Gas hobs on propane

Andrew Mawson

Jan 17, 2011, 6:19:28 AM1/17/11
Need to install a gas hob in a utilty room, but no mains gas. Are the
majority of 'normal' hobs re-jettable for propane - indeed do they
need re-jetting?

AWEM

Adrian Brentnall

Jan 17, 2011, 7:25:07 AM1/17/11
I've installed a couple of gas hobs in the past - and they've all
required re-jetting for Calor gas (the alternative jets came with the hob).
There's also a screw adjustment (in the ones I did it was either beside
the control shafts or actually down inside the control shafts - fiddly!)
that has to be set after the jets have been changed....

Adrian

Clive George

Jan 17, 2011, 9:27:23 AM1/17/11
On 17/01/2011 11:19, Andrew Mawson wrote:

Need rejetting, and I think the choice may be smaller - need to make
sure when you get it.

nicknoxx

Jan 17, 2011, 4:53:01 PM1/17/11
On 17/01/2011 11:19, Andrew Mawson wrote:

Every cooker I've encountered can be re-jetted. You'll need a different
(red stripe) flexible hose too.