the hills are alive

Marcus Houlden

Mar 24, 2001, 7:34:40 PM3/24/01
On 25 Mar 2001 00:26:06 GMT, Huge <hu...@nospam.huge.org.uk>
wrote the following to uk.misc:

> In article <20010324....@hotch.demon.co.uk>, aw...@five.in.the.morning (hence pain) writes:
> >Huge typed:
> >
> >>I used to be quite fond of Tony Roma's Rib Room in
> >>Lower St. Martins Lane
> >
> >Sounds fine to me.
> >I've been to one of those in Vancouver.
> >Global chain, I guess.
> >Can't remember the ribs (maybe a bad sign) only the tower of onion
> >rings.
> >
> >mmmmmm.... onion rings....
>
> Quite. The loaf of onion rings is quite spectacular. If ponly for the foerting
> the following day.

Could be interesting if we go there after the meat. I'll be in a dormitory
for 8 that night (and the night after) and toilets are down the corridor.

(Incidentally I can confirm I *will* be going to the meat. If I don't go I
forfeit my train fare. One of the conditions of getting an ultra low train
fare. Mcr -> London return for £13.20)

--
Marcus Houlden

This space intentionally blank.

Dave Plowman

Mar 25, 2001, 8:01:50 AM3/25/01
In article <k2frbtshl11qt5ulh...@4ax.com>,

Kidney John <k...@jaf.SPAMMENOTco.uk> wrote:
> >If ponly for the foerting
> >the following day.

> Not very keen on 'ponly', but 'foerting' is a Good Word - it deserves
> to mean something.

It does. Wonder which one of the four keyboards Huge typed it on?

--
* The average person falls asleep in seven minutes *

Dave Plowman dave....@argonet.co.uk London SW 12
RIP Acorn

Alex Buell

Mar 25, 2001, 8:26:54 AM3/25/01
On Sun, 25 Mar 2001, Dave Plowman wrote:

> It does. Wonder which one of the four keyboards Huge typed it on?

Fascinating, is Huge an octopus, by any chance? That'd be w4y k3wl!

--
I'm just too silly for you.

http://www.tahallah.clara.co.uk

Linz

Mar 25, 2001, 11:26:12 AM3/25/01
On Sun, 25 Mar 2001 15:33:44 +0100, Steve Firth wrote:

> Huge <hu...@nospam.huge.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > Quite. The loaf of onion rings is quite spectacular. If ponly for the foerting
> > the following day.
>
> fuek mi, yer tooping is reet doon to mi stondard today, onneet?

All of you are becoming Iainf, aren't you?

Leaping Frog Crouching Newt

Mar 25, 2001, 11:35:59 AM3/25/01
On Sun, 25 Mar 2001 13:01:50 +0000 (GMT), for reasons inexplicable,
Dave Plowman <dave....@argonet.co.uk> wrote:

>In article <k2frbtshl11qt5ulh...@4ax.com>,
> Kidney John <k...@jaf.SPAMMENOTco.uk> wrote:
>> >If ponly for the foerting
>> >the following day.
>
>> Not very keen on 'ponly', but 'foerting' is a Good Word - it deserves
>> to mean something.
>
> It does. Wonder which one of the four keyboards Huge typed it on?

All of them.

--
Gary Robert Kelly
http://www.blackbess.freeuk.com/scr25-03-01.jpg

Alex Buell

Mar 25, 2001, 12:53:16 PM3/25/01
On Sun, 25 Mar 2001, Linz wrote:

> All of you are becoming Iainf, aren't you?

Your Iainf are belong to us.

Shereen

Mar 26, 2001, 3:24:03 PM3/26/01
Linz wrote:

> All of you are becoming Iainf, aren't you?

God I hope not.

I could cope with having to drink all that alcohol, but I'm not
sure I could cope with the ginger beard.

Shereen

--
We all like to express ourselves in various and beautiful ways
Personally, I like to bitch.

The above reflects the views of the author only.

Shereen

Mar 26, 2001, 5:08:09 PM3/26/01
August West wrote:

> Worry not: it has gone!

I suppose I still owe you an apology for laughing at that
photograph. I'm sure I'll get a round tuit some day.

> So, you up for it then?

Wot? Becoming one with the Iain swarm or the Lunnen meat?

If it's the Lunnen meat the answer will have to be "no". See my
earlier roof-related post. I'm keeping an eye on the sunny
Scunny talks just in case.

And I'll pass on becoming one with the Iaiaian swarm for now too
if you don't mind.

Shereen

--
Windows media player on full screen view - it's like... wow man!
Tripping out to Creed in Carrick.

Shereen

Mar 26, 2001, 5:43:06 PM3/26/01
August West wrote:

> And what if I do?

TSB

Shereen

--
We all like to express ourselves in various and beautiful ways
Personally, I like to bitch.

The above reflects the views of the author only.

Shereen

Mar 26, 2001, 5:51:17 PM3/26/01
August West wrote:

> > TSB
>
> Wha'?

Whoops sorry. TSB used to be the Trustees Savings Bank. When I
were a lass in Primary School we used to think it was reely,
reely kewl to say that TSB meant Tough Shit Baby. Mebbe it's a
Norn Iron thing.

Anyway - there's always other meats isn't there?

Marcus Houlden

Mar 26, 2001, 5:54:53 PM3/26/01
On Mon, 26 Mar 2001 23:51:17 +0100, Shereen <she...@btinternet.com>

wrote the following to uk.misc:

> August West wrote:

> > > TSB
> >
> > Wha'?
>
> Whoops sorry. TSB used to be the Trustees Savings Bank.

The bank that likes to say yes IIRC.

Shereen

Mar 27, 2001, 2:50:56 AM3/27/01
August West wrote:

> > Anyway - there's always other meats isn't there?
>

> Email me, baby!

Oi ginge:

#Don't call me baby#

Victoria

Mar 27, 2001, 3:54:00 AM3/27/01
August West <aug...@kororaa.co.uk> wrote:

> Shereen <she...@btinternet.com> writes:
>
> > Anyway - there's always other meats isn't there?
>

> Email me, baby!

Ch-Ching.

190.

Dave Plowman

Mar 27, 2001, 5:01:56 AM3/27/01
In article <99o1de$m3u$7...@anubis.demon.co.uk>,

> >> fuek mi, yer tooping is reet doon to mi stondard today, onneet?
> >
> >All of you are becoming Iainf, aren't you?

> Only if he comes in 750ml bottles.

What he does in the privacy of his own home is no concern of yours.

--
* Stable Relationships Are For Horses. *

Steve Walker

Mar 27, 2001, 1:41:36 PM3/27/01
In article <vef1ct48bda7n3v02...@4ax.com>, Iain Rowan
<e...@reynir.co.uk> writes
>On 26 Mar 2001 23:18:39 +0100, August West <aug...@kororaa.co.uk> wrote:

>I ought to point out that noiminbation is a technical swarm term which
>is hard to describe in your earth language.
^^^^^^^^
Or to pronounce.

--
time is linear
memory's a stranger

Linz

Mar 27, 2001, 2:27:40 PM3/27/01
On Tue, 27 Mar 2001 19:41:36 +0100, Steve Walker wrote:

> In article <vef1ct48bda7n3v02...@4ax.com>, Iain Rowan
> <e...@reynir.co.uk> writes
> >On 26 Mar 2001 23:18:39 +0100, August West <aug...@kororaa.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >I ought to point out that noiminbation is a technical swarm term which
> >is hard to describe in your earth language.
> ^^^^^^^^
> Or to pronounce.

/nOimInbeIS@n/

John of Aix

Mar 27, 2001, 2:46:35 PM3/27/01

"August West" <aug...@kororaa.co.uk> a écrit dans le message news:
Penguin.%.m2bsqoqim8.fsf@news2.kororaa.c0m...

> Do let me know: I am the Swarm's noiminbated Member.

Noiminbated?

I like that. Is it copyright?

Steve Walker

Mar 27, 2001, 5:38:23 PM3/27/01
In article <19q1ctk51i03tn3m9...@4ax.com>, Linz <linz@REMO
VETHISlindsayendell.co.uk> writes

Sorry, I don't do regular expressions.

Marcus Houlden

Mar 27, 2001, 5:55:44 PM3/27/01
On Tue, 27 Mar 2001 23:38:23 +0100, Steve Walker <st...@spam.spam.spam>

wrote the following to uk.misc:

> In article <19q1ctk51i03tn3m9...@4ax.com>, Linz <linz@REMO

> VETHISlindsayendell.co.uk> writes
> >On Tue, 27 Mar 2001 19:41:36 +0100, Steve Walker wrote:
> >
> >> In article <vef1ct48bda7n3v02...@4ax.com>, Iain Rowan
> >> <e...@reynir.co.uk> writes

> >> ^^^^^^^^
> >> Or to pronounce.
> >
> >/nOimInbeIS@n/
>
> Sorry, I don't do regular expressions.

How about irregular expressions? I suppose "look before the goose that lays
golden eggs" could be one.

Alex Buell

Mar 27, 2001, 5:53:36 PM3/27/01
On Sun, 25 Mar 2001, Steve Firth wrote:

> > Fascinating, is Huge an octopus, by any chance?
>

> Nah, he's Rick Wakeman.

Who he?

Steve Walker

Mar 27, 2001, 6:35:58 PM3/27/01
In article <e832ct8hbsqgkvpom...@4ax.com>, Iain Rowan
<e...@reynir.co.uk> writes
>On Tue, 27 Mar 2001 19:41:36 +0100, Steve Walker <st...@spam.spam.spam>
>wrote:

>>In article <vef1ct48bda7n3v02...@4ax.com>, Iain Rowan
>><e...@reynir.co.uk> writes
>>>On 26 Mar 2001 23:18:39 +0100, August West <aug...@kororaa.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>>I ought to point out that noiminbation is a technical swarm term which
>>>is hard to describe in your earth language.
>> ^^^^^^^^
>>Or to pronounce.
>
>Oh easy enough if you just shape your mandibles the right way. But
>perhaps I have said too much.

Indeed. And you'll be right in the shit if you're seen snacking round
the dustbins or asking for a take-away in a pet shop again.

Marcus Houlden

Mar 27, 2001, 7:06:47 PM3/27/01
On Wed, 28 Mar 2001 00:03:31 +0200, Giles Todd <g...@at-dot.org>

wrote the following to uk.misc:

> In article <19q1ctk51i03tn3m9...@4ax.com>,
> li...@REMOVETHISlindsayendell.co.uk says...

> Ugh. How common.
>
> It's /nOimInbeISV"n/.

Personally I'd say it's
#v+
/něImInbeIo«n/
#v-

but then I do have a selection of IPA fonts installed. The reason why is
that I've got to compare English & Norwegian phonology as part of
coursework. The method of transcription provided by our lecturer doesn't
cover all the phonemes in Norwegian and I'm reasonably familiar with IPA.

(For the curious, the #v+ and #v- tags tell my newsreader that text in
between them should appear exactly as written, meaning that /slashes/,
_underscores_ and *asterisks* are not there for emphasis and should be
displayed as is. They disappear otherwise and the text in between them
appears in different colours.)

SomeBlokeCalledRapunzelSyndrome

Mar 28, 2001, 3:07:49 AM3/28/01
Alex Buell wrote:

> On Sun, 25 Mar 2001, Steve Firth wrote:
>
> > > Fascinating, is Huge an octopus, by any chance?
> >
> > Nah, he's Rick Wakeman.
>
> Who he?

tv travel show reporter and panel game person

--
A lurker once supported me in email

Steve Walker

Mar 28, 2001, 1:07:54 PM3/28/01
In article <slrn9c2aoh....@mh.hf.umist.ac.uk>, Marcus Houlden
<sp...@nukesoft.co.uk> writes

>I'm reasonably familiar with IPA.

Me too, but it's mostly Wadworth's round here.