Sebo vacuum cleaners

R D S

Jan 18, 2011, 2:14:04 PM1/18/11
Her indoors is looking at a sebo vacuum cleaner, in particular a X4.

I thought this would be a good place to ask for opinions on them.

Ta,
Rick

dennis@home

Jan 18, 2011, 2:28:20 PM1/18/11

"R D S" <rsa...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Her indoors is looking at a sebo vacuum cleaner, in particular a X4.
>
> I thought this would be a good place to ask for opinions on them.

Don't think the bags are expensive.. I have been using my X4 for over a year
and have just fitted the third bag.
They do make the machine heavier when they are getting full, they hold
several kilos of cr@p.

Nick

Jan 18, 2011, 2:34:27 PM1/18/11

"dennis@home" <den...@killspam.kicks-ass.net> wrote in message
<snip>

Don't think the bags are expensive.. I have been using my X4 for over a year
> and have just fitted the third bag.
> They do make the machine heavier when they are getting full, they hold
> several kilos of cr@p.

Errm, isn't that what they are supposed to do?

The Medway Handyman

Jan 18, 2011, 3:08:38 PM1/18/11

Sebo commercial machines are the absolute mutts nuts, deffo the best on
the market. I assume this extends to their DIY stuff as well.

Dave

Skipweasel

Jan 18, 2011, 4:20:34 PM1/18/11
In article <8pm74c...@mid.individual.net>, rsa...@yahoo.com says...

> Her indoors is looking at a sebo vacuum cleaner, in particular a X4.

We have a Sebo at school. I'm not sure what model, but looking around
for pictures it appears to be an X1 or related.

It's OK - appears very solidly made, doesn't have any glaring design
annoyances, but the cleaning performance is nothing exceptional. I mean
- it sucks, and the dirt goes away, but then that (mostly) happens with
any well maintained cleaner of reasonable quality.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

John

Jan 18, 2011, 5:15:57 PM1/18/11
"dennis@home" <den...@killspam.kicks-ass.net> wrote in message

Surely they should be emptied before it gets noticeable. The air needs to
get out of the bag - it's a filter,. Having crud in the bag reduces the flow
no matter how good the machine might be.

TMC

Jan 18, 2011, 5:38:08 PM1/18/11

"Huge" <Hu...@nowhere.much.invalid> wrote in message

> On 2011-01-18, R D S <rsa...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Her indoors is looking at a sebo vacuum cleaner, in particular a X4.
>>
>> I thought this would be a good place to ask for opinions on them.
>
> We have an X1 which is an absolutely brilliant bit of kit. Strongly
> recommended.

Had an x1 for years well designed no frills cleans very well brilliant

Regards

Message has been deleted

dennis@home

Jan 19, 2011, 4:35:03 AM1/19/11

"John" <Who90...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

Not by a noticeable amount it isn't.
The bags do what they say and fill from the bottom.
The machine will tell you when its suffering a lack of airflow and then you
can change it (if you don't the machine will stop).
They are always full to the top (I only have a small sample size).
If you suck up damp stuff you will have to change it if it smells, they do a
carbon filter to replace the HEPA one if you have pets and smells are likely
(not that pet owners ever notice how much their pets stink).

Graham.

Jan 19, 2011, 6:11:07 AM1/19/11

>> Surely they should be emptied before it gets noticeable. The air needs to
>> get out of the bag - it's a filter,. Having crud in the bag reduces the flow
>> no matter how good the machine might be.
>
> The X1 has a "replace bag" light.

My car has one of those for the oil.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Janet Tweedy

Jan 19, 2011, 2:32:48 PM1/19/11
In article <ih4pki$nc1$1...@news.datemas.de>, "dennis@home"
<den...@killspam.kicks-ass.net> writes

>Don't think the bags are expensive.. I have been using my X4 for over a
>year and have just fitted the third bag.
>They do make the machine heavier when they are getting full, they hold
>several kilos of cr@p.

Blimey! Either yo don't have pets or very little dirt! I do use more
bags than you but I would recommend Sebo every time. Much better than
Miele even the cat and dog one and they are really expensive to get bags
for.
I buy the Sebo bags online and generally find them much cheaper than in
the shops.
Only trouble with the Sebo is the fact that they can topple easily if
you are pulling it along using the hose.

Easy to unblock, easy to change bags and filter and disentangle if
something has got stuck in the brush head.

You may also be able to find a decent priced Sebo online.

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Amersham Gardening Association

ARWadsworth

Jan 19, 2011, 2:47:51 PM1/19/11

Dennis has never accepted the laws of physics.

--
Adam

rbel

Jan 19, 2011, 4:49:48 PM1/19/11
On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 19:14:04 -0000, R D S <rsa...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Her indoors is looking at a sebo vacuum cleaner, in particular a X4.
>
> I thought this would be a good place to ask for opinions on them.

We have their Felix Premium unit - SWMBO would recommend.

--

rbel