burglar alarms

Louis Therooo

Sep 19, 2002, 5:36:33 AM9/19/02
Can anyone recommend good DIY wired burglar alarms, particularly any with
auto dialler facility or add-on unit.
Are there any good i-net resources for type of system of fitting info.

Louis

Neil

Sep 19, 2002, 7:25:45 AM9/19/02

"Louis Therooo" <thecu...@talk21.com> wrote in message

> Can anyone recommend good DIY wired burglar alarms, particularly any with
> auto dialler facility or add-on unit.
> Are there any good i-net resources for type of system of fitting info.

Texecom are very reliable. I've fitted their Veritas R8 panel without
problem. Good helpline for registered installers.

Neil
> Louis

Louis Therooo

Sep 19, 2002, 7:45:10 AM9/19/02
i was looking at their website, looks good,
do you know of any online retailers who distribute their stuff?
all texecom gave me was my nearest elec. wholesaler

"Neil" <ne...@g1hsg.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

Milford

Sep 19, 2002, 8:09:43 AM9/19/02

> i was looking at their website, looks good,
> do you know of any online retailers who distribute their stuff?
> all texecom gave me was my nearest elec. wholesaler

Anyone is able to use an electrical wholesaler, just treat them as a normal
shop, i always recommend Scantronic alarm panels, British made and very
reliable.
I would fit the 500 range wireless, battery life in the detectors in excess
of 24 months, simple to fit and very very stable.

tony sayer

Sep 19, 2002, 8:45:14 AM9/19/02
In article <amceof$4gejh$1...@ID-89874.news.dfncis.de>, Milford
<Quaz...@hotmail.com> writes

Have a look on this site for one. IIRC it will phone you up so as you
can eavesdrop on what's happening on site and IIRC you can talk back to
them!...

http://www.pyronix.co.uk/
--

Tony Sayer

Bancom Communications Ltd U.K. Tel+44 1223 566577 Fax+44 1223 566588

P.O. Box 280, Cambridge, England, CB2 2DY E-Mail to...@bancom.co.uk

TL447-553 52* 10.57'N 0* 6.96 E

M Millar

Sep 19, 2002, 1:16:00 PM9/19/02
I got that one - its actually quite good - but if you have any internal
sirens then you can be snookered for listening in. However, the relays on
board do mean you can turn them off if they are wired to the vocaliser.

Pop over to uk.tech.electronic-security for adive on alarms.

--
Regards

M Millar
Remove Spam Trap To Reply
"tony sayer" <to...@bancom.co.uk> wrote in message

Fergus McMenemie

Sep 20, 2002, 2:58:36 AM9/20/02
Milford <Quaz...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Anyone is able to use an electrical wholesaler, just treat them as a normal
> shop, i always recommend Scantronic alarm panels, British made and very
> reliable.
> I would fit the 500 range wireless, battery life in the detectors in excess
> of 24 months, simple to fit and very very stable.

My Scantronic has just failed, lightning I think. The price of a
'modern' scantronic replacement was very high.

Ł70 Texecom Premier 816
Ł187 Scantronic 9751

Is the Scantronic 2.5 times better? And of course this price is just for
starters.
--
Fergus McMenemie Email:fer...@twig.demon.co.uk.
Technical Basis Phone:(UK) 07721 376021

Unix/Mac/Intranets Analyst Programmer

Andrew Gabriel

Sep 20, 2002, 4:50:29 AM9/20/02
In article <amc6aa$4il5g$1...@id-89874.news.dfncis.de>,

"Louis Therooo" <thecu...@talk21.com> writes:
> Can anyone recommend good DIY wired burglar alarms, particularly any with
> auto dialler facility or add-on unit.

You might look at Comfort. If you _only_ want what you list above,
then it's going to be relatively expensive. However, if any of the
other features it contains such as home-automation, dial-in,
remote control (through dial-in or dial-out, suitably protected of
course and can be configured for anything between limited or full
access per user), answer-phone with separate mailboxes for each user,
X10 (optional extra), etc are of interest, then it's an excellent
package.

http://www.comfort.org.uk

However, it's power comes with some inevitable complexity. The
unit comes preprogrammed which will get most installations up and
going quickly, but you will need to write some simple programming
sequences if you wish to customise features which is typical of
home-automation usage and more complex alarm sequencing. If you
are a totally non-computing person, this system isn't for you as
as D.I.Y. task. Professional installation is available, but the
system was designed to be D.I.Y. installable for people with a
technical background.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Consultant Software Engineer