Facebook sex offenders list ... Chris Wittwer is after some attention

Nigel Oldfield

Apr 30, 2010, 2:16:26 PM4/30/10
Facebook sex offenders list

By NEIL MILLARD

Published: Today

A VIGILANTE has completed his own UK sex offenders register — on
FACEBOOK.

Determined campaigner Chris Wittwer thinks everyone should have a
right to access information on sex offenders in their area.

So he set about scouring newspaper reports and cross-referencing them
with court records to produce a country-wide list of nearly 6,000 sex
fiends.

Warehouse operator Chris says he has spent "every waking hour"
gathering the thousands of pieces of information needed to make what
he claims is the largest photographic gallery in the world.

Proud

It includes mugshots and he says it allows parents to look out for sex
offenders near them in case they decide to reoffend.

Chris, 34, from Exeter, Devon, has 44 groups which all link to a main
site and have attracted 18,000 members.

It is similar to the database recently made available to parents in
four pilot areas in response to calls for a Sarah's Law.

Sarah Payne, eight, was abducted and murdered in West Sussex by Roy
Whiting ten years ago. Her mum Sara has campaigned for Sarah's
Law,which allows parents to check whether people with access to their
children are child sex offenders.

Chris said: "I am effectively doing Sarah's Law for the police.

"I feel really proud - it's quite an achievement and if it helps
people spot sex offenders living in their area, who are a known risk
to children, then I've done a good thing.

"But it's not a question of being a hate mob - it's the simple fact
that on the national sex offenders register you can access some
information but you can't see the faces of those who commit the
crimes.

"With my groups you can see the picture of the offender, their name,
the date of their offence and where they were resident at the time.

"Because of the repeat nature of many child sex offences it is an
invaluable tool for parents who want to keep a watching eye over their
kids."

Cops closed down Chris's first group focusing on Devon two years ago —
but they had to leave him alone when he proved he was doing nothing
illegal.

All the information he uses is already in the public domain.

Within rules ... Facebook approves site

Before any name goes up on the site he checks it is on the official
national sex offenders register.

He said: "I definitely cross all the T's and dot the I's - nothing is
left to chance.

"I use press releases from the police as well as local paper cuttings
and newspapers' own archives.

"No hearsay or unconfirmed allegations go on the site. That's how I've
been able to continue legally."

The site contains 5,930 sex criminals in 62 counties in England,
Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.

He said: "I'm constantly adding new names."

His project has not gone down well with everyone — some sex offenders
angry at being included have tracked him down to attack him.

He said: "On a couple of occasions I have had paedophiles try and hunt
me down. I guess it's an occupational hazard. They don't want their
names out there.

"Fortunately it hasn't come to anything."

Former landlord Chris launched the project after hearing about a
regular at his old pub who had been molesting a child.

He said: "It created shockwaves and it sickened me. I just wanted to
do something about it. This is my way of helping I suppose."

In one case his site actually helped cops track down a wanted offender
who had failed to tell cops of his whereabouts.

He was found working in a sweet shop opposite a primary school.

He revealed: "Thanks to my site he was recognised and when police
caught up with him they found he had been abusing again. He went back
to jail.

"Since then my campaign has outed eight or nine paedophiles across the
country who were hiding in the community.

"Just two weeks ago I heard of another result, about a man who was
freed from prison a couple of years ago after serving 11 years for
child rape.

"His girlfriend, who had no idea he was a convicted sex offender and
who had two young kids, found his picture on my group."

A Facebook spokesman said: "We want Facebook to be a place where
people can openly discuss issues and express their views, while
respecting the rights and feeling of others.

"It is within the terms of the site for users to express their views
about a public figure, which includes views about someone who has been
convicted of a crime and details related to the crime that are freely
available in the media."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2954812/Facebook-sex-offenders-list.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1270064/Facebook-vigilante-posts-6-000-photos-convicted-paedophiles-sex-offenders-online-invaluable-tool-parents.html

If anyone can find any of these groups, please let me know

WM

Ret.

Apr 30, 2010, 2:27:59 PM4/30/10
Nigel Oldfield wrote:
> Facebook sex offenders list
>
> By NEIL MILLARD
>
> Published: Today
>
> A VIGILANTE has completed his own UK sex offenders register � on
> Cops closed down Chris's first group focusing on Devon two years ago �

> but they had to leave him alone when he proved he was doing nothing
> illegal.
>
> All the information he uses is already in the public domain.
>
> Within rules ... Facebook approves site
>
> Before any name goes up on the site he checks it is on the official
> national sex offenders register.
>
> He said: "I definitely cross all the T's and dot the I's - nothing is
> left to chance.
>
> "I use press releases from the police as well as local paper cuttings
> and newspapers' own archives.
>
> "No hearsay or unconfirmed allegations go on the site. That's how I've
> been able to continue legally."
>
> The site contains 5,930 sex criminals in 62 counties in England,
> Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
>
> He said: "I'm constantly adding new names."
>
> His project has not gone down well with everyone � some sex offenders

In a hurry to see if your mugshot is there eh Nigel?

--
Kev

Nigel Oldfield

Apr 30, 2010, 2:33:56 PM4/30/10
> > If anyone can find any of these groups, please let me know
>
> In a hurry to see if your mugshot is there eh Nigel?
>
> --
> Kev

Of course :)

OK ... let's get busy ...

*****

Football-fan chef fined for breaching banning order

Western Morning News, The Plymouth (UK) | July 5, 2006 | Copyright
2009 Western Morning News, The Plymouth (UK).

A football supporter convicted of a public order offence after trouble
at an Exeter City match has been fined by magistrates for failing to
report to police during England's World Cup game against Ecuador.

Christopher Wittwer, who runs the Royal Oak in Exminster with his wife
Ali, did not present himself to police on June 25. Under a three- year
international banning order, he has to report to police every time
England are playing.

Wittwer, a chef, told magistrates the pub had been busy on the day of
the game and, though he had been intending to report to Heavitree Road
police …

http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1P2-10123848.html

WM

Nigel Oldfield

Apr 30, 2010, 2:37:01 PM4/30/10

Mentalguy2k8

Apr 30, 2010, 2:40:23 PM4/30/10

Nigel Oldfield

Apr 30, 2010, 2:40:33 PM4/30/10

Nigel Oldfield

Apr 30, 2010, 2:42:50 PM4/30/10
> I bet he's shitting himself now.

He is a walking piece of shit, how would we tell?

Ask him about pub fires.

WM

Mentalguy2k8

Apr 30, 2010, 2:42:52 PM4/30/10

"Nigel Oldfield" <wmcritica...@googlemail.com> wrote in message

Ooh, scary.

Mentalguy2k8

Apr 30, 2010, 2:44:30 PM4/30/10

>> I bet he's shitting himself now.
>
> He is a walking piece of shit,

Most decent people would say the same about you. Except you waddle, not
walk.

Nigel Oldfield

Apr 30, 2010, 2:45:12 PM4/30/10
> >Message sent, on FB, to the walking, chicken shit, turd.
>
> Ooh, scary.

Well, when you have finished sucking him off, maybe you can grow some
too?

WM

Nigel Oldfield

Apr 30, 2010, 2:45:35 PM4/30/10
> Most decent people would say the same about you. Except you waddle, not
> walk.

Plonk

WM

Mentalguy2k8

Apr 30, 2010, 2:48:28 PM4/30/10

"Nigel Oldfield" <wmcritica...@googlemail.com> wrote in message

Let's not go through this again, you've had plenty of opportunity. It's not
my fault you have to pay double on the coach.

Mentalguy2k8

Apr 30, 2010, 2:50:39 PM4/30/10

>> Most decent people would say the same about you. Except you waddle, not
>> walk.
>
> Plonk

I'm still plonked from last time Nige... and the time before that and the
time before that.

You must remember, you got all angry, I gave you a time and a place to meet
me, then you refused to come down because nobody would pay your bus fare.

Nigel Oldfield

Apr 30, 2010, 2:55:53 PM4/30/10

> I'm still plonked from last time Nige... and the time before that and the
> time before that.
>
> You must remember, you got all angry, I gave you a time and a place to meet
> me, then you refused to come down because nobody would pay your bus fare.

I can unplonk when I like ... when you show a modicum of good sense
and honesty, I let you have another go ... then you go and fuck it all
up once again.

So, try again, when you are ready

WM

Mentalguy2k8

Apr 30, 2010, 3:00:44 PM4/30/10

"Nigel Oldfield" <wmcritica...@googlemail.com> wrote in message

Maybe it would be best if you learned what a "plonk" is

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plonk_(Usenet)

"Plonk is a Usenet jargon term for adding a particular poster to one's kill
file such that ****the poster's future postings are completely ignored***."
[my emphasis]

You really should learn the lingo if you're going to pretend to be 12 in
those chatrooms.... they'll spot you a mile off.

Nigel Oldfield

Apr 30, 2010, 3:06:25 PM4/30/10
> You really should learn the lingo if you're going to pretend to be 12 in
> those chatrooms.... they'll spot you a mile off.

... and 'Unplonk' means?

You really are a sad, little, guy MG, when we are talking about
people's lives here.

WM

Nigel Oldfield

Apr 30, 2010, 3:08:23 PM4/30/10
> You really are a sad, little, guy MG, when we are talking about
> people's lives here.
>
> WM

... of course, you may just be Chris (he is one too) ... are you?

WM

Mentalguy2k8

Apr 30, 2010, 3:11:34 PM4/30/10

>> You really should learn the lingo if you're going to pretend to be 12 in
>> those chatrooms.... they'll spot you a mile off.
>
> ... and 'Unplonk' means?

So you're using telepathy to judge whether I'm "show(ing) a modicum of good
sense and honesty"?

> You really are a sad, little, guy MG, when we are talking about
> people's lives here.

He's doing nothing illegal.

Mentalguy2k8

Apr 30, 2010, 3:15:02 PM4/30/10

"Nigel Oldfield" <wmcritica...@googlemail.com> wrote in message

Maybe......

If you can research a little better than thinking he runs a pub, why not
visit him and find out?

Nigel Oldfield

Apr 30, 2010, 3:18:34 PM4/30/10
> So you're using telepathy to judge whether I'm "show(ing) a modicum of good
> sense and honesty"?

Eh, no. Plonking does not equal killfile.

> > You really are a sad, little, guy MG, when we are talking about
> > people's lives here.
>
> He's doing nothing illegal.

Ah, perhaps you presume that I disagree with what he is doing, *in
principle*. It is only a matter of future possibilities and degree,
whether what he is doing is illegal or not.

However, as we have said before, illegality does not equate to
acceptability, nor does legality.

WM

Nigel Oldfield

Apr 30, 2010, 3:19:16 PM4/30/10
> If you can research a little better than thinking he runs a pub, why not
> visit him and find out?

He does not, not any more ;)

WM

Mentalguy2k8

Apr 30, 2010, 3:22:00 PM4/30/10

>> So you're using telepathy to judge whether I'm "show(ing) a modicum of
>> good
>> sense and honesty"?
>
> Eh, no. Plonking does not equal killfile.

Yes it does. Look it up and then admit that you were wrong. I'll forego the
apology.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=usenet+plonk

Nigel Oldfield

Apr 30, 2010, 3:25:34 PM4/30/10
> Yes it does. Look it up and then admit that you were wrong. I'll forego the
> apology.
>
> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=usenet+plonk

Are you so simple that you think I follow fluxional definitions?

Again, irrelevant cheapshot.

WM

Mentalguy2k8

Apr 30, 2010, 3:30:59 PM4/30/10

>> Yes it does. Look it up and then admit that you were wrong. I'll forego
>> the
>> apology.
>>
>> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=usenet+plonk
>
> Are you so simple that you think I follow fluxional definitions?

No, well-read enough to know that you're wrong, but your inflated ego and
exaggerated sense of self-importance once again forbids you to admit it.

Now go and write a lengthy delusional missive to Mr Wittwer and threaten him
that if you can ever afford to get a seat for both of your arse-cheeks on a
National Express, you'll come to Plymouth and get yourself chinned. Between
chins seven and eight, I'd wager.

Nigel Oldfield

Apr 30, 2010, 3:32:46 PM4/30/10
WITTWER, Alison Claire, Unemployed residing at 22 Fore Street,
Ide, Exeter, EX2 9RQ. Lately residing at and lately carrying on
business as The Royal Oak Public House, Exminster, Exeter, EX1
3DD. Court—EXETER COUNTY COURT. Date of Filing
Petition—28 September 2009. No. of Matter—775 of 2009. Date of
Bankruptcy Order—28 September 2009. Whether Debtor’s or Creditor’s
Petition—Debtor’s. Official Receiver—3rd Floor, Senate Court,
Southernhay Gardens, Exeter, EX1 1UG.

Poor old Alison , Shit-for-Brains cleaned Mrs Wittwer out too.

WM

Nigel Oldfield

Apr 30, 2010, 3:38:43 PM4/30/10
> Are you so simple that you think I follow fluxional definitions?
>
> No, well-read enough to know that you're wrong, but your inflated ego and
> exaggerated sense of self-importance once again forbids you to admit it.

Search for 'Unplonk' if you want to play such silly, little games -
I do not, I am working.

> Now go and write a lengthy delusional missive to Mr Wittwer and threaten him
> that if you can ever afford to get a seat for both of your arse-cheeks on a
> National Express, you'll come to Plymouth and get yourself chinned. Between
> chins seven and eight, I'd wager.

Rules are the same ... half-way or he pays the fare for any
meetings ... you know the rules.

Remainder is adhom.

Man, you are a demanding student, but we will get there,
eventually ... maybe the barbell would be best for you ;)

WM

Mentalguy2k8

Apr 30, 2010, 3:47:04 PM4/30/10

>> Are you so simple that you think I follow fluxional definitions?
>>
>> No, well-read enough to know that you're wrong, but your inflated ego and
>> exaggerated sense of self-importance once again forbids you to admit it.
>
> Search for 'Unplonk' if you want to play such silly, little games -
> I do not, I am working.
>
>> Now go and write a lengthy delusional missive to Mr Wittwer and threaten
>> him
>> that if you can ever afford to get a seat for both of your arse-cheeks on
>> National Express, you'll come to Plymouth and get yourself chinned.
>> Between
>> chins seven and eight, I'd wager.
>
> Rules are the same ... half-way or he pays the fare for any
> meetings ... you know the rules.

You're the one issuing the hollow threats. Excuses, excuses.

> Remainder is adhom.
>
> Man, you are a demanding student, but we will get there,
> eventually ... maybe the barbell would be best for you ;)

I doubt you could lift one.

Nigel Oldfield

Apr 30, 2010, 3:48:49 PM4/30/10
> > Man, you are a demanding student, but we will get there,
> > eventually ... maybe the barbell would be best for you ;)
>
> I doubt you could lift one.

Yawn.

WM

Mentalguy2k8

Apr 30, 2010, 3:52:57 PM4/30/10

"Nigel Oldfield" <wmcritica...@googlemail.com> wrote in message

See? One trip to the fridge and back for cake, and you need a nap.

Nigel Oldfield

Apr 30, 2010, 4:01:01 PM4/30/10

> > Yawn.
>
> See? One trip to the fridge and back for cake, and you need a nap.

ZZZZZzzzz

WM

Nigel Oldfield

Apr 30, 2010, 4:16:19 PM4/30/10
> > Rules are the same ... half-way or he pays the fare for any
> > meetings ... you know the rules.
>
> You're the one issuing the hollow threats. Excuses, excuses.

No threats at all, hollow or otherwise.

A concrete offer, of an equitable meeting, so as to clarify identities
and positions.

WM

Mentalguy2k8

Apr 30, 2010, 4:30:50 PM4/30/10

"Nigel Oldfield" <wmcritica...@googlemail.co> wrote in message

>> > Yawn.
>>
>> See? One trip to the fridge and back for cake, and you need a nap.
>
> ZZZZZzzzz

I think your peer-to-peer encrypted transfer just finished, better wake up
and get the kleenex out.

Nigel Oldfield

Apr 30, 2010, 5:01:28 PM4/30/10
Nigel Oldfield wrote:

> [...]
>
> "His girlfriend, who had no idea he was a convicted sex offender and
> who had two young kids, found his picture on my group."
>
> A Facebook spokesman said: "We want Facebook to be a place where
> people can openly discuss issues and express their views, while
> respecting the rights and feeling of others.
>
> "It is within the terms of the site for users to express their views
> about a public figure, which includes views about someone who has been
> convicted of a crime and details related to the crime that are freely
> available in the media."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2954812/Facebook-sex-offenders-list.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1270064/Facebook-vigilante-posts-6-000-photos-convicted-paedophiles-sex-offenders-online-invaluable-tool-parents.html

> If anyone can find any of these groups, please let me know

AOK

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=266777039854&ref=ts#!/group.php?gid=266777039854&v=wall&ref=ts

WM

Nigel Oldfield

Apr 30, 2010, 5:01:27 PM4/30/10

> > ZZZZZzzzz
>
> I think your peer-to-peer encrypted transfer just finished, better
> wake up and get the kleenex out.

You are a card.

WM

Steve Walker

Apr 30, 2010, 8:23:47 PM4/30/10
Nigel Oldfield wrote:
>> If anyone can find any of these groups, please let me know
>>
>> WM
>
> AOK
>
> http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=266777039854&ref=ts#!/group.php?gid=266777039854&v=wall&ref=ts
>
> WM

If you keep deliberately provoking people like that, somebody's going to
give you a real kicking one day (or else pour petrol through your letterbox
one night). Are you actively seeking martyrdom, Nige?

Janitor of Lunacy

Apr 30, 2010, 8:26:01 PM4/30/10
Nigel Oldfield wrote:
>> If anyone can find any of these groups, please let me know
>>
>> WM
>
> AOK
>
> http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=266777039854&ref=ts#!/group.php?gid=266777039854&v=wall&ref=ts
>
> WM

It's amazing, isn't it, that these ill-educated and anger-driven illiterates
have an outlet on the internet, since they rely upon a mistaken view of what
"free speech" means, but in fact wouldn't dream of taking physical violence
even against a known and convicted pedophile in their area, and that assumes
that they are even aware of it; MAPPA is designed to prevent such
occurrences. There have been more than a few false positives, and even their
motivation hasn't saved these morons from lengthy prison sentences, and
rightly so, because they are not the law, and their very polemic
demonstrates exactly why they should not be.

Nigel Oldfield

Apr 30, 2010, 8:53:36 PM4/30/10
> If you keep deliberately provoking people like that, somebody's going to
> give you a real kicking one day (or else pour petrol through your letterbox
> one night).   Are you actively seeking martyrdom, Nige?

Better to die on one's feet ...

I have provoked nothing.

WM

Nigel Oldfield

Apr 30, 2010, 9:20:52 PM4/30/10
"Group members have called on Mr Wittwer to release people’s
addresses. They go on to suggest what they would like to do to the
people mentioned, including torture and death."

"A Facebook spokeswoman said: “We want Facebook to be a place where

people can openly discuss issues and express their views, while
respecting the rights and feeling of others.

“It is within the terms of the site for users to express their views
about a public figure, which includes views about someone who has been
convicted of a crime and details related to the crime that are freely
available in the media.

“However, bullying and harassment of a private individual is against
the terms of use of the site and any content or users found to be in
violation will be removed.

“As a community, Facebook is highly self-regulating, and we encourage
users to report questionable or offensive content.

“Facebook takes all complaints by users seriously and we have a
dedicated team investigating these complaints and comments by users.”

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kentonline/news/2010/april/30/facebook_group_names_and_shame.aspx

WM

Nigel Oldfield

Apr 30, 2010, 11:50:27 PM4/30/10
TPCA STATEMENT RE: FACEBOOK OFFENDER DATABASE

TPCA STATEMENT By Fiona Crook RE: FACEBOOK OFFENDER DATABASE 30/04/10.

www.tpcauk.com.

Whilst we sincerely respect the media and those who work to protect
children from paedophilia, we would always be concerned about relying
on any information sourced solely from media reporting.

The ‘Sarah’s Law’ scheme is a crucial sex offender management tool
that helps everyone to better protect children, it’s all about the
public working with the proper ‘legally accountable authorities’ who
have ‘all’ of the official information on ‘all’ known offenders and
not just those flagged by the media.

If anyone has any concerns, we advise that they raise them with the
appropriate police authorities - to ensure that they get reliable
information, with proper support and guidance on what to do with any
answers they may get. Ends.

http://pub11.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=880374447&frmid=50&msgid=1059896&cmd=show

****

WM

Message has been deleted

Nigel Oldfield

May 1, 2010, 3:44:54 AM5/1/10
> You don't like him being able to respond to the ignorance
> and malice shown there?

It's OK ... Steve is looking after my best interests :)

WM

Steve Walker

May 1, 2010, 4:38:26 AM5/1/10
Jon Thomas wrote:
> Steve Walker wrote:
>
>> ttp://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=266777039854
>> &ref=ts#!/group.php?gid=266777039854&v=wall&ref=ts

>> If you keep deliberately provoking people like that, somebody's going to
>> give you a real kicking one day (or else pour petrol through your
>> letterbox one night). Are you actively seeking martyrdom, Nige?
>
> You don't like him being able to respond to the ignorance
> and malice shown there?

What I like or don't like is irrelevant - taunting angry mobs is risky.

Message has been deleted

Nigel Oldfield

May 1, 2010, 1:25:06 PM5/1/10
> What I like or don't like is irrelevant - taunting angry mobs is risky.

You think I do not know that? But, thanks anyway.

WM

Laurence Taylor

May 1, 2010, 2:40:22 PM5/1/10
Nigel Oldfield wrote:
> *****
>
> Football-fan chef fined for breaching banning order
>
> Western Morning News, The Plymouth (UK) | July 5, 2006 | Copyright
> 2009 Western Morning News, The Plymouth (UK).
>
> A football supporter convicted of a public order offence after trouble
> at an Exeter City match has been fined by magistrates for failing to
> report to police during England's World Cup game against Ecuador.
>
> Christopher Wittwer, who runs the Royal Oak in Exminster with his wife
> Ali, did not present himself to police on June 25. Under a three- year
> international banning order, he has to report to police every time
> England are playing.

I thought he looked dodgy.

--
rgds
LAurence

Steve Walker

May 1, 2010, 6:43:03 PM5/1/10
Jon Thomas wrote:

> Nigel Oldfield wrote:
>
>> Steve is looking after my best interests :)
>
> Like the mental guy, he's unhappy that you're
> allowed a public voice.

Yeah, that must be right then if you say so.

Big Les Wade

May 2, 2010, 8:31:05 AM5/2/10
Steve Walker <spam...@beeb.net> posted

What do you mean? who is he provoking? Have I missed something here?

--
Les
Criticising the government is not illegal, but often on investigation turns out

Big Les Wade

May 2, 2010, 8:31:59 AM5/2/10
Nigel Oldfield <wmcritica...@googlemail.com> posted

>Cops closed down Chris's first group focusing on Devon two years ago —
>but they had to leave him alone when he proved he was doing nothing
>illegal.
>
>All the information he uses is already in the public domain.
>
>Within rules ... Facebook approves site
>
>Before any name goes up on the site he checks it is on the official
>national sex offenders register.

How can he do this?

Steve Walker

May 2, 2010, 9:03:01 AM5/2/10
Big Les Wade wrote:
> Steve Walker <spam...@beeb.net> posted

>>> AOK
>>>

>>> http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=266777039854&ref=ts#!/group.php?g
>>> id=266777039854&v=wall&ref=ts
>>>
>>> WM
>>
>> If you keep deliberately provoking people like that, somebody's
>> going to give you a real kicking one day (or else pour petrol
>> through your letterbox one night). Are you actively seeking
>> martyrdom, Nige?
>
> What do you mean? who is he provoking? Have I missed something here?

He's been over at FB, taunting the paedo-mob through the cage. Fun on a
juvenile level of course, but there only needs to be one who takes it
seriously and comes after him IRL.

Steve Walker

May 2, 2010, 9:09:10 AM5/2/10
Big Les Wade wrote:
> Nigel Oldfield <wmcritica...@googlemail.com> posted
>> Cops closed down Chris's first group focusing on Devon two years ago
>> - but they had to leave him alone when he proved he was doing nothing

>> illegal.
>>
>> All the information he uses is already in the public domain.
>>
>> Within rules ... Facebook approves site
>>
>> Before any name goes up on the site he checks it is on the official
>> national sex offenders register.
>
> How can he do this?

He can't, lawfully.

Paul Cummins

May 2, 2010, 9:13:00 AM5/2/10
In article <841akk...@mid.individual.net>, spam...@beeb.net (Steve Walker)
wrote:

> If you keep deliberately provoking people like that, somebody's
> going to give you a real kicking one day (or else pour petrol
> through your letterbox one night).

That looks like incitement to commit arson to me...

--
Paul Cummins - Always a NetHead
Wasting Bandwidth since 1981

Steve Walker

May 2, 2010, 6:46:16 PM5/2/10
Paul Cummins wrote:
> In article <841akk...@mid.individual.net>, spam...@beeb.net
> (Steve Walker) wrote:
>
>> If you keep deliberately provoking people like that, somebody's
>> going to give you a real kicking one day (or else pour petrol
>> through your letterbox one night).
>
> That looks like incitement to commit arson to me...

Gosh, then you'd better report it to the Police.

Nigel Oldfield

May 2, 2010, 7:15:08 PM5/2/10
> He's been over at FB, taunting the paedo-mob through the cage.   Fun on a
> juvenile level of course, but there only needs to be one who takes it
> seriously and comes after him IRL.

You believe I see this work as fun?

WM

Paul Cummins

May 3, 2010, 4:58:00 AM5/3/10
In article <846dlp...@mid.individual.net>, spam...@beeb.net (Steve Walker)
wrote:

> > That looks like incitement to commit arson to me...

> Gosh, then you'd better report it to the Police.

I'm sure someone already will have done.

Steve Walker

May 3, 2010, 3:00:18 PM5/3/10
Paul Cummins wrote:
> In article <846dlp...@mid.individual.net>, spam...@beeb.net (Steve
> Walker) wrote:
>
>>> That looks like incitement to commit arson to me...
>>
>> Gosh, then you'd better report it to the Police.
>
> I'm sure someone already will have done.

No, that's just not good enough Paul -
have you never heard of the Bystander Effect or
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diffusion_of_responsibility ?

If it's important, then don't complacently assume that someone
else will be dealing with it. If you believe that a serious crime
has been committed then you have a civic duty (as well as a
personal duty to your friend Nigel) and you should report it.

Paul Cummins

May 3, 2010, 7:10:00 PM5/3/10
In article <848kq4...@mid.individual.net>, spam...@beeb.net (Steve Walker)
wrote:

> (as well as a

> personal duty to your friend Nigel)

Friend? Who says so?

Nigel Oldfield

May 3, 2010, 8:36:19 PM5/3/10
> Friend? Who says so?
>
> --
> Paul Cummins - Always a NetHead
> Wasting Bandwidth since 1981

Watch that hook , line and sinker !!!

WM

Steve Walker

May 4, 2010, 3:09:24 PM5/4/10
Paul Cummins wrote:
> In article <848kq4...@mid.individual.net>, spam...@beeb.net (Steve
> Walker) wrote:
>
>> (as well as a
>> personal duty to your friend Nigel)
>
> Friend? Who says so?

He's very fond of you - didn't you realise?

Anyhow, have you reported that serious crime yet? It would be useful to be
able to make arrangements for the speedy arrest and lengthy interrogations
which will no doubt follow (feeding the cat, etc).

Paul Cummins

May 4, 2010, 3:48:00 PM5/4/10
In article <84b9n8...@mid.individual.net>, spam...@beeb.net (Steve Walker)
wrote:

> He's very fond of you - didn't you realise?

He's very fond of justice being done - as am I.

Anyway, in all seriousness, I'm probably too young for him.

Steve Walker

May 4, 2010, 4:04:57 PM5/4/10
Paul Cummins wrote:
> In article <84b9n8...@mid.individual.net>, spam...@beeb.net (Steve
> Walker) wrote:
>
>> He's very fond of you - didn't you realise?
>
> He's very fond of justice being done - as am I.

So you keep saying - but I'm not hearing any approaching sirens.

Nigel Oldfield

May 4, 2010, 4:08:17 PM5/4/10
> Anyway, in all seriousness, I'm probably too young for him.
>
> --
> Paul Cummins - Always a NetHead
> Wasting Bandwidth since 1981

See how misconceptions arise?

In all seriousness.

WM

Paul Cummins

May 4, 2010, 5:18:00 PM5/4/10
In article <a931a221-04bd-494e...@p2g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>,
wmcritica...@googlemail.com (Nigel Oldfield) wrote:

> See how misconceptions arise?
>
> In all seriousness.

I cannot concieve.

:-)

Nigel Oldfield

May 4, 2010, 6:38:17 PM5/4/10
On May 4, 10:18 pm, useth...@stedphone.invalid (Paul Cummins) wrote:
> In article <a931a221-04bd-494e-ace6-0c4b38872...@p2g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>,

> wmcriticalestop...@googlemail.com (Nigel Oldfield) wrote:
> > See how misconceptions arise?
>
> > In all seriousness.
>
> I cannot concieve.
>
> :-)
>
> --
> Paul Cummins - Always a NetHead
> Wasting Bandwidth since 1981

I am so very sorry.

WM

Nigel Oldfield

May 5, 2010, 5:02:04 PM5/5/10
"He said he compiles the list, which includes photographs and where
the offenders live, from press releases, court records and the sex
offenders register.

Nearly 18,000 people have joined his Facebook groups since the 34-year-
old started compiling the huge online bank two years ago

He then cross-references the name of a sex criminal against the
national sex accessing the sex offenders register and court records
which are not available to members of the public."

Read more:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1272721/Facebook-vigilante-outed-6-000-paedophiles-attacked-sex-offenders-hes-set-shame-8-000-more.html?ito=feeds-newsxml#ixzz0n5hslBXb

WM

Dissenter

May 5, 2010, 5:47:24 PM5/5/10
On Wed, 5 May 2010 14:02:04 -0700 (PDT), Nigel Oldfield
<wmcritica...@googlemail.com> wrote:

>"He said he compiles the list, which includes photographs and where
>the offenders live, from press releases, court records and the sex
>offenders register.
>
>Nearly 18,000 people have joined his Facebook groups since the 34-year-
>old started compiling the huge online bank two years ago
>
>He then cross-references the name of a sex criminal against the
>national sex accessing the sex offenders register and court records
>which are not available to members of the public."

"He would not reveal how but said he had secret sources..."

Any chance of calling him out on that one?

If he really has access to the SOA, someone in the police must be
breaking the law.

--
Dissenter

Nigel Oldfield

May 5, 2010, 6:03:49 PM5/5/10
On May 5, 10:47 pm, Dissenter <m...@privacy.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 5 May 2010 14:02:04 -0700 (PDT), Nigel Oldfield

He is about to be called at the highest levels.

This will not rest.

WM

Nigel Oldfield

May 5, 2010, 6:23:43 PM5/5/10
On May 5, 10:47 pm, Dissenter <m...@privacy.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 5 May 2010 14:02:04 -0700 (PDT), Nigel Oldfield

He is about to be called at the highest levels.

Nigel Oldfield

May 5, 2010, 6:28:08 PM5/5/10
Twice if need be ;) ... sorry, Googlefart.

WM

Nigel Oldfield

May 8, 2010, 2:13:57 AM5/8/10
Fred Murray is not lying.

E&E, July 8, 2004: "A 28-Year-Old city man has been banned from
attending football grounds for the next two years after going on the
rampage with a 20-strong gang after a home game. Christopher Wittwer
was among a mob who police had to control with batons and CS gas after
they went berserk near the football ground after Exeter City's home
match against Aldershot earlier this year."

E&E, May 3, 2007: "A pub chef involved in a nightclub punch-up in
which a man's jaw was broken has been ordered to pay the victim £1,000
in compensation. At Exeter Crown Court yesterday, Christopher Wittwer,
chef at the Royal Oak in Exminster, Devon, where his wife is the
licensee, was also given a 12-month prison sentence suspended for two
years... Judge Miranda Robertshaw told Wittwer: "This is the second
time you have been involved in gratuitous and unprovoked violence
against innocent strangers. In this case the victim was minding his
own business and you picked on him. He sustained a serious jaw
fracture at the hands of another man which would not have happened if
you had not started the fight."

So where Chris says "I don't condone any violence" he means "by anyone
else"???
Steve, Exeter
Report abuse
commented on 05-May-2010 11:36

*****

The very same Chris Wittwer who went to live in Thailand - with the
other man involved in the Rococo assault who, incidentally, jumped
bail - leaving his wife destitute at the Royal Oak.

WITTWER, Alison Claire, Unemployed residing at 22 Fore Street, Ide,
Exeter, EX2 9RQ. Lately residing at and lately carrying on
business as The Royal Oak Public House, Exminster, Exeter, EX1
3DD. Court=97EXETER COUNTY COURT. Date of Filing
Petition=9728 September 2009. No. of Matter=97775 of 2009. Date of
Bankruptcy Order=9728 September 2009. Whether Debtor=92s or
Creditor=92s
Petition=97Debtor=92s. Official Receiver=973rd Floor, Senate Court,
Southernhay Gardens, Exeter, EX1 1UG.

Once again, I ask, does the Echo not think any of this is relevant?!
Fred_Murray, Exeter
Report abuse
commented on 05-May-2010 11:47

*****

"Mr Wittwer says he includes people who have been charged on the list
but not yet convicted for an offence."

So not only has he got a "secret source" feeding him details of the
Sex Offenders Register, he can also get details of people who have
been charged but not convicted of any offence.

I think I can smell something here, and its not roses!!
Karensa, Exeter
Report abuse
commented on 05-May-2010 12:09

*****

Man goes to Thailand... man comes back obsessed with sex offenders...
hmm, sketchy.

Anyone know anything of the rumours he's also a BNP activist?
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=8644741474&topic=22242&post=335672
Steve, Exeter
Report abuse
commented on 05-May-2010 12:30

*****

http://www.thisisexeter.co.uk/news/ve-attacked-paedophile-crusade/article-2110061-detail/article.html

WM

Paul Cummins

May 8, 2010, 4:46:00 AM5/8/10
In article <7534a681-de1d-4919...@a21g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>,
wmcritica...@googlemail.com (Nigel Oldfield) wrote:

> So not only has he got a "secret source" feeding him details of the
> Sex Offenders Register, he can also get details of people who have
> been charged but not convicted of any offence.

<snip>

> Anyone know anything of the rumours he's also a BNP activist?

It looks like we now know where the missing memory stick of prisoners' details
ended up...!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7575989.stm

Nigel Oldfield

May 9, 2010, 4:25:52 AM5/9/10
"The warehouse worker’s database was praised by victims of child sex
beasts"

WalesOnline 2010.

“If what I’ve done has saved one child then it’s worth it. Parents
should know where these people are so they can tell their children not
to go down that road or go to that park.”

Chris Wittwer, 2010.

"He claims to have access to the official sex offenders’ register but
would not disclose how and said he avoids breaking the law by only
posting details of convicted sex offenders who have appeared in local
newspapers."

WalesOnline 2010.

“We’ve been waiting for Sarah’s Law for a long time. The register as
it is, is not working anymore and so it is paramount that the public
have a system they can trust.”

Ian Heffron, 2010.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/2010/05/09/welsh-paedophiles-named-and-shamed-on-facebook-91466-26407051/

WM

Nigel Oldfield

May 11, 2010, 3:42:20 AM5/11/10
Chris Wittwer It appears that your account was disabled in error.

Please note, we have reactivated it and you should be able to access
it at this time.

Additionally, Facebook wishes to provide you with additional
information in regards to the groups which were removed from your
account over the weekend. We were required to remove... this content
following a formal request from The Association of Chief Police
Officers

Dori
Facebook
See more
19 minutes ago · View feedback (16)Hide feedback (16)
3 people like this.
Melissa Camden-Redding
Melissa Camden-Redding
Nice to see you Back Chris xx Keep up the good work
18 minutes ago
Kath Rowsell
Kath Rowsell
chris does this mean, we dont have the groups anymore
17 minutes ago
Vicki-jayne DarrochwasMercer
Vicki-jayne DarrochwasMercer
bwt time ur bk lol keep it goin huni xxxx
16 minutes ago
Kelly C Phillips
Kelly C Phillips
welcome back chris
15 minutes ago
Tracey Smith
Tracey Smith
don't give up Chris your doing a fab job keep up the fight for all us
parents who want the best in life for our kids
15 minutes ago
Dennis Moore Trotter
Dennis Moore Trotter
Welome back Chris, Will facebook reinstate the group again
13 minutes ago
Gillian Gillespie
Gillian Gillespie
welcome back !!!!!!!
13 minutes ago
Tracey Millar
Tracey Millar
im glad ur back:)
12 minutes ago

Chris Wittwer
Chris Wittwer
No the groups have been permantely banned by The Association of Chief
Police Officers.
11 minutes ago
Helen Simpkin

Helen Simpkin
hello chris , fb are a joke! happy to have you back, u can carry on ur
briiliant work now, xxx much respect , helen xx
10 minutes ago
Kelly C Phillips
Kelly C Phillips
what u r jokin omg talk about protect the scum and not the inosent
10 minutes ago
Rita Simpson
Rita Simpson
Wot will u do now Chris? Have they been banned due to people posting
threatening comments?x
7 minutes ago
Vicky Chalmers
Vicky Chalmers
Those scum deserve no protection, they gave up that right when they
placed their dirty vile hands or eyes on our innocent children. Name
every single one of them, they deserve no place in our society.
PROTECT OUR CHILDREN. Chris your doing a wonderful job and the chief
of police needs to realise that, his hands are tied by laws but
thankfully there is a loop hole and you found it!

http://www.facebook.com/chris.wittwer1?ref=search&sid=615289357.1278275991..1#!/chris.wittwer1?v=wall&ref=search

WM

Nigel Oldfield

May 11, 2010, 7:39:10 AM5/11/10
UK paedophiles named and shamed…UPDATE !!!

After the stories this website has published about the nameing and
shaming of UK paedophiles and the news in the press about a Facebook
user named Chris Wittwer who opened pages nameing and shaming
paedophiles… It now appears that the original files were copied from a
website that is claiming credit for the gathering of those files.

The website www.theratbook.com are not asking for Chris to remove the
files… but for him to give credit where its due and not claim the work
is all his as he is doing.

Tom Franks from The Rat Book Team said “We are not asking for Mr
Wittwer to remove his information, simply that he states that the work
is not his, it is ours. The Rat Book website has been collecting this
information for nearly 2 years now and we do not want someone else
taking all the thanks for this information.

he went on to say “ We have tried contacting Mr Wittwer but he is not
responding to us, which is not really surprising.”

yachydda.co.uk has spoken via e-mail with Tom Franks who is
considering taking legal action against Chris Wittwer because of his
refusal to even acknowledge that the files he had on his facebook page
were not his and that he copied and pasted the files… not that they
wanted to stop him, quite the opposite they just wanted due credit for
there work.

It seems that Mr Wittwer no longer want to speak to our site or that
of www.theratbook.com and has had his facebook pages removed once
again.

yachydda’s view on this is that people who take content from another
website that is not related to them and are claiming it as there own
work are in fact putting themselves in a serious possition and make
themselves liable to private legal actions.

yachydda.co.uk and yachydda.com has now withdrawn any offer of a free
website with unlimited bandwidth and space to Mr Chris Wittwer.

http://yachydda.co.uk/blog/2010/05/uk-paedophiles-named-and-shamed-update/

WM

Nigel Oldfield

May 16, 2010, 2:06:36 AM5/16/10
Name-and-shame paedophile site axed

May 16 2010 by Sam Malone, Wales On Sunday

POLICE have ordered that a controversial internet site which named and
shamed nearly 300 Welsh paedophiles be shut down.

The move drew outrage from the mum of one of Wales’ most notorious sex
attacker’s victims, who accused police of protecting child sex
offenders.

The database posted on Facebook by warehouse worker Chris Wittwer
contained the details of 282 child sex offenders currently living in
Wales.

The group, called ‘UK Paedophiles named and shamed’, attracted more
than 18,000 followers and in many cases featured the photographs and
whereabouts of 5,930 sex offenders across Britain.

Chris, 34, spent two and a half years compiling the catalogue.

But police have now removed it because of fears it could lead to
vigilante attacks.

“I’m disappointed it’s been shut down as I haven’t done anything
wrong. All the people on my site are convicted paedophiles and as far
as I’m concerned people should know about them,” he said.

His work has been praised by its thousands of followers, as well as
relatives of paedophile victims. A separate Facebook group has been
created calling for him to be given an OBE.

But Facebook told Wales On Sunday the group was removed after a formal
request from the Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) who ruled
it posed a risk to the public.

Chief constable Paul West, ACPO head of the management of sexual
offenders and violent offenders, said it had carried out a full
assessment of which raised concerns about the potential risk of
significant harm to the public posed by such an uncontrolled site.

“Key risks were identified due to the inevitable inaccuracies of the
information contained in such sites, where information is not provided
by an official source, and the lack of a carefully managed process
around the information being made available to members of the public,”
he said.

“Registered sex offenders in England and Wales are managed robustly as
part of the Multi-Agency Public Protection Arrangements (MAPPA). This
includes assessing risk to members of the public and where they should
be told about offenders in their community, we tell them.”

But the mum of a then three-year-old girl kidnapped from her Cardiff
home and sexually assaulted by Craig Sweeney in 2006, branded the move
“disgusting”.

“It’s just to protect the paedophiles,” she said.

“This chap was trying to protect the public and once again the police
are protecting the paedophiles.

“But there is no protection for the victims at all. It’s terrible.

“It was a site that should have stayed – it was giving people the
chance to protect their kids and now that protection has been taken
away.

“Whatever we try to do against paedophiles will never work because of
‘human rights’.

“What about the victim’s human rights? It’s so unfair.

“The police have to remember there will be more victims because the
police are protecting [paedophiles].

“I’m just gutted about it really. And so what if there are attacks
against paedophiles? No-one likes them. Who cares?

“I’m sorry, but they deserve what they get. Whatever they get is
nothing next to what they put their victims through.

“They should be ashamed of themselves.”

Meanwhile, after last week’s Wales On Sunday report on the Facebook
group, another website, The Rat Book, claims Chris built his database
using its information – something Chris strongly denies.

Tom Franks, of The Rat Book, said: “We contacted Facebook regarding Mr
Wittwer’s pages and explained to them that the information was copied
from our website – 24 hours later, it was all removed.

“Whether Facebook realised this was the truth and decided to do the
right thing, or whether it was the content that was not suitable for
their social networking site, I do not know.

“We always get told that our site and others like it could encourage
vigilante behaviour.

“Please consider this: the information on The Rat Book is not
privately owned by us. It is readily available for anyone to read. We
have simply gathered it, and connected it to our map to make it easier
for our visitors to find.

“Considering that this information is already in the public domain,
how haven’t we seen vigilante groups roaming the streets yelling ‘Kill
all paedos!’”

Chris has vowed to launch an even bigger website.

“It will be based in America, using US servers, so it will be outside
UK jurisdiction,” he said.

“It’s going to be like nothing that’s ever been done before.”

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/2010/05/16/name-and-shame-paedophile-site-axed-91466-26454292/

WM

Dissenter

May 16, 2010, 4:55:38 AM5/16/10
On Sat, 15 May 2010 23:06:36 -0700 (PDT), Nigel Oldfield
<wmcritica...@googlemail.com> wrote:

>Name-and-shame paedophile site axed
>
>May 16 2010 by Sam Malone, Wales On Sunday
>
>POLICE have ordered that a controversial internet site which named and
>shamed nearly 300 Welsh paedophiles be shut down.

[...]

>�We always get told that our site and others like it could encourage

>vigilante behaviour.
>
>�Please consider this: the information on The Rat Book is not
>privately owned by us. It is readily available for anyone to read. We
>have simply gathered it, and connected it to our map to make it easier
>for our visitors to find.
>
>�Considering that this information is already in the public domain,
>how haven�t we seen vigilante groups roaming the streets yelling �Kill

>all paedos!��

That's obviously because the information isn't widely known.

>Chris has vowed to launch an even bigger website.
>
>�It will be based in America, using US servers, so it will be outside
>UK jurisdiction,� he said.
>

>�It�s going to be like nothing that�s ever been done before.�

I thought Facebook was based in the US, or are UK users forced to use
UK servers?

--
Dissenter

Nigel Oldfield

May 16, 2010, 5:11:25 AM5/16/10
> I thought Facebook was based in the US, or are UK users forced to use
> UK servers?
>
> --
> Dissenter

Chris is a little confused about USA-UK police/ISP interactions and
copyright/defamation issues. I have told him.

But, TBH, historical stories, from the media, offer little present
risk ... other than the hate it fosters in the ignorant, fearful and
foolish.

WM

Big Les Wade

May 16, 2010, 6:50:43 AM5/16/10
Nigel Oldfield <wmcritica...@googlemail.com> posted

>> I thought Facebook was based in the US, or are UK users forced to use
>> UK servers?
>>
>> --
>> Dissenter
>
>Chris is a little confused about USA-UK police/ISP interactions and
>copyright/defamation issues.

In this case, so am I. What powers were ACPO using to "order" the site
to be removed? What has it got to do with defamation (which is not a
criminal offence)? Were the pages really taken down because of the
alleged copyright infringement? If so, how did the police become
involved?

--
Les
Criticising the government is not illegal, but often on investigation turns out
to be linked to serious offences.

Nigel Oldfield

May 16, 2010, 7:56:31 AM5/16/10
> In this case, so am I. What powers were ACPO using to "order" the site
> to be removed? What has it got to do with defamation (which is not a
> criminal offence)? Were the pages really taken down because of the
> alleged copyright infringement? If so, how did the police become
> involved?

Not powers, co-operation ...

“Key risks were identified due to the inevitable inaccuracies of the
information contained in such sites, where information is not provided
by an official source, and the lack of a carefully managed process

around the information being made available to members of the public”

The LEAs monitor all SN sites (and will be informed, of course) and
can ask for anything to be removed (see recent Google story on such
requests and actions).

I did not contact ACPO, until after their actions had been carried
out, although I was in discussion with my PPU, on the issues, prior to
it.

I was also active on a number of related groups. Since that time, I
have been banned from FB, as I am 'not eligible' to be a member,
although I am still there, of course (for now).

Defamation and Copyright issues are related, but not the reason for
this decision, it appears (cf to McCann's thread).

WM

Message has been deleted

Nigel Oldfield

May 16, 2010, 10:11:44 AM5/16/10