(rev 2.0) 'Heaven' and 'The Last Supper,' Charlemagne and Leonardo da Vinci - {HRI 20080406-V3.0-q1-V2.0}

Koos Nolst Trenite

Apr 23, 2008, 1:48:53 PM4/23/08
'Heaven' and 'The Last Supper,' Charlemagne and Leonardo da Vinci

{HRI 20080406-V3.0-q1-V2.0}

(Version 2.0 of quote one,
on 23 Apr 2008)

(quote one is from
HRI 20080406
Version 3.0
of 14 Apr 2008)

(suitable for foreign
language students)

'

Charlemagne, the 'father of Europe,' a Philosopher King and
a Christian

- who reportedly had the same physical strength as
Leonardo da Vinci showed, later -

philosophized frequently with a man he employed, a religious,
and as it appeared later, quite conceited, "infallible" 'man of
learning,'

who came from a (then) most famous College, the St Peter's
School of independent teaching (comparable, at that time,
to a University) of the English town of York;

and Charlemagne employed this highly educated man, Alcuin,
to set up and to manage Charlemagne's own University,

in the town of Tours, a beautiful town called
'The Garden of France,' at the warm Loire river,
in central France,

to educate in particular those officials who were managing
the affairs of the various European peoples under the care
of Charlemagne,

officials you know as the Paladins, and other
officials to govern the peoples of Europe,

and at some time, Charlemagne asked the head of his University,
Alcuin or Alcuinus by name, these two questions:

'

'

"We can not be sufficiently astounded about the fact, that,
at the Last Supper with his Twelve Disciples, while Jesus
must have had a most interesting sermon to deliver to them
at their last gathering, (yet) nothing of such a matter
has been mentioned by these Disciples,"

a question, that might indeed have been 'posed'
later - if not answered - with intriguing Beauty,

in Leonardo da Vinci's

- in the second most famous painting,
on Earth -

'The Last Supper.'

'

'

"It is surprising to me," was the form also used in the
next question by The Philosopher King, by Charlemagne,

"that we Christians deviate so often from Christian
virtues, even though - if we would observe these -
we are promised the bliss of being in Heaven, as a
reward."

"The philosophers not of Christian faith, however, have
always pursued those virtues for the sake of keeping their
own dignity, and to obtain the glory and fruits of leading
a decent life." (*)

'

Koos Nolst Trenite 'Cause Trinity'
human rights philosopher and poet

'Men of all nations came
to listen to Solomon's wisdom,
sent by all the kings of the world,
who had heard of his wisdom.'

1 Kings 4:34

________
Footnote:

(*) The quote corresponds to Texnote (a), of

'Defining God correctly - 'Heaven' and 'The Last Supper,'
Charlemagne and Leonardo da Vinci - Europe'
{HRI 20080406-V3.1}
(6 April 2008 - Version 3.1 on 15 Apr 2008)
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.physics/msg/64bc923f3cc0b091
{HRI 20080406-V3.0-t} (Version 3.0 and tabbed spacing)
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.military/msg/dca4f7f9005e4b6f
'

_________
Reference:

'What is Monotheism, Unconfusing Christianity, Islam and Judaism'
{HRI 20070914-V2.2.1}
(14 Sept 2007 - Version 2.2.1 on 7 Oct 2007)
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.talk.creationism/msg/c006fc9baf97d834
{HRI 20070914-V2.2}
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.bible/msg/c51e6097f28e9a1d
'

____
Book:

Rudolph Wahl, 1978, Bruckmann, Munich:
'Karl der Grosse' [Charlemagne]
(using sources of that time, e.g. Monumenta Germaniae historica)
'

____________
Verification:

http://www.angelfire.com/space/platoworld

Copyright 2008 by Koos Nolst Trenite - human rights philosopher
and poet
This is 'learnware' - it may not be altered, and it is free for
anyone who learns from it and (even if he can not learn from it)
who passes it on unaltered, and with this message included,
to others who might be able to learn from it.
None of my writings may be used, ever, to support any political
or religious or scientific 'agenda,' but only to educate, and to
encourage people to judge un-dominated and for themselves,
about any organizations or individuals.
Send free-of-Envy and free-of-Hate, Beautiful e-mails to:
PlatoWorld at Lycos.com