YKYBWTMB5W...

JamesG

Feb 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/10/97

(1) ...You hear the words 'b' and 'five' in the same sentance and
instantly think 'can I get a YKYBWTMB5W out of this'.
(2)You actually can.

JamesG,
if s4 doesn't start soon i'll go mad, don't you think mister tribble?
--
Official rassm organiser.
(-o-) <*>

Ishtiaq Hussain

Feb 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/11/97

In article <32FFB4...@ukc.ac.uk>, JamesG was compelled to put into
words the following...
Can someone please put me out of my misery and explain what the hell
YKYBWTMB5W is or stand for. It's been driving me nuts. It's got even
more headache potential then the dreaded star fury threads I now
refuse to read.

Someone help .

--
Ishtiaq
keeping out of the shadows

Ben Fell

Feb 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/11/97

Before passing beyond the rim Isht...@pixel.co.uk (Ishtiaq Hussain)
uttered these immortal words:

>Can someone please put me out of my misery and explain what the hell
>YKYBWTMB5W is or stand for. It's been driving me nuts. It's got even
>more headache potential then the dreaded star fury threads I now
>refuse to read.

>Someone help .

Most likely everyone will, so not wanting to be left out:

You Know You've Been Watching Too Much Babylon 5 When...

easy when you think about it, really! :)

ben....@bbc.co.uk
--
Neon's 100 Reasons Why Star Trek Sucks... No. 38

Tribbles

rupert smith

Feb 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/11/97

In article <MPG.d6a7dc53...@news1.theplanet.co.uk>, Isht...@pixel.co.uk (Ishtiaq Hussain) wrote:
>In article <32FFB4...@ukc.ac.uk>, JamesG was compelled to put into
>words the following...
>> (1) ...You hear the words 'b' and 'five' in the same sentance and
>> instantly think 'can I get a YKYBWTMB5W out of this'.
>> (2)You actually can.
>>
>> JamesG,
>> if s4 doesn't start soon i'll go mad, don't you think mister tribble?
>> --
>> Official rassm organiser.
>> (-o-) <*>
>>
>Can someone please put me out of my misery and explain what the hell
>YKYBWTMB5W is or stand for. It's been driving me nuts. It's got even
>more headache potential then the dreaded star fury threads I now
>refuse to read.

You Know You've Been Watching Too Much B5 When...

there is a variation for practically every newsgroup, for example

YKYBPTMWH40KW in rec.games.miniatures.warhammer.

rupert smith linc...@sable.ox.ac.uk http://users.ox.ac.uk/~linc0015

And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born? -- W. B. Yeats

Mr P.M. Martins Ferreira

Feb 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/11/97

Ishtiaq Hussain (Isht...@pixel.co.uk) wrote:
: Can someone please put me out of my misery and explain what the hell
: YKYBWTMB5W is or stand for. It's been driving me nuts. It's got even
: more headache potential then the dreaded star fury threads I now
: refuse to read.

By now you already know the answer. Don't worry,

<vorlon>

we have all been there.

</vorlon>

Pedro

Ian Snell

Feb 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/11/97

Ishtiaq Hussain (Isht...@pixel.co.uk) wibbled unimpressively, saying:

: Can someone please put me out of my misery and explain what the hell
: YKYBWTMB5W is or stand for.

<vorlon>
Yes
</vorlon>

--
<*> Ian <*> <*> http://users.ox.ac.uk/~orie0194 <*>
<****************************************************************************>

Andy Taylor

Feb 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/11/97

In article <E5G24...@liverpool.ac.uk>, "Mr P.M. Martins Ferreira"
<ferr...@liverpool.ac.uk> writes

>Ishtiaq Hussain (Isht...@pixel.co.uk) wrote:
>: Can someone please put me out of my misery and explain what the hell
>: YKYBWTMB5W is or stand for. It's been driving me nuts. It's got even
>: more headache potential then the dreaded star fury threads I now
>: refuse to read.
>
>By now you already know the answer. Don't worry,
>
><vorlon>
>
>we have all been there.
>
></vorlon>

<vorlon>

wibble, wibble

we have always been there.

woom, wibble, knarf.

</vorlon>
--
Andy Taylor

Turnpike evaluation. For information, see http://www.turnpike.com/

Ishtiaq Hussain

Feb 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/12/97

In article <33010A...@mad.scientist.com>, on Tue, 11 Feb 1997
16:11:59 -0800, Zathras absolutely had to say...

> Ishtiaq Hussain wrote:
> > Can someone please put me out of my misery and explain what the hell
> > YKYBWTMB5W is or stand for. It's been driving me nuts. It's got even
> > more headache potential then the dreaded star fury threads I now
> > refuse to read.
> <vorlon>
> You seek meaning? YKYHBREB5NGT...
> </vorlon>
>
> Zathras
> ----------------------------------<*>----------------------------------
> "Though we are not now that strength which in days of old moved earth
> and heaven, that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic
> hearts made weak by time and fate but strong in will to strive, to seek,
> to find and not to yield" -- Tennyson's "Ulysses"

Ahh

I think I'm catching on here. Could this be

You know you have been reading each (every) Babylon 5 news group
thread .......

the temperature in my brain is slowly reducing ...........

Ishtiaq
A voice in the wilderness trying to keep out of the shadows

Robert Maxwell

Feb 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/12/97

In article <MPG.d6a7dc53...@news1.theplanet.co.uk>, Ishtiaq
Hussain <Isht...@pixel.co.uk> writes

>Can someone please put me out of my misery and explain what the hell
>YKYBWTMB5W is or stand for. It's been driving me nuts. It's got even
>more headache potential then the dreaded star fury threads I now
>refuse to read.
>
>Someone help .

It took me a week to figure it out (I hope its right)

You
Know
You've
Been
Watching
Too
Much

Babylon
5
When...

I've stopped reading the Star Fury threads too, I was crying too much to
focus. The guy behind me in work (Gordon) sat for half an hour this
morning before claiming he had it worked out (diagrams and all). He
started to explain it only to realise halfway through that he was wrong.
I dont know what the current consensus is, my brain is full.

Hope this helps. (hope it's right)

--
Bob
rob...@nisoft.co.uk

rupert smith

Feb 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/12/97

In article <w5ikYAAo...@nisoft.co.uk>, Robert Maxwell <rob...@nisoft.co.uk>

<MPG.d6a7dc53...@news1.theplanet.co.uk> wrote:
>In article <MPG.d6a7dc53...@news1.theplanet.co.uk>, Ishtiaq
>Hussain <Isht...@pixel.co.uk> writes
>>Can someone please put me out of my misery and explain what the hell
>>YKYBWTMB5W is or stand for. It's been driving me nuts. It's got even
>>more headache potential then the dreaded star fury threads I now
>>refuse to read.

>I've stopped reading the Star Fury threads too, I was crying too much to

>focus. The guy behind me in work (Gordon) sat for half an hour this
>morning before claiming he had it worked out (diagrams and all). He
>started to explain it only to realise halfway through that he was wrong.
>I dont know what the current consensus is, my brain is full.

but full of what?

Benjamin Webb

Feb 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/12/97

Robert Maxwell wrote:
> I've stopped reading the Star Fury threads too, I was crying too much to
> focus. The guy behind me in work (Gordon) sat for half an hour this
> morning before claiming he had it worked out (diagrams and all). He
> started to explain it only to realise halfway through that he was wrong.
> I dont know what the current consensus is, my brain is full.

Ssshhh! You'll start us all off again!

Ben
--
Email: wadh...@sable.ox.ac.uk WWW: http://users.ox.ac.uk/~wadh0298

"I am not arguing with you - I am telling you."
- 'The Gentle Art of Making Enemies', James McNeill Whistler

Robert Maxwell

Feb 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/12/97

rupert smith <linc...@sable.ox.ac.uk.anti-spam> wrote:
>>I dont know what the current consensus is, my brain is full.
>
>but full of what?

Good question. I'll have to ask it sometime. Probably the next time its
completely slaughtered.
--
Bob

Arwel Parry

Feb 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/17/97

... you're walking down Vauxhall Bridge Road on the way to Babblings,
see a sign saying "Raj Balti House" and think "he's diversifying..."!

Arwel
Arwel Parry apa...@cix.compulink.co.uk
ar...@cartref.demon.co.uk 10033...@compuserve.com
http://www.cartref.demon.co.uk/

Mr P.M. Martins Ferreira

Feb 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/17/97

Far, far worse than all of these ones, folks:

You Know You Have Been Suffering From Babylon 5 Withdrawal Symptoms For
Far Too Much Time When (that would be YKYHBSFB5WSFFTMTW, not bad)...

... you actually DREAM about a post by Axis, bashing on the first episodes
of Season 4.

I kid thee not...

HELP!!

Pedro

P.S. If this actually happens, I won't lay claim to psychic powers. Not much
of an impossibility, is it...?

Axis

Feb 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/17/97

ferr...@liverpool.ac.uk (Mr P.M. Martins Ferreira) attempted, via the
medium of uk.media.tv.sf.babylon5, to spread the following meme to all
and sundry:

>Far, far worse than all of these ones, folks:
>You Know You Have Been Suffering From Babylon 5 Withdrawal Symptoms For
>Far Too Much Time When (that would be YKYHBSFB5WSFFTMTW, not bad)...

>... you actually DREAM about a post by Axis, bashing on the first episodes
>of Season 4.

>I kid thee not...
>HELP!!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

There is no escape for you now, my addle-minded Iberian friend.
*Never*, I repeat *never*, let me mess widja head.

>P.S. If this actually happens, I won't lay claim to psychic powers. Not much
>of an impossibility, is it...?

Hey! I'll call it as I see it, like always. I have heard it on good
authority, though, that S4 is a bit of alright.

OTOH, given C4's tardiness, I'll probably have moved out to China
before S4 gets shown here. Anyone know what video system they use
there?

//=============== THIS WAS A MESSAGE FROM AXIS ==============\\
// "I want the two-seven, the three-two /| \ / O /秤畔 \\
// and the fifty-third squadron in my / | \/ \__ \\
\\ sky on the double and RAINING FIRE!" /__|__/\ | \ //
\\ - COMM. ROSS, USS SARATOGA SCVN-2812 / | \_|____/ //
\\================= <*> =================/Ax...@netcomuk.co.uk//

Andrew Wright

Feb 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/17/97

In article <UFaQKBA0...@cartref.demon.co.uk>,
Arwel Parry <ar...@cartref.demon.co.uk> wrote:

]... you're walking down Vauxhall Bridge Road on the way to Babblings,

]see a sign saying "Raj Balti House" and think "he's diversifying..."!

]
Yup. but who's doing the tea-shirts?

Andrew

--
Andrew Wright
and...@max.roehampton.ac.uk <*> and...@stardock.u-net.com

Andrew Wright

Feb 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/17/97

In article <E5qyw...@liverpool.ac.uk>,
ferr...@liverpool.ac.uk (Mr P.M. Martins Ferreira) wrote:

]Far, far worse than all of these ones, folks:
]
Well, I can lay claim to an Axis appearence in a dream last summer! So
there, and he told me his name, David, and this was a long time before WWE.

I sort help.

I am sane now.

Wibble

Simon Booth

Feb 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/17/97

In article <E5qyw...@liverpool.ac.uk>, "Mr P.M. Martins Ferreira"
<ferr...@liverpool.ac.uk> writes

>... you actually DREAM about a post by Axis, bashing on the first episodes
>of Season 4.
>
>I kid thee not...

You're not the first. ISTR someone (probably the Lady Amethyst - where
is she now?) dreamt about an Axis message in which he was so enraged he
signed off using his real name, which was (in the dream) Brian.

It takes you back, don't it? But the question is where?

Simon Booth
Harrogate, UK

Axis

Feb 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/18/97

and...@stardock.u-net.com (Andrew Wright) attempted, via the medium of

uk.media.tv.sf.babylon5, to spread the following meme to all and
sundry:

>In article <E5qyw...@liverpool.ac.uk>,

>ferr...@liverpool.ac.uk (Mr P.M. Martins Ferreira) wrote:

>]Far, far worse than all of these ones, folks:
>]
>Well, I can lay claim to an Axis appearence in a dream last summer! So
>there, and he told me his name, David, and this was a long time before WWE.

Right sex. No cigar on the name, though.

>I am sane now.

Ha! Innocent fool!

Next time you're uploading Usenet posts and you hear a voice in your
head saying 'Post! Post *now*!' you'll know that I'm still in your
head somewhere...

Ishtiaq Hussain

Feb 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/18/97

In article <w5ikYAAo...@nisoft.co.uk>, Robert Maxwell was
compelled to put into words the following...
> I've stopped reading the Star Fury threads too, I was crying too much to
> focus. The guy behind me in work (Gordon) sat for half an hour this
> morning before claiming he had it worked out (diagrams and all). He
> started to explain it only to realise halfway through that he was wrong.
> I dont know what the current consensus is, my brain is full.
>
> Hope this helps. (hope it's right)
>
> --
> Bob
> rob...@nisoft.co.uk

Nah it can't be. Robert Maxwell. Big bloke, megalomaniac, liked
newspapers. Didn't you go overboard ? Do the pensioners know?

Sorry old jokes, but I just could not resist it.

And it seems you were right. Congrats on working it out. Now apply
cold compress to the brain and don't use for several days.

Andrew Wright

Feb 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/18/97

In article <5ebnok$o2l$1...@taliesin.netcom.net.uk>,
Ax...@netcomuk.co.uk.ANTISPAM-PLEASE-DELETE (Axis) wrote:

]
]Next time you're uploading Usenet posts and you hear a voice in your

]head saying 'Post! Post *now*!' you'll know that I'm still in your
]head somewhere...

]
]
Arrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhh

Thud.

Raj Rijhwani

Feb 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/18/97

In article <AF2E92A19...@stardock.u-net.com>
and...@stardock.u-net.com "Andrew Wright" writes:

> In article <UFaQKBA0...@cartref.demon.co.uk>,
> Arwel Parry <ar...@cartref.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> ]... you're walking down Vauxhall Bridge Road on the way to Babblings,
> ]see a sign saying "Raj Balti House" and think "he's diversifying..."!

> Yup. but who's doing the tea-shirts?

Lemme alone!
--
Raj Rijhwani (umtsb5/16) | This is the voice of the Mysterons...
r...@courtfld.demon.co.uk | ... We know that you can hear us Earthmen

Ian Jefferies

Feb 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/18/97

Ax...@netcomuk.co.uk.ANTISPAM-PLEASE-DELETE (Axis) wrote:

<snip>

>OTOH, given C4's tardiness, I'll probably have moved out to China
>before S4 gets shown here. Anyone know what video system they use
>there?

Back illuminated paper screens with paper cut-out shadow casting figures on
wires.

And I didn't think I could get a B5 reference in there either...

Ian.

--
E-mail: Ian.Je...@eudoxus.demon.co.uk
Author of ProgramBar, a fully featured taskbar for Win3.1, prgbr220.zip

"Quantum physicists do it discretely"

Mr P.M. Martins Ferreira

Feb 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/18/97

Axis (Ax...@netcomuk.co.uk.ANTISPAM-PLEASE-DELETE) wrote:
[...]

: // "I want the two-seven, the three-two /| \ / O /ŻŻŻ` \\
: // and the fifty-third squadron in my / | \/ \__ \\

Andy Beales

Feb 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/18/97

On Mon, 17 Feb 1997 22:56:33 +0000, and...@stardock.u-net.com (Andrew
Wright) wrote:

>In article <UFaQKBA0...@cartref.demon.co.uk>,
>Arwel Parry <ar...@cartref.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
>]... you're walking down Vauxhall Bridge Road on the way to Babblings,
>]see a sign saying "Raj Balti House" and think "he's diversifying..."!
>]
>Yup. but who's doing the tea-shirts?
>

>Andrew

Need we ask ? ;-)

Andy Beales

| And remember , being saved by a vorlon means |
| never having to say your're sorry |
| Andy Beales email to an...@bodman.demon.co.uk |
| Bodman on IRC Wolf 97 no. 67 Spoo number 691 |

Tony Blakeway

Feb 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/18/97

ferr...@liverpool.ac.uk (Mr P.M. Martins Ferreira) sent a stream of
Tachyons containing the message:

>Far, far worse than all of these ones, folks:
>
>You Know You Have Been Suffering From Babylon 5 Withdrawal Symptoms For
>Far Too Much Time When (that would be YKYHBSFB5WSFFTMTW, not bad)...
>

>... you actually DREAM about a post by Axis, bashing on the first episodes
>of Season 4.
>
>I kid thee not...

You are a sick SICK man Pedro

>HELP!!

No sorry you need serious professional help go see Dr Kantz

> Pedro

>P.S. If this actually happens, I won't lay claim to psychic powers. Not much
>of an impossibility, is it...?

Pretty much of a certainty IMHO )-:

Be Seeing You...

Tony
Sometimes I wake up and think, "today will be different
I'm going to be dynamic and enthusiastic and willing to work."

Then I think..."nah bollocks to that business as usual."

cat

Feb 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/19/97

In article <AF2FDF13...@stardock.u-net.com>, Andrew Wright wrote:
>In article <5ebnok$o2l$1...@taliesin.netcom.net.uk>,
>Ax...@netcomuk.co.uk.ANTISPAM-PLEASE-DELETE (Axis) wrote:
>
>]Next time you're uploading Usenet posts and you hear a voice in your
>]head saying 'Post! Post *now*!' you'll know that I'm still in your
>]head somewhere...
>]
>Arrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhh
>Thud.

That was -you-? Howintheheck...?? <puzzled> :)

BTW can't lay claim to an Axis dream, but have recently been
dreaming about Commodore Ross.. does that count? <g>

Tiff
c...@cyberenet.net
"The more intelligent the mind, the more the need for play" <?>

Andy Beales

Feb 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/19/97

On Tue, 18 Feb 1997 18:05:27 GMT, Ian.Je...@eudoxus.demon.co.uk
(Ian Jefferies) wrote:

>Ax...@netcomuk.co.uk.ANTISPAM-PLEASE-DELETE (Axis) wrote:
>
><snip>

>>OTOH, given C4's tardiness, I'll probably have moved out to China
>>before S4 gets shown here. Anyone know what video system they use
>>there?
>

>Back illuminated paper screens with paper cut-out shadow casting figures on
>wires.
>
>And I didn't think I could get a B5 reference in there either...
>
>Ian.

Well at least the Shadows would feature heavily then. ;-)

Mr P.M. Martins Ferreira

Feb 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/19/97

Axis (Ax...@netcomuk.co.uk.ANTISPAM-PLEASE-DELETE) wrote:
: There is no escape for you now, my addle-minded Iberian friend.
: *Never*, I repeat *never*, let me mess widja head.

Don't flatter yourself, Axis... If you are in my mind, you're the one
who should be scared, there're some very *interesting* people to keep
you company (he said vaguely, blood still dripping from his hands)...

: Hey! I'll call it as I see it, like always. I have heard it on good
: authority, though, that S4 is a bit of alright.

I take it you mean Rod? 'A bit of alright' is a tad of an understatement...

By the way, last friday's S:A&B was quite good. But how come we don't hear you
invoking fire and brimstone because of the stupid security measures?

Pedro

Axis

Feb 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/19/97

and...@stardock.u-net.com (Andrew Wright) attempted, via the medium of

uk.media.tv.sf.babylon5, to spread the following meme to all and
sundry:

>In article <fwAkkDAx...@booth1.demon.co.uk>,
>Simon Booth <Si...@booth1.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>]
>]You're not the first. ISTR someone (probably the Lady Amethyst - where

>]is she now?) dreamt about an Axis message in which he was so enraged he
>]signed off using his real name, which was (in the dream) Brian.

>My god. Now there are two people on this froup dreaming about Axis! And the
>name, in my case was David.

RFD: uk.support.axis.dreams

Newsgroup for discussion of psychoses caused by Ax...@netcomuk.co.uk

Moderator: Axis

Advertising: posts advertising psychiatric and counselling services
are welcome.

Binaries: no binaries are to be allowed, but pointers to WWW and FTP
sites containing graphic and sound files of Axis-related nightmares
are permitted.

Andrew Wright

Feb 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/19/97

]
]You're not the first. ISTR someone (probably the Lady Amethyst - where
]is she now?) dreamt about an Axis message in which he was so enraged he
]signed off using his real name, which was (in the dream) Brian.

My god. Now there are two people on this froup dreaming about Axis! And the
name, in my case was David.

]
]It takes you back, don't it? But the question is where?
]
Well, in my case the dream happened around about the same time as a certain
thread we all would rather forget.

Andrew (Where are Paul and Morgan these days? .mod?)

Simon Booth

Feb 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/19/97

In article <AF3062FA...@stardock.u-net.com>, Andrew Wright
<and...@stardock.u-net.com> writes

>]
>]It takes you back, don't it? But the question is where?
>]
>Well, in my case the dream happened around about the same time as a certain
>thread we all would rather forget.

Which one? There are so many! would it be

a: Axis' recent starfury thread?
b: Axis' is he/isn't he 100% straight thread? <shudder>
c: Axis' Niggley Niggley thread, which gave me my waterfall nightmare?

or

d: The "I saw a mouse" thread, which I don't recall being Axis' fault,
but I'm sure he's in there somewhere.

>Andrew (Where are Paul and Morgan these days? .mod?)

I still see Morgan on umts.misc, or maybe .drwho these days (not
umtsb5.misc), but not recently now that you mention it.

Simon Booth
Harrogate, UK

Axis

Feb 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/20/97

OK, so I was reading uk.media.tv.sf.babylon5 and could have sworn that
I heard Simon Booth <Si...@booth1.demon.co.uk> say something along the
lines of:

>In article <AF3062FA...@stardock.u-net.com>, Andrew Wright
><and...@stardock.u-net.com> writes

>>Well, in my case the dream happened around about the same time as a certain

>>thread we all would rather forget.

>Which one? There are so many! would it be

>a: Axis' recent starfury thread?
>b: Axis' is he/isn't he 100% straight thread? <shudder>

I think this could well be the one Andrew was alluding to. I shudder
about it too.

>c: Axis' Niggley Niggley thread, which gave me my waterfall nightmare?

Waterfall nightmare? *Do* elaborate....

>or

>d: The "I saw a mouse" thread, which I don't recall being Axis' fault,
>but I'm sure he's in there somewhere.

For once, I had nothing to do with that one. My feeling is that if
you're going to have an annoying thread, at least make it annoying
because it is controversial and not because it's asinine. ;-) OTOH,
one person does not a thread make.... there have been plenty of other
ppl on the group who have joined in.....

Andrew Wright

Feb 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/20/97

In article <C9SzHDA6...@booth1.demon.co.uk>,
Simon Booth <Si...@booth1.demon.co.uk> wrote:

]
]Which one? There are so many! would it be

]
]a: Axis' recent starfury thread?
]b: Axis' is he/isn't he 100% straight thread? <shudder>

]c: Axis' Niggley Niggley thread, which gave me my waterfall nightmare?
]

(b)
]or

]
]d: The "I saw a mouse" thread, which I don't recall being Axis' fault,
]but I'm sure he's in there somewhere.

]
Where?

<ducks and runs>

Andrew

http://www.stardock.u-net.com/

Stephie

Feb 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/20/97

... when you watch DS9 (only for the second time, having been put off by
the pilot), and looking at the space station as shown from space you
decide it looks rather Centauri!

Stephie

Sing tirraloo, sing tirralay,
The Wuggly Ump lives far away.
Remove z from e-mail address to reply (assuming my attempt to insert it works)

Morgan

Feb 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/21/97

In article <AF3272049...@stardock.u-net.com>, Andrew Wright
<and...@stardock.u-net.com> writes

>]d: The "I saw a mouse" thread, which I don't recall being Axis' fault,
>]but I'm sure he's in there somewhere.
>]
>Where?
>
><ducks and runs>

There!

--
Morgan

Raj Rijhwani

Feb 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/21/97

In article <AF3272049...@stardock.u-net.com>
and...@stardock.u-net.com "Andrew Wright" writes:

> In article <C9SzHDA6...@booth1.demon.co.uk>,
> Simon Booth <Si...@booth1.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> ]d: The "I saw a mouse" thread, which I don't recall being Axis' fault,
> ]but I'm sure he's in there somewhere.

> Where?

>snick<

FWUMP!

=>KABOOM<=

All over the wall.

Hah! Bolloxed that thread...

Mr P.M. Martins Ferreira

Feb 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/21/97

Andrew Wright (and...@stardock.u-net.com) wrote:
: ]b: Axis' is he/isn't he 100% straight thread? <shudder>

Oh-oh... I don't remember this one... Why do I have this feeling that
this was NOT a warm discussion...?

: ]d: The "I saw a mouse" thread, which I don't recall being Axis' fault,

: ]but I'm sure he's in there somewhere.
: ]
: Where?

: <ducks and runs>

O.K., people, inside joke time (I know I'm going to regret this, but...)
What hell of a thread was this one? What does it have to do with mice?
Why is Raj so put off with it that he already bombed you? What is the
meaning of life? How much is 5 times 7? When does season 4 begin? Where
is Na'Toth?

You'll have to forgive me, it was a wild party, last night... Loads of
exotic drinks (read, Sangria) and vitamin T (read, Tequila). So, excuse
me if my posts today have a bigger amount of silliness than is usual...

Pedro

Jon Turner

Feb 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/21/97

Morgan <mor...@sidhen.demon.co.uk> dribbled incoherently :

>In article <AF3272049...@stardock.u-net.com>, Andrew Wright
><and...@stardock.u-net.com> writes

>>]d: The "I saw a mouse" thread, which I don't recall being Axis' fault,
>>]but I'm sure he's in there somewhere.
>>]
>>Where?
>>
>><ducks and runs>
>

>There!

there on the stair.

Jon Turner J...@acme-labs.demon.co.uk
--
"The sea, Pinky.
'Roll on thou deep and dark blue ocean, Roll',Byron"

Axis

Feb 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/21/97

OK, so I was reading uk.media.tv.sf.babylon5 and could have sworn that
I heard ferr...@liverpool.ac.uk (Mr P.M. Martins Ferreira) say

something along the lines of:

>Andrew Wright (and...@stardock.u-net.com) wrote:

>: ]b: Axis' is he/isn't he 100% straight thread? <shudder>

>Oh-oh... I don't remember this one... Why do I have this feeling that
>this was NOT a warm discussion...?

Oh, on the contrary.... it *was* hot... damned hot... flame hot, you
might say... in fact, probably the flamiest thread ever on umtsb5. In
actuality it wasn't really about whether I was straight or not (which
I am) but rather whether I was a homophobe (which I ain't).

Best forgotten, I think. If you *really* want to see all the fun and
games, check out:
http://xp6.dejanews.com/dnquery.xp?search=thread&filter=%7bdnserver.db96q3%20%7b%7b%7eg%20uk..media..tv..sf..babylon5%7d%7d%7d%20%7bdnserver..db95q4%20%7b%7b%7eg%20uk..media..tv..sf..babylon5%7d%7d%7d%20%7bdnserver..db95q23%20%7b%7b%7eg%20uk..media..tv..sf..babylon5%7d%7d%7樹c

>: ]d: The "I saw a mouse" thread, which I don't recall being Axis' fault,

>: ]but I'm sure he's in there somewhere.
>: ]
>: Where?

>: <ducks and runs>

>O.K., people, inside joke time (I know I'm going to regret this, but...)

>What hell of a thread was this one?

One that went on, and on, and on, and on, and....

>What does it have to do with mice?

Check out
http://xp6.dejanews.com/dnquery.xp?search=thread&filter=%7bdnserver.db96q3%20%7b%7b%7eg%20uk..media..tv..sf..babylon5%7d%7d%7d%20%7bdnserver..db95q4%20%7b%7b%7eg%20uk..media..tv..sf..babylon5%7d%7d%7d%20%7bdnserver..db95q23%20%7b%7b%7eg%20uk..media..tv..sf..babylon5%7d%7d%7樹c

and all will be revealed.

>Why is Raj so put off with it that he already bombed you? What is the
>meaning of life?

42.

>How much is 5 times 7?

Meaning of life minus 7.

>When does season 4 begin?

Probably about 21 weeks before ep 422.

>Where
>is Na'Toth?

She lives on in our hearts.

//=============== THIS WAS A MESSAGE FROM AXIS ==============\\

// "I want the two-seven, the three-two /| \ / O /痐 \\

Ben Fell

Feb 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/21/97

Before passing beyond the rim
Ax...@netcomuk.co.uk.ANTISPAM-PLEASE-DELETE (Axis) uttered these
immortal words:

>OK, so I was reading uk.media.tv.sf.babylon5 and could have sworn that
>I heard ferr...@liverpool.ac.uk (Mr P.M. Martins Ferreira) say
>something along the lines of:

<snip sexuality sub-thread for reasons of public safety>

<snip rodent query>

>Check out
>http://xp6.dejanews.com/dnquery.xp?search=thread&filter=%7bdnserver.db96q3%20%7b%7b%7eg%20uk..media..tv..sf..babylon5%7d%7d%7d%20%7bdnserver..db95q4%20%7b%7b%7eg%20uk..media..tv..sf..babylon5%7d%7d%7d%20%7bdnserver..db95q23%20%7b%7b%7eg%20uk..media..tv..sf..babylon5%7d%7d%7樹c

>and all will be revealed.

I think Pedro (being Portuguese and all that) was more concerned with
the cultural history of the thread (apologies if this is patronising,
Pedro, but you *seem* genuinely bewildered)

It's from a song (can't remember who by - probably Playaway) which
goes:

[Person A]: I saw a mouse
[Person B]: Where?
[A]There on the stair
[B]Where on the stair?
[A]Right there,
a little mouse with clogs on
[B] Well, I declare
[A] Going clip-clippety-clop on the stair

>>Why is Raj so put off with it that he already bombed you? What is the
>>meaning of life?

<snip>

Holland Park....

>>When does season 4 begin?

>Probably about 21 weeks before ep 422.

Or 22, counting the Tour de France... :)

>>Where
>>is Na'Toth?

>She lives on in our hearts.

You forgot "What does CGI mean?" :)

--
Jokes you're already tired of, but will hang about for months, Number 2976:
What... you expect my .sig to work Fridays? This is the BBC, mate!

rupert smith

Feb 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/21/97

In article <5ek1se$211$1...@taliesin.netcom.net.uk>, Ax...@netcomuk.co.uk.ANTISPAM-PLEASE-DELETE (Axis) wrote:

>>Where
>>is Na'Toth?
>
>She lives on in our hearts.

i thought she lived in dagenham..

rupert smith linc...@sable.ox.ac.uk http://users.ox.ac.uk/~linc0015

And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born? -- W. B. Yeats

JamesG

Feb 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/21/97

Axis wrote:

> OK, so I was reading uk.media.tv.sf.babylon5 and could have sworn that
> I heard ferr...@liverpool.ac.uk (Mr P.M. Martins Ferreira) say
> something along the lines of:

> >Where

> >is Na'Toth?
>
> She lives on in our hearts.

And all this time I thought it was just indegestion!

JamesG,
duh aren't i daft
--
Official rassm organiser.
(-o-) <*>

Andy Taylor

Feb 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/21/97

In article <E5y83...@liverpool.ac.uk>, "Mr P.M. Martins Ferreira"
<ferr...@liverpool.ac.uk> writes

>Andrew Wright (and...@stardock.u-net.com) wrote:
>: ]b: Axis' is he/isn't he 100% straight thread? <shudder>
>
>Oh-oh... I don't remember this one... Why do I have this feeling that
>this was NOT a warm discussion...?
>

>: ]d: The "I saw a mouse" thread, which I don't recall being Axis' fault,
>: ]but I'm sure he's in there somewhere.
>: ]
>: Where?
>
>: <ducks and runs>
>
>O.K., people, inside joke time (I know I'm going to regret this, but...)
>What hell of a thread was this one? What does it have to do with mice?

No idea either. Quite funny though.

>Why is Raj so put off with it that he already bombed you? What is the
>meaning of life?

Cheese, B5 and 42.

> How much is 5 times 7?

Um, er, 35?

>When does season 4 begin?

<Vorlon>

Soon

</Vorlon>

>Where
>is Na'Toth?

Written out after the actress wanted to soften the character.

>You'll have to forgive me, it was a wild party, last night... Loads of
>exotic drinks (read, Sangria) and vitamin T (read, Tequila). So, excuse
>me if my posts today have a bigger amount of silliness than is usual...

--
Andy Taylor

Turnpike evaluation. For information, see http://www.turnpike.com/

Andrew Wright

Feb 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/21/97

In article <Pine.LNX.3.91.97022...@linux1.balliol.ox.ac.u,
Stephie <ste...@linux1.balliol.oxz.ac.uk> wrote:

]... when you watch DS9 (only for the second time, having been put off by

]the pilot), and looking at the space station as shown from space you
]decide it looks rather Centauri!

]
But didn't that episode remind you of Babylon Squared?

Julian Barkway

Feb 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/21/97

In article <5ekbf2$9...@bbcnews.rd.bbc.co.uk>,
ben....@bbc.co.uk (Ben Fell) did speak thusly unto the masses:

=> It's from a song (can't remember who by - probably Playaway) which
=> goes:
=>
=> [Person A]: I saw a mouse
=> [Person B]: Where?
=> [A]There on the stair
=> [B]Where on the stair?
=> [A]Right there,
=> a little mouse with clogs on
=> [B] Well, I declare
=> [A] Going clip-clippety-clop on the stair
=>

This predates Playaway by some years. It comes from a film and was sung by
either Dick van Dyke or Danny Kaye. Don't ask me what the fim was, tho'.

Maybe somebody could post the ending and we could all try and guess...

Julian Barkway, | You do not have enough memory to run sig97.
jbarkway_@_euronet.nl,| Install at least 500Mb and click OK to continue.
Amsterdam. | OK
Address deliberately corrupted (remove '_'s) to prevent unwanted email spam.

Duncan M. MacGregor

Feb 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/22/97

In article <PEIgpFAU...@booth1.demon.co.uk>
Simon Booth <Si...@booth1.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> In article <AF3272049...@stardock.u-net.com>, Andrew Wright
> <and...@stardock.u-net.com> writes

> >]d: The "I saw a mouse" thread, which I don't recall being Axis' fault,
> >]but I'm sure he's in there somewhere.
> >]
> >Where?
>

> There on the stair!

Where on the stair?

> ><ducks and runs>
>
> I had that lately. I put it down to dodgy chicken at the time.

TTFN, Duncan.

--
"Down the road I go. I am following my
fishie because my fish knows where to go."

Simon Booth

Feb 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/22/97

In article <5eh3he$8ej$1...@taliesin.netcom.net.uk>, Axis
<Ax...@netcomuk.co.uk.ANTISPAM-PLEASE-DELETE> writes

>>c: Axis' Niggley Niggley thread, which gave me my waterfall nightmare?
>
>Waterfall nightmare? *Do* elaborate....

Sometimes, especially if I'm made to think about depths or rushing
water (as our buoyancy sub-thread did) I have a dream about a swimming
pool with a waterfall at one end. I like to swim underwater, so I do,
and am dragged under the waterfall. It's too strong to swim up, and I
can't swim sideways (I'm surrounded by glass, behind which are people
looking at me drown.) I wake up, not breathing. I have to take over my
own breathing (in, out, in, out) for a few minutes before my breathing
reflex works again. Not fun, like my dreams usually are :-)

Simon Booth
Harrogate, UK

Simon Booth

Feb 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/22/97

In article <b9eb7...@dmm20.robinson.cam.ac.uk>, "Duncan M. MacGregor"
<dun...@aardvark.confusion.org> writes

>> >Where?
>>
>> There on the stair!
>
>Where on the stair?

Right there! A little mouse with Clooooooggggs on!

>> ><ducks and runs>
>>
>> I had that lately. I put it down to dodgy chicken at the time.

Attaboy wover, go gettim!

Simon Booth
Harrogate, UK

Simon Booth

Feb 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/22/97

In article <AF3272049...@stardock.u-net.com>, Andrew Wright
<and...@stardock.u-net.com> writes
>]d: The "I saw a mouse" thread, which I don't recall being Axis' fault,
>]but I'm sure he's in there somewhere.
>]
>Where?

There on the stair!

><ducks and runs>

I had that lately. I put it down to dodgy chicken at the time.

Simon Booth
Harrogate, UK

Duncan M. MacGregor

Feb 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/22/97

In article <ebUUuKAk...@booth1.demon.co.uk>
Simon Booth <Si...@booth1.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> In article <b9eb7...@dmm20.robinson.cam.ac.uk>, "Duncan M. MacGregor"
> <dun...@aardvark.confusion.org> writes

> >> There on the stair!
> >

> >Where on the stair?
>
> Right there! A little mouse with Clooooooggggs on!

Well. I do declare!

> >> I had that lately. I put it down to dodgy chicken at the time.

> Attaboy wover, go gettim!

Bugger, never go hunting in mine fields.

Andrew Wright

Feb 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/23/97

ben....@bbc.co.uk (Ben Fell) wrote:

]
][Person A]: I saw a mouse
][Person B]: Where?
][A]There on the stair
][B]Where on the stair?
][A]Right there,
]a little mouse with clogs on
][B] Well, I declare
][A] Going clip-clippety-clop on the stair
]
Hate to prolong this any further, but isn't this just the chorus? I seem to
remember the version we sang at school having 4 or 5 verses as well, about
the Mouse who lived in a windmill in old Amsterdam.

Or am I just getting two songs confused?

Stephie

Feb 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/23/97

On 21 Feb 1997, Andrew Wright wrote:
> In article <Pine.LNX.3.91.97022...@linux1.balliol.ox.ac.u,
> Stephie <ste...@linux1.balliol.oxz.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> ]... when you watch DS9 (only for the second time, having been put off by
> ]the pilot), and looking at the space station as shown from space you
> ]decide it looks rather Centauri!
> ]
> But didn't that episode remind you of Babylon Squared?

Well... I did spot the time travel element hidden under the barrage of
treknobabble, but I only saw the last 20 minutes, and there was no
Zathras, so I didn't think about B5 much (!) until the involuntary
assessment of the "architectural" style of the space station.

Ian Vincent

Feb 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/23/97

Duncan M. MacGregor (dun...@aardvark.confusion.org) wrote:
:
: > >
: > >> >
: > >> ><ducks and runs>

: > >>
: > >> I had that lately. I put it down to dodgy chicken at the time.
: > >
: >
: > Attaboy wover, go gettim!
:
:
: Bugger, never go hunting in mine fields.

Unless you want a visit from Princess Di.

I I I
I Ian "Vinny" Vincent <i...@binny.demon.co.uk> I Say NO to the ID card!!! I
I Accessing the Internet on an AMIGA I I
I http://www.binny.demon.co.uk/homepage.html I I
I I I

Neale Grant

Feb 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/23/97

Andrew Wright (and...@stardock.u-net.com) wrote:
: [Chorus snipped]
: Hate to prolong this any further, but isn't this just the chorus? I seem to

Yes.

: remember the version we sang at school having 4 or 5 verses as well, about

: the Mouse who lived in a windmill in old Amsterdam.

From memory, with loads of holes, and probably several lines in the
wrong places...

A mouse lived in a windmill
In old Amsterdam
[Two lines forgotten]
He sang every morning
"How lucky I am"
Living in a windmill
In old Amsterdam

Chorus

The mouse he got lonely
And took him a wife
A windmill with mice in
Is hardly surprisin'
They sang every morning
How lucky we are
Living in a windmill
In Amsterdam, yah!

Chorus

[Two lines forgotten]
A windmill with twins in
Triplets and quins in
They sang every morning
How lucky we am
Living in a windmill
In old Amsterdam

Chorus

[Four lines forgotten]
Living in a windmill
So snug and so nice
There's nobody there now
But a whole lot of mice

I've got it on a tape at home, so if nobody else can come up with the
goods I'll post the whole thing some time in March.

Neale
_________ ____ ____________________________________________________
|_ _|_ | __| Dr Roney is co-editor of The Quatermass Experiment -
| | |_| |_|-_ excellent SF short stories in a fun diskzine format.
|_|_______|__| See the site: http://ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk/~roney/tqe/

Simon Booth

Feb 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/23/97

In article <93569...@dmm20.robinson.cam.ac.uk>, "Duncan M. MacGregor"

<dun...@aardvark.confusion.org> writes
>In article <ebUUuKAk...@booth1.demon.co.uk>
> Simon Booth <Si...@booth1.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> In article <b9eb7...@dmm20.robinson.cam.ac.uk>, "Duncan M. MacGregor"
>> <dun...@aardvark.confusion.org> writes

>> >Where on the stair?
>>
>> Right there! A little mouse with Clooooooggggs on!
>
>Well. I do declare!

Going Clip-Clippety-Clop on the stairs.

<whistling, clapping, fanfare etc.>

I don't think we ever finished this thread first time round.

>> Attaboy wover, go gettim!

<splat> ooogh! dogmeat!

Simon Booth
Harrogate, UK

Andrew Wright

Feb 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/24/97

In article <Pine.LNX.3.91.970223...@linux1.balliol.ox.ac.,
Stephie <ste...@linux1.balliol.oxz.ac.uk> wrote:
]
]Well... I did spot the time travel element hidden under the barrage of
]treknobabble, but I only saw the last 20 minutes, and there was no
]Zathras, so I didn't think about B5 much (!) until the involuntary
]assessment of the "architectural" style of the space station.
]
It was more the idea that the station was going to go boom, and a character
was being bounced about in time, meeting himself and giving himself
warnings.

In the end it was suitably naff though.

Andrew Wright

Feb 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/24/97

In article <19970223.E2...@binny.demon.co.uk>,
i...@binny.demon.co.uk (Ian Vincent) wrote:

]
]Unless you want a visit from Princess Di.
]
And just remember which country is the world's largest producer of land
mines.

Hint, most of us live in it.

Andy Burbanks

Feb 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/25/97

In article <330d89a...@news.demon.co.uk> j...@acme-labs.demon.co.uk (Jon
Turner) writes:

>From: j...@acme-labs.demon.co.uk (Jon Turner)
>>Morgan <mor...@sidhen.demon.co.uk>
>>>Andrew Wright <and...@stardock.u-net.com>
>>>]d: The "I saw a mouse" thread, which I don't recall being Axis' fault,
>>>]but I'm sure he's in there somewhere.
>>>]
>>>Where?
>>>

>>><ducks and runs>
>>
>>There!
>>
>there on the stair.

where on the stair?

Wibble.

Raj Rijhwani

Feb 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/25/97

In article <am914d2...@dalek.Lboro.ac.uk>
A.D.Bu...@Lboro.ac.uk "Andy Burbanks" writes:

Holy smokes! Jokes like this are in the "funny once" category.

Once: as in "singular", cardinal primary, never again...

Tell you what - let's all just play "follow-my-leader".

rupert smith

Feb 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/25/97

>Tell you what - let's all just play "follow-my-leader".

so: what now, fearless leader?

>Raj Rijhwani (umtsb5/16) | This is the voice of the Mysterons...

Axis

Feb 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/25/97

Once, there was void. Unimaginable forces sprung from the nothingness;
aeons later, this cosmic ballet achieved its zenith on Tue, 25 Feb 97

15:55:46 GMT when Raj Rijhwani <r...@courtfld.demon.co.uk> said:

>In article <am914d2...@dalek.Lboro.ac.uk>
> A.D.Bu...@Lboro.ac.uk "Andy Burbanks" writes:

>> In article <330d89a...@news.demon.co.uk> j...@acme-labs.demon.co.uk (Jon
>> Turner) writes:
>>
>> >From: j...@acme-labs.demon.co.uk (Jon Turner)

>> >there on the stair.
>> >
>> where on the stair?

>Holy smokes! Jokes like this are in the "funny once" category.

>Once: as in "singular", cardinal primary, never again...

The difference this time, is that everyone is apologising as they add
each line. So it's all OK, right? ;-)

//=============== THIS WAS A MESSAGE FROM AXIS ==============\\

// "I want the two-seven, the three-two /| \ / O /ŻŻŻ` \\

Raj Rijhwani

Feb 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/26/97

In article <5evr53$3...@news.ox.ac.uk>
linc...@sable.ox.ac.uk.anti-spam "rupert smith" writes:

> >Tell you what - let's all just play "follow-my-leader".

> so: what now, fearless leader?

We all sit in a circle and sing Cumbaya? No? No - I guess not...
--

Raj Rijhwani (umtsb5/16) | This is the voice of the Mysterons...

Mike Hubbard

Feb 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/26/97

In article <AF37B734...@stardock.u-net.com>,
and...@stardock.u-net.com (Andrew Wright) said:

(Last week's DS9)

>]Well... I did spot the time travel element hidden under the barrage of
>]treknobabble, but I only saw the last 20 minutes, and there was no
>]Zathras, so I didn't think about B5 much (!) until the involuntary
>]assessment of the "architectural" style of the space station.
>]
>It was more the idea that the station was going to go boom, and a character
>was being bounced about in time, meeting himself and giving himself
>warnings.
>
>In the end it was suitably naff though.

The difference between B5 B^2 and DS9 was that we had Epsilon 3 to
explain the time travel, but they just had an accident with Mcguffion
particles making Chief the jammiest lucky devil of all time. Not only
does he get a warning about his own death, but he sees the station
explode and gets to stop that as well.

The ending should have been better thought out. The idea, after
introducing the "other" dead O'Brien, for the "real" one to die and be
replaced by one from another time zone was an interesting plot twist,
but it introduces an extra parallel universe specially to do it. When
O'Brien has his time travel injection, he ends up in his own bedroom, 3
hours in the future, where he wakes up a future version of himself. The
only explanation for him being there is that O'Brien is in a parallel
universe that was exactly the same as his one up to the moment he had
the injection, but in this one, even though he knows that everyone on
the station is hours away from death, he goes home, puts on his pyjamas,
and goes to sleep instead.

Up to that point we only had one future at a time.
--
<*> Mike Hubbard. Hulme Community Computing, Manchester. 0161-226 5088
"He's Arnold, Arnold, Arnold Rimmer. More reliable than a garden strimmer.

Simon Hopper

Feb 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/26/97

>In article <am914d2...@dalek.Lboro.ac.uk>
> A.D.Bu...@Lboro.ac.uk "Andy Burbanks" writes:

>> In article <330d89a...@news.demon.co.uk> j...@acme-labs.demon.co.uk
>> (Jon Turner) writes:
>>
>> >From: j...@acme-labs.demon.co.uk (Jon Turner)

>> >there on the stair.
>> >
>> where on the stair?

>Holy smokes! Jokes like this are in the "funny once" category.

>Once: as in "singular", cardinal primary, never again...

I'd have to agree with you there Raj. You can also include Mornington
"bloody" Crescent and test threads.

Simon

James Nash

Feb 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/27/97

Andrew Wright wrote:
> It was more the idea that the station was going to go boom...

Well, there was no "boom" today.

And we can be certain there won't be any "boom" tommorrow either.

--
James Nash (jam...@mdx.ac.uk)