Rei Ayanami body pillows?

Skip to the first unread message

Richard Qunt

23 Jul 2003, 10:05:5523/07/2003
Does anyone know where I can buy a Rei Ayanami (or failing that, a Ritsuko
Akagi) bishoujo body pillow in the UK?

I've seen the picture of it a while back (so I know they exist - she is in
her NERV uniform on one side, her bra and panties on the other). I can't
find the website now, though.

I remember it not being very cheap, but money is not a problem here. Face
it - it's the only way I'll ever get Rei into my bed. :)

wing

23 Jul 2003, 16:01:0023/07/2003

"Richard Qunt" <r.c....@hotmail.com> wrote in message

lol :)
nice one
if you accidently find it please post here so that ^^'''
well i want it and if i can i'll try to get it :)=

Shez

23 Jul 2003, 16:51:2723/07/2003
Once upon a time in the faraway land of uk.media.animation.anime,

Richard Qunt <r.c....@hotmail.com> said:
>Does anyone know where I can buy a Rei Ayanami (or failing that, a Ritsuko
>Akagi) bishoujo body pillow in the UK?
>
>I've seen the picture of it a while back (so I know they exist - she is in
>her NERV uniform on one side, her bra and panties on the other). I can't
>find the website now, though.

I'm sure Wednesday knows the answer to this question, though I'm not
sure why it was her rather than goat that had a link to such stuff.
I thought the body pillows looked rather sweet, but it's said that
actually being a Rei Ayanami body pillow may not be a particularly
pleasant experience.

-Shez.

"An eye for an eye" will blind the world.
anime at the Last Stop Cafe: http://www.xerez.demon.co.uk/anime/
Use http://www.xerez.demon.co.uk/mailform.html for personal replies

Rudolf Polzer

23 Jul 2003, 17:10:3323/07/2003
Scripsit iste aut ista »Shez« <see...@nospam.demon.co.uk.invalid>:

> Once upon a time in the faraway land of uk.media.animation.anime,
> Richard Qunt <r.c....@hotmail.com> said:
> >Does anyone know where I can buy a Rei Ayanami (or failing that, a Ritsuko
> >Akagi) bishoujo body pillow in the UK?
[...]

> I'm sure Wednesday knows the answer to this question, though I'm not
> sure why it was her rather than goat that had a link to such stuff.
> I thought the body pillows looked rather sweet, but it's said that
> actually being a Rei Ayanami body pillow may not be a particularly
> pleasant experience.

Hm... what about... an Asuka body pillow? Would fit nice in front of my...
Dart board!

SCNR, hopefully not being the culprit of the next Rei vs. Asuka thread

--
Asuka in Neon Genesis Evangelion, Episode 26:
"He, hoch mit dir! Zeit zum Aufstehen, du Lahmarsch! Arrgghhh! Du

Psaiyan Prince Vegeta

23 Jul 2003, 18:11:3523/07/2003

I've seen Chii body pillows on the web, but never any featuring Rei (I
have looked). IIRC they worked out at about $400, so I guess that an
Ayanami version would be a roughly similar price.

Whether you would want to spend $400 on what basically amounts to a
masturbation aid is an entirely different matter.

At half the price, I would seriously consider it. ^_^
--
Reverend David "PPV" Hawthorne -
ICQ: 260681668

I wish that I could turn back time,
'cos now the guilt is all mine.
Can't live without
the trust from those you love.
I know we can't forget the past
you can't forget love & pride,
because of that, it's killing me inside.

'\
_\______
/ HENTAI \========@
____|__________\_____
/ ___________________ \
\/ _===============_ \/
"-===============-"

Shez

23 Jul 2003, 21:30:4123/07/2003
Once upon a time in the faraway land of uk.media.animation.anime,
Richard Qunt <r.c....@hotmail.com> said:
>Does anyone know where I can buy a Rei Ayanami (or failing that, a Ritsuko
>Akagi) bishoujo body pillow in the UK?

If you don't mind settling for a flat-chested 17 year old nurse with
pink hair, you can find near-life-size Nurse Witch Komugi cushions here:
http://www.komugi-club.com/mugimono/goods.html
also life size cardboard cutouts. (But anyone who wants to run their
hand over a bikini-clad babe should of course get the mouse mat.)

Interesting what you can find by looking up URLs you've seen pop-up
during TV programmes.

-Shez.

"An eye for an eye" will blind the world.

Anime at the Last Stop Cafe: http://www.xerez.demon.co.uk/anime/

Frank White

23 Jul 2003, 22:38:4623/07/2003
In article <bfm4oc$6fd$1...@news6.svr.pol.co.uk>, r.c....@hotmail.com says...

>Does anyone know where I can buy a Rei Ayanami (or failing that, a Ritsuko
>Akagi) bishoujo body pillow in the UK?

(eye-twitch)

>I've seen the picture of it a while back (so I know they exist - she is in
>her NERV uniform on one side, her bra and panties on the other). I can't
>find the website now, though.

(eye-twitch, eye-twitch)

>I remember it not being very cheap, but money is not a problem here. Face
>it - it's the only way I'll ever get Rei into my bed. :)

(spasm, SPASM)

(determination to focus on all that is good and pure in life)

(slow recovery)

You might want to check at J-List...

FW. Trying to put this post behind him...

nos...@hgfhfhfhfhyu.com

24 Jul 2003, 01:23:5124/07/2003
I was wondering what does a Rei Ayanami body pillow looks like? Is it just
a body pillow with large Ayanami image on it, or a large pillow that
shaped like Ayanami?

FG

Ethan Hammond

24 Jul 2003, 04:52:4424/07/2003
"Richard Qunt" <r.c....@hotmail.com> wrote in message

You could make one out of a wallscroll I bet.

--
All Purpose Cultural Randomness
http://www.angelfire.com/tx/apcr/index.html

Ethan Hammond

24 Jul 2003, 04:58:2324/07/2003
I bet the pillow would be more responsive than the real
Rei anyway. ^_-

nos...@sdjldjsdsfkh.com

24 Jul 2003, 05:47:3424/07/2003
In rec.arts.anime.misc Psaiyan Prince Vegeta <ppve...@hotmail.communism> wrote:
> I've seen Chii body pillows on the web, but never any featuring Rei (I
> have looked). IIRC they worked out at about $400, so I guess that an
> Ayanami version would be a roughly similar price.
>
> Whether you would want to spend $400 on what basically amounts to a
> masturbation aid is an entirely different matter.

How about this, get you favorite Rei Ayanami poster, and post it on your
ceiling above your bed. Then get a nice and warm body pillow. Everynight,
when you go to bed, look at the poster and imagine the body pillow is
Rei. In the morning, you will awake to Rei's beauty. What a nice way to
start your day, and save $400. But if you want to go hardcore, you can get
an inflatable doll, and then dress it up with a Rei Ayanami halloween
costume. Now you can play with Rei, do whatever you want with her, and
she won't complain one bit.

FG

Daniel Rudy

24 Jul 2003, 06:30:4224/07/2003
Somewhere around the time of 07/24/2003 02:47, the world stopped and
listened as nos...@sdjldjsdsfkh.com spoke these words of wisdom...:

Just like in the series. :)

--
Daniel Rudy

Remove nospam, invalid, and 0123456789 to reply.

Psaiyan Prince Vegeta

24 Jul 2003, 07:23:5224/07/2003
On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 08:58:23 GMT, "Ethan Hammond"
<esha...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>I bet the pillow would be more responsive than the real
>Rei anyway. ^_-

But would it say "Hai." in that soft, quiet, very sexy voice? ^_^

Psaiyan Prince Vegeta

24 Jul 2003, 07:49:0724/07/2003
On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 05:23:51 GMT, nos...@hgfhfhfhfhyu.com wrote:

>I was wondering what does a Rei Ayanami body pillow looks like? Is it just
>a body pillow with large Ayanami image on it, or a large pillow that
>shaped like Ayanami?

AFAIK, it's a life-size body pillow with a sexually provocative image
of Ayanami on both sides (I think it's supposed to be her (very)
skin-tight plugsuit on one side and see-through lingerie on the
other).

Unfortunately, I have never been able to locate an image.

Frank White

24 Jul 2003, 10:14:4024/07/2003
In article <WWNTa.4886$dk4.2...@typhoon.sonic.net>,
nos...@sdjldjsdsfkh.com says...

Naw, THAT'S not hardcore! Hardcore is contacting the RealDoll
people and having them make up a customized head (I'm SURE they've
never gotten a request for blue hair and red eyes before; it will
be a nice change for them), stick it on the appropriate style body,
aqnd send it to you! THAT'S hardcore.

And also probably a $10,000 bill...

EXTREME hard core is, you then try to activate it...

(Imagine of a Dr. Frankenstein type laboratory, a Rei otaku
dancing around a Rei RealDoll on a slab as electricity
snaps and crackles all around, tubes glow white hot, and
dials are flickering into the red. And as the otaku grabs
the master switch and slams it shut, we hear the jingle...

"G.E.! It brings good things to life!")

^_^

FW

Lord Merc

24 Jul 2003, 10:45:3824/07/2003
Rei wouldnt complain anyway(unless its ep 26 alterante rei!! damn dont know
which one i prefer, although i dont think she'd complaiun either)!!!!!!!!
"Daniel Rudy" <dcr...@invalid.pacbell.nospam.net.0123456789> wrote in
message news:mzOTa.3415$jQ3....@newssvr22.news.prodigy.com...

Richard Qunt

24 Jul 2003, 11:36:3424/07/2003
> AFAIK, it's a life-size body pillow with a sexually provocative image
> of Ayanami on both sides (I think it's supposed to be her (very)
> skin-tight plugsuit on one side and see-through lingerie on the
> other).

On the plugsuit side, you can see the outlines of her firm nipples and her
cute little 'manko'. On the other side, you can see nearly everything. ^_^

Richard Qunt

24 Jul 2003, 11:39:2424/07/2003
"Frank White" <fwhite*NOSPAM*@colfax.com> wrote in message

> In article <bfm4oc$6fd$1...@news6.svr.pol.co.uk>, r.c....@hotmail.com
says...
> You might want to check at J-List...

No, not on Jlist. There do seem to be a few hentai cosplay DVDs that have
'Rei Ayanami' as their main selling point. Is she that much of a sex symbol
in Japan?

Richard Qunt

24 Jul 2003, 11:41:3224/07/2003
<nos...@hgfhfhfhfhyu.com> wrote in message

> I was wondering what does a Rei Ayanami body pillow looks like? Is it just
> a body pillow with large Ayanami image on it, or a large pillow that
> shaped like Ayanami?

It's a big body pillow with Rei on it. She is stretched out, looking really
hot and the expression of her face makes her look like she's about to cum.

Lord Merc

24 Jul 2003, 11:50:1124/07/2003
she would do anything you ordered including being responsive(unless it was
ep 26 alternate rei which would be really responsive without being ordered,
Damn cant chose between the 2, damn, damn, damn)
"Psaiyan Prince Vegeta" <ppve...@hotmail.communism> wrote in message

Rudolf Polzer

24 Jul 2003, 12:03:5224/07/2003
Scripsit ille »Richard Qunt« <r.c....@hotmail.com>:

Hehe, in German "Manko" means something completely different [*]. But
it's pronounced differently - German always pronounces nk as ngk, where
ng doesn't have that g sound at the end.

Interesting "false friend" we have found ^^

[*] Manko in German: disadvantage
manko in Japanese: go find it out yourself ^^

--
Can't find string terminator "EOF" anywhere before EOF at ./autoindex line 27.

wing

24 Jul 2003, 15:00:1724/07/2003

"Lord Merc" <soldier...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

> she would do anything you ordered including being responsive(unless it was
> ep 26 alternate rei which would be really responsive without being
ordered,
> Damn cant chose between the 2, damn, damn, damn)

is it really so hard?
i would rather have them both but as one peron :)
how would that looked like?
she would be nice...and could laugh
and... ^^'''
well i'l let youre fantasy do the rest for everybody wants something other
on her :p
right?

Arthur Levesque

24 Jul 2003, 18:13:4324/07/2003
Richard Qunt (r.c....@hotmail.com) wrote:
RQ>Does anyone know where I can buy a Rei Ayanami (or failing that, a
RQ>Ritsuko Akagi) bishoujo body pillow in the UK? ... I remember it not
RQ>being very cheap, but money is not a problem here. Face it - it's the
RQ>only way I'll ever get Rei into my bed. :)

For that kind of money, you could get a real woman into your bed.
Prostitution may be illegal, but it's a hell of a lot less pathetic.
--
/\ Arthur Levesque <fnord?> http://boog.org & http://DammitJa.net __
\B\ack King of the Potato People & shanana-Cobain <*> Urban Spaceman (oO)

Psaiyan Prince Vegeta

24 Jul 2003, 18:35:4924/07/2003
On 24 Jul 2003 22:13:43 GMT, meist...@boog.org (Arthur Levesque)
wrote:

>Richard Qunt (r.c....@hotmail.com) wrote:
>RQ>Does anyone know where I can buy a Rei Ayanami (or failing that, a
>RQ>Ritsuko Akagi) bishoujo body pillow in the UK? ... I remember it not
>RQ>being very cheap, but money is not a problem here. Face it - it's the
>RQ>only way I'll ever get Rei into my bed. :)
>
> For that kind of money, you could get a real woman into your bed.
>Prostitution may be illegal, but it's a hell of a lot less pathetic.

For a few quid extra, Mr. Qunt could probably find a whore of similar
stature and skin tone to Rei and get her to wear a short blue wig and
red contact lenses during sex.

She'd be glad of the extra cash and grateful that she only had to
spend an evening with some fanboy, rather than someone who wanted to
slap her around or pee on her...

Still a body pillow works out at better value in the long term...

Psaiyan Prince Vegeta

24 Jul 2003, 21:08:4624/07/2003
On 24 Jul 2003 14:14:40 GMT, fwhite*NOSPAM*@colfax.com (Frank White)
wrote:

>Naw, THAT'S not hardcore! Hardcore is contacting the RealDoll
>people and having them make up a customized head (I'm SURE they've
>never gotten a request for blue hair and red eyes before; it will
>be a nice change for them), stick it on the appropriate style body,
>aqnd send it to you! THAT'S hardcore.
>
>And also probably a $10,000 bill...

http://www.realdoll.com/images/mai16.jpg

The hair is a pretty good approximation, but the face is too rounded,
the skin is way too dark and the eyes are too small. I can't tell if
they are red or not...

http://www.realdoll.com/faq.html#customize

says "There are certain colors and features we don't immediately
offer, and we can sometimes handle unusual color requests, but we
don't design and sculpt new molds for single orders."

If I were to ever win the lottery or somehow come into a large amount
of money, I would put them to the test on that. I would seriously be
prepared to pay whatever it took for them to produce me an exact
likeness of Rei Ayanami's head and face for my doll (including
correctly-sized eyes), with a custom albino skintone and a properly
proportioned, anatomically-correct body.

I am not an avaricious man. I pretty much already possess everything
that I need and I very rarely feel want for things, other than life's
essentials. I would therefore be in a financial position to allow
myself this one indulgence.

I swear that if this ever comes to pass, I will personally post
pictures of me having sex with 'my' Rei for all to see...

Chibi-Light

24 Jul 2003, 21:42:1424/07/2003
On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 02:08:46 +0100, Psaiyan Prince Vegeta
<ppve...@hotmail.communism> wrote:

>I swear that if this ever comes to pass, I will personally post
>pictures of me having sex with 'my' Rei for all to see...
>--
>Reverend David "PPV" Hawthorne -
>ICQ: 260681668

Mental Note: If PPV ever posts ANY... and I mean ANY images ANYWHERE
do not under any circumstances actually view it.

CL

Peter Boulter

25 Jul 2003, 01:34:0025/07/2003
(nos...@sdjldjsdsfkh.com) added:

<snip>
> ...But if you want to go hardcore, you can get

> an inflatable doll, and then dress it up with a Rei Ayanami halloween
> costume. Now you can play with Rei, do whatever you want with her, and
> she won't complain one bit.

There was somewhere offering 1:1 scale models of Rei, and a couple of
other characters, a while back. I can't remember who it was, but it might
have been JIGS.

== Peter ==
"Was it all a dream? No it really happened."
(Hitomi Kanzaki: Escaflowne)

Lord Merc

25 Jul 2003, 02:07:1125/07/2003
1:1 scale models?? these i must have, where can i purchase???????
"Peter Boulter" <starh...@nospam.cix.co.uk> wrote in message

Daniel Rudy

25 Jul 2003, 03:21:4825/07/2003
Somewhere around the time of 07/24/2003 18:08, the world stopped and
listened as Psaiyan Prince Vegeta spoke these words of wisdom...:

> I am not an avaricious man. I pretty much already possess everything
> that I need and I very rarely feel want for things, other than life's
> essentials. I would therefore be in a financial position to allow
> myself this one indulgence.

No harm in that.

> I swear that if this ever comes to pass, I will personally post
> pictures of me having sex with 'my' Rei for all to see...

You do know that you are on a roll, right? That one was a bad a goat.
I don't think that I'll be following any links that you post here for
awhile.

Ethan Hammond

25 Jul 2003, 04:58:0325/07/2003
"Psaiyan Prince Vegeta" <ppve...@hotmail.communism> wrote in message

> >I bet the pillow would be more responsive than the real
> >Rei anyway. ^_-
>
> But would it say "Hai." in that soft, quiet, very sexy voice? ^_^

If you have an MP3 player with a clip of her saying hai
it would be the same. *nods nods*

Martin Read

25 Jul 2003, 05:13:5825/07/2003
In article <33v0iv888julbq5tn...@4ax.com>,

Psaiyan Prince Vegeta <ppve...@hotmail.communism> wrote:
>I swear that if this ever comes to pass, I will personally post
>pictures of me having sex with 'my' Rei for all to see...

The population of UMAA will then be obliged to come round and remove
your brain through your scrotum :)

m.
--
\_\/_/| Martin Read - my opinions are my own. share them if you wish.
\ / | what is the one thing which encompasses undeniable truth,

Shiroi Hane

25 Jul 2003, 09:00:5325/07/2003
In article <memo.20030725...@starhunter.compulink.co.uk>,
starh...@nospam.cix.co.uk says...

> There was somewhere offering 1:1 scale models of Rei, and a couple of
> other characters, a while back. I can't remember who it was, but it might
> have been JIGS.

Papermoon used to make them.

John C. Watson

25 Jul 2003, 11:39:1525/07/2003
On 07/23/2003 18:11, in article h81uhvocpu6jekpgf...@4ax.com,

"Psaiyan Prince Vegeta" <ppve...@hotmail.communism> wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 15:05:55 +0100, "Richard Qunt"
> <r.c....@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know where I can buy a Rei Ayanami (or failing that, a Ritsuko

>> Akagi) bishoujo body pillow in the UK?
>>

>> I've seen the picture of it a while back (so I know they exist - she is in
>> her NERV uniform on one side, her bra and panties on the other). I can't
>> find the website now, though.
>>

>> I remember it not being very cheap, but money is not a problem here. Face
>> it - it's the only way I'll ever get Rei into my bed. :)

> I've seen Chii body pillows on the web, but never any featuring Rei (I
> have looked). IIRC they worked out at about $400, so I guess that an
> Ayanami version would be a roughly similar price.

From Natsumi Maya:

"23 April 2002

[...]

"For those who can't afford the Paper Moon life-size Chii doll, Kodansha
will be releasing a life-sized Chii cut-out. Preorders start 26 April 2002.
Otherwise, there's the life-sized Chii body pillow
<http://www.bookclub.kodansha.co.jp/Scripts/kshop/intro.idc?hinban=CK224> to
snuggle up to in bed. 3 kg in weight and only 12,600 yen ^_^ "

The link points to a page with a single line of Japanese--no images. Still,
that's a lot cheaper than $400. (The Shoujo-Ai Archive mentions that one
went for UKP400 (pounds sterling) at a con auction--that might be the origin
of the "400" figure.)

Here's a site with a thumbnail image of the Chii body pillow.

<http://www.happy-bivouac.com/chobits/items.html>

I've forgotten the Japanese term for "body pillow" (as opposed to "love
pillow", AKA "Dutch wife")--could someone remind me of it? I might have
better luck in searching if I had it.

--
Ciao,
John

John C. Watson
World Otakunization Project, Amherst Division

"Shuraku-tai--hasshin!"

AstroNerdBoy

25 Jul 2003, 22:25:1225/07/2003
"John C. Watson" <jwat...@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<BB46C762.18012%jwat...@comcast.net>...

Daki makura?

Mappy

26 Jul 2003, 01:57:4926/07/2003
On 25 Jul 2003 19:25:12 -0700, sp...@astronerdboy.com (AstroNerdBoy)
wrote:

<Snip>

>> Here's a site with a thumbnail image of the Chii body pillow.
>>
>> <http://www.happy-bivouac.com/chobits/items.html>
>>
>> I've forgotten the Japanese term for "body pillow" (as opposed to "love
>> pillow", AKA "Dutch wife")--could someone remind me of it? I might have
>> better luck in searching if I had it.
>Daki makura?

Spot on :-) "Makura" being pillow and "Dakitsu" being to embrace (I
think.) And they say chobits anime doesn't teach you anything :P

Mata,

Mappy

Of the Hello Kitty Clan (a subsidiary if Geki Dan Kage E Kashira)
http://www.shadows-gathering.co.uk

Peter Boulter

26 Jul 2003, 02:03:0026/07/2003
Lord Merc(soldier...@ntlworld.com) added:

> 1:1 scale models?? these i must have, where can i purchase???????

No idea, I lost the link a while back. But as I said I think they were on
JIGS site.
Some of them were really quite good. If you do find them I hope you can
afford a second mortgage, they weren't cheap as I recall.

Shiroi Hane

26 Jul 2003, 05:43:1426/07/2003
In article <BB46C762.18012%jwat...@comcast.net>, jwat...@comcast.net
says...

> "For those who can't afford the Paper Moon life-size Chii doll, Kodansha
> will be releasing a life-sized Chii cut-out. Preorders start 26 April 2002.
> Otherwise, there's the life-sized Chii body pillow
> <http://www.bookclub.kodansha.co.jp/Scripts/kshop/intro.idc?hinban=CK224> to
> snuggle up to in bed. 3 kg in weight and only 12,600 yen ^_^ "
>
> The link points to a page with a single line of Japanese--no images. Still,
> that's a lot cheaper than $400. (The Shoujo-Ai Archive mentions that one
> went for UKP400 (pounds sterling) at a con auction--that might be the origin
> of the "400" figure.)

Which apparently roughly translates into:
"I am sorry. It is not dealing with these goods now."

Psaiyan Prince Vegeta

26 Jul 2003, 08:52:2226/07/2003
On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 07:07:11 +0100, "Lord Merc"
<soldier...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>1:1 scale models?? these i must have, where can i purchase???????

https://secure.pmoon.co.jp/TOUSHINDAI/Chara/ayanami2/ayanami2.html

A cool 427,500 yen, after discount.

158cm? That means that I'm over a foot taller than Rei. ^_^

It's easy to forget how small and delicate she's actually supposed to
be...

--
Reverend David "PPV" Hawthorne -
ICQ: 260681668

I wish that I could turn back time,

John C. Watson

26 Jul 2003, 21:02:1926/07/2003
On 07/26/2003 1:57, in article 3f2217e...@news.ntlworld.com, "Mappy"
<martin.ho...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> On 25 Jul 2003 19:25:12 -0700, sp...@astronerdboy.com (AstroNerdBoy)
> wrote:
>
> <Snip>
>>> Here's a site with a thumbnail image of the Chii body pillow.
>>>
>>> <http://www.happy-bivouac.com/chobits/items.html>
>>>
>>> I've forgotten the Japanese term for "body pillow" (as opposed to "love
>>> pillow", AKA "Dutch wife")--could someone remind me of it? I might have
>>> better luck in searching if I had it.
>> Daki makura?
>
> Spot on :-) "Makura" being pillow and "Dakitsu" being to embrace (I
> think.) And they say chobits anime doesn't teach you anything :P

Speaking of _Chobits_, CDJapan has a Kotoko daki makura.

<http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=NEOKA-3481379>

Chris Mattern

26 Jul 2003, 22:52:5226/07/2003
"John C. Watson" <jwat...@comcast.net> wrote in message news:BB489CDB.18401%jwat...@comcast.net...

> Speaking of _Chobits_, CDJapan has a Kotoko daki makura.
>
> <http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=NEOKA-3481379>

And they do call it a dakimakura, but, being Kotoko, it's only about a foot
long.

Chris Mattern

Mappy

27 Jul 2003, 01:51:3027/07/2003
On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 13:52:22 +0100, Psaiyan Prince Vegeta
<ppve...@hotmail.communism> wrote:

>On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 07:07:11 +0100, "Lord Merc"
><soldier...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>>1:1 scale models?? these i must have, where can i purchase???????
>
>https://secure.pmoon.co.jp/TOUSHINDAI/Chara/ayanami2/ayanami2.html
>
>A cool 427,500 yen, after discount.

Don't forget postage unless you're planning on going over there
yourself to pick her up.

mata na,

AstroNerdBoy

27 Jul 2003, 04:51:0427/07/2003
"Chris Mattern" <matt...@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<xe6dna7W0a4...@comcast.com>...

Dang it! I think that Kotoko and Sumomo dakimakura should be sold as a pair!!! ;-P

Chibi-Light

27 Jul 2003, 05:16:1627/07/2003
On 27 Jul 2003 01:51:04 -0700, sp...@astronerdboy.com (AstroNerdBoy)
wrote:

>"Chris Mattern" <matt...@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<xe6dna7W0a4...@comcast.com>...

Okay, I have to say it, I can't keep quiet any longer. Isn't it
"SumoNo" not "SumoMo?" Or did the Pioneer subtitle track lie to me?

CL

Mappy

27 Jul 2003, 06:50:0727/07/2003
On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 05:57:49 GMT, martin.ho...@ntlworld.com
(Mappy) wrote:

>On 25 Jul 2003 19:25:12 -0700, sp...@astronerdboy.com (AstroNerdBoy)
>wrote:
>
><Snip>
>>> Here's a site with a thumbnail image of the Chii body pillow.
>>>
>>> <http://www.happy-bivouac.com/chobits/items.html>
>>>
>>> I've forgotten the Japanese term for "body pillow" (as opposed to "love
>>> pillow", AKA "Dutch wife")--could someone remind me of it? I might have
>>> better luck in searching if I had it.
>>Daki makura?
>
>Spot on :-) "Makura" being pillow and "Dakitsu" being to embrace (I
>think.)

My mistake, the verb to embrace is "Daku" so I was close.

Something that will make many happy is this site:

http://www.p80.co.jp/p/k/sarubobo.htm

Looks like a custom job and design for a chii dakimakura but the size
and cost is variable. I can't read most of it so any translators out
there, please correct me.

In fact, this place http://sasami.com/makura/link/ has links to what
seem to be custom made dakimakuras. I should warn you that some of
them are not quite modist.

Mata na

Psaiyan Prince Vegeta

27 Jul 2003, 07:52:4727/07/2003
On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 05:51:30 GMT, martin.ho...@ntlworld.com
(Mappy) wrote:

>On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 13:52:22 +0100, Psaiyan Prince Vegeta
><ppve...@hotmail.communism> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 07:07:11 +0100, "Lord Merc"
>><soldier...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>>
>>>1:1 scale models?? these i must have, where can i purchase???????
>>
>>https://secure.pmoon.co.jp/TOUSHINDAI/Chara/ayanami2/ayanami2.html
>>
>>A cool 427,500 yen, after discount.
>
>Don't forget postage unless you're planning on going over there
>yourself to pick her up.

Buy her a seat on the plane? ^_^

Chris Mattern

27 Jul 2003, 09:07:3427/07/2003
"Chibi-Light" <chibiw...@YUM-SPAM.yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3f23989...@news-server.houston.rr.com...

> Okay, I have to say it, I can't keep quiet any longer. Isn't it
> "SumoNo" not "SumoMo?" Or did the Pioneer subtitle track lie to me?

Dang, I'll have to go back and look at my Pioneer DVDs. *Yes*, it
should be Sumomo.

Chris Mattern

Psaiyan Prince Vegeta

27 Jul 2003, 12:42:4027/07/2003
On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 10:50:07 GMT, martin.ho...@ntlworld.com
(Mappy) wrote:

>In fact, this place http://sasami.com/makura/link/ has links to what
>seem to be custom made dakimakuras. I should warn you that some of
>them are not quite modist.

The Japanese can even make pillow-humping seem artistic...

Jose Rivera

27 Jul 2003, 20:19:1627/07/2003
Rudolf Polzer <denshimeiru...@durchnull.ath.cx> wrote in message news:<slrnbhtue9.1ta.dens...@message-id.durchnull.ath.cx>...
> Hm... what about... an Asuka body pillow? Would fit nice in front of my...
> Dart board!
I would love to have one of those! ^_^
> SCNR, hopefully not being the culprit of the next Rei vs. Asuka thread
Don't worry. I won't start it. I like them both.

Metal

Psaiyan Prince Vegeta

27 Jul 2003, 21:34:3927/07/2003
On 23 Jul 2003 21:10:33 GMT, Rudolf Polzer
<denshimeiru...@durchnull.ath.cx> wrote:

>Scripsit iste aut ista »Shez« <see...@nospam.demon.co.uk.invalid>:
>> Once upon a time in the faraway land of uk.media.animation.anime,

>> Richard Qunt <r.c....@hotmail.com> said:
>> >Does anyone know where I can buy a Rei Ayanami (or failing that, a Ritsuko
>> >Akagi) bishoujo body pillow in the UK?

>[...]
>> I'm sure Wednesday knows the answer to this question, though I'm not
>> sure why it was her rather than goat that had a link to such stuff.
>> I thought the body pillows looked rather sweet, but it's said that
>> actually being a Rei Ayanami body pillow may not be a particularly
>> pleasant experience.

>Hm... what about... an Asuka body pillow? Would fit nice in front of my...
>Dart board!

Might be a nice target for my crossbow - see if I could hit her in
both eyes... ^_^

AstroNerdBoy

27 Jul 2003, 21:36:1327/07/2003
"Chris Mattern" <matt...@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<NaednXDC1Os...@comcast.com>...

I *thought* I saw it as "Sumomo", but as Chris said, it should be
Sumomo. I guess I should thank Tokyopop for teaching me this since
they translated her name as "Plumb". >:-( Not that this has stopped
me from buying every volume in the series! :-P

Chris Mattern

27 Jul 2003, 21:53:2727/07/2003

"AstroNerdBoy" <sp...@astronerdboy.com> wrote in message news:7e562e8e.03072...@posting.google.com...

Just now watching my Pioneer DVDs, and it *is* Sumomo. If you actually
saw "Sumono", you must've seen a one-time typo.

Chris Mattern

Chibi-Light

27 Jul 2003, 22:38:5127/07/2003
On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 21:53:27 -0400, "Chris Mattern"
<matt...@comcast.net> wrote:

>Just now watching my Pioneer DVDs, and it *is* Sumomo. If you actually
>saw "Sumono", you must've seen a one-time typo.

Most likely. Doesn't help watching it at 4am either. ^_^

CL

Wayne C. Morris

27 Jul 2003, 23:56:2127/07/2003
In article <7e562e8e.03072...@posting.google.com>,
sp...@astronerdboy.com (AstroNerdBoy) wrote:

> I *thought* I saw it as "Sumomo", but as Chris said, it should be
> Sumomo. I guess I should thank Tokyopop for teaching me this since
> they translated her name as "Plumb". >:-( Not that this has stopped
> me from buying every volume in the series! :-P

They translated it as "Plum", not "Plumb".

Since "sumomo" is the Japanese word for "plum", and the laptop's name is
clearly a reference to both her size and colors, I think it was
reasonable for them to translate the name.

Peter Boulter

28 Jul 2003, 02:26:0028/07/2003
Chibi-Light(chibiw...@YUM-SPAM.yahoo.com) added:

> >Dang it! I think that Kotoko and Sumomo dakimakura should be sold as
> a pair!!! ;-P
>
> Okay, I have to say it, I can't keep quiet any longer. Isn't it
> "SumoNo" not "SumoMo?" Or did the Pioneer subtitle track lie to me?

No idea. But they call her "Plum" in the GN, which puzzles me, I mean why
translate her name into English and leave the others in their original
Japanese form?

Peter Boulter

28 Jul 2003, 02:26:0028/07/2003
Wayne C. Morris(wayne....@this.is.invalid) added:

> > I *thought* I saw it as "Sumomo", but as Chris said, it should be
> > Sumomo. I guess I should thank Tokyopop for teaching me this since
> > they translated her name as "Plumb". >:-( Not that this has stopped
> > me from buying every volume in the series! :-P
>
> They translated it as "Plum", not "Plumb".
>
> Since "sumomo" is the Japanese word for "plum", and the laptop's name
> is clearly a reference to both her size and colors, I think it was
> reasonable for them to translate the name.

Yes, I can see why they translated her name as 'Plum', but I still think
it looks out of place with all the other names being left as the original
Japanese ones.

Peter Boulter

28 Jul 2003, 02:26:0028/07/2003
AstroNerdBoy(sp...@astronerdboy.com) added:

> > > Okay, I have to say it, I can't keep quiet any longer. Isn't it
> > > "SumoNo" not "SumoMo?" Or did the Pioneer subtitle track lie to me?
> > >
> > Dang, I'll have to go back and look at my Pioneer DVDs. *Yes*, it
> > should be Sumomo.
> >
> > Chris Mattern
>

> I *thought* I saw it as "Sumomo", but as Chris said, it should be
> Sumomo. I guess I should thank Tokyopop for teaching me this since
> they translated her name as "Plumb". >:-( Not that this has stopped
> me from buying every volume in the series! :-P

I'm buying the GNs, but not the anime because I saw the first few episodes
and thought there was way too much fan service. Does the anime improve as
it goes on, or does the fan service continue?

Peter Boulter

28 Jul 2003, 02:26:0028/07/2003
Chibi-Light(chibiw...@YUM-SPAM.yahoo.com) added:

> >Just now watching my Pioneer DVDs, and it *is* Sumomo. If you actually
> >saw "Sumono", you must've seen a one-time typo.
>
> Most likely. Doesn't help watching it at 4am either. ^_^

You're watching anime at 4am????
That's either a case of serious anime fandom, or insomnia. ^_^

AstroNerdBoy

28 Jul 2003, 03:02:2228/07/2003
chibiw...@YUM-SPAM.yahoo.com (Chibi-Light) wrote in message news:<3f248ce...@news-server.houston.rr.com>...

Heh!heh! Of all the things you *could* have been watching at that
time, "Chobits" is a pretty good choice. :-D Actually, I'm working
through DVD 3 now, watching an episode every morning when I get home
from work before falling asleep.

Chibi-Light

28 Jul 2003, 03:16:2528/07/2003
On 28 Jul 2003 00:02:22 -0700, sp...@astronerdboy.com (AstroNerdBoy)
wrote:

>Heh!heh! Of all the things you *could* have been watching at that
>time, "Chobits" is a pretty good choice. :-D Actually, I'm working
>through DVD 3 now, watching an episode every morning when I get home
>from work before falling asleep.

I used to do that.... when I worked.... and had money.... oh money,
that's what I want, give me money, whole lotta money...

CL

Ethan Hammond

28 Jul 2003, 04:32:5428/07/2003
"Psaiyan Prince Vegeta" <ppve...@hotmail.communism> wrote in message

> >In fact, this place http://sasami.com/makura/link/ has links to what
> >seem to be custom made dakimakuras. I should warn you that some of
> >them are not quite modist.
>
> The Japanese can even make pillow-humping seem artistic...

Kind of strange isn't it.

--
All Purpose Cultural Randomness
http://www.angelfire.com/tx/apcr/index.html

AstroNerdBoy

28 Jul 2003, 05:43:0828/07/2003
"Wayne C. Morris" <wayne....@this.is.invalid> wrote in message news:<wayne.morris-F1D5...@shawnews.wp.shawcable.net>...

UGH! Thanks for the correction. *sigh* Bloody fingers... :-P

Anyway, "Wagon Maker" ( ;-P ), I understand why people feel the way
you do. However, proper names are just that -- proper names. All
names can be translated and no matter why someone is named they way
they are, I think proper names should be left alone. :-/ But that's
just me and my opinion. Like I said, I'll keep buying the manga and
complete the series, but to me, her name will always be Sumomo!
SUMOMO! *tries to shake fist, but punches self in the face instead*

Shiroi Hane

28 Jul 2003, 16:27:3428/07/2003
In article <memo.20030728...@starhunter.compulink.co.uk>,
starh...@nospam.cix.co.uk says...

> Wayne C. Morris(wayne....@this.is.invalid) added:
>
> > > I *thought* I saw it as "Sumomo", but as Chris said, it should be
> > > Sumomo. I guess I should thank Tokyopop for teaching me this since
> > > they translated her name as "Plumb". >:-( Not that this has stopped
> > > me from buying every volume in the series! :-P
> >
> > They translated it as "Plum", not "Plumb".
> >
> > Since "sumomo" is the Japanese word for "plum", and the laptop's name
> > is clearly a reference to both her size and colors, I think it was
> > reasonable for them to translate the name.
>
> Yes, I can see why they translated her name as 'Plum', but I still think
> it looks out of place with all the other names being left as the original
> Japanese ones.

Even the Kodansha Bilingual mangas translate her name as Plum (did they
ever get around to releasing anything above volume 2?), although I'm not
sure they should have since in chapter 53 her name is clearly written in
English on Minoru's screen as 'SU MO MO'

Shiroi Hane

28 Jul 2003, 16:27:3428/07/2003

> > I *thought* I saw it as "Sumomo", but as Chris said, it should be

> > Sumomo. I guess I should thank Tokyopop for teaching me this since
> > they translated her name as "Plumb". >:-( Not that this has stopped
> > me from buying every volume in the series! :-P
>
> I'm buying the GNs, but not the anime because I saw the first few episodes
> and thought there was way too much fan service. Does the anime improve as
> it goes on, or does the fan service continue?

I think the books are actually more ecchi than the series (CLAMP tend to
get away with more in the novels than they do in the series, e.g.
theralationship between Rika and her teacher in CCS). The fanservice
never seemed intrusive to me, although I've watched the whole of
Mahoromatic since so maybe that has clouded my perception:\

Mind, I think Tokyopop added even more Ecchi than intended when they
translated a couple of lines in particlar in Vol 5 (e.g. "gur bayl
crefba jub pna pbzr vafvqr zr vf gur 'fbzrbar whfr sbe zr'")

Peter Boulter

29 Jul 2003, 00:52:0029/07/2003
AstroNerdBoy(sp...@astronerdboy.com) added:

> > Since "sumomo" is the Japanese word for "plum", and the laptop's name
> > is clearly a reference to both her size and colors, I think it was >
> > > reasonable for them to translate the name.
>
> UGH! Thanks for the correction. *sigh* Bloody fingers... :-P
>
> Anyway, "Wagon Maker" ( ;-P ), I understand why people feel the way
> you do. However, proper names are just that -- proper names. All
> names can be translated and no matter why someone is named they way
> they are, I think proper names should be left alone. :-/

My point exactly. Proper names should be left alone and not translated.

> But that's just me and my opinion. Like I said, I'll keep buying the
> manga and complete the series, but to me, her name will always be
> Sumomo! SUMOMO!

Same here.

> *tries to shake fist, but punches self in the face instead*

Opps!

== Peter ==
"If he has a name, he's not like me...
...I don't have a name ... all I have is a lie."
(Kirika Yumura: Noir)

Sauka

4 Aug 2003, 13:43:2204/08/2003

> Just like in the series. :)

LMAO, that was a good one

Sauka- DARK Lilum

AstroNerdBoy

9 Aug 2003, 20:19:1909/08/2003
"Richard Qunt" <r.c....@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<bfm4oc$6fd$1...@news6.svr.pol.co.uk>...

> Does anyone know where I can buy a Rei Ayanami (or failing that, a Ritsuko
> Akagi) bishoujo body pillow in the UK?
>
> I've seen the picture of it a while back (so I know they exist - she is in
> her NERV uniform on one side, her bra and panties on the other). I can't
> find the website now, though.
>
> I remember it not being very cheap, but money is not a problem here. Face
> it - it's the only way I'll ever get Rei into my bed. :)

What I want to know is has anyone bought an anime body pillow? Come on, confess!

(Suspects Ethan owns several Nuku Nuku pillows!)

Frank White

9 Aug 2003, 23:06:5009/08/2003
In article <7e562e8e.03080...@posting.google.com>,
sp...@astronerdboy.com says...

Actually, he has several Nuku-Nuku's...

FW

Ethan Hammond

10 Aug 2003, 05:40:3910/08/2003
"AstroNerdBoy" <sp...@astronerdboy.com> wrote in message

> > I remember it not being very cheap, but money is not a problem here.
Face
> > it - it's the only way I'll ever get Rei into my bed. :)
>
> What I want to know is has anyone bought an anime body pillow? Come on,
confess!

> (Suspects Ethan owns several Nuku Nuku pillows!)

Nah just a wallscroll hanging behind my bed. ^_-

Ethan Hammond

10 Aug 2003, 05:40:5810/08/2003
"Frank White" <fwhite*NOSPAM*@colfax.com> wrote in message

> >(Suspects Ethan owns several Nuku Nuku pillows!)
>
> Actually, he has several Nuku-Nuku's...

YAY!!!!

Mappy

11 Aug 2003, 14:00:5111/08/2003
On 9 Aug 2003 17:19:19 -0700, sp...@astronerdboy.com (AstroNerdBoy)
wrote:

<Raises hand but this is old news>

And at 70 quid it was a bargain compared to the same 400 quid chii
pillow at AYA. And it's very comfortable but now that it's been
mentioned, I was a Nuku-nuku pillow as well!

Mata nyo,

Of the Hello Kitty Clan (a subsidiary if Geki Dan Kage E Kashira)
http://www.shadows-gathering.co.uk

Justin Palmer

11 Aug 2003, 16:16:0811/08/2003
In article <3f37d7f8...@news.ntlworld.com>, Mappy <martin.hopleyNO
SP...@ntlworld.com> writes

>On 9 Aug 2003 17:19:19 -0700, sp...@astronerdboy.com (AstroNerdBoy)
>wrote:
>
>>"Richard Qunt" <r.c....@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<bfm4oc$6fd$1@news6
>.svr.pol.co.uk>...

(snip)

> And it's very comfortable but now that it's been
>mentioned, I was a Nuku-nuku pillow as well!

Thats taking cos-play to a new level of specific-ness, isn't it?

"And for this years con, I'm going as an Evangelion jigsaw
puzzle!"

--
"I'm just a cannon-fodder mecha."|jus...@briareos.demon.co.uk|
- SD GM in SD Gundam | Boppin' |

Psaiyan Prince Vegeta

11 Aug 2003, 17:36:3311/08/2003
On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 18:00:51 GMT, martin.ho...@ntlworld.com
(Mappy) wrote:

>And at 70 quid it was a bargain compared to the same 400 quid chii
>pillow at AYA. And it's very comfortable but now that it's been
>mentioned, I was a Nuku-nuku pillow as well!

How easy was it to wipe clean?

--
Reverend David "PPV" Hawthorne -

ICQ: 339380091

I rode a tank
Held a general's rank
When the blitzkrieg raged
And the bodies stank...

Peter Boulter

11 Aug 2003, 18:12:0011/08/2003
Justin Palmer(jus...@briareos.demon.co.uk) added:

> > And it's very comfortable but now that it's been
> > mentioned, I was a Nuku-nuku pillow as well!
> >
> Thats taking cos-play to a new level of specific-ness, isn't it?
>
> "And for this years con, I'm going as an Evangelion jigsaw
> puzzle!"

Now that was so much better a comment than the one I resisted making. ^_^

Dano

11 Aug 2003, 21:45:5911/08/2003

> On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 18:00:51 GMT, martin.ho...@ntlworld.com
> (Mappy) wrote:
>
> >And at 70 quid it was a bargain compared to the same 400 quid chii
> >pillow at AYA. And it's very comfortable but now that it's been
> >mentioned, I was a Nuku-nuku pillow as well!
>
> How easy was it to wipe clean?

you should stop assuming everyone's like you.

-Dano

Ethan Hammond

12 Aug 2003, 05:27:4612/08/2003
"Mappy" <martin.ho...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

> <Raises hand but this is old news>
>
> And at 70 quid it was a bargain compared to the same 400 quid chii
> pillow at AYA. And it's very comfortable but now that it's been
> mentioned, I was a Nuku-nuku pillow as well!

*feeds Mappy to Unicron*

Ethan Hammond

12 Aug 2003, 05:28:1212/08/2003
"Dano" <danosenpaiN...@ntlworld.comISAIDNOSPAM> wrote in message

> > How easy was it to wipe clean?
>
> you should stop assuming everyone's like you.

ROTFLMAO ZING!!!!

Chika

12 Aug 2003, 12:16:2512/08/2003
In article <memo.20030811...@dragon.cix.co.uk>, Peter Boulter

> > > And it's very comfortable but now that it's been mentioned, I was a
> > > Nuku-nuku pillow as well!
> > >
> > Thats taking cos-play to a new level of specific-ness, isn't
> > it?
> >
> > "And for this years con, I'm going as an Evangelion jigsaw
> > puzzle!"

> Now that was so much better a comment than the one I resisted making. ^_^

Better or just cleaner? ^_^

--
//\ // Chika <miyuki at crashnet.org.uk>
// \// MMW Crashnet <crashnet.org.uk>

... I tell them there's no problems...Only Solutions...

Psaiyan Prince Vegeta

12 Aug 2003, 13:04:4612/08/2003

Why would I want to do something stupid like that?

If I was to spend £70 of my hard-earned cash on a bishoujo body
pillow, then I would INSIST - nay, DEMAND that it was fully
humpable...

Dano

12 Aug 2003, 21:29:0512/08/2003

> On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 02:45:59 +0100, "Dano"
> <danosenpaiN...@ntlworld.comISAIDNOSPAM> wrote:
>

> >"Psaiyan Prince Vegeta" <ppve...@hotmail.communism> wrote in message

> >> How easy was it to wipe clean?
> >
> >you should stop assuming everyone's like you.
>
> Why would I want to do something stupid like that?
>
> If I was to spend £70 of my hard-earned cash on a bishoujo body
> pillow, then I would INSIST - nay, DEMAND that it was fully
> humpable...

Yes, but this is the thing, see?
You're a raging cock-end. Mappy isn't.

It's not too hard to work out, surely?

-Dano

Psaiyan Prince Vegeta

12 Aug 2003, 21:58:1712/08/2003
On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 02:29:05 +0100, "Dano"
<danosenpaiN...@ntlworld.comISAIDNOSPAM> wrote:

>Yes, but this is the thing, see?
>You're a raging cock-end. Mappy isn't.
>
>It's not too hard to work out, surely?

You speak as though this is a BAD thing?

Peter Boulter

13 Aug 2003, 01:29:0013/08/2003
Chika(miy...@spam.no.way) added:

> > > "And for this years con, I'm going as an Evangelion jigsaw
> > > puzzle!"
>
> > Now that was so much better a comment than the one I resisted making.
> > ^_^
>
> Better or just cleaner? ^_^

Better!

Mappy

14 Aug 2003, 05:10:4614/08/2003
On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 02:29:05 +0100, "Dano"
<danosenpaiN...@ntlworld.comISAIDNOSPAM> wrote:

>"Psaiyan Prince Vegeta" <ppve...@hotmail.communism> wrote in message

Oh the joys of a typo and not being arsed to check the mails you
send!...

Funny you should say this. After the hot nights over the past 2 months
and basically not being able to wash the damn thing for 6 months due
to it's size and simply not being able to take the cover off (as there
is no cover) I was posed with a problem. So I got my mum to undo the
stitching, take the capoc out, wash the lining, put the capoc back in
and stitch it back up. I would not DARE let my mother do that had
anything suspicious soiled the pillow!

>> >you should stop assuming everyone's like you.
>> Why would I want to do something stupid like that?
>> If I was to spend £70 of my hard-earned cash on a bishoujo body
>> pillow, then I would INSIST - nay, DEMAND that it was fully
>> humpable...

Try someone at http://www.sasami.com/makura/news2001.htm They will
have what you're looking for!

>Yes, but this is the thing, see?
>You're a raging cock-end. Mappy isn't.

Thank you for this Dano, it's nice to think that someone thinks so!
Though I'm sure it won't stick (no pun intended) for long. -_-

Mata ne,

Mappy

14 Aug 2003, 05:13:1714/08/2003
On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 21:16:08 +0100, Justin Palmer
<jus...@briareos.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>(snip)
>> And it's very comfortable but now that it's been
>>mentioned, I was a Nuku-nuku pillow as well!
> Thats taking cos-play to a new level of specific-ness, isn't it?

I've really got to check the spelling on my mails!

BTW I've got my Japanese lodger onto the case now so he's trying to
find legit shops that are selling legit items. So hentai is not likely
to be on his list I'm afraid. I'll mention if he finds any giant robot
pillows for you Justin :-)

Mata ne,

Justin Palmer

14 Aug 2003, 05:26:1314/08/2003
In article <3f3b5238...@news.ntlworld.com>, Mappy <martin.hopleyNOS
P...@ntlworld.com> writes

>On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 21:16:08 +0100, Justin Palmer
><jus...@briareos.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>(snip)
>>> And it's very comfortable but now that it's been
>>>mentioned, I was a Nuku-nuku pillow as well!
>> Thats taking cos-play to a new level of specific-ness, isn't it?
>
>I've really got to check the spelling on my mails!

Aw, I was looking forward to your Chii table lamp sketch, too...
^_^

>BTW I've got my Japanese lodger onto the case now so he's trying to
>find legit shops that are selling legit items. So hentai is not likely
>to be on his list I'm afraid. I'll mention if he finds any giant robot
>pillows for you Justin :-)

Cool but very, very hard to sleep on... ^_^

Psaiyan Prince Vegeta

14 Aug 2003, 18:20:1614/08/2003
On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 09:10:46 GMT, martin.ho...@ntlworld.com
(Mappy) wrote:

>Funny you should say this. After the hot nights over the past 2 months
>and basically not being able to wash the damn thing for 6 months due
>to it's size and simply not being able to take the cover off (as there
>is no cover) I was posed with a problem. So I got my mum to undo the
>stitching, take the capoc out, wash the lining, put the capoc back in
>and stitch it back up. I would not DARE let my mother do that had
>anything suspicious soiled the pillow!

Well, it wasn't a *Rei Ayanami* body pillow, so I guess that's
understandable... ^_^

>Try someone at http://www.sasami.com/makura/news2001.htm They will
>have what you're looking for!

Most definitely an incentive to learn Japanese.

Peter Boulter

14 Aug 2003, 23:53:0014/08/2003
Mappy(martin.ho...@ntlworld.com) added:

> >(snip)
> >> And it's very comfortable but now that it's been
> >>mentioned, I was a Nuku-nuku pillow as well!
> > Thats taking cos-play to a new level of specific-ness, isn't
> > it?
>
> I've really got to check the spelling on my mails!

Surely it wasn't the spelling that was the problem. ^_^

Mappy

15 Aug 2003, 06:27:0415/08/2003
On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 23:20:16 +0100, Psaiyan Prince Vegeta
<ppve...@hotmail.communism> wrote:

>>Funny you should say this. After the hot nights over the past 2 months
>>and basically not being able to wash the damn thing for 6 months due
>>to it's size and simply not being able to take the cover off (as there
>>is no cover) I was posed with a problem. So I got my mum to undo the
>>stitching, take the capoc out, wash the lining, put the capoc back in
>>and stitch it back up. I would not DARE let my mother do that had
>>anything suspicious soiled the pillow!
>Well, it wasn't a *Rei Ayanami* body pillow, so I guess that's
>understandable... ^_^

Well, they already think it's disgusting but their definition of
disgusting can be a builder showing his arse or a woman showing a bit
of cleavage!

>>Try someone at http://www.sasami.com/makura/news2001.htm They will
>>have what you're looking for!
>Most definitely an incentive to learn Japanese.

I'd be wherey (sp?) of ordering from places that aren't official
shops, especially if you're not in that country.

Mata na,

Heavyarms

15 Aug 2003, 11:52:4915/08/2003

> On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 23:20:16 +0100, Psaiyan Prince Vegeta
> <ppve...@hotmail.communism> wrote:
>
> >>Funny you should say this. After the hot nights over the past 2 months
> >>and basically not being able to wash the damn thing for 6 months due
> >>to it's size and simply not being able to take the cover off (as there
> >>is no cover) I was posed with a problem. So I got my mum to undo the
> >>stitching, take the capoc out, wash the lining, put the capoc back in
> >>and stitch it back up. I would not DARE let my mother do that had
> >>anything suspicious soiled the pillow!
> >Well, it wasn't a *Rei Ayanami* body pillow, so I guess that's
> >understandable... ^_^
>
> Well, they already think it's disgusting but their definition of
> disgusting can be a builder showing his arse or a woman showing a bit
> of cleavage!
>
> >>Try someone at http://www.sasami.com/makura/news2001.htm They will
> >>have what you're looking for!
> >Most definitely an incentive to learn Japanese.
>
> I'd be wherey (sp?)

Wary, FYI

Amani

15 Aug 2003, 23:45:0715/08/2003
"Dano" <danosenpaiN...@ntlworld.comISAIDNOSPAM> wrote in message

That gave me the best laugh of the day. ^___________^

--Taryn

Mappy

16 Aug 2003, 08:49:3816/08/2003
On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 15:05:55 +0100, "Richard Qunt"
<r.c....@hotmail.com> wrote:

It's not Rei but http://store.yahoo.co.jp/neowing/kodan-34774360.html
at least I know they're still selling them. Would anyone be interested
in this?

Mata nyo,

Xelloss

18 Aug 2003, 02:35:2118/08/2003

> On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 15:05:55 +0100, "Richard Qunt"
> <r.c....@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> It's not Rei but http://store.yahoo.co.jp/neowing/kodan-34774360.html
> at least I know they're still selling them. Would anyone be interested
> in this?

No Mutsumi? Feh.

--
Remove NOSPAM to e-mail me.

John C. Watson

18 Aug 2003, 12:56:1318/08/2003
On 08/18/2003 2:35, in article Js_%a.958$FL....@newssvr24.news.prodigy.com,
"Xelloss" <xell...@NOSPAMsbcglobal.net> wrote:

Galen's put up a couple more scans from the latest _Megami_, and this one of
_Mahoromatic_ shows a couple more mini-hug pillows (844kB):

<http://pages.xtn.net/~musbachgj/MegamiSeptPages27.JPG>

--
Ciao,
John

John C. Watson
World Otakunization Project, Amherst Division

"Shuraku-tai--hasshin!"

Stuart Dawson

23 Aug 2003, 09:47:1723/08/2003
(Mappy) wrote:

>>What I want to know is has anyone bought an anime body pillow? Come on, confess!
>
><Raises hand but this is old news>
>And at 70 quid it was a bargain compared to the same 400 quid chii
>pillow at AYA.

400quid paid by Mr Colin Beumont. May his name pass into legend....

--
Stuart Dawson - 353 art books now reviewed
http://www.jingoro.demon.co.uk/frame.htm

Rogue Noir

24 Aug 2003, 19:45:2024/08/2003
Better yet, just think dirty thoughts about her when you go to bed; you'll
be with Rei in your dreams.. =)

<nos...@sdjldjsdsfkh.com> wrote in message
> In rec.arts.anime.misc Psaiyan Prince Vegeta <ppve...@hotmail.communism>
wrote:
> > I've seen Chii body pillows on the web, but never any featuring Rei (I
> > have looked). IIRC they worked out at about $400, so I guess that an
> > Ayanami version would be a roughly similar price.
> >
> > Whether you would want to spend $400 on what basically amounts to a
> > masturbation aid is an entirely different matter.
>
> How about this, get you favorite Rei Ayanami poster, and post it on your
> ceiling above your bed. Then get a nice and warm body pillow. Everynight,
> when you go to bed, look at the poster and imagine the body pillow is
> Rei. In the morning, you will awake to Rei's beauty. What a nice way to
> start your day, and save $400. But if you want to go hardcore, you can get
> an inflatable doll, and then dress it up with a Rei Ayanami halloween
> costume. Now you can play with Rei, do whatever you want with her, and
> she won't complain one bit.
>
> FG

Cookie Monster

24 Aug 2003, 19:52:3424/08/2003
In article <k6c2b.5250$W47....@newssvr29.news.prodigy.com>, Rogue Noir

<Ro...@Noir.com> wrote:
> Better yet, just think dirty thoughts about her when you go to bed;
> you'll be with Rei in your dreams.. =)

You and goat definitely should get together... ^^;

--
//\ // Chika <miyuki at crashnet.org.uk>
// \// MMW Crashnet <crashnet.org.uk>

... Journeys begin with a single step, and a decision to take it.

Psaiyan Prince Vegeta

24 Aug 2003, 19:56:1224/08/2003
On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 23:45:20 GMT, "Rogue Noir" <Ro...@Noir.com> wrote:

>Better yet, just think dirty thoughts about her when you go to bed; you'll
>be with Rei in your dreams.. =)

What, and wake up with the sheets positively glued to you just as you
get to the best bit?

Ethan Hammond

25 Aug 2003, 01:56:3725/08/2003
"Psaiyan Prince Vegeta" <ppve...@hotmail.communism> wrote in message

> >Better yet, just think dirty thoughts about her when you go to bed;
you'll
> >be with Rei in your dreams.. =)
>
> What, and wake up with the sheets positively glued to you just as you
> get to the best bit?

Speaking from experience are we? My dreams have continuity.
*nods nods*

Justin Palmer

25 Aug 2003, 04:56:1825/08/2003
In article <4c273c9178c...@no.spam.here>, Cookie Monster
<cookie...@no.spam.here> writes

>In article <k6c2b.5250$W47....@newssvr29.news.prodigy.com>, Rogue Noir
><Ro...@Noir.com> wrote:
>> Better yet, just think dirty thoughts about her when you go to bed;
>> you'll be with Rei in your dreams.. =)
>
>You and goat definitely should get together... ^^;

Am I the only one who actually finds the thought of Rei being in
my dreams terrifying?

"Where am I? And who are you, Miss? And, uh, is this your arm?!"

Rogue Noir

25 Aug 2003, 06:06:5225/08/2003
Me thinks you should consult alt.dreams.lucid for further tips.. =)

"Psaiyan Prince Vegeta" <ppve...@hotmail.communism> wrote in message

Chika

25 Aug 2003, 06:59:1225/08/2003
In article <EkRWtBAy8cS$Ew...@briareos.demon.co.uk>,

Justin Palmer <jus...@briareos.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <4c273c9178c...@no.spam.here>, Cookie Monster
> <cookie...@no.spam.here> writes
> >In article <k6c2b.5250$W47....@newssvr29.news.prodigy.com>, Rogue Noir
> ><Ro...@Noir.com> wrote:
> >> Better yet, just think dirty thoughts about her when you go to bed;
> >> you'll be with Rei in your dreams.. =)
> >
> >You and goat definitely should get together... ^^;
> >
> Am I the only one who actually finds the thought of Rei being in
> my dreams terrifying?

> "Where am I? And who are you, Miss? And, uh, is this your arm?!"
> ^_^

"You left it on my lawn..."

--
//\ // Chika <miyuki at crashnet.org.uk>
// \// MMW Crashnet <crashnet.org.uk>

... President/VicePresident is undefined. Cannot divide by zero.

It's loading more messages.