What is making you happy?

Claire

Jan 31, 2002, 8:51:09 AM1/31/02

I've booked a weekend away for the whole family (us, mum & dad, my sisters
and their respective partners and children) in a lovely looking farmhouse in
coastal wales in March which should afford much good bike riding.

The restaurant I tried and failed to book us into for my birthday tommorrow
night have just phoned me back to offer me a cancellation they just had. So
tommorrow I can look forward to an evening of wine tasting, a la carte food
and some disco dancing.

Pipex are doing self-install DSL for no setup fee and 25 quid + VAT a month
and after extensive discussion with a helpful miscreant and his mates, I have
a good idea what kit I'm going to put with it to stormingly upgrade my home
network.

I've ordered an "ab-doer" as my birthday pressie from my mum and I *will*
achieve that 6-pack before Easter.

I went for a cracking 11.7 mile off-road night cycle last night and our new
GPS handheld has full details of the route we took, the average speed
(6.something mph), top speed (23. something mph), height climed (525feet) etc
and tonight we will upload the data onto the PC and print out the map too.

These are a few of the things that are making me happy.

How about you?

Claire
* "And though we say all information should be free it is not. *
* Information is power and currency of the virtual world we inhabit." *

Dave Mayall

Jan 31, 2002, 9:16:32 AM1/31/02
Claire wrote:

> These are a few of the things that are making me happy.
>
> How about you?

The prospect of redundancy.

Escape from this crappy company is a good thing. Getting a sizeable
wedge in the process more so.

SomeBlokeCalledRapunzelSyndrome

Jan 31, 2002, 9:37:20 AM1/31/02
Claire wrote:

> I've booked <summat nice>
>
> The restaurant <summat nice>
>
> Pipex are doing <summat nice>
>
> I've ordered <summat nice>
>
> I went for <summat nice>

Which brand of tampon is this an advert for then?

--
30.5 - 22.5

Victoria

Jan 31, 2002, 9:48:45 AM1/31/02
Claire <per...@mcc.ac.uk> wrote:

> I've booked a weekend away for the whole family (us, mum & dad, my sisters
> and their respective partners and children)

Blimey. You're brave.
I spent this weekend with my brother and we visited my mum, and then my
dad and his wife. And it was rubbish. We've decided that the best thing
to do is pretend they don't exist. 13.99. Tsk.

> These are a few of the things that are making me happy.
>
> How about you?

Ooh, well, lets see.
Calling IainR short and nice.
Liam finally getting a result.
My mate finally getting her man.
Going to Cardiff for the cup final.
Being all smitten.
My underwear collection.

Sam Nelson

Jan 31, 2002, 9:56:52 AM1/31/02
In article <a3bi4d$1utf$1...@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk>,
per...@mcc.ac.uk (Claire) writes:
> How about you?

I know it's sad and systems-adminny, but
- the fact that you can add disks to Sun fileservers and hence grow
filesystems live without anyone noticing
- given that there has to be lots of Windows kit around the place,
Altiris eXpress Deployment Server is turning out to be a really rather
smart way to get them to do _something_ like what they ought to do.

Other than that:
- the new 50m swimming pool a couple of hundred yards from my office
- people are beginning to tell me I look thinner
- I might be going to get my employer to pay for my next PDA
- Ericsson T68s are UKP30 cheaper this week (which isn't cheap enough yet
but it's the right direction)
- err, that's it, I reckon

There's no ADSL where I live yet, but it's tantalisingly close.
--
SAm.

Claire

Jan 31, 2002, 9:58:47 AM1/31/02
Dave Mayall <da...@research-group.co.uk> writes:
>Claire wrote:
>
>> These are a few of the things that are making me happy.
>>
>> How about you?
>
>The prospect of redundancy.

It's a funny old world, isn't it?

Victoria

Jan 31, 2002, 10:00:48 AM1/31/02
Liam <lpcN...@meouse47.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

> Alright, not having an impending moment of doom to worry about
> anymore, having lots of money to spend (once the BA get their arses in
> gear), and seeing Vic's bum in a dream the other night.

What was it doing, btw? Anything impolite, or minty?

SomeBlokeCalledRapunzelSyndrome

Jan 31, 2002, 10:03:40 AM1/31/02
Victoria wrote:

> Claire <per...@mcc.ac.uk> wrote:

> > These are a few of the things that are making me happy.
> >
> > How about you?

> My underwear collection.

Oh stop it
--
30.5 - 22.5

Victoria

Jan 31, 2002, 10:08:25 AM1/31/02
SomeBlokeCalledRapunzelSyndrome <daveD...@man.ac.uk> wrote:

No, it really is. And it wants to cos it's cost me a fortune. This week
my new acquisitions are 'bridal' apparently.

Sam Nelson

Jan 31, 2002, 10:14:35 AM1/31/02
In article <1f6vr0x.ykagl91sfhsefN@[192.168.0.4]>,

What on earth is `bridal' underwear.
--
SAm.

Claire

Jan 31, 2002, 10:21:51 AM1/31/02

Interestingly/Amusingly[*] I had PMS for 3 days this week in a serious 'don't
fuck with me man' 'boo hoo' 'everything hurts' in rapid succesion (and
looping) way. I don't get any of this normally, so I think my body saved up
a year or two's worth and packed it into a crazed couple of days.

Which isn't a bad thing, necessarily.

And I got my tea made for me too. From fear or sympathy I'm not sure.

Claire

[*] delete as appropriate

Victoria

Jan 31, 2002, 10:26:42 AM1/31/02
Sam Nelson <s...@ssrl.org.uk> wrote:

White and small with a bit of lace.

Tim Emanuel

Jan 31, 2002, 10:33:06 AM1/31/02
On Thu, 31 Jan 2002 15:00:48 GMT, Victoria wrote:

>What was it doing, btw? Anything impolite, or minty?

If you were having lamb, and there was no mint sauce, would
toothpaste be an acceptable substitute?
--
Tim Emanuel http://cantona.org.uk

Follow, follow, follow...

Sam Nelson

Jan 31, 2002, 10:33:46 AM1/31/02
In article <1f6vruv.1aw5s6a1j5bobdN@[192.168.0.4]>,

vi...@appleonline.net (Victoria) writes:
> Sam Nelson <s...@ssrl.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > In article <1f6vr0x.ykagl91sfhsefN@[192.168.0.4]>,
> > vi...@appleonline.net (Victoria) writes:

> > > No, it really is. And it wants to cos it's cost me a fortune. This week
> > > my new acquisitions are 'bridal' apparently.
> >
> > What on earth is `bridal' underwear.
>
> White and small with a bit of lace.

Oh. Ah. Ooh. I wonder if I've a change of underwear available. Hmm.
--
SAm.

Sam Nelson

Jan 31, 2002, 10:38:47 AM1/31/02
In article <slrna5jae...@cantona.org.uk>,

t...@cantona.org.uk (Tim Emanuel) writes:
> On Thu, 31 Jan 2002 15:00:48 GMT, Victoria wrote:
>
> >What was it doing, btw? Anything impolite, or minty?
>
> If you were having lamb, and there was no mint sauce, would
> toothpaste be an acceptable substitute?

I guess it'd have to be mint toothpaste.
--
SAm.

Angela Diesch

Jan 31, 2002, 10:18:13 AM1/31/02
Claire wrote:

> These are a few of the things that are making me happy.
>
> How about you?

I'm going to a hotel in Wasdale Head (Lakes) for three nights during
half term. Someone else had the idea and has booked it and
everything. I'm looking forward to three days away from work, in good
company.
--
Ange
Ramblings here, http://www.livejournal.com/users/anged/

Claire

Jan 31, 2002, 10:47:24 AM1/31/02
vi...@appleonline.net (Victoria) writes:
>Claire <per...@mcc.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>> I've booked a weekend away for the whole family (us, mum & dad, my sisters
>> and their respective partners and children)
>
>Blimey. You're brave.
>I spent this weekend with my brother and we visited my mum, and then my
>dad and his wife. And it was rubbish. We've decided that the best thing
>to do is pretend they don't exist. 13.99. Tsk.

We used to do it about once a year, popping off to Oasis for a weekend. Only
the Oasis got pants and now they do this whole "Children over 2 must have
their own bed" so we can't cram 10 of us into one 4 bedroom villa and put the
kids on inflatable beds like we used to. Hiring two villas would be stupidly
expensive, whereas this house is really cheap (280 quid all in for 4
nights, accom only). The only thing is, there's lots of things for people to
go off and do and be out of everyone elses hair at Oasis. Not sure you can
say the same about caernarfon (although I suspect there will be a fair bit).

Anyway, we'll be off biking most of the time anyway. Given that the doctor
said yesterday that Graham is healing nicely but should stay on-road for the
next 5 weeks till he gets the all-clear on the X-rays and his new bike
arrives on Saturday and he's already chomping at the bit. Give it 6 weeks
and we'll be lucky to see him for meals...

>My mate finally getting her man.

I read that as "mam" the first three times ...

>My underwear collection.

How about Liam dreaming about your bum?

Willy Eckerslyke

Jan 31, 2002, 7:32:24 PM1/31/02

Leather.
With big shiny buckles made of brass.
Mmmm!

--
Regards, Willy.

PTO

Tim Emanuel

Jan 31, 2002, 11:36:03 AM1/31/02
>Claire wrote:
>
>> These are a few of the things that are making me happy.
>>
>> How about you?

I'm off to France to watch football in a couple of weeks. Two nights in La
Rochelle, then two nights in Nantes. Train tickets arrived tihs morning,
hotels all booked on t'Interweb. Excellent!

Sam Nelson

Jan 31, 2002, 11:43:55 AM1/31/02
In article <a3bouc$25uv$1...@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk>,

per...@mcc.ac.uk (Claire) writes:
> vi...@appleonline.net (Victoria) writes:
> >Claire <per...@mcc.ac.uk> wrote:
> >
> >> I've booked a weekend away for the whole family (us, mum & dad, my sisters
> >> and their respective partners and children)
> >
> >Blimey. You're brave.
> >I spent this weekend with my brother and we visited my mum, and then my
> >dad and his wife. And it was rubbish. We've decided that the best thing
> >to do is pretend they don't exist. 13.99. Tsk.
>
> We used to do it about once a year, popping off to Oasis for a weekend. Only
> then Oasis got pants

It was sold. Dunno if that counted for much, but we're trying it again this
Easter-ish. Course, we only have the two kids.
--
SAm.

Sam Nelson

Jan 31, 2002, 11:44:43 AM1/31/02
In article <3C59E2...@801sso.backwards>,

The same image was in my head. Bits between teeth, and all that.
--
SAm.

Willy Eckerslyke

Jan 31, 2002, 7:47:26 PM1/31/02
Claire wrote:

> These are a few of the things that are making me happy.
>
> How about you?

A very high tide at around lunchtime combined with gale-force
winds made for some spectacular wet bits.
I've handed in my tax return with nine hours to go.
DVD-RW drive on order.
Discovering that the website I'm now in charge of contains
11,000 files in 740 folders arranged with no apparent regard
for even the most basic housekeeping. Erm, no sorry that wasn't
"happy", that was something rather different.

--
Regards, Willy.

PTO

Hypodeemic Nerdle

Jan 31, 2002, 4:06:11 PM1/31/02
Cats. Cats cats cats cats. I love all cats.

Seinfeld on Paramount.

Wednesday nights out with cross-dressed acquaintances.

Audiogalaxy.

The first album by Masters Of Reality (presently playing).

Mr Philip F Jones.

--
Gary Robert Kelly
"I PUT OUT MY LARGE METAL PENGUIN ON A COUPLE OF BLOCKS

Farter Mike

Jan 31, 2002, 5:36:07 PM1/31/02
In article <a3bi4d$1utf$1...@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk>, per...@mcc.ac.uk says...

> These are a few of the things that are making me happy.
>
> How about you?

New computer (super fast)
Kevin Smith Special Edition DVDs (Dogma is fantastic)
Grand Theft Auto 3 on the Playstation 2
My lovely wife
uk.misc

Not necessarily in that order.

--
Farter Mike
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane"

Julian.Edge

Jan 31, 2002, 5:41:48 PM1/31/02
"Farter Mike" <useles...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> In article <a3bi4d$1utf$1...@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk>, per...@mcc.ac.uk says...
> >
> > These are a few of the things that are making me happy.
> >
> > How about you?
>
> New computer (super fast)
> Kevin Smith Special Edition DVDs (Dogma is fantastic)
> Grand Theft Auto 3 on the Playstation 2
> My lovely wife
> uk.misc
>
> Not necessarily in that order.

No? I'd have come up with that order.

Special Edition, you jammy git.

Farter Mike

Jan 31, 2002, 5:56:11 PM1/31/02
In article <a3ch7i$177h5p$1...@ID-97562.news.dfncis.de>,
Julia...@btinternet.com says...

> "Farter Mike" <useles...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

<SNIP Great Things>

> > Not necessarily in that order.

> No? I'd have come up with that order.

Depending on the time of the day they can move about a bit.

> Special Edition, you jammy git.

Yep. £17 from Play247.com Region 1. (I got it free 'cos I won £50 on a
puggy in the work's club and spent it on that, "Clerks" and the Simpsons
series 1 boxset!)
100 minutes of deleted scenes.
2 Audio commentaries
Outtakes
The dog's bollocks!

Tim Emanuel

Jan 31, 2002, 6:15:58 PM1/31/02
On Thu, 31 Jan 2002 22:56:11 -0000, Farter Mike wrote:
>In article <a3ch7i$177h5p$1...@ID-97562.news.dfncis.de>,
>Julia...@btinternet.com says...
>> "Farter Mike" <useles...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
><SNIP Great Things>
>
>> > Not necessarily in that order.
>
>> No? I'd have come up with that order.
>
>Depending on the time of the day they can move about a bit.
>
>> Special Edition, you jammy git.
>
>Yep. £17 from Play247.com Region 1. (I got it free 'cos I won £50 on a
>puggy in the work's club and spent it on that, "Clerks" and the Simpsons
>series 1 boxset!)
>100 minutes of deleted scenes.
>2 Audio commentaries
>Outtakes
>The dog's bollocks!

If 46 minutes, J&SBSB is out this month. Woo Hoo!

The mallrats one is the best.

Farter Mike

Jan 31, 2002, 6:32:22 PM1/31/02
In article <slrna5k5i...@cantona.org.uk>, t...@cantona.org.uk
says...

> If 46 minutes, J&SBSB is out this month. Woo Hoo!

Still haven't seen that one yet. Can't wait, though.

> The mallrats one is the best.

Got it on video. But will definitely be getting it on DVD. Mmmm. Joey
Lauren Adams.

Sam Nelson

Feb 1, 2002, 3:07:43 AM2/1/02
In article <6hg04mg...@blue.kororaa.com>,
August West <aug...@kororaa.com> writes:

> s...@ssrl.org.uk (Sam Nelson) writes:
>
> > - Ericsson T68s are UKP30 cheaper this week (which isn't cheap
> > enough yet but it's the right direction)
>
> THe T39 is a nicer phone.

> > There's no ADSL where I live yet, but it's tantalisingly close.
>
> Don't hold your breath; it's not going to get any closer anytime soon.

As I think I said last week, if I hadn't moved house in 1999-08 (from t'other
side of Stirling to Bannockburn) I could've had it by now. It's that close.
--
SAm.

Sam Nelson

Feb 1, 2002, 3:38:10 AM2/1/02
In article <6hlmedb...@blue.kororaa.com>,
> It might as well be 20 miles away; BT have stoped, yes, STOPPED, the
> roll-out of ADSL, now that have hit the 60% coverage that they
> promised OFTEL. No more exchange upgrades will take place till they
> get a good takeup in the 60% that they have already done. And that
> doesnlt look like happening any time soon.

Oh. I was kinda hoping that what with B'burn exchange (five telegraph poles
up the hill from me) being some sort of satellite of the main Stirling exchange
it might be not all that far off. Sigh.
--
SAm.

alex....@munted.org.uk

Feb 1, 2002, 6:49:07 AM2/1/02
On Fri, 1 Feb 2002, Liam wrote:

> blac...@ntlworld.com (Hypodeemic Nerdle) wrote:
>
> >Cats. Cats cats cats cats. I love all cats.
>

> M3 2. Though if Phoebe wakes me up a 7am one more time, I may get
> jolly batey. She's lucky she's so cute or I would've been wearing her
> as a Davy Crockett hat a long time ago.

Yes yes yes.. cats are so much cooler and anyone who says otherwise can go
fuck themselves. With the way my love life is, cats are just about the
only ones who truly understands me. When I'm draped all over the sofa
watching my DVDs, they'll come and sit on my tummy, keep my heart happy
even though I may be depressed and fucked off, and whenever I come home
they'll be welcoming me home with open arms etc etc.

--
The best things in life are for free.

http://www.munted.org.uk

Richard Revis

Feb 1, 2002, 8:02:28 AM2/1/02
"August West" <aug...@kororaa.com> wrote in message
> s...@ssrl.org.uk (Sam Nelson) writes:

> > - Ericsson T68s are UKP30 cheaper this week (which isn't cheap
> > enough yet but it's the right direction)
>
> THe T39 is a nicer phone.

Not that is has much competition from the T68. I noticed that they elected
not to call it the T69, cowards.

They missed a chance with the V66(6) as well. What is it with these phone
type people and avoiding controversy?

Richard Revis

Feb 1, 2002, 8:04:08 AM2/1/02
"Hypodeemic Nerdle" <blac...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

> Cats. Cats cats cats cats. I love all cats.

Dogs taste so much better. Fried anyway - you wouldn't want to eat one that
had been boiled.

Steve Walker

Jan 31, 2002, 3:25:21 PM1/31/02
In article <a3bi4d$1utf$1...@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk>, Claire <per...@mcc.ac.uk>
writes

>These are a few of the things that are making me happy.
>
>How about you?

IITY,IHTKY.

And, anyway, pace OldBloke, YRDWTK.

--
Steve Walker
steve at otolith dot demon dot co dot uk

Alex Buell

Feb 1, 2002, 8:28:14 AM2/1/02
Nothing is making me happy. Feck off the whole lot of you happy loons!

Sam Nelson

Feb 1, 2002, 8:55:51 AM2/1/02
In article <a3ce05$jpi$7...@anubis.demon.co.uk>,
hu...@nospam.huge.org.uk (Huge) writes:
> In article <a3blvk$t0v$1...@wallace.stir.ac.uk>, s...@ssrl.org.uk (Sam Nelson) writes:
> >In article <a3bi4d$1utf$1...@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk>,
> > per...@mcc.ac.uk (Claire) writes:
> >> How about you?
> >
> >I know it's sad and systems-adminny, but
> > - the fact that you can add disks to Sun fileservers and hence grow
> > filesystems live without anyone noticing
>
> Blimey. Been able to do that in AIX for about 10 years.

Been able to do that to Solaris for, oh, at least half a dozen (Mr Batten?)
but I've never needed to do it before, that's all. I needed to do it this
week, and I did, and it worked, and it made me happy.

> >There's no ADSL where I live yet, but it's tantalisingly close.
>

> Bastard.

However, if August's correct, it could be available next door or 20 miles away
and be no `nearer' in any significant sense.
--
SAm.

Willy Eckerslyke

Feb 1, 2002, 5:27:10 PM2/1/02
Huge wrote:

> Got my ISDN working.
>
> Got my bonus.
>
> Got my pay rise.
>
> Found out I've been put forward for promotion.

Could you just remind us of how many hours of the day you spend working
or travelling to work, please. Then I can congratulate you and actually
mean it.

--
Regards, Willy.

PTO

Ian G Batten

Feb 1, 2002, 9:49:45 AM2/1/02
I've booked a few days in London with the children for half-term, and
managed to get an appartment for half the rack rate.

My daughters, aged three and five, turning into little foodies so that I
can enjoy decent restaurants during a trip to London. It may be
precocious and expensive that they answer ``Petit Blanc'' when asked
where they'd like to eat, but it saves me having to eat in the Golden
Arches.

For the first time in some months, my backups are at last reliable
(having three terabytes of data and worrying about the backups doesn't
aid sleep).

The new Lucinda Williams album.

Providing pre-sales support to miscreants who have chosen The Right
Broadband Technology.

ian

Linz

Feb 1, 2002, 9:57:33 AM2/1/02

"Claire" <per...@mcc.ac.uk> wrote in message

> These are a few of the things that are making me happy.
>
> How about you?

Getting 18 chapters of the Boss's latest book to the publisher one day
early, leaving me only the bibliography to sort through.
It's Friday and I knock off at 4.30.
Being solvent again at last.
SomeBloke.

Sam Nelson

Feb 1, 2002, 10:00:22 AM2/1/02
In article <a3ead0$7k2$1...@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk>,
"Linz" <sp...@lindsayendell.co.uk> writes:
> SomeBloke.

<ALTOGETHERNOW>
Aaaaaah...
</ALTOGETHERNOW>
--
SAm.

Tim Emanuel

Feb 1, 2002, 10:08:05 AM2/1/02

ysthm "bleurgh" hth hand vomit

Tim Emanuel

Feb 1, 2002, 10:08:51 AM2/1/02
On Fri, 1 Feb 2002 14:57:33 -0000, Linz wrote:

>Getting 18 chapters of the Boss's latest book to the publisher one day
>early, leaving me only the bibliography to sort through.

Wasn't in access was it?

SomeBlokeCalledRapunzelSyndrome

Feb 1, 2002, 10:18:50 AM2/1/02
Tim Emanuel wrote:

> On 1 Feb 2002 15:00:22 GMT, Sam Nelson wrote:
> >In article <a3ead0$7k2$1...@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk>,
> > "Linz" <sp...@lindsayendell.co.uk> writes:
> >> SomeBloke.
> >
> ><ALTOGETHERNOW>
> >Aaaaaah...
> ></ALTOGETHERNOW>
>
> ysthm "bleurgh" hth hand vomit

What she means is, I just gave her a cheque for my share of this
month's housekeeping.

--
31.5 - 23.5
Details on request

Alex Buell

Feb 1, 2002, 10:45:38 AM2/1/02
On Fri, 1 Feb 2002, Linz wrote:

> SomeBloke.

I feel the same way about the girl I'm highly interested. Oddly enough I
can be so off her and the next moment, I can be in love with her all over
again!

I'm confused.

MikeB

Feb 1, 2002, 1:05:33 PM2/1/02
In article <a3bi4d$1utf$1...@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk>, per...@mcc.ac.uk says...

> These are a few of the things that are making me happy.
>
> How about you?

Finally finished my three day training course in UML and associated
wibble. And so endeth a three day famine of no net access and 3 hours of
commuting.

--
Mike Beckett
Replace 'spam' with first name to email

Julian.Edge

Feb 1, 2002, 6:22:50 PM2/1/02
"Huge" <hu...@nospam.huge.org.uk> wrote in message

> I get up at 4am. It takes me three hours to get my socks on.
> I leave the house at 7am, get to my desk at 8:40am, leave the office
> at 5pm sharp (OK, 5 too, really) and get home again at 18:40.
> All with the satisfaction of knowing I've done fuck all work.

Working out well at the railways, then?

Ian G Batten

Feb 2, 2002, 3:33:49 AM2/2/02
In article <a3e6p7$gre$2...@wallace.stir.ac.uk>,

Sam Nelson <s...@ssrl.org.uk> wrote:
> > Blimey. Been able to do that in AIX for about 10 years.
>
> Been able to do that to Solaris for, oh, at least half a dozen (Mr Batten?)

Far longer: I think it's always been in DiskSuite and that was available
in the late eighties or early 90s. Auspexes could always do it, which
again is early 90s, and because the older ones used SunOS 4 filesystem
formats and binaries, I think they just used the SunOS 4 mkfs to do the
expansion. After that it's just a matter of being able to write lock a
filesystem.

The crap thing about growing Solaris fileystsme is it takes for ever and
it's write locked while it's happening: 140GB->220GB takes about four
hours. An Auspex today can do that almost instantly, because it doesn't
need to pre-allocate inodes.

ian

Ian G Batten

Feb 2, 2002, 3:39:11 AM2/2/02
In article <6helk59...@blue.kororaa.com>,
August West <aug...@kororaa.com> wrote:

> Ian G Batten <I.G.B...@batten.eu.org> writes:
>
> > Providing pre-sales support to miscreants who have chosen The Right
> > Broadband Technology.
>
> Which Is?

DSL. Of course.

ian

Linz

Feb 2, 2002, 3:17:08 PM2/2/02
On Fri, 01 Feb 2002 15:08:05 GMT, Tim Emanuel wrote:

> On 1 Feb 2002 15:00:22 GMT, Sam Nelson wrote:
> >In article <a3ead0$7k2$1...@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk>,
> > "Linz" <sp...@lindsayendell.co.uk> writes:
> >> SomeBloke.
> >
> ><ALTOGETHERNOW>
> >Aaaaaah...
> ></ALTOGETHERNOW>
>
> ysthm "bleurgh" hth hand vomit

Scuse me? So Vic and Sue can mention their blokes, and Farter Mike can
mention his missus, but if I mention my bloke it's 'bleurgh'? What's
that about then?
--
grazer of knees, adorner of imputrescible Nappa, nemesis of
fools, smiter of the ill-mannered, lambaster of the impolite,

Linz

Feb 2, 2002, 3:17:09 PM2/2/02
On Fri, 01 Feb 2002 15:18:50 +0000, SomeBlokeCalledRapunzelSyndrome
wrote:

Which explains why I'm finally solvent again.
He may beat me at Scrabble, but he does have his uses.

Tim Emanuel

Feb 2, 2002, 5:04:20 PM2/2/02
On Sat, 02 Feb 2002 20:17:08 +0000, Linz wrote:
>On Fri, 01 Feb 2002 15:08:05 GMT, Tim Emanuel wrote:
>
>> On 1 Feb 2002 15:00:22 GMT, Sam Nelson wrote:
>> >
>> ><ALTOGETHERNOW>
>> >Aaaaaah...
>> ></ALTOGETHERNOW>
>>
>> ysthm "bleurgh" hth hand vomit
>
>Scuse me? So Vic and Sue can mention their blokes, and Farter Mike can
>mention his missus, but if I mention my bloke it's 'bleurgh'? What's
>that about then?

Look at the time I posted. It was more fun than work to do so.

Julian.Edge

Feb 2, 2002, 5:36:07 PM2/2/02
"Linz" <sp...@lindsayendell.co.uk> wrote in message

> > What she means is, I just gave her a cheque for my share of this
> > month's housekeeping.
>

> Which explains why I'm finally abusing solvents again.

PCB cleaner spray works on PCs and its almost pure alcohol.

I've got a shiny PC.

Julian.Edge

Feb 2, 2002, 5:37:40 PM2/2/02
"Linz" <sp...@lindsayendell.co.uk> wrote in message

> > ysthm "bleurgh" hth hand vomit

> Scuse me? So Vic and Sue can mention their blokes, and Farter Mike can
> mention his missus, but if I mention my bloke it's 'bleurgh'? What's
> that about then?

Yep. We all hate you.

Or is it me, I can't remember a fucking thing since I saw Memento.

Shereen

Feb 2, 2002, 6:26:22 PM2/2/02
MikeB wrote:

> And so endeth a three day famine of no net access and 3 hours of
> commuting.

Three whole hours. How on earth did you survive bro? That must have
multiplied your usual commute by - what - nine times. Is the car OK?

Shereen

--
"i'd tell all my friends but they'd never believe me,
they'd think that i'd finally lost it completely."

http://www.eLancer2000.com - work globally, locally

MikeB

Feb 2, 2002, 6:42:15 PM2/2/02
In article <3C5C759E...@btinternet.com>, she...@btinternet.com
says...

> MikeB wrote:
>
> > And so endeth a three day famine of no net access and 3 hours of
> > commuting.
>
> Three whole hours. How on earth did you survive bro? That must have
> multiplied your usual commute by - what - nine times. Is the car OK?

Well it turned the 5 minutes to work into 90 minutes, and the 5 mniutes
home likewise. That's about 2 months of normal work travelling.

You're lucky you're outside slapping distance.

Linz

Feb 3, 2002, 5:22:55 AM2/3/02
On Fri, 01 Feb 2002 15:08:51 GMT, Tim Emanuel wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Feb 2002 14:57:33 -0000, Linz wrote:
>
> >Getting 18 chapters of the Boss's latest book to the publisher one day
> >early, leaving me only the bibliography to sort through.
>
> Wasn't in access was it?

Haha. No. Only, I suspect, because one of the author's doesn't know
how to use Access. Mind, he doesn't know how to write bibliographical
references. One of his chapters has five references to Smith (2000).
At the end of the chapter he's given me two complete references to
Smith 2000. After a pointed phone call to him he was able to tell me
that all the references to Smith 2000 were to just one of the Smiths
at the end of the chapter. After a sharp Yes? from me he was able to
narrow that down to the particular Smith.

Jeez, academics...

Tim Emanuel

Feb 3, 2002, 6:06:17 AM2/3/02
On Sun, 03 Feb 2002 10:22:55 +0000, Linz wrote:

>Haha. No. Only, I suspect, because one of the author's doesn't know
^^^^^^^^

EEK! EEK! EEK! EEK! EEK! EEK! EEK! EEK! EEK! EEK! EEK! EEK!

Linz

Feb 3, 2002, 1:36:22 PM2/3/02

Oh, come on, I'm sure you can do better than that. How'm I sposed to
have an argument, eh?

Linz

Feb 3, 2002, 1:36:25 PM2/3/02
On Sat, 2 Feb 2002 22:37:40 -0000, Julian.Edge wrote:

> "Linz" <sp...@lindsayendell.co.uk> wrote in message
>
> > > ysthm "bleurgh" hth hand vomit
> >
> > Scuse me? So Vic and Sue can mention their blokes, and Farter Mike can
> > mention his missus, but if I mention my bloke it's 'bleurgh'? What's
> > that about then?
>
> Yep. We all hate you.

Right. That'll be why none of you wants to go for a drink next
Saturday. Fine.

> Or is it me, I can't remember a fucking thing since I saw Memento.

Wossat then?

Linz

Feb 3, 2002, 1:36:28 PM2/3/02
On Sat, 02 Feb 2002 23:34:05 +0000, Sue wrote:

> On Sat, 02 Feb 2002 20:17:08 +0000, Linz <sp...@lindsayendell.co.uk>
> said:

> >Scuse me? So Vic and Sue can mention their blokes, and Farter Mike can
> >mention his missus, but if I mention my bloke it's 'bleurgh'? What's
> >that about then?
>

> They don't know my bloke, Vic's bloke or Farter Mike's Missus.

That was the only reason I could come up with.

Julian.Edge

Feb 3, 2002, 1:42:06 PM2/3/02
"Linz" <sp...@lindsayendell.co.uk> wrote in message

> > Yep. We all hate you.

> Right. That'll be why none of you wants to go for a drink next
> Saturday. Fine.

I'll do it. Gimme a call.

I just thought that the longer I left replying the more certain it was that
you all took it to email and you all really really hate me.

> > Or is it me, I can't remember a fucking thing since I saw Memento.
>
> Wossat then?

S'good fillum. Betcha watch it twice.

Linz

Feb 3, 2002, 1:51:27 PM2/3/02
On Sun, 03 Feb 2002 11:06:17 GMT, Tim Emanuel wrote:

> On Sun, 03 Feb 2002 10:22:55 +0000, Linz wrote:
> >
> >Haha. No. Only, I suspect, because one of the author's doesn't know
> ^^^^^^^^
>
> EEK! EEK! EEK! EEK! EEK! EEK! EEK! EEK! EEK! EEK! EEK! EEK!

I was tired. It was early. I have absolutely no excuses whatsoever.
Shoot me now.

annoyed by network outages

Feb 3, 2002, 2:20:03 PM2/3/02
In message <ok1r5ucu5nefho9i1...@4ax.com>, Linz
<sp...@lindsayendell.co.uk> writes:
>Shoot me now.

Paging Old Bloke, Paging Old Bloke...

Have you taken out the life insurance policy?

--
James Coupe but I lust after the raw pow0r of c.
PGP 0x5D623D5D together with the humping great

Tim Emanuel

Feb 3, 2002, 2:46:31 PM2/3/02
On Sun, 3 Feb 2002 18:42:06 -0000, Julian.Edge wrote:
>"Linz" <sp...@lindsayendell.co.uk> wrote in message
>
>> > Yep. We all hate you.
>>
>> Right. That'll be why none of you wants to go for a drink next
>> Saturday. Fine.
>
>I'll do it. Gimme a call.

Is that offer of a bed in High Wycombe still there? If so, m3 2.

Julian.Edge

Feb 3, 2002, 2:54:56 PM2/3/02
"Tim Emanuel" <t...@cantona.org.uk> wrote in message

> Is that offer of a bed in High Wycombe still there? If so, m3 2.

No worries. Need a map?

Ian G Batten

Feb 4, 2002, 3:13:37 AM2/4/02
In article <6hn0ys4...@blue.kororaa.com>,
> Best provided by whom?

I don't care: they all buy the underlying transport wholesale from BT,
and we just make the tin. Mine's BT, but I know people with Demon
getting good service too (and a static IP number thrown in).

ian

Sam Nelson

Feb 4, 2002, 3:29:04 AM2/4/02
In article <a3g89d$6c1$1...@ftel.ftel.co.uk>,

Ian G Batten <I.G.B...@batten.eu.org> writes:
> The crap thing about growing Solaris fileystsme is it takes for ever and
> it's write locked while it's happening: 140GB->220GB takes about four
> hours.

52->115Gb took 19 minutes, last week (unloaded 2*400MHz E250, S7+patches).
--
SAm.

Ian G Batten

Feb 4, 2002, 3:46:21 AM2/4/02
In article <a3lgog$34t$1...@wallace.stir.ac.uk>,

I believe it's related to the size of the growth and the original size.

I was doing the growth on a U2, 2x167MHz, mirrored SCSI multipacks. It
may not sound fast, but it support 600 IMAP users, does all inbound and
outbound mail and virus scans everything that goes through it...

ian

Erlendr the Lewd

Feb 4, 2002, 5:49:40 AM2/4/02
Claire wrote:

>These are a few of the things that are making me happy.
>
>How about you?

Being a stone lighter than I was 8 weeks ago and it beginning to make a
difference. Maybe an inch, maybe 2 off my waist. Brilliant.

Being able to be smug about having had a cable modem since ever.

Actually having my linux install usuable enough that it's now the
default and I only have to reboot into Windows for games and a decent
fucking webbrowser.

Only having 3 weeks of this job left, and then a week's holiday after
that.

Not thinking about the credit card bill cos it's interest free for a
couple of months yet so I don't have to pay it back until I'm actually
earning more.

Richard (awww) when he's not being grumpy.

--
l...@lspace.org http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~eleanorb/

Victoria

Feb 4, 2002, 7:25:50 AM2/4/02
Linz <sp...@lindsayendell.co.uk> wrote:

> Scuse me? So Vic and Sue can mention their blokes,

AhA! I didn't mention mine, I just said I was smitten.

Victoria

Feb 4, 2002, 7:25:50 AM2/4/02
Julian.Edge <Julia...@btinternet.com> wrote:

> Yep. We all hate you.
>
> Or is it me, I can't remember a fucking thing since I saw Memento.

Hahahahahahaha!

Claire

Feb 4, 2002, 12:07:53 PM2/4/02
hu...@nospam.huge.org.uk writes:

>>> Which Is?
>>
>>DSL. Of course.
>

>Pour quoi?

Literally (For what?) or colloquially (Why?)?

And with the pipex "no setup" 25+VAT/month 1-month contract deal - Why not?

Claire

* "And though we say all information should be free it is not. *
* Information is power and currency of the virtual world we inhabit." *

Claire

Feb 4, 2002, 12:11:24 PM2/4/02
Erlendr the Lewd <l...@lspace.org> writes:
>Claire wrote:
>>
>>These are a few of the things that are making me happy.
>>
>>How about you?
>
>Being a stone lighter than I was 8 weeks ago and it beginning to make a
>difference. Maybe an inch, maybe 2 off my waist. Brilliant.

Hurrah!

Wild applause!

Well done!

That's pretty good going you know. Has it really been 8 weeks already too?
I've just looked in my book, I'd lost 13.5 lbs after 8 weeks - but mine
didn't include christmas!

I've lost 2.5lbs since I started this contract on 15th October, though.
That's not good at all, even if it did include Christmas. I want to get down
to target (about another 7-10lb to go) before it's been a year, and that's
only 10 weeks away so I'd better get my arse into gear.

>Richard (awww) when he's not being grumpy.

Awww.

Linz

Feb 4, 2002, 1:06:57 PM2/4/02

Aha, but you have mentioned him, and no-one says "bleurgh" when you
do. So it has to be down to the fact that people know both me and
Rapunzel and that's why they say it.

Tim Emanuel

Feb 4, 2002, 1:32:55 PM2/4/02
On Mon, 04 Feb 2002 18:06:57 +0000, Linz wrote:
>On Mon, 04 Feb 2002 12:25:50 GMT, Victoria wrote:
>
>> Linz <sp...@lindsayendell.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> > Scuse me? So Vic and Sue can mention their blokes,
>>
>> AhA! I didn't mention mine, I just said I was smitten.
>
>Aha, but you have mentioned him, and no-one says "bleurgh" when you
>do. So it has to be down to the fact that people know both me and
>Rapunzel and that's why they say it.

That'll be the one. It's no fun when the bloke in question doesn't know he's
being used to make people vom.

Alex Buell

Feb 4, 2002, 3:56:24 PM2/4/02
On Mon, 4 Feb 2002, Linz wrote:

> Aha, but you have mentioned him, and no-one says "bleurgh" when you do.
> So it has to be down to the fact that people know both me and Rapunzel
> and that's why they say it.

They might do that but I don't. I think it's awfully romantic.

--
Take a nap, it saves lives.

http://www.munted.org.uk (updated)

Julian.Edge

Feb 4, 2002, 5:11:49 PM2/4/02
"August West" <aug...@kororaa.com> wrote in message

> I may have to move.

House prices are much better up north.

> Or maybe even emigrate.

North's still good.

Julian.Edge

Feb 4, 2002, 5:33:06 PM2/4/02
"August West" <aug...@kororaa.com> wrote in message

> I fancy going South again. Perpingnan, perhaps.

There goes the neighbourhood.

Julian.Edge

Feb 4, 2002, 5:44:46 PM2/4/02
"August West" <aug...@kororaa.com> wrote in message

> Ever been to Perpingnan?

No I haven't calm down I'm sure it's very nice put the bottle down now

Erlendr the Lewd

Feb 4, 2002, 6:05:04 PM2/4/02
Claire wrote:

>That's pretty good going you know. Has it really been 8 weeks already too?
>I've just looked in my book, I'd lost 13.5 lbs after 8 weeks - but mine
>didn't include christmas!

It has indeed been 8 weeks, which is mildly disturbing. New friend of
mine from class has lost a stone in 5 weeks, but she did lose 5 lbs last
week while full of cold. Odd how some people lose weight when ill and
others put it on.

>I've lost 2.5lbs since I started this contract on 15th October, though.
>That's not good at all, even if it did include Christmas. I want to get down
>to target (about another 7-10lb to go) before it's been a year, and that's
>only 10 weeks away so I'd better get my arse into gear.

Are you having a go at this Slimathon? That might motivate you a bit.
Mind you the bastards at work keep asking me about it but not one of
them has sponsored me. Good luck anyway!

Here was me hoping you'd rise to the cable modem bait too. Only 20 quid
a month INC VAT too.

--
l...@lspace.org http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~eleanorb/

Keith Willoughby

Feb 4, 2002, 7:08:48 PM2/4/02
August West <aug...@kororaa.com> writes:

> Erlendr the Lewd <l...@lspace.org> writes:
>

> > Here was me hoping you'd rise to the cable modem bait too. Only 20
> > quid a month INC VAT too.
>

> WILL YOU ALL STOP TALKING ABOUT THIS YOU HEARTLESS UTTER BASTARDS.

I could get a cable modem, but I can't be bothered.

--
Keith Willoughby
Sig.

Steve Walker

Feb 4, 2002, 7:32:36 PM2/4/02
In article <6h8za85...@blue.kororaa.com>, August West
<aug...@kororaa.com> writes
>Ever been to Perpingnan?

I have. It's an armpit.

--
Steve Walker
steve at otolith dot demon dot co dot uk
http://www.otolith.demon.co.uk

Tim Emanuel

Feb 4, 2002, 8:03:48 PM2/4/02
On 04 Feb 2002 22:31:19 +0000, August West wrote:
>Ever been to Perpingnan?

When I was little we used to go on holiday to Spain, driving through
France. One year we stopped off in Perpignan. The waiters in the
restaurant we ate in had a knife fight.

Erlendr the Lewd

Feb 5, 2002, 4:08:17 AM2/5/02
Tattifalarious Plumptiousness wrote:

>Mine's only £14.99 / month.

Yeah, but presumably that's the slightly slower version? Or are you
telewest rather than ntl?

August West wrote:
>>WILL YOU ALL STOP TALKING ABOUT THIS YOU HEARTLESS UTTER BASTARDS.

Awwww, <pat> there there.

--
l...@lspace.org http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~eleanorb/

Ian G Batten

Feb 5, 2002, 4:30:42 AM2/5/02
Sixteen bars of strings, fading between Am and C, overlaid with a
happening CM101 synth patch. Cubasis 3.0: best 50 quid I've spent for
relaxation in ages. I've always fancied playing with mixing desks and
synths and effects and stuff, and I'm not entirely musically illiterate,
but I never fancied it enough to lay out the wonga. Now with a PC, it
all just works.

Mind you, I'm now tempted to lash out 150 quid for a Prophet 5
simulator.

ian

Claire

Feb 5, 2002, 5:08:08 AM2/5/02
Erlendr the Lewd <l...@lspace.org> writes:
>Claire wrote:
>>
>>That's pretty good going you know. Has it really been 8 weeks already too?
>>I've just looked in my book, I'd lost 13.5 lbs after 8 weeks - but mine
>>didn't include christmas!
>
>It has indeed been 8 weeks, which is mildly disturbing. New friend of
>mine from class has lost a stone in 5 weeks, but she did lose 5 lbs last
>week while full of cold. Odd how some people lose weight when ill and
>others put it on.

Is that the new friend of mine that turned out to also be an acquaintance of
mine? I've signed up to be a target of that "6 degrees of separation" thing
because everyone I know appears to already know everyone else I know, on the
whole.

>Are you having a go at this Slimathon? That might motivate you a bit.
>Mind you the bastards at work keep asking me about it but not one of
>them has sponsored me. Good luck anyway!

Erm, no. I haven't looked at it properly to be honest. My friend has asked
me to do the raffle for tonight with curry stuff, so I'm worrying about that
first *&)

>Here was me hoping you'd rise to the cable modem bait too. Only 20 quid
>a month INC VAT too.

14.99 for the 128kb one. I was thinking of getting one installed at my
in-laws house and putting a server there, until DSL distances improved. For
bait you want August.

Linz

Feb 5, 2002, 5:14:28 AM2/5/02

"Steve Walker" <st...@spam.spam.spam> wrote in message

> In article <6h8za85...@blue.kororaa.com>, August West
> <aug...@kororaa.com> writes

> >> There goes the neighbourhood.
> >
> >Ever been to Perpingnan?
>
> I have. It's an armpit.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with armpits at all.

Erlendr the Lewd

Feb 5, 2002, 5:30:41 AM2/5/02
Claire wrote:

>Is that the new friend of mine that turned out to also be an acquaintance of
>mine?

Was that first "mine" supposed to be a "yours"? And do you mean E-J?
Your name didn't get mentioned in particular in the small-world stuff
that came up, but there was so *much* of it. [AFP, bofh, Oxford
roleplayers, friends at same company, used to be in same research group
as someone else I know etc etc]. But it was Fi I was thinking of who's
done really well in 5 weeks.

>I've signed up to be a target of that "6 degrees of separation" thing
>because everyone I know appears to already know everyone else I know,
>on the whole.

A friend of mine and some people in his research group once downloaded
the entirety of IMDB and after several hours of search managed to find
one iranian actor who is 8 degrees of sepatation from Kevin Bacon.

>14.99 for the 128kb one.

Yeah, but why would I want only 128K when I can 512K for only a fiver
extra?

--
l...@lspace.org http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~eleanorb/

Pterodactyl Moonface

Feb 5, 2002, 6:43:18 AM2/5/02
On Tue, 5 Feb 2002 10:14:28 -0000, spurred on by dark forces unknown,
"Linz" <sp...@lindsayendell.co.uk> typed:

>"Steve Walker" <st...@spam.spam.spam> wrote in message

>> In article <6h8za85...@blue.kororaa.com>, August West
>> <aug...@kororaa.com> writes

>> >Ever been to Perpingnan?

>> I have. It's an armpit.
>
>There's absolutely nothing wrong with armpits at all.

But would you want to live there?

--
G R Kelly
"They drank a toast and ate lager."

Willy Eckerslyke

Feb 5, 2002, 2:39:24 PM2/5/02
Ian G Batten wrote:

> Mind you, I'm now tempted to lash out 150 quid for a Prophet 5
> simulator.

Is that like an electric monk?
Does it come on a HORSE?

--
Regards, Willy.

PTO

Dave Langstaff

Feb 5, 2002, 8:56:05 AM2/5/02

> On Fri, 01 Feb 2002 15:08:51 GMT, Tim Emanuel wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 1 Feb 2002 14:57:33 -0000, Linz wrote:
> >
> > >Getting 18 chapters of the Boss's latest book to the publisher one day
> > >early, leaving me only the bibliography to sort through.
> >
> > Wasn't in access was it?
>
> Haha. No. Only, I suspect, because one of the author's doesn't know
> how to use Access. Mind, he doesn't know how to write bibliographical
> references.

Endnote. Does it all automagically. Pull down list of references
from Science Citation Index or wherever & form a database, cut
and paste into text where appropriate. Format into one of the
hundreds of styles provided. Completed bibliography drops out
of the end, already inserted into your document.

Easy peasy, works like a dream, even with word.

But that's not what is making me happy.

What was making me happy this weekend was going for a walk
on the beach with Cai in the aftermath of the storms & high tides
to find a completely clean beach. No plastic crap, dog mess,
driftwood, nothing, just a clean sweep of finely graded gravel
stretching from the water's edge to the sea wall.

Katie Gaffney

Feb 5, 2002, 10:08:33 AM2/5/02
In article <6hk7ts5...@blue.kororaa.com> , August West
<aug...@kororaa.com> wrote:

>"Julian.Edge" <Julia...@btinternet.com> writes:
>
>> "August West" <aug...@kororaa.com> wrote in message
>>
>> > I may have to move.
>>
>> House prices are much better up north.
>

>I'm not going any further North - Dundee sucks the big one, and
>Aberdeen is (a) expensive and (b) in recession.

Aww. Dundee is lovely. I lived there while I was studying. You can get a
really nice place for pennies (well, not quite, but close enough).

--------
Katie
katie....@arcmedia.org.uk
"I have nothing to declare except my genius" - Oscar Wilde

SomeBlokeCalledRapunzelSyndrome

Feb 5, 2002, 10:00:25 AM2/5/02
Dave Langstaff wrote:

> "Linz" <sp...@lindsayendell.co.uk> wrote in message

> > > Wasn't in access was it?
> >
> > Haha. No. Only, I suspect, because one of the author's doesn't know
> > how to use Access. Mind, he doesn't know how to write bibliographical
> > references.
>
> Endnote. Does it all automagically.

Shhh! She's still miffed at me for not teaching her EndNote over
chrimble. And the trouble is she's stuck with people writing books
and not using EndNote (or equiv) and leaving her to sort out the mess.

--
sets 1-0; games 4-2

Linz

Feb 5, 2002, 10:28:16 AM2/5/02

"Dave Langstaff" <d...@aber.ac.uk> wrote in message

> Endnote. Does it all automagically. Pull down list of references
> from Science Citation Index or wherever & form a database, cut
> and paste into text where appropriate. Format into one of the
> hundreds of styles provided. Completed bibliography drops out
> of the end, already inserted into your document.

Yes. I know. And when I have the time to actually build the fecking database
myself, I will. Right now I have a 50pp document which is /solely/ the
fecking bibliography for one book. What I don't have is the fecking time to
cut and paste them in to Endnote and then teach the software to my boss and
his co-author and then network the library so that my boss and his
co-author, in different universities, can both build references.

And I still haven't been told if it's actually possibly to build a
bibliography that stands alone from the document rather than just sitting at
the end of the document.

I think Rapunzel is still nursing the bruises from last time he said "why
not use Endnote".

SomeBlokeCalledRapunzelSyndrome

Feb 5, 2002, 10:53:43 AM2/5/02
Linz wrote:

> his co-author and then network the library

ah. you want Reference Manager for that.

SomeBlokeCalledRapunzelSyndrome

Feb 5, 2002, 10:58:42 AM2/5/02
Linz wrote:

> myself, I will. Right now I have a 50pp document which is /solely/ the
> fecking bibliography for one book. What I don't have is the fecking time to
> cut and paste them in to Endnote

bit of an edit and whip up an import filter, could probably do that in
a couple of hours, and read News at the same time.

> And I still haven't been told if it's actually possibly to build a
> bibliography that stands alone from the document rather than just sitting at
> the end of the document.

Chapter 13

Tony davison

Feb 5, 2002, 7:26:37 PM2/5/02
On Tue, 05 Feb 2002 11:39:24 -0800, Willy Eckerslyke
<ku.ca....@801sso.backwards> scribblled on an old fag packet

>Is that like an electric monk?
>Does it come on a HORSE?

Is it teatime already? Mr Gently

-
Tony (Big Tone) Davison
daviso...@ntlworld.com

Keith Willoughby

Feb 5, 2002, 12:59:12 PM2/5/02
Ian G Batten <I.G.B...@batten.eu.org> writes:

> Sixteen bars of strings, fading between Am and C, overlaid with a
> happening CM101 synth patch. Cubasis 3.0: best 50 quid I've spent for
> relaxation in ages. I've always fancied playing with mixing desks and
> synths and effects and stuff, and I'm not entirely musically illiterate,
> but I never fancied it enough to lay out the wonga. Now with a PC, it
> all just works.

I love Cubase-type-programs. I'm completely unmusical, but it's so
satisfying to produce something vaguely tuneful and rhythmical with
some point-and-clicks. I used to love modtrackers years ago, too.

--
Keith Willoughby

http://www.randomreviews.co.uk - it does what it says on the tin

Alex Buell

Feb 5, 2002, 2:41:43 PM2/5/02
On 5 Feb 2002, Keith Willoughby wrote:

> I love Cubase-type-programs. I'm completely unmusical, but it's so
> satisfying to produce something vaguely tuneful and rhythmical with some
> point-and-clicks. I used to love modtrackers years ago, too.

If you like that, you should grep the web for 'Soundtracker'. You'll like
it. It lets you sample tunes in, make up bangin' backing beats and all..

Keith Willoughby

Feb 5, 2002, 2:58:14 PM2/5/02
Alex Buell <alex....@munted.org.uk> writes:

> On 5 Feb 2002, Keith Willoughby wrote:
>
> > I love Cubase-type-programs. I'm completely unmusical, but it's so
> > satisfying to produce something vaguely tuneful and rhythmical with some
> > point-and-clicks. I used to love modtrackers years ago, too.
>
> If you like that, you should grep the web for 'Soundtracker'. You'll like
> it. It lets you sample tunes in, make up bangin' backing beats and all..

That's a modtracker. Ta, though.

It is loading more messages.