Cutting coloured concrete slabs

<M>

Aug 12, 2008, 5:01:39 PM8/12/08

Has anyone cut coloured concrete slabs with an angle grinder before?
If so did the aggregate in the concrete detract from the overall
finish?

I'm just wondering as I may have to cut down some coping stones to a
more suitable width and wanted to know if i'd be wasting my time.

Cheers,

<M>

A.Lee

Aug 12, 2008, 5:59:44 PM8/12/08
<M> <m_di...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Has anyone cut coloured concrete slabs with an angle grinder before?

Many times.

> If so did the aggregate in the concrete detract from the overall
> finish?

Not really, though I cant recall leaving a cut face showing, as no
matter how good you are cutting them, they will not be perfectly
straight, and will have grinder marks on the face.

Alan.

Dave Plowman (News)

Aug 12, 2008, 6:39:15 PM8/12/08
In article
<62195775-f831-4105...@2g2000hsn.googlegroups.com>,
<M> <m_di...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,

I cut some with my Plasplugs tile cutter and got a beautiful near polished
edge which looked far better than the real surface. ;-) It was roughly the
same colour too - they were red ones. I'd guess it might vary according to
the construction/colour, though.

--
*I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

To e-mail, change noise into sound.