Mid Week Challenge (Everything)

Tim Miller

Nov 2, 2005, 4:19:22 AM11/2/05
So, how did you all do?

Last week
---------

ONE
Complete mission 23 of Advance Wars: Dual Strike's campaign mode. Only
two missions this week, but that's because they're quite hard now.

Success! But only just - I completed it yesterday. Although I've been
playing quite a lot of the other modes too, so it's not that I've been
struggling. Got my first ever B-rank, though, which was disappointing
(as readers of my Gaming Diary will know)

TWO
Get Sammi into the Nintendogs Disc Competition Championship. I've got
to beat a very high score in the Master Class. But she's been training
in the park, and often runs stright back now without the need for me to
call her.

Success! But I got sent straight back down. 43 points? That's insane!

THREE
Four levels of Sonic Heroes. It's taken me around a year and a half and
a week to do six ...

Success! I did five levels, in fact - including this really odd one
with Amy trying to fight me for some reason, where she just jumped over
me and off the platform, resulting in instant win for me.

So, I am the winnar.

This Week
---------

ONE
Complete mission 25 of Advance Wars: Dual Strike. Two more missions.
I'm wondering how many there are ...

TWO
Progress to the next level of Halo. I can't remember where I am, but I
ought to try and complete this some day.

THREE
Return to Pokemon Sapphire, before I completely forget where I am.

Tim (tm)

The Rev

Nov 2, 2005, 4:25:01 AM11/2/05
Tim Miller wrote:
> So, how did you all do?

I did... poorly.

LAST WEEK

1) Get up to level ten in WoW and get a pet.

Success! I'm at level sixteen now. My server was down last night, so I
created a new orc Shaman and got him up to level three to get my fix.

2) Finish episode three of Phoenix Wright.

Failure! Haven't touched the DS since WoW was resubscribed to.

THIS WEEK

None. I want to do The Writing Challenge That Shall Not Be Named, so
gaming is on hold. Apart from GBA and some WoW. It's hard, though.
Shadow of the Colossus arrive yesterday and Call of Cthulhu and FEAR
arrived this morning. And PES5 is in the post. And I downloaded the GT
Legends demo last night. And... Argh!

So I guess my challenge is not to start Shadow Of The Colossus, FEAR,
PES5 or Call of Cthulhu, however tempted I may be. Gulp. Hardest
challenge ever.

--
Xbox Live Gamertag: Prinny
(You know, like the exploding penguin doods. No?)

Sprite

Nov 2, 2005, 4:55:34 AM11/2/05

"Tim Miller" <ne...@economic-truth.co.uk> wrote in message

> So, how did you all do?
>
> Last week
> ---------
>

> 1) To play The Sims 2 PROPERLY instead of finding a money cheat and
> building an uber house or whatever.

Big fat FAIL. Haven't touched the damn game on account of...

> 2) To give World of Warcraft a good ol' chance and not run away screaming
> when I get confused/overwhelmed :)

PASS PASS PASS MAJOR PASS. I have clocked about 25 hours of this game and
if that's not a good ol' chance then I don't know what is, but it annoyed me
last night with the lag issue so I stopped playing.

One thing that concerns me is that the quests are leaning toward dungeon
dungeon dungeon a fair bit, I hope there's still a good few solo ones around
because I don't want them all to go that way. I think I need to venture far
and wide.

This Week:

WoW: Get my Druid up to level 20.. Get the Sealion form... and have a group
dungeon thingy.

Nintendogs: Try and play it more than once every three days :\ Poor dogs.

--
Sue

Zomoniac

Nov 2, 2005, 5:10:58 AM11/2/05
On 2005-11-02 09:19:22 +0000, Tim Miller <ne...@economic-truth.co.uk> said:

> So, how did you all do?
>
> Last week
> ---------

1) Play a game on PS2!

Success! A mate brought round Buzz! It's pretty good, has its faults,
but I can see future versions being great if they listen to some
constructive criticism.

2) Play Halo 2 on Live for the first time.

Success! Played a few matches, but mostly with a mate on as my guest so
didn't get any ranking improvement. It's ace!

3) Start ICO again!

Failure! I'm ashamed of myself.

4) Install Football Manager 2006

Failure! This was the easiest one as well.

5) Play Midway Arcade Treasures 3

Failure! Or maybe this was?

6) Finish a game. Any game.

Failure! I'm less surprised by this one.

> This Week
> ---------

Carried over from last week:

1) Start ICO again!

2) Install Football Manager 2006

3) Play Midway Arcade Treasures 3

4) Finish a game. Any game

Plus new challenges ahoy!

5) Get at least level 2 on Halo 2 multiplayer

6) See if the Jaguar I bought six months ago actually works

7) NOT BUY ANY GAMES! I bought the Hobbit on PC last week for 34 pence. Why???

--
Zo

Eatin' all our cereals with forks so we could save the milk, do you
remember that? Hm?
Do you remember all those Christmases when yo momma would walk in the
room and pretend she was a tree? Huh? Remember that?

Nathan

Nov 2, 2005, 5:18:34 AM11/2/05
Sprite has fallen from outer space. Launch them back to defend the
planet and maintain peace!!!

> One thing that concerns me is that the quests are leaning toward
> dungeon dungeon dungeon a fair bit, I hope there's still a good few
> solo ones around because I don't want them all to go that way. I
> think I need to venture far and wide.

It does end up a bit like that though sometimes. You do a string of
quests, then all the quests you pick up say dungeon, you either get a group
together or you end up just grinding killing random things until you get a
few more levels and can take on the next area.

There was a mod that I had but for some reason don't now, that shows you
what recommended level each area is, so you can see where you should try
out next.

At your level, if you're not ready to do wailing caverns (though I'd quite
like to give that a go soon) then try the places near undercity.

--
Nathan.
Bow to the Cow!

Nathan

Nov 2, 2005, 5:23:22 AM11/2/05
Tim Miller has fallen from outer space. Launch them back to defend the
planet and maintain peace!!!

> So, how did you all do?
>
> Last week
> ---------

Failed on both accounts.

1) To set up the PS2 and play some FF7. Failed. Just never bothered,
didn't really have the spare gaming time.

2) To get another piece of the wildheart raiment in WoW.

FAILED /cry /sob etc

Darkmaster Gandling was supposed to drop the cowl. We took scholomance
by storm with 6 of us. No wipes at all, a few deaths, but nothing me or
the priest couldn't rez. I got some phat rogue gear, which is good for
feral form I guess and makes me look like NINJA COW but it aint no
wildheart.

3) Okay, so I didn't set this as a challenge but I got over 850,000 in
lumines, and got through to lights TWICE. On the third run I think I got
about 3 or 4 skins in, but it was confusing as it randomises a third time
round. This makes me believe that 999,999 is achievable, but I don't
want the pressures of making that a MWC.

> This Week
> ---------

1) Get a piece of wildheart raiment.

2) get Friesian old enough so a group of us can take on ragefire chasm,
but Wailing Caverns is a bit optimistic I think.

I make no promises for any other challenges, as it's too much pressure,
and at least with the wildheart stuff it's not for want of trying, it's
down to my own bloody bad luck.

Sprite

Nov 2, 2005, 5:26:14 AM11/2/05

"Nathan" <cowf...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Yup there's a map at www.worldofwar.net under the cartography section that
has the levels & flight paths. (thanks Ste) I was going to head off toward
Undercity - the purdy guide suggested similar ;)

We should sort out the Wailing Caverns thing too though! Michael you up for
it? :)

--
Sue

Sprite

Nov 2, 2005, 5:28:07 AM11/2/05

"Sprite" <sue.k...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

And the Ragefire thingy.

Oooh the excitement!

Last night I started fishing and some twig decided to swim onto my hook so I
couldn't click it
:( He said I was sick.. or something. Weird. I told him to come back when
he wants some yummy fish meals cooked for him to heal him up.

--
Sue

S:MS:M

Nov 2, 2005, 5:27:55 AM11/2/05

> 7) NOT BUY ANY GAMES! I bought the Hobbit on PC last week for 34 pence.
> Why???
>

> --
> Zo

Because it goes on eBay for about a fiver and therefore you can make a
profit?

S:MS:M

Michael Cargill

Nov 2, 2005, 5:24:34 AM11/2/05

> TWO
> Progress to the next level of Halo. I can't remember where I am, but I
> ought to try and complete this some day.

I have done both games on Legendary, so I guess I have completed this one by
default.

Chris Whitworth

Nov 2, 2005, 5:44:28 AM11/2/05
Last week
---------

1) Finish this damned poisoning quest series in WoW.

Success! In fact, I got a second animang form as well - an almost completely
useless seacow! Actually, thinking about it, if I was only on the poisoning
quest last week, I must've spent an *awful* lot of time playing WoW this week.
Eep.

2) Play lots of games because the girlfriend is away for the week.

Success! I stayed in all day saturday and played WoW. And Advance Wars DS. I
have no life.

This week
---------

1) At least start the cat form quest. This will also require me levelling up
20 at some point, but that's only 2 levels, right?

2) Persevere with Advance Wars DS and not get all angry and hissy with it like
I did with GBA Advance Wars. Specifically, complete up to mission 12.

3) Find some time for games in amongst the absurd amount of work I have to
do this week.

Chris
--
"back when I was young, we had to travel back in time to put the tape
in so the game would load before we died."

Nathan

Nov 2, 2005, 5:50:25 AM11/2/05
Chris Whitworth has fallen from outer space. Launch them back to defend

the planet and maintain peace!!!

> 1) At least start the cat form quest. This will also require me

> levelling up 20 at some point, but that's only 2 levels, right?

There's a catform quest now? Ahhh man blizzard I hate you.

In my day you just "bought" catform. Bearform was a great quest, but then
buying catform seemed like such a gyp.

I didn't mind so much, because catform is ace. It's even acer in recent
patches than it was originally too.

Chris Whitworth

Nov 2, 2005, 5:55:34 AM11/2/05
On 2005-11-02, Nathan <cowf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Chris Whitworth has fallen from outer space. Launch them back to defend
> the planet and maintain peace!!!
>
>> 1) At least start the cat form quest. This will also require me
>> levelling up 20 at some point, but that's only 2 levels, right?
>
> There's a catform quest now? Ahhh man blizzard I hate you.

It is apparently long and difficult, too. Bear in mind I'm Night Elf, not
Tauren, so it may be different.

> In my day you just "bought" catform. Bearform was a great quest, but then
> buying catform seemed like such a gyp.

There was a lot of to-ing and fro-ing in bearform, and it really wasn't that
difficult, either (once I got the hang of killing moonkin). Satisfying, though,
and bear form rules for close-combat. Demoralising roar is dead handy.

> I didn't mind so much, because catform is ace. It's even acer in recent
> patches than it was originally too.

Yeah, I've been with a druid in catform in a few fights, and it made me
envious.

Nathan

Nov 2, 2005, 6:04:05 AM11/2/05
Chris Whitworth has fallen from outer space. Launch them back to defend
the planet and maintain peace!!!

> Yeah, I've been with a druid in catform in a few fights, and it made me
> envious.

Cat form is a bit of a 'swiss army knife' form as well.

You get dash which, at the highest rank is about 15 or so seconds of speed
(as fast as a mount) but you can use it indoors, so it's good for getting
around.

plus - STEALTH

Stealth is the most useful thing ever and is soooo useful for soloing
quests. When you have to kill a single person, you can stealth to the
person and cut him to shreds, and not have to worry about all the other
trivial mobs (except I guess that's less XP, but, still)

There's a quest where you have to light these things, but it's an elite
quest because next to each thing is an elite mob. Except I just stealthed
past him lit the things and stealthed off again.

It does quite a fair bit of damage, I'd like to know how a catform that's
specced in feral talents compares to a moonkin form that's specced in
balance, becuase I do waaay more damage with spells than catform, but
catform is still fast and good at cancelling spellcasters, plus there's no
downtime (cos you don't have to use up mana).

Also it's good at not getting aggro, cower is really useful for letting the
tank keep the aggro while you do all the damage.

Bah I want to play WoW now, not have to wait till later.

James Luff

Nov 2, 2005, 6:18:25 AM11/2/05
Tim Miller wrote:
> So, how did you all do?

LAST WEEK
=========

1) To complete the remaining missions for Sweet on GTA : SA. Now that I know
I wasn't on the last mission before, I'm determined to get this out of the
way before GTA : LCS arrived from VG+ which was posted today. The race is
on!

SUCCESS! I have a completion percentage of 89% and all story missions
passed.

2) Not allow myself to play GTA : LCS until I complete GTA : SA.

SUCCESS! This turned out to be very easy because I had completed GTA : SA
before LCS arrived.

THIS WEEK
=========

1) To get my completion percentage up to 95% on GTA : SA.... could be tough
I have nasty side missions left. I am not predicting a pass on this one but
I'll give it a shot - after all my challenges last week were a bit pathetic
so I thought I'd try something a little more demanding!

2) To convince myself I don't really want PES5 or Football Manager '06. If I
buy them I will never play them!

3) Play something on my DS, it has been seriously neglected for the past
fortnight.

--
regards, James Luff
remove 'nospam' to e-mail

Sprite

Nov 2, 2005, 6:36:57 AM11/2/05

> Chris Whitworth has fallen from outer space. Launch them back to defend
> the planet and maintain peace!!!
>

> Bah I want to play WoW now, not have to wait till later.

Me too :( I want the kitty cat.

--
Sue

Chris Whitworth

Nov 2, 2005, 7:02:58 AM11/2/05
On 2005-11-02, Nathan <cowf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It does quite a fair bit of damage, I'd like to know how a catform that's
> specced in feral talents compares to a moonkin form that's specced in
> balance, becuase I do waaay more damage with spells than catform, but
> catform is still fast and good at cancelling spellcasters, plus there's no
> downtime (cos you don't have to use up mana).

Find a trainer, unlearn your talents and respec yourself and find out! Then
let us all know :)

Alastair Foster

Nov 2, 2005, 7:18:06 AM11/2/05
> Darkmaster Gandling was supposed to drop the cowl. We took scholomance
> by storm with 6 of us. No wipes at all, a few deaths, but nothing me or
> the priest couldn't rez. I got some phat rogue gear, which is good for
> feral form I guess and makes me look like NINJA COW but it aint no
> wildheart.

You are lucky i already have the Shadowcraft Cap or i would reach
through the internet and slap you :p

Nathan

Nov 2, 2005, 7:18:41 AM11/2/05
Chris Whitworth has fallen from outer space. Launch them back to defend
the planet and maintain peace!!!

> Find a trainer, unlearn your talents and respec yourself and find out!

> Then let us all know :)

bah but I'm on my second respec. I mean that only means it costs 2g which
is nothing but I don't like to make a habit of doing it willy nilly,
because it goes something like 5g, 10g, 20g, and 50g thereafter, it ends up
being a lot just to "have a see"

Feral specced, to me says "selfish specced". No matter how much I'd want
to, people wouldn't let me take a warriors place as tank in bearform, and
it's not worth (IMO) putting all those points in the increased threat stuff
just to be an off tank (when I can do a fine job as it is)

and cat form is just fun for me but doesn't help anyone else as much. Well
maybe moonkin form doesn't help anyone much, but it's too fun to get rid of
at the moment. Also even though moonkin doesn't have the HP of the bear,
it has the same armour, so it can still act as "tank-mage" which is
actually something completely different from any other class at the moment
AFAIK

Nathan

Nov 2, 2005, 7:20:23 AM11/2/05
Alastair Foster has fallen from outer space. Launch them back to defend
the planet and maintain peace!!!

> You are lucky i already have the Shadowcraft Cap or i would reach

> through the internet and slap you :p

Well, there were no rogues in the group, and I was the only one in the
group that wears leather.

I'm tempted to buy some of the BOE shadowcraft stuff if I see it on the AH
though, it really is the best thing I've come across yet for feral forms.

Tim Miller

Nov 2, 2005, 7:57:22 AM11/2/05
Er, you're meant to set your own challenges, not steal other people's!

Tim (tm)

Alastair Foster

Nov 2, 2005, 8:08:17 AM11/2/05

Nathan wrote:
> Alastair Foster has fallen from outer space. Launch them back to defend
> the planet and maintain peace!!!
>
> > You are lucky i already have the Shadowcraft Cap or i would reach
> > through the internet and slap you :p
>
> Well, there were no rogues in the group, and I was the only one in the
> group that wears leather.
>
> I'm tempted to buy some of the BOE shadowcraft stuff if I see it on the AH
> though, it really is the best thing I've come across yet for feral forms.

Hehe its okay i know SC stuff is ace for Feral spec druids. I was just
commenting that i would be horribly jealous of it :p

I was in near tears yesterday when i found the Shadowcraft Bracers in
AH for 10g.

Probably the best bargain evar! They are supposedly the hardest part to
get and barely drop from Scholo. The amount of time i have been to
Scholo to see if itpdropped made my eyes bleed. There there is was...
horribly horribly underpriced :)

BombayMix

Nov 2, 2005, 8:09:36 AM11/2/05
>1) Get up to level ten in WoW and get a pet.

>Success! I'm at level sixteen now. My server was down last night, so I
>created a new orc Shaman and got him up to level three to get my fix.

Ah I had problems too. I went back to playing my alliance toons on
Thunderhorn, never seem to have problems with that.

Mal Franks

Nov 2, 2005, 8:39:39 AM11/2/05
In article <stcm33-...@dekay.dynu.com>, ne...@economic-truth.co.uk
says...

None last week so

> This Week
> ---------
>
> ONE

Play a game that isn't Dark Age Of Camelot

Nathan

Nov 2, 2005, 8:40:27 AM11/2/05
Alastair Foster has fallen from outer space. Launch them back to defend
the planet and maintain peace!!!

>> Well, there were no rogues in the group, and I was the only one in

>> the group that wears leather.
>>
>> I'm tempted to buy some of the BOE shadowcraft stuff if I see it on
>> the AH though, it really is the best thing I've come across yet for
>> feral forms.
>>

> Hehe its okay i know SC stuff is ace for Feral spec druids. I was just
> commenting that i would be horribly jealous of it :p

I'm lucky in that the people I usually team up with, none of them are
rogues so I can claim all the leather stuff for myself, whatever it is and
I've got a fairly good rogue / tank kit at the moment. I'm so tempted to
spec to feral for the hell of it but I will miss the moonkin disco dance
too much.

Nathan

Nov 2, 2005, 8:53:21 AM11/2/05
Mal Franks has fallen from outer space. Launch them back to defend the
planet and maintain peace!!!

> Play a game that isn't Dark Age Of Camelot

Best to keep it realistic, mate :)

Cthulhu mang

Nov 2, 2005, 9:28:17 AM11/2/05

danhewitt

Nov 2, 2005, 9:55:01 AM11/2/05
Last week:

1) complete my first season on football manager 06 witht the intention
of getting stoke into the premiership at the first time of asking.

Fail!! couldnt get into this game at all this week only managing the
odd match here and there namely because of the other 2 challenges.

2) get pro evo 5 out of my PS2 and play a different game. in fact go a
day without playing on it.

Pass Woooo!! Managed this one thanks to challenge 3 and being out of my
house for 24 hours with only my psp for gaming company

3) buy another game for my PSP because i only have 2 games for it and
need to be playing it a lot more. Any suggestions? i already own
mercury and mlb

Pass - went for Ape Accademy and appears a cracking time to while away
gaming hours without having to really think to hard about what you are
doing in all that serious a manner. Bit like Mario Party but with
monkeys

This week:

1) carried over from last week - complete my first season on football
manager 06 witht the intention
of getting stoke into the premiership at the first time of asking.

2) just bought Rome Total War and am putting in some real time in on so
hoping to take over all of Italy. Not much i know but as if the battles
arnt hard enough keeping control of your cities is a nightmare.

3) try and complete THPS American Wasteland. pretty good game and have
always managed to complete the others within a week and one within the
day of purchase so this should be doable.

Dan

BombayMix

Nov 2, 2005, 10:17:07 AM11/2/05
>> Play a game that isn't Dark Age Of Camelot

>Best to keep it realistic, mate :)

He didn't day for how long!! Could play it while DAoC is loading!

BombayMix

Nov 2, 2005, 10:29:01 AM11/2/05
>> One thing that concerns me is that the quests are leaning toward
>> dungeon dungeon dungeon a fair bit, I hope there's still a good few
>> solo ones around because I don't want them all to go that way. I
>> think I need to venture far and wide.

>It does end up a bit like that though sometimes. You do a string of
>quests, then all the quests you pick up say dungeon, you either get a group
>together or you end up just grinding killing random things until you get a
>few more levels and can take on the next area.

I didn't find that on the alliance side. You certainly got quests for
them but I always had more then enough quests. If you are running out
in one area trying looking in another. The game has multiple zones of
the same level so you should never run out of quests.

[ste parker]

Nov 2, 2005, 10:32:58 AM11/2/05
Sprite wrote:
> "Tim Miller" <ne...@economic-truth.co.uk> wrote in message
>
>>So, how did you all do?
>>
>>Last week
>>---------
>>

>>1) To play The Sims 2 PROPERLY instead of finding a money cheat and
>>building an uber house or whatever.
>

> Big fat FAIL. Haven't touched the damn game on account of...
>

>>2) To give World of Warcraft a good ol' chance and not run away screaming
>>when I get confused/overwhelmed :)
>

> PASS PASS PASS MAJOR PASS. I have clocked about 25 hours of this game and
> if that's not a good ol' chance then I don't know what is, but it annoyed me
> last night with the lag issue so I stopped playing.

> One thing that concerns me is that the quests are leaning toward dungeon
> dungeon dungeon a fair bit, I hope there's still a good few solo ones around
> because I don't want them all to go that way. I think I need to venture far
> and wide.

If you're referring about various quests involving mines near Thunder
Bluff, or similar in The Barrens then just ignore them and get on with
something else instead!

--
[ste]
This week's ebay, games & other bits 'n' bobs

Mal Franks

Nov 2, 2005, 10:36:09 AM11/2/05
In article <Xns97028D50...@130.133.1.18>, cowf...@gmail.com
says...

> Mal Franks has fallen from outer space. Launch them back to defend the
> planet and maintain peace!!!
>
> > Play a game that isn't Dark Age Of Camelot
>
> Best to keep it realistic, mate :)

I suppose :)

Mal Franks

Nov 2, 2005, 10:36:39 AM11/2/05
bomb...@altavista.co.uk says...

> >> Play a game that isn't Dark Age Of Camelot
>
> >Best to keep it realistic, mate :)
>
> He didn't day for how long!! Could play it while DAoC is loading!

That could work, minesweeper on easy mode.

[ste parker]

Nov 2, 2005, 10:37:28 AM11/2/05
Sprite wrote:

> And the Ragefire thingy.
>
> Oooh the excitement!

I found Ragefire to be bloody hard, I had a few quests in there but when
I finally felt able to go in (prob. about L18-20 with 3 or 4 L12-14
characters) all the quests I had that terminated there were a bit
worthless to me by then.

[ste parker]

Nov 2, 2005, 10:43:32 AM11/2/05
Sprite wrote:

> Yup there's a map at www.worldofwar.net under the cartography section that
> has the levels & flight paths. (thanks Ste) I was going to head off toward
> Undercity - the purdy guide suggested similar ;)
>
> We should sort out the Wailing Caverns thing too though! Michael you up for
> it? :)

I did Mulgore, then to the Barrens (spent aaages there), briefly into
Ashenvale & Stonetalon Mountains then to Durotar (but I was too high
level by then for there to be much of use outside Orgrimmar), over to
Tirisfal Glades (same again), through Silverpine Forest where I had a
brief peek in Shadowfang Keep and got killed almost everytime I set foot
in it, round to Hillsbrad Foothills, then back to Ashenvale for a bit.
Almost all of that was spent on my own quests, or just killing mobs &
levelling, probably spent 2/3 of my month in Mulgore/Barrens then I
realised just how much there was and that I'd seen bugger all of it!

Nathan

Nov 2, 2005, 10:59:10 AM11/2/05
BombayMix has fallen from outer space. Launch them back to defend the
planet and maintain peace!!!

> I didn't find that on the alliance side. You certainly got quests for

> them but I always had more then enough quests.

I think it's different for alliance. I'm told you guys have it a lot easier
in terms of quests. of course, it's hard to know if that's true or just
horde self-pity.

> If you are running out
> in one area trying looking in another. The game has multiple zones of
> the same level so you should never run out of quests.

At certain points, especially 50-60, I completely disagree with the above.
At least, *soloable* quests anyway.

I mean maybe it's true if you go through thottbot checking you have every
single quest there is, but for 'normal' play (i.e. not searching every nook
and cranny of the game manually or referring to a guide) it's just not
true, maybe different for alliance, but certainly for horde.

BombayMix

Nov 2, 2005, 11:52:00 AM11/2/05
>> If you are running out
>> in one area trying looking in another. The game has multiple zones of
>> the same level so you should never run out of quests.

>At certain points, especially 50-60, I completely disagree with the above.
>At least, *soloable* quests anyway.

Well yes it's a given at high level you are going to run pout of
things to do. From that I've seen the Alliance side there's a
natural progression of zones for each starting point.

For instance Human's start near Stormwinds, then go to zone outside
(Goldshire?) then West....something, then Redridge, then Darkshore when
out into one of the many contested zones.

The pattern is mirrored for Night Elfs, and Gnomes & Dwarfs starting
points. It seems exactly the same on the Horde side.

Assume Sprite is running around near Thunder Buff try going to where
the undead started point or up near the top of the Orc/Taruen starting
continent.

The game has zones of zones with overlapping lvl ranges, so hunt around
and should find something to do.

Sprite

Nov 2, 2005, 12:02:54 PM11/2/05

"BombayMix" <bomb...@altavista.co.uk> wrote in message

I'm bumbling around in The Barrens at the moment, lvl 16. I'm going to head
over to Silverpine Forest I think :)

--
Sue

Dr. Boggis

Nov 2, 2005, 1:04:38 PM11/2/05
In article <stcm33-...@dekay.dynu.com>,
Tim Miller <ne...@economic-truth.co.uk> wrote:

> So, how did you all do?

Not too bad! I didn't set myself anything too difficult, but I passed
two and failed two.

>Last week:

>Have a proper go at GTA:LCS - so far it seems like just a handheld
>GTA3. A few missions and side quests should give
>confirmation/refutation.

Success - it's great, actually. I'm over the disappointment of having a
familiar city and getting into the missions and general mayhem now.

>Do some more Nintendogging - it's just not something I'd do in public,
>since talking to my DS makes me feel silly. And I can't even do it
>while the missus is watching telly, as I make too much noise.

Success - Bollox has won an obedience competition, and an agility trial,
and got a prize in the frisbee contest too. Good boy.

>Play Shadow of the Colossus, if it arrives (shipped today).

Failure - but only because it didn't arrive.

>Play We Love Katamari if SotC doesn't turn up.

Partial failure - I was going to start WLK but thought I should do a few
more things on the original first, so I played that instead!

THIS WEEK:

Get up to 15% complete in GTA:LCS. I'm only on 8% but it shouldn't be
too hard, just have to concentrate on missions instead of mucking about.

Start Hard Campaign on AW:DS. Starting it will be easy enough, finishing
it might be weeks away.

Finish Katamari Damacy so I can start We Love Katamari.
--
-Take out Ron to reply-
My games blog: http://bloggisgames.blogspot.com

Pessimist

Nov 2, 2005, 3:52:49 PM11/2/05

> So, how did you all do?
>
> Last week
> ---------

Some stupid Light Kick/Light Punch idea. Bollocks to that.

> This Week
> ---------

To get a hole-in-one in Everybody's Golf.

-P

Russell Marks

Nov 2, 2005, 4:15:06 PM11/2/05
Tim Miller <ne...@economic-truth.co.uk> wrote:

> So, how did you all do?
>
> Last week
> ---------

Getting true-jedi on all levels in Lego Star Wars - done, and I didn't
need invincibility as it turned out. Which was handy, as I still
haven't unlocked it. :-) Bit disappointed with the bonus for doing all
this though, IMHO they should have unlocked that just for going
through the game normally (which would have made more sense anyway).

Finish off BG&E - done. *So* many annoying stealth bits, and a
ridiculously over-long endgame (which dragged on for hours) with a
very annoying final boss. A seriously overrated game if you ask me.

Unlocking at least one pro-rider video in Downhill Domination - not
done. Well, I had actually done one already (which I forgot about),
but I haven't played the game at all since the last MWC.

Not buying any games this week - done, surprisingly enough. But I
really had to force myself to stay off ebay, I think I would have
caved otherwise.

> This Week
> ---------

Finish off the crash junctions in Burnout 3. I think I'm about halfway
through at the moment having just finished the "third lap", so several
hours of grabbing "x4" powerups left I suspect...

Get some practice in on the Speccy Tour games, if they're announced
before the next MWC. (Some already seem near-certain though, e.g. Bomb
Jack and Hypersports.)

-Rus.

Nathan

Nov 2, 2005, 7:18:55 PM11/2/05
Nathan has fallen from outer space. Launch them back to defend the planet
and maintain peace!!!

> 1) Get a piece of wildheart raiment.

THIS ONE ALREADY DONE!!

Spaulders dropped tonight. I'm a happy tauren, they look ace.

Nils Tanner

Nov 4, 2005, 12:34:19 AM11/4/05
Why is a mushroom called mushroom? As usual, Tim Miller
<ne...@economic-truth.co.uk> got it all completely wrong and wrote:

Last Week

>1) To decide whether I should flog Planescape Torment or not.

Well. I reached a decision. I don't really like the game at the
moment. So off it goes. At least of the HD

>2) As I bought a Dreamscast with 18 games for approx £40, I'd quite
>like to find out whether all the games actually work. This seems to be
>a very easy task, but as I know quite a few games already I might be
>tempted to replay them. Such as Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Grandia
>II....or Shenmue II. I think I got quite a deal there...

As mentioned earlier, I want my money back! So Fail

Subchallenge: Get my money back:

FAIL!

>3) To complete the first disc of Tales of Symphonia. I have no idea
>how long it'll take me to get there. My girlfriend is quite ahead of
>me, and she's still on the first disc, too...

Pass! I completed the entire game, so...

New challenges:

1) Start some EBay auctions
2) Get gold on all the easy and medium songs in Donkey Konga