Outnumbered - BBC1

Ian F.

Aug 30, 2007, 6:13:21 PM8/30/07
I love it. The kids are just brilliant.

Ian

--

Mike

Aug 30, 2007, 6:51:20 PM8/30/07

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 23:13:21 +0100, "Ian F."
<wowfab...@googlemail.com> wrote:

>I love it. The kids are just brilliant.

I can't believe this place hasn't been full of comment on this
brilliant series. It's one of the funniest things I've seen in years
and so true to life, what they get the kids to come out with is
hilarious. I hope it gets a repeat showing later in the year and
preferably earlier in the evening as there will be plenty who will
miss it with the holidays. Even the much repeated trailer with the
bubble wrapped burger to Africa was addictive viewing!

My mum rang up the other day and said she couldn't get my nearly 80
year old dad to bed the previous evening as he was splitting his sides
on the sofa and making so much noise she couldn't get to sleep. It's
just so true to life, thankfully devoid of canned laughter and DOG
free. I think she joined him in watching it tonight :)

Ian F.

Aug 30, 2007, 6:56:39 PM8/30/07
"Mike" <nos...@nospam.com> wrote in message

> I hope it gets a repeat showing later in the year and
> preferably earlier in the evening

I think the idea is that it's on when the kids are in bed. We wouldn't
want them learning how to lie, or asking what 'sarcasm' is! :-)))

Ian

steeler

Aug 30, 2007, 7:08:57 PM8/30/07

"Ian F." <wowfab...@googlemail.com> wrote in message

>I love it. The kids are just brilliant.

I hared it - can't do with kids. Should have known from the description
really.

cupra

Aug 31, 2007, 4:28:43 AM8/31/07

Not forgetting the 'stranger, stranger!!' moment too!

Jeff Lawrence

Aug 31, 2007, 4:33:47 AM8/31/07
On 31 Aug, 00:51, Mike <nos...@nospam.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 23:13:21 +0100, "Ian F."
>
> <wowfabgro...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> >I love it. The kids are just brilliant.
>
> I can't believe this place hasn't been full of comment on this
> brilliant series. It's one of the funniest things I've seen in years
> and so true to life, what they get the kids to come out with is
> hilarious.

Apparently a lot of the stuff the kids say is improvised by them as
the writers thought it would be
more realistic than trying to put words written by adults into their
mouths.
Cheers
Jeff

JohnB

Aug 31, 2007, 4:48:45 AM8/31/07

I don't think the dialogue is actually improvised by the kids but it
is worked out with them, not scripted for them. That's why it comes
across as quite natural, especially the girl (is it Karen?).
Not seen all of it yet (hoping for repeats - well, they must, mustn't
they?) but what I have seen is entertaining and occasionally very
funny.
I loved the bit where they're in the car and playing a game of
"telling the biggest lie" and the girl says "I like Aunty
Angela" (who's in the car with them).

Sam Nelson

Aug 31, 2007, 4:57:42 AM8/31/07
In article <DMCdnSXLk-5x1Erb...@pipex.net>,

Mike <nos...@nospam.com> writes:

> On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 23:13:21 +0100, "Ian F."
> <wowfab...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> >I love it. The kids are just brilliant.
>
> I can't believe this place hasn't been full of comment on this
> brilliant series. It's one of the funniest things I've seen in years
> and so true to life, what they get the kids to come out with is
> hilarious.

I watched a little of it. My own kids are funnier.
--
SAm.

Meng

Aug 31, 2007, 6:20:12 AM8/31/07

Me neither normally - I'd be reaching for the remote = but not in this
case. The whole cast, kids included, are superb.

Reece Bythell

Sep 1, 2007, 3:47:44 AM9/1/07
Ian F. wrote:
> I love it. The kids are just brilliant.

Agree with that. I'm enjoying it very much. It's not a show with big
laugh-out-loud moments, but it does enough to sustain a lot of chuckling
throughout.

What I don't understand is the scheduling. It doesn't exactly deserve a
10:40pm timeslot. It's not dealing with post-watershed themes, or even
language here.

All I can assume is that the BBC hates it and doesn't want it to do well.
Why else would they put it on so late, at the end of the silly season, and
three times a week to get it all over and done with quickly?

Reece

Ayatollah of rock 'n' roller

Sep 1, 2007, 4:00:23 AM9/1/07

"Reece Bythell" <repl...@newsgroup.only> wrote in message

No black people in it?

Ian F.

Sep 1, 2007, 4:54:21 AM9/1/07
"Reece Bythell" <repl...@newsgroup.only> wrote in message

> All I can assume is that the BBC hates it and doesn't want it to do

> well.
> Why else would they put it on so late,

I think the timing is so that kids are in bed and don't copy the kids in
the show!

Ian

AC

Sep 1, 2007, 5:20:06 AM9/1/07

"Ian F." <wowfab...@googlemail.com> wrote in message
>I love it. The kids are just brilliant.
>
> Ian

Andy Hamilton was on BBC R5 th other day. Aparently only the adults
are scripted, the kids say what ever they like in response to the
adults. I guess the kids are brilliant because they aren't reading
lines written be adults.

AC

Sam Nelson

Sep 1, 2007, 12:01:49 PM9/1/07
In article <5jsnltF...@mid.individual.net>,
wowfab...@googlemail.com says...

Tosh. The dialogue clearly comes from listening to kids that already
know it.
--
SAm.