the guy from Iron Maiden?

;-)

Jose
--
Musha ring dum a doo dum a dah - www.mcnach.com
Current fave guitar: Fender 'Sambora' Stratocaster

Fender Stratocaster - part coffee table, part spaceship.

Ivar Arnesen

Jan 11, 2007, 8:16:48 PM1/11/07

"Jose de las Heras" <jos...@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Jools" <julia...@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Cane wrote:

> >> Wow! That's _the_ Adrian Clark.
> >
> > Who?
> >
> > Cheers
> > Jools
>
> Yeah, Adrian Clarke, isn't that the guy from Iron Maiden?
>
> ;-)

I once found a pick signed by the other guy; Dave Murray,
but I misunderstood, and sent it to Clive Murray.

He has way more hair, so it seemed appropriate.

Ivar

Work in progress

Jan 11, 2007, 8:34:14 PM1/11/07
On Tue, 9 Jan 2007 12:04:56 -0000, "Jaygo"
<jaygo99...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Mmmmmmmmm Girl bikers

You called?

So do I actually have to play a real guitar to post here rather than
just doing air guitar to rock tracks? [1]

Hi Cane, Dave, possibly Champ and any other UKRMers lurking, I was
bored and some of this lot amused me in the cross posting.

[1] Only in the privacy of my own room of course, there's a time and
place for that sort of thing.
--
Work in progress
I promise not to break them.

Work in progress

Jan 11, 2007, 8:38:23 PM1/11/07

Hello Ivar, pleased to meet you.

Here's a little piece of information that may have escaped you. Not
only blokes ride bikes. In the interest of spreading knowledge, here's
another piece - of those that do, only some of them are gay.
--
Work in progress
<smiles sweetly>

Mark Williams

Jan 12, 2007, 6:00:08 AM1/12/07

> On Tue, 9 Jan 2007 12:04:56 -0000, "Jaygo"
> <jaygo99...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Mmmmmmmmm Girl bikers
>
> You called?

You're welcome

> So do I actually have to play a real guitar to post here rather than

No but reading the FAQ may help
http://www.ukmg.org.uk/faq.html

> just doing air guitar to rock tracks? [1]

Air guitar is OK, just practice your technique:
http://www.mirrorimage.com/air/

Ivar Arnesen

Jan 12, 2007, 6:24:43 AM1/12/07

"Work in progress" <spam...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

I thought more funny in a UKMG way to suggest you were a gay man,
it may say more about me, but so be it. We allready know Adrian is popular
with the women.

Being from a modern Scandinavian country, I have had a female biker as boss
without losing sleep over it.

Ivar

Adrian Clark

Jan 12, 2007, 6:32:30 AM1/12/07
In article <50p9fkF...@mid.individual.net>,
"Ivar Arnesen" <kmysleRE...@start.no> wrote:

> We allready know Adrian is popular
> with the women.

We do? I wish they'd told me!

Adrian

Ivar Arnesen

Jan 12, 2007, 6:47:24 AM1/12/07

> In article <50p9fkF...@mid.individual.net>,
> "Ivar Arnesen" <kmysleRE...@start.no> wrote:
>
> > We allready know Adrian is popular
> > with the women.
>
> We do? I wish they'd told me!
>

> Adrian

I seem to remember an old story from a PU at The Chandos involving a drunk
Italian girl....?

Ivar

Adrian Clark

Jan 12, 2007, 7:57:24 AM1/12/07
In article <50paq6F...@mid.individual.net>,
"Ivar Arnesen" <kmysleRE...@start.no> wrote:

> I seem to remember an old story from a PU at The Chandos involving a drunk
> Italian girl....?

Ah no, she wasn't impressed with me, because I refused to make an effort
with her sultry Latin dancing :)

adrian

Jaygo

Jan 12, 2007, 11:11:51 AM1/12/07

"Work in progress" <spam...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

> On Tue, 9 Jan 2007 12:04:56 -0000, "Jaygo"
> <jaygo99...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Mmmmmmmmm Girl bikers
>
> You called?

No I wrote, things are much better in a note. plus I
don't have a clue where you are so I didn't call.

> So do I actually have to play a real guitar to post here rather than
> just doing air guitar to rock tracks? [1]

Air Guitar is the first stage, now try broom handle or
tennis racquet. Eventually you will move on to a guitar.

> Hi Cane, Dave, possibly Champ and any other UKRMers lurking, I was
> bored and some of this lot amused me in the cross posting.

You hit the nail on the head, this is a great group for a
laugh, I'm sure you think the same of your bike group.

david morley

Jan 13, 2007, 4:14:37 AM1/13/07
Adrian Clark wrote:
ube if you'll let me join in ;-)

> Even though I've used that backing track for actual Gilmour style
> articles on a couple of occasions, I still found it really hard to pull
> out some melodic bits like he does, rather than just burbling up and
> down the scales. I should practise more.
>

> Adrian

Great!
Damn... note to self...jealousy is bad...I must not be jealous....

david morley

Jan 13, 2007, 4:15:35 AM1/13/07
Champ wrote:

> It's was a hell of a lot more melodic than mine! (the second one
> above). As I said to Cane, I have two tricks:
> 1. Hold a long, soulful bend
> 2. Play lots of notes.

You must be Gary Moore then? ;-)

It is loading more messages.