'Do you make a good journalist?' Multiple choice aptitude test - (Humor) - {HRI 20070212}

1 view

Koos Nolst Trenite

Feb 13, 2007, 3:51:34 AM2/13/07
'Do you make a good journalist?' - Multiple-choice aptitude test

{HRI 20070212}

(Humor, with the
futile intention
of penetrating
the elephant's
skin wrapped
around the soul
of journalists*)

'

You like quizzes and cross-word puzzles, isn't it

- and you would gladly assume, that solving these, does increase
your ability to think

even though you have no idea at all, how thinking works.

'

'

The multiple-choice questions:

'

1. A sociopath is...

a. a garden path leading up to a home for old age people.
(yes = 10 points)
b. the annual meeting of a group of social workers.
(yes = 20 points)
c.(I know I have no need of the term, but if asked, I would probably
say, it is) someone in a mental institution, not including its
medical staff - (indeed = 30 points)

'

'

2. Lunch time is...

a. between noon and one hour after noon.
(yes = 10 points)
b. when your boss harasses you to get work done.
(yes = 20 points)
c. for people who work - (indeed = 30 points)

'

'

3. What is true...

a. can not be known.
(yes = 10 points)
b. must not be made known.
(yes = 20 points)
c. is harmful to world peace and to productivity (and to my job), if
made known - (indeed = 30 points)

'

'

4. The higher the social position is, of a person reported about...

a. the more likely he or she will tell the truth.
(yes = 10 points)
b. the more he or she should be believed.
(yes = 20 points)
c. the more one should report, whatever he or she says, as being true
- (indeed = 30 points)

'

'

5. Impartiality is...

a. not having any own viewpoint.
(yes = 10 points)
b. not wanting to have my own viewpoint.
(yes = 20 points)
c. preventing my own viewpoint from being seen or understood, when
people see my reporting or writing - (indeed = 30 points)

'

'

6. My own IQ is...

a. high.
(yes = 10 points)
b. higher than that of others; in particular higher, than that of the
persons I talk to or write about.
(yes = 20 points)
c. very high, but that fact is kept well hidden by me from others:
I have to keep myself stupid, in order to be able to do my work
properly - (indeed = 30 points)

'

'

'

Scoring now:

60 points = dismal failure as a journalist, but might be a great
success as a novelist (writing fiction).

120 points = mediocre as a journalist, but will not be fired.

180 points = definitely a journalist or potentially a very successful
journalist who will be hired by any newspaper or by any
news agency anywhere in the world.

(see References, below)

'

Koos Nolst Trenite 'Cause Trinity'