Ladies and Gentlemen, I present....

Grimly Curmudgeon

Oct 13, 2008, 12:17:48 PM10/13/08
... a new concept in small en-suite fittings.

While watching some episode of 'Home Impoverishment' this morning, I was
struck by the tininess of the space the homeowner wanted to install an
en-suite into. It occurred to me, not for the first time, how convenient
and space-saving it would be for thousands of home-owners to be able to
fit everything needed in an en-suite into a small space without the need
for separate units.

To this end I came up with...

The Sh'Tower.

The Sh'Tower combines the function of toilet and shower cubicle, and
comes in two versions.

1. The Cheap One. Inspired by the Long Drop and Thunderbox traditional
shitters used in many parts of the Third World. It will come with a
simple bog seat hinged onto the side of the cubicle and a short funnel
arrangement underneath to direct waste to a 100mm hole in the shower
tray - an enlargement of the traditional shower drain, but otherwise
fairly conventional. The soil pipe would be 115mm and would have to be
fairly steeply angled so might not be suitable for many homes. New
builds mostly, I would think. There are some disadvantages to the Cheap
One, main one being shite on the toes.

2. The Upmarket One. Appealing to those who like a bit of technology in
their lives. A fold-away toilet within the cubicle, made of rip-stop
nylon underneath a conventional bog seat, will direct the waste to a
Saniflo unit built into the back of the cubicle, and the waste will then
be pumped via a 2" pipe to the nearest soil stack.

On the other side of the cubicle will be a fold-down basin for normal
quickie ablutions, thus providing the three-in-one functions of most
en-suites.
--
Dave
GS850x2 XS650 SE6a

"It's a moron working with power tools.
How much more suspenseful can you get?"
- House

NOSP...@gmail.com

Oct 13, 2008, 1:16:29 PM10/13/08

Why do you need a seat in the first one ...Just use the old European
thing with the hole in the floor and the footplate things either side
....have a mirror as well and you can shave in the shower so no need
for a w/h basin ..more space saved .

Grimly Curmudgeon

Oct 13, 2008, 1:29:55 PM10/13/08
drugs began to take hold. I remember NOSP...@gmail.com saying
something like:

>Why do you need a seat in the first one ...Just use the old European
>thing with the hole in the floor and the footplate things either side
>....have a mirror as well and you can shave in the shower so no need
>for a w/h basin ..more space saved .

Good suggestion. The seatless one can be the ultra-stripped version for
cheapskates.

meow...@care2.com

Oct 13, 2008, 3:26:22 PM10/13/08
On Oct 13, 6:29 pm, Grimly Curmudgeon <grimly4REM...@REMOVEgmail.com>
wrote:

> We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the
> drugs began to take hold. I remember NOSPAM...@gmail.com saying

> something like:
>
> >Why do you need a seat in the first one ...Just use the old European
> >thing with the hole in the floor and the footplate things either side
> >....have a mirror as well and you can shave in the shower so no need
> >for a w/h basin ..more space saved .
>
> Good suggestion. The seatless one can be the ultra-stripped version for
> cheapskates.

If you had a crp retention shelf with the shower cold feed running
under it you'd have drain heat reovery, and could sell it on its green
credentials. Also you could cut costs by eliminating (groan) the flush
mechanism, since showering will take care of that. This will also give
enough time for 100% turd heat extraction.

What a winner!

NT

Grimly Curmudgeon

Oct 13, 2008, 3:46:44 PM10/13/08
drugs began to take hold. I remember meow...@care2.com saying something
like:

>What a winner!

I tell you, they'll be queueing up for it. Next week I'll start
manufacturing in China and sell them for 200quid a unit, making 180 quid
profit.

Tim S

Oct 13, 2008, 3:53:57 PM10/13/08
Grimly Curmudgeon coughed up some electrons that declared:

> We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the
> drugs began to take hold. I remember meow...@care2.com saying something
> like:
>
>>What a winner!
>
> I tell you, they'll be queueing up for it. Next week I'll start
> manufacturing in China and sell them for 200quid a unit, making 180 quid
> profit.

Don't forget to buy a jumbo pack of CE stickers to slap on the side

:)

The Natural Philosopher

Oct 14, 2008, 5:18:59 AM10/14/08

I suggest you investigate a typical caravan or camper shower/toilet. I
would guess 800mm square is about as good as it gets.

Grimly Curmudgeon

Oct 16, 2008, 4:35:46 PM10/16/08
drugs began to take hold. I remember The Natural Philosopher <a@b.c>
saying something like:

>I suggest you investigate a typical caravan or camper shower/toilet. I
>would guess 800mm square is about as good as it gets.

Perfect application for the dump hole in the floor. I foresee a slew of
them being sold for camper use where family members can dump and shower
on the move and fertilise the motorways at the same time, if they
install the Sh'Flinger to aim the effluent to the nearside.

meow...@care2.com

Oct 16, 2008, 5:02:46 PM10/16/08
On Oct 16, 9:35 pm, Grimly Curmudgeon <grimly4REM...@REMOVEgmail.com>
wrote:

> We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the
> drugs began to take hold. I remember The Natural Philosopher <a...@b.c>

> saying something like:
>
> >I suggest you investigate a typical caravan or camper shower/toilet. I
> >would guess 800mm square is about as good as it gets.
>
> Perfect application for the dump hole in the floor. I foresee a slew of
> them being sold for camper use where family members can dump and shower
> on the move and fertilise the motorways at the same time, if they
> install the Sh'Flinger to aim the effluent to the nearside.

Lol!!

NT

sm_jamieson

Oct 17, 2008, 6:22:40 AM10/17/08
If you time if right you may be able to fling some onto the hotplate
at "Sheila's Roadside Caff". Cook up to a nice burger that.
Simon.