how do I start court proceedings

si...@lancashirecaravans.co.uk

Feb 8, 2007, 12:25:48 PM2/8/07
We had some bad news today, the solicitors acting on our behalf, wrote
to us saying they could not find a link between Susan trying to kill
herself (several times) and the use of Seroxat, and that they will no
longer handle our case, they have been dealing with this for the past
7 years or so.... and after this time, that is their conclusion....
useless, all they see is text book stuff, they cannot see outside of
the box the way I can.

Now, we have less than 8 weeks to beat the 10 year time limit to get
this to court, I want to know how I can at least start court
proceedings against Glaxo without the aid of solicitors, can someone
advise us on how to start the proceedings in court.

Simon

Paul Nutteing (valid email address in post script )

Feb 8, 2007, 12:39:24 PM2/8/07
<si...@lancashirecaravans.co.uk> wrote in message

Did you see this ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/panorama/6317137.stm

Secrets of the drugs trials: Transcript
NB: THIS TRANSCRIPT WAS TYPED FROM A TRANSCRIPTION UNIT RECORDING AND NOT
COPIED FROM AN ORIGINAL SCRIPT: BECAUSE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF MIS-HEARING
AND THE DIFFICULTY, IN SOME CASES OF IDENTIFYING INDIVIDUAL SPEAKERS, THE
BBC CANNOT VOUCH FOR ITS ACCURACY.

PANORAMA
SECRETS OF THE DRUG TRIALS
RECORDED FROM TRANSMISSION: BBC ONE
DATE: 29:01:07

JEREMY VINE: Hello, I'm Jeremy Vine and this is Panorama. The secret emails
you weren't supposed to see. The paper trail that reveals how results of
drug trials were glossed over to cover up a link with suicide in teenagers.
Now GlaxoSmithKline faces trial for fraud.

When you take your child to the doctor you assume the medicine they are
prescribed is safe and will help them get better. If your teenager is
depressed, you certainly don't expect the drug they're given to make them
want to kill themselves. But we've uncovered the story of how one company
tried to hide the fact that it's medicine did exactly that. Just watch this.

Reporter: SHELLEY JOFRE
Malibu, California. It's not where you'd expect to unravel one of the
biggest medical scandals of recent times, but that's exactly what this team
of lawyers has managed to do. What they've found affects all of us here in
the UK, anyone in fact who takes prescription medicine.

KAREN BARTH MENZIES
Lawyer, Baum Hedlund
It is all about the profits. Even when they have negative studies that show
that this drug is going to harm kids they still spin that study as:
"remarkably effective and safe for children."

JOFRE: This apartment is crammed full of boxes containing a story that
Britain's richest drug company has fought hard to suppress. There's an
embarrassment of secrets here that GlaxoSmithKline really doesn't want you
to see, and you're about to discover why.

So it's all stuff from the confidential GlaxoSmithKline archives?

BARTH MENZIES: Yeah, the internal documents, the emails back and forth, the
decisions that they make from the bottom to the top.

ps
What they aren't telling you about DNA profiles
and what Special Branch don't want you to know.
http://www.oldbury.chat.ru/dnapr.htm
or nutteingd in a search engine.

si...@lancashirecaravans.co.uk

Feb 8, 2007, 1:11:47 PM2/8/07
On 8 Feb, 17:39, "Paul Nutteing (valid email address in post script )"
<nutte...@quickfindit.com> wrote:
> <s...@lancashirecaravans.co.uk> wrote in message
> and what Special Branch don't want you to know.http://www.oldbury.chat.ru/dnapr.htm

> or nutteingd in a search engine.

Yes,

I did see this, Susan was prescribed Seroxat at the time Glaxo omitted
the real side effects from the drug information leaflet, how can there
not be a link??, Susan over many years had problems with Seroxat that
led her to attempt suicide on a number of occasions, this led to
addmitance to hospital, but what is annoying me is that the solicitors
have said, because your doctor did not make a note in your medical
records, you don't really have a case....... are they joking??

I want to take this to court and I need to start this within 8 weeks,
how do I do it?

Simon

MrCheerful

Feb 8, 2007, 1:21:00 PM2/8/07

<si...@lancashirecaravans.co.uk> wrote in message

Seroxat (paroxetine) J N Jureidini et al 'Efficacy and Safety of
Anti-depressants for children and adolescents' british medical journal vol
330 2005 p.9

"out of 93 children given seroxat 11 had serious adverse drug reactions,
seven were hospitalised, the drug was only an insignificant bit better than
a placebo."

A study by science magazine showed 6.5 per cent of children showed emotional
liability (including suicide.

Another two unpublished studies showed more actual suicides than a placebo.

New york state attorney sued gsk for persistent fraud and gsk paid 2.5
million dollars to settle.

welsh coroner calls for drug enquiry report on the bbc wales 11 march 2003
after suicide.

s. boseley guardian 13 may 2006 report on suicide caused by seroxat

any help?

Mrcheerful

si...@lancashirecaravans.co.uk

Feb 8, 2007, 1:25:25 PM2/8/07
On 8 Feb, 18:21, "MrCheerful" <nbk...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> <s...@lancashirecaravans.co.uk> wrote in message

Thanks,

I know all the sneaky things about Glaxo, I have all my evidence, I
simply want to know how I can start court proceedings without using a
solicitor.

Simon

Adam

Feb 8, 2007, 1:36:55 PM2/8/07

> I did see this, Susan was prescribed Seroxat at the time Glaxo omitted
> the real side effects from the drug information leaflet, how can there
> not be a link??

Well, quite easily really. Seroxat is generally prescribed for people who
are depressed, and depressed people often attempt suicide without treatment.
You'd have to convince the court that Seroxat was directly responsible and
that Susan wouldn't have attempted suicide without it. I imagine that would
be pretty tough to prove. I'm aware that GSK failed to publish some
important data, but it's quite a leap from that to proving that Seroxat was
responsible in this case.

> Susan over many years had problems with Seroxat that
> led her to attempt suicide on a number of occasions, this led to
> addmitance to hospital, but what is annoying me is that the solicitors
> have said, because your doctor did not make a note in your medical
> records, you don't really have a case....... are they joking??

No, solicitors don't joke. They are trying to give you good advice. It may
sound harsh, but they are probably right that you don't have a case.

> I want to take this to court and I need to start this within 8 weeks,
> how do I do it?

Think very carefully before you do. I know it must be hugely frustrating,
but if your solicitor thinks the wisest course of action is to let this go,
then you'll probably save yourself a lot of aggro by following that advice.

Adam

The Todal

Feb 8, 2007, 1:44:34 PM2/8/07

<si...@lancashirecaravans.co.uk> wrote in message

Starting the proceedings is easy. Go to
http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n1_0102.pdf

Fill in the form carefully. Where it says "Particulars of Claim" either type
out all the facts in that box or put "See attached" and type it on an
attached document, printed out on white paper. No specific legal jargon is
required, just a clear statement of what happened and why you allege the
defendants were responsible and what damages you are claiming. You should
put "limited to 50,000 pounds" or whatever figure you regard as the upper
limit. The higher the figure you claim, the greater the court fee for
issuing the claim form. If you are claiming damages for personal injury you
should attach a medical report proving the injuries. If you have no medical
report, you had better make immediate arrangements to get one otherwise the
defendants will apply to strike out the claim as soon as they see it.

Then make some copies, go to the court (your local county court would do, or
the District Registry of the High Court, or the Royal Courts of Justice in
the Strand) and pay the enormous fee and lodge the papers- either they serve
the papers on the defendant or you do.

And then, once the proceedings are served, the claimant (Susan? Is she an
adult or a child) will be liable for any costs incurred by the defendants if
they win the claim.

It's a bit like playing high stakes roulette, with the wheel loaded against
you.

Your solicitors don't think you have a case. Your best bet is to find
solicitors who do think you have a case. If you have tried Irwin Mitchell
and Leigh Day and neither of them think you have a case, then, um, well, you
probably don't. But you might have, and one option is to have a conference
with counsel and make absolutely sure that they have considered all the
evidence and seen all the possible angles. That is what I'd do in your
shoes, not rush to issue proceedings.

si...@lancashirecaravans.co.uk

Feb 8, 2007, 2:35:15 PM2/8/07
On 8 Feb, 18:36, "Adam" <nos...@nospam.com> wrote:
> <s...@lancashirecaravans.co.uk> wrote in message

Hello Adam,

thanks for the response,

Now. this has happened in the past with an accident I had, I won the
case without the aid of lawyers, some years back, I had a car
accident, I pulled out of a give way and a car crashed into the side
of me, the police, lawyers, insurance companies, and barristers said
that as I pulled out of a give way, the accident was my fault and
therefore I had to pay all costs and damages for the other side. I
decided to take the case on myself, despite solicitors laughing at
me.... yes.. 5 years after I started, I won, I got paid out,
compensated for my losses etc, and I didn't get convicted of any
driving offence, the other side lost,...., all because I saw outside
of the box. I argued that because the hedges were overgrown on my
left, it obscured my vision, this forced me to pull out to enable me
to see what was coming from my left, at that point, a car hit me..., I
found some small law that showed the local council should have
maintained those hedges as they were on a public highway....,

Simon

Fat Freddy's Cat

Feb 8, 2007, 3:06:43 PM2/8/07

<si...@lancashirecaravans.co.uk> wrote in message
> they will no
> longer handle our case, they have been dealing with this for the past
> 7 years or so.... and after this time, that is their conclusion....
> useless, all they see is text book stuff, they cannot see outside of
> the box the way I can.

There are a lot of broken, broke and frustrated people out there who thought
they knew better than their solicitors...

g.

si...@lancashirecaravans.co.uk

Feb 8, 2007, 3:17:55 PM2/8/07
On 8 Feb, 20:06, "Fat Freddy's Cat" <here...@home.com> wrote:
> <s...@lancashirecaravans.co.uk> wrote in message

I know we have a case, so I am going to go for it

Just Another M.I 5 1/2 Fan

Feb 8, 2007, 3:21:28 PM2/8/07
On 8 Feb, 18:36, "Adam" <nos...@nospam.com> wrote:

> Well, quite easily really. Seroxat is generally prescribed for people who
> are depressed, and depressed people often attempt suicide without treatment.

You are blaming Seroxat for a pre-existing illness? The makers would
rip you to shreds in seconds.
I was on it for ages and it didn't have an effect one way or the
other. The answer to lifes
problems will not be found in a bottle of tablets anyway.

It is also unlikely that you could bring a case in someone elses name.

Move on.....

Peter Crosland

Feb 8, 2007, 3:31:47 PM2/8/07
>>> they will no
>>> longer handle our case, they have been dealing with this for the
>>> past 7 years or so.... and after this time, that is their
>>> conclusion.... useless, all they see is text book stuff, they
>>> cannot see outside of the box the way I can.

But they can see the very real probability that you will lose and even if
this happens even at an early stage could result in you having to pay
crippling costs.

>> There are a lot of broken, broke and frustrated people out there who
>> thought they knew better than their solicitors...

> I know we have a case, so I am going to go for it

Peter Crosland

Just Another M.I 5 1/2 Fan

Feb 8, 2007, 3:52:26 PM2/8/07
On 8 Feb, 20:31, "Peter Crosland" <g...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> But they can see the very real probability that you will lose and even if
> this happens even at an early stage could result in you having to pay
> crippling costs.

Ask John Bunt... Thought he was being clever trying to have over ISP's
last year
as a LIP.

He got well and truly stuffed and given a bill for £37k! LOL

Paul Nutteing (valid email address in post script )

Feb 9, 2007, 3:34:40 AM2/9/07
<si...@lancashirecaravans.co.uk> wrote in message

If you decide not to go to court you can
always put all the evidence on the net.
The whole tenor can be about the dangers
of Seroxat as long as you do not state
anywhere that Seroxat definitely caused a
specific set of symptoms in an individual.
Opened out to investigationg GSK in general
perhaps.

Tips for placing material on the net
to keep out out of the clutches of
your opposition.