OT: Banned from B&Q ;-(

T i m

Oct 16, 2004, 8:30:41 AM10/16/04
There I was, browsing the outdoor section in B&Q when some bloke in
an orange overall came over and asked me if I wanted 'decking' .. ?

Luckily I got the first punch in!

Ho hum .. ;-)

T i m

Andy Dingley

Oct 16, 2004, 8:44:38 AM10/16/04
On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 12:30:41 GMT, T i m <ne...@spaced.me.uk> wrote:

>There I was, browsing the outdoor section in B&Q when some bloke in
>an orange overall came over and asked me if I wanted 'decking' .. ?
>
>Luckily I got the first punch in!

Send that one to Viz ! 8-)

Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

Oct 16, 2004, 11:03:01 AM10/16/04

Hehehe! I likes that.

Si

raden

Oct 16, 2004, 4:13:55 PM10/16/04
In message <4p42n0tjm36n2uovl...@4ax.com>, T i m
<ne...@spaced.me.uk> writes

>There I was, browsing the outdoor section in B&Q when some bloke in
>an orange overall came over and asked me if I wanted 'decking' .. ?
>
>Luckily I got the first punch in!

What, you gave him a good flooring, tongue AND groove ?

--
geoff

Mary Fisher

Oct 16, 2004, 4:19:06 PM10/16/04

"raden" <ra...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

I wish I'd thought of that!

Mary

> --
> geoff

:::Jerry::::

Oct 16, 2004, 4:29:12 PM10/16/04

"raden" <ra...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

Just as long as he nailed him good an proper, sc***ing would have been out
of place !

PJ

Oct 16, 2004, 8:00:29 PM10/16/04
You could have taken him to the decorating section and given him a good
pasting.

I see a long thread starting.

John Rumm

Oct 16, 2004, 11:15:01 PM10/16/04
PJ wrote:

> You could have taken him to the decorating section and given him a good
> pasting.
>
> I see a long thread starting.

Gave him a bosch on the nose in the power tool section?

--
Cheers,

John.

Andy Hall

Oct 17, 2004, 3:43:06 AM10/17/04

Oscar Wilde once said that at a party. One of his fellow guests
said "Don't worry, Oscar...... you will"

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Andy Hall

Oct 17, 2004, 3:44:42 AM10/17/04
On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 04:15:01 +0100, John Rumm
<see.my.s...@nowhere.null> wrote:

>PJ wrote:
>

>> You could have taken him to the decorating section and given him a good
>> pasting.
>>
>> I see a long thread starting.
>
>Gave him a bosch on the nose in the power tool section?

Told like a PPPro...... at the returns desk......

Mary Fisher

Oct 17, 2004, 4:35:17 AM10/17/04

"Andy Hall" <an...@hall.nospam> wrote in message

I know that.

But you knew that :-)

Mary

T i m

Oct 17, 2004, 6:07:35 AM10/17/04
On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 08:44:42 +0100, Andy Hall <an...@hall.nospam>
wrote:

>On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 04:15:01 +0100, John Rumm
><see.my.s...@nowhere.null> wrote:
>
>>PJ wrote:
>>

>>> You could have taken him to the decorating section and given him a good
>>> pasting.
>>>
>>> I see a long thread starting.
>>
>>Gave him a bosch on the nose in the power tool section?
>

>Told like a PPPro...... at the returns desk......

<T i m holds head in his hands and mutters>

"Oh what have I done ..."

;-)

N. Thornton

Oct 17, 2004, 8:10:55 AM10/17/04
John Rumm <see.my.s...@nowhere.null> wrote in message news:<4171d44a$0$48023$ed2e...@ptn-nntp-reader04.plus.net>...

> PJ wrote:
>

> > You could have taken him to the decorating section and given him a good
> > pasting.
> >
> > I see a long thread starting.
>
> Gave him a bosch on the nose in the power tool section?
>
> --
> Cheers,
>
> John.

Or Fermly drilled some manners into him.

NT

N. Thornton

Oct 17, 2004, 8:11:45 AM10/17/04
T i m <ne...@spaced.me.uk> wrote in message news:<4p42n0tjm36n2uovl...@4ax.com>...

Was the old crow barred as well then?

NT

N. Thornton

Oct 17, 2004, 8:12:55 AM10/17/04
John Rumm <see.my.s...@nowhere.null> wrote in message news:<4171d44a$0$48023$ed2e...@ptn-nntp-reader04.plus.net>...
> PJ wrote:
>

> > You could have taken him to the decorating section and given him a good
> > pasting.
> >
> > I see a long thread starting.
>
> Gave him a bosch on the nose in the power tool section?
>
> --
> Cheers,
>
> John.

Probably caused by too many consume-a-units of alcohol.

NT

John Rumm

Oct 17, 2004, 10:04:12 AM10/17/04
T i m wrote:

> <T i m holds head in his hands and mutters>
>
> "Oh what have I done ..."

Started a Trend for dodgy power tool jokes.... better Makita run for it
now...

E D Wivens

Oct 17, 2004, 9:33:20 AM10/17/04
On 17 Oct 2004 05:12:55 -0700, big...@meeow.co.uk (N. Thornton) wrote:

>John Rumm <see.my.s...@nowhere.null> wrote in message news:<4171d44a$0$48023$ed2e...@ptn-nntp-reader04.plus.net>...
>> PJ wrote:
>>
>> > You could have taken him to the decorating section and given him a good
>> > pasting.
>> >
>> > I see a long thread starting.
>>
>> Gave him a bosch on the nose in the power tool section?
>>

>Probably caused by too many consume-a-units of alcohol.

Leaving him plastered?

Wivens
--
E.D. Wivens http://www.katzphur.co.uk/

Putting the fun back into fundamentally flawed.

:::Jerry::::

Oct 17, 2004, 9:53:31 AM10/17/04

"E D Wivens" <news...@get-rid-of-this-bit.katzphur.co.uk> wrote in message

> On 17 Oct 2004 05:12:55 -0700, big...@meeow.co.uk (N. Thornton) wrote:
>
> >John Rumm <see.my.s...@nowhere.null> wrote in message

> >> Gave him a bosch on the nose in the power tool section?
> >>
> >Probably caused by too many consume-a-units of alcohol.
>
> Leaving him plastered?

Nah, I think the true events have yet to be told, this is nothing but a
whitewash !

Mary Fisher

Oct 17, 2004, 10:07:54 AM10/17/04

"E D Wivens" <news...@get-rid-of-this-bit.katzphur.co.uk> wrote in message
> On 17 Oct 2004 05:12:55 -0700, big...@meeow.co.uk (N. Thornton) wrote:
>
>>John Rumm <see.my.s...@nowhere.null> wrote in message

>>> Gave him a bosch on the nose in the power tool section?
>>>
>>Probably caused by too many consume-a-units of alcohol.
>
> Leaving him plastered?

Or even stoned.

Mary

Owain

Oct 17, 2004, 12:49:34 PM10/17/04
"John Rumm" wrote

| > <T i m holds head in his hands and mutters>
| > "Oh what have I done ..."
| Started a Trend for dodgy power tool jokes.... better Makita run for it
| now...

There's mortar this thread than meets the eye.

Of course, if the barbecue blows up when doing the hard landscaping one
could end up with a blackened decker.

Owain

Owain

Oct 17, 2004, 12:44:28 PM10/17/04
"Mary Fisher" wrote
| > Leaving him plastered?
| Or even stoned.

Some strong black coffee and he'll be reconstituted stoned.

Owain

Mary Fisher

Oct 17, 2004, 1:38:00 PM10/17/04

"Owain" <owain...@stirlingcity.co.uk> wrote in message

Then he'll be fit for masonry drill.

Mary

> Owain

Andrew McKay

Oct 17, 2004, 1:48:22 PM10/17/04
On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 15:04:12 +0100, John Rumm
<see.my.s...@nowhere.null> wrote:

>Started a Trend for dodgy power tool jokes.... better Makita run for it
>now...

Is there any truth in the rumour that FeStools are crap tools?

Andrew

Andy Hall

Oct 17, 2004, 2:47:22 PM10/17/04

That's fein, but it's plane that the cut could festool.

Mary Fisher

Oct 17, 2004, 3:25:23 PM10/17/04

"Andy Hall" <an...@hall.nospam> wrote in message

OoooooooooOOOOOOOOoooH!

raden

Oct 17, 2004, 3:54:56 PM10/17/04
In message <4172adde$0$2651$4c56...@master.news.zetnet.net>, Mary
Fisher <mary....@zetnet.co.uk> writes

In a bit ...

--
geoff

Mary Fisher

Oct 17, 2004, 4:00:14 PM10/17/04

"raden" <ra...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

Nicely said, Chuck,

Mary

> --
> geoff

Harvey Van Sickle

Oct 17, 2004, 4:08:25 PM10/17/04
On 17 Oct 2004, Mary Fisher wrote

Maison redrill: what you do when the brackets and the wall plugs don't
align.

--
Cheers,
Harvey

Mary Fisher

Oct 17, 2004, 4:29:29 PM10/17/04

"Harvey Van Sickle" <harve...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

That sounds like an extra mural activity ...

> --
> Cheers,
> Harvey

John Rumm

Oct 17, 2004, 6:45:21 PM10/17/04
Andy Hall wrote:

> That's fein, but it's plane that the cut could festool.

That could be bad... Bet that would make you say "Hitachi, that hurt".
What is worse however is that it might leave you unable to Marshall any
response from old Faithful. Better make a Silverline to the doctors and
Draper on his desk for inspection.

Andy Hall

Oct 17, 2004, 5:56:24 PM10/17/04
On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 23:45:21 +0100, John Rumm
<see.my.s...@nowhere.null> wrote:

>Andy Hall wrote:
>
>> That's fein, but it's plane that the cut could festool.
>
>That could be bad... Bet that would make you say "Hitachi, that hurt".
>What is worse however is that it might leave you unable to Marshall any
>response from old Faithful. Better make a Silverline to the doctors and
>Draper on his desk for inspection.

He might say "Sip this" before doing a Screwfix.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

© Copyright 2004.

All parts of this Usenet posting are Copyright by the author. It may not
be sold in any medium, including electronic, CD-ROM, or database,
packaged with any commercial product, or published in print or
electronic form without the explicit written permission of the author.
The copyright of included material belongs to the original author.

John Rumm

Oct 17, 2004, 7:50:09 PM10/17/04
Andy Hall wrote:

> He might say "Sip this" before doing a Screwfix.

I wonder what Freud would say...? Depending on the damage you may have
to refrain from too much exercise for the old Toolstation, lest it
shrivels up and you end up with nothing but a Mole grip.

Andy Hall

Oct 18, 2004, 12:34:05 AM10/18/04
On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 00:50:09 +0100, John Rumm
<see.my.s...@nowhere.null> wrote:

>Andy Hall wrote:
>
>> He might say "Sip this" before doing a Screwfix.
>
>I wonder what Freud would say...? Depending on the damage you may have
>to refrain from too much exercise for the old Toolstation, lest it
>shrivels up and you end up with nothing but a Mole grip.

Certainly not Tooled Up. Perhaps Bessey would have a Record in
Sheffield.

Owain

Oct 18, 2004, 7:17:59 AM10/18/04
"John Rumm" wrote
| > That's fein, but it's plane that the cut could festool.
| That could be bad... Bet that would make you say "Hitachi, that
| hurt".
| What is worse however is that it might leave you unable to
| Marshall any response from old Faithful. Better make a
| Silverline to the doctors and Draper on his desk for
| inspection.

I wonder why ball pein hammers are so named.

Owain

raden

Oct 18, 2004, 5:46:26 PM10/18/04
In message <109810990...@ersa.uk.clara.net>, Owain
<owain...@stirlingcity.co.uk> writes
Hit yourself in the nuts with one and ask the question again

--
geoff

Andrew McKay

Oct 19, 2004, 3:34:58 AM10/19/04
On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 21:46:26 GMT, raden <ra...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>>I wonder why ball pein hammers are so named.
>>
>Hit yourself in the nuts with one and ask the question again

Better to find a volunteer and try that on them. Where's IMM.....

Andrew

Mary Fisher

Oct 19, 2004, 4:45:13 AM10/19/04

"Andrew McKay" <nn...@kazmax.com> wrote in message

I knew I was right to be pleased to be female.

Mary

Andrew McKay

Oct 19, 2004, 12:08:40 PM10/19/04
On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 09:45:13 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
<mary....@zetnet.co.uk> wrote:

>I knew I was right to be pleased to be female.

Probably start a flame war with this comment. I'm just glad I'm not
female.

Might be best not to go into why that is though. It's a biological
thing just to set expectations.

Andrew

raden

Oct 19, 2004, 5:34:00 PM10/19/04
In message <ntean0t227q9d6364...@4ax.com>, Andrew McKay
<nn...@kazmax.com> writes

>On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 09:45:13 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
><mary....@zetnet.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>I knew I was right to be pleased to be female.
>
>Probably start a flame war with this comment. I'm just glad I'm not
>female.
>
>Might be best not to go into why that is though.

...Or not

BBC1 at 10:35 tonight

(which I won't be watching BTW)

--
geoff

Andrew McKay

Oct 20, 2004, 2:36:27 AM10/20/04
On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 21:34:00 GMT, raden <ra...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>BBC1 at 10:35 tonight
>
>(which I won't be watching BTW)

I didn't see that - which program was it as a matter of interest?

I was flicking the channels after 11pm, and channel 5 were doing
breast implants. Couldn't stomach what was being shown (no pun there
please!), but it looked to me from the snippet I saw that the builders
from hell may have moved into the medical extension game....

Andrew

raden

Oct 20, 2004, 3:37:05 PM10/20/04
In message <go1cn09lopff59nv5...@4ax.com>, Andrew McKay
<nn...@kazmax.com> writes

>On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 21:34:00 GMT, raden <ra...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>>BBC1 at 10:35 tonight
>>
>>(which I won't be watching BTW)
>
>I didn't see that - which program was it as a matter of interest?

"One Life - make me a man again"

Bloke, business fails, wife and kids leave him

so he has his willy chopped off

oops, mistake

changes his mind, has a new one rebuilt

(according to the radio times)

>I was flicking the channels after 11pm, and channel 5 were doing
>breast implants. Couldn't stomach what was being shown (no pun there
>please!), but it looked to me from the snippet I saw that the builders
>from hell may have moved into the medical extension game....

Aargh - Vanessa Phelps

The information contained in this post
may not be published in, or used by
http://www.diyprojects.info

--
geoff

Mary Fisher

Oct 24, 2004, 1:57:39 PM10/24/04

"PJ" <p...@anythingyoulike.com> wrote in message

> :::Jerry:::: wrote:
>> "raden" <ra...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>In message <4p42n0tjm36n2uovl...@4ax.com>, T i m
>>><ne...@spaced.me.uk> writes

> I see a long thread starting.

I've been way but for some reason this came into my mind and I wondered if
it would be a metric or Whitworth or other thread ...

Mary

N. Thornton

Oct 24, 2004, 7:55:18 PM10/24/04
"Mary Fisher" <mary....@zetnet.co.uk> wrote in message news:<417becea$0$2649$4c56...@master.news.zetnet.net>...

> I've been way but for some reason this came into my mind and I wondered if
> it would be a metric or Whitworth or other thread ...

Probably AF - absolutely F all to do with, erm, haddock?
Or whitworth? Not one whit worth of relevance to.... again, nothing
that I can think of. Prawns? :)

NT

raden

Oct 24, 2004, 8:36:56 PM10/24/04
In message <a7076635.04102...@posting.google.com>, N.
Thornton <big...@meeow.co.uk> writes
I think the closest we can hope for here is a wandering thread

N. Thornton

Oct 25, 2004, 6:34:58 AM10/25/04
raden <ra...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:<A22LR4D8...@ntlworld.com>...

> In message <a7076635.04102...@posting.google.com>, N.
> Thornton <big...@meeow.co.uk> writes
> >"Mary Fisher" <mary....@zetnet.co.uk> wrote in message

> >> I've been way but for some reason this came into my mind and I wondered if
> >> it would be a metric or Whitworth or other thread ...
> >

> >Probably AF - absolutely F all to do with, erm, haddock?
> >Or whitworth? Not one whit worth of relevance to.... again, nothing
> >that I can think of. Prawns? :)
> >
> I think the closest we can hope for here is a wandering thread

If we're talking about decking and screw threads here, it might just
be a crossed thread.

NT

Mary Fisher

Oct 25, 2004, 6:43:11 AM10/25/04

"N. Thornton" <big...@meeow.co.uk> wrote in message

I'm bolting before someone calls me a nut.

Mary

> NT

Andy Hall

Oct 25, 2004, 7:07:32 AM10/25/04
On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 11:43:11 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
<mary....@zetnet.co.uk> wrote:

>I'm bolting before someone calls me a nut.
>
>Mary

It's quite safe as long as you use a washer.

Mary Fisher

Oct 25, 2004, 7:24:18 AM10/25/04

> On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 11:43:11 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
> <mary....@zetnet.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>I'm bolting before someone calls me a nut.
>>
>>Mary
>
> It's quite safe as long as you use a washer.

I'll wait until spring then.

Mary

PJ

Oct 25, 2004, 8:18:03 AM10/25/04
Andy Hall wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 11:43:11 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
> <mary....@zetnet.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>I'm bolting before someone calls me a nut.
>>
>>Mary
>
> It's quite safe as long as you use a washer.
>
> .andy
>
> Mary should be locked up for making such a statement. Use a locking washer.

Andy Hall

Oct 25, 2004, 8:24:33 AM10/25/04
On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 12:24:18 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
<mary....@zetnet.co.uk> wrote:

>"Andy Hall" <an...@hall.nospam> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 11:43:11 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
>> <mary....@zetnet.co.uk> wrote:
>>

>>>I'm bolting before someone calls me a nut.
>>>
>>>Mary
>>
>> It's quite safe as long as you use a washer.
>
>I'll wait until spring then.
>
>Mary

Could be a bit of a wrench...

Mary Fisher

Oct 25, 2004, 9:35:12 AM10/25/04

"Andy Hall" <an...@hall.nospam> wrote in message

Shall we torque about it?

Mary

Mary Fisher

Oct 25, 2004, 9:37:53 AM10/25/04

"PJ" <p...@anythingyoulike.com> wrote in message

Which reminds me (this is a True Story against myself) that this morning the
washing machine wouldn't work. In wimpish and girly mode I sobbed to Spouse
(we're just back from being away again and have a lot to launder). He came
in and pushed the door firmly.

YES OF COURSE IT WORKED!

Bloody smarty pants. Huh.

Off to do the ironing now - she says, flatly.

Mary

Andy Hall

Oct 25, 2004, 9:51:20 AM10/25/04
On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:35:12 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
<mary....@zetnet.co.uk> wrote:

>"Andy Hall" <an...@hall.nospam> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 12:24:18 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
>> <mary....@zetnet.co.uk> wrote:
>>

>>>"Andy Hall" <an...@hall.nospam> wrote in message

>>>I'll wait until spring then.
>>>
>>>Mary
>>>>
>> Could be a bit of a wrench...
>
>Shall we torque about it?

I think we should socket and see

PJ

Oct 25, 2004, 10:33:58 AM10/25/04
So he says. He probably kicked the door.

Get your own back and iron creases into his shirts.

PJ

Mary Fisher

Oct 25, 2004, 10:43:21 AM10/25/04

>>> Could be a bit of a wrench...
>>
>>Shall we torque about it?
>>
> I think we should socket and see

Hmm. Taps head, thinking for an apt reply ... can't let the subject die ...

Mary

Mary Fisher

Oct 25, 2004, 10:45:14 AM10/25/04

"PJ" <p...@anythingyoulike.com> wrote in message

No, he wouldn't do that because he'd have to repair it.

> Get your own back and iron creases into his shirts.

No to that too, I actually enjoy ironing. I'm unique among everyone I know -
well among those it's been talked about. Not a normal topic, really ...

Mary

> PJ

Andy Wade

Oct 25, 2004, 12:08:41 PM10/25/04
Mary Fisher wrote:

> Hmm. Taps head, thinking for an apt reply ... can't let the subject die ...

Into the stocks you should go for that.
--
Andy

PJ

Oct 25, 2004, 12:20:13 PM10/25/04
Looking at your other posts - I have will admit defeat whilst only
slightly behind - you are much more proficient with puns.

I had better start a thread on Malapropisms and strive for superiority.

N. Thornton

Oct 25, 2004, 1:23:32 PM10/25/04
"Mary Fisher" <mary....@zetnet.co.uk> wrote in message news:<417cd895$0$2654$4c56...@master.news.zetnet.net>...

> "N. Thornton" <big...@meeow.co.uk> wrote in message
> > raden <ra...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

> >> I think the closest we can hope for here is a wandering thread

> > If we're talking about decking and screw threads here, it might just
> > be a crossed thread.

> I'm bolting before someone calls me a nut.

Well Mary, if your washer is faulty and you live in Bolton, maybe
you'd better unplug it at the wrallplug - or do I mean the socket.
With the 3 and 4 way sockets we have today, I guess that will now be a
socket set.

Painful isnt it? Maybe I've got a screw loose.

NT

Andrew McKay

Oct 25, 2004, 2:38:47 PM10/25/04
On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:37:53 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
<mary....@zetnet.co.uk> wrote:

>Bloody smarty pants. Huh.

Better than smelly pants though isn't it?

Andrew

If you need help with those general DIY projects
you can give me a call. More information about
what I can help with can be found on my web site:

http://www.handymac.co.uk

Andy Hall

Oct 25, 2004, 2:54:32 PM10/25/04
On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 19:38:47 +0100, Andrew McKay
<invali...@handymac.co.uk> wrote:

>On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:37:53 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
><mary....@zetnet.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>Bloody smarty pants. Huh.
>
>Better than smelly pants though isn't it?

Shouldn't matter. Mary has already volunteered to do the group's
laundry (she said she loves ironing), so I'm getting the first parcel
ready now. :-)

raden

Oct 25, 2004, 3:36:34 PM10/25/04
In message <417cd895$0$2654$4c56...@master.news.zetnet.net>, Mary
Fisher <mary....@zetnet.co.uk> writes
Screwy maybe, never a nut

I'll get my coat of Dulux

--
geoff

raden

Oct 25, 2004, 3:36:35 PM10/25/04
In message <417d10de$0$2652$4c56...@master.news.zetnet.net>, Mary
Fisher <mary....@zetnet.co.uk> writes

>>>Shall we torque about it?
>>>
>> I think we should socket and see
>
>Hmm. Taps head, thinking for an apt reply ... can't let the subject die ...

What, you can't ratchet it up a notch ?

--
geoff

raden

Oct 25, 2004, 3:41:10 PM10/25/04
In message <1tiqn0tp0msfa16s1...@4ax.com>, Andy Hall
<an...@hall.nospam> writes

>On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 19:38:47 +0100, Andrew McKay
><invali...@handymac.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:37:53 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
>><mary....@zetnet.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>>Bloody smarty pants. Huh.
>>
>>Better than smelly pants though isn't it?
>>

>Shouldn't matter. Mary has already volunteered to do the group's
>laundry (she said she loves ironing), so I'm getting the first parcel
>ready now. :-)

And she's admitted that the washing machine works too ...

--
geoff

raden

Oct 25, 2004, 3:41:09 PM10/25/04
In message <417d114f$0$2653$4c56...@master.news.zetnet.net>, Mary
Fisher <mary....@zetnet.co.uk> writes

>>> Which reminds me (this is a True Story against myself) that this morning
>>> the washing machine wouldn't work. In wimpish and girly mode I sobbed to
>>> Spouse (we're just back from being away again and have a lot to launder).
>>> He came in and pushed the door firmly.
>>>
>>> YES OF COURSE IT WORKED!
>>>
>>> Bloody smarty pants. Huh.
>>>
>>> Off to do the ironing now - she says, flatly.
>>>
>>> Mary
>>>

>> So he says. He probably kicked the door.
>
>No, he wouldn't do that because he'd have to repair it.
>>
>> Get your own back and iron creases into his shirts.
>
>No to that too, I actually enjoy ironing. I'm unique among everyone I know -
>well among those it's been talked about. Not a normal topic, really ...

My mother does too, she finds it relaxing

--
geoff

Mary Fisher

Oct 25, 2004, 4:00:55 PM10/25/04

>>>So he says. He probably kicked the door.
>>

>> No, he wouldn't do that because he'd have to repair it.
>>
>>>Get your own back and iron creases into his shirts.
>>

>> No to that too, I actually enjoy ironing. I'm unique among everyone I
>> know - well among those it's been talked about. Not a normal topic,
>> really ...
>>
>> Mary
>>
>>>PJ
>>

> Looking at your other posts - I have will admit defeat whilst only
> slightly behind - you are much more proficient with puns.

Why, thank you kindly, sir.

While I was ironing the shirts I realised that he wouldn't notice creases
anyway - unless they were in his model aircraft coverings :-(

> I had better start a thread on Malapropisms and strive for superiority.

Go on then!

Mary

Mary Fisher

Oct 25, 2004, 4:01:55 PM10/25/04

> On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 19:38:47 +0100, Andrew McKay
> <invali...@handymac.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:37:53 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
>><mary....@zetnet.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>>Bloody smarty pants. Huh.
>>
>>Better than smelly pants though isn't it?
>>

> Shouldn't matter. Mary has already volunteered to do the group's
> laundry (she said she loves ironing), so I'm getting the first parcel
> ready now. :-)

Ooh goody!

My charges are quite high though ... you don't get owt for nowt from a Tyke.

Mary

Mary Fisher

Oct 25, 2004, 4:03:39 PM10/25/04

"N. Thornton" <big...@meeow.co.uk> wrote in message
> "Mary Fisher" <mary....@zetnet.co.uk> wrote in message
>> "N. Thornton" <big...@meeow.co.uk> wrote in message
>> > raden <ra...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

>> > If we're talking about decking and screw threads here, it might just
>> > be a crossed thread.
>
>> I'm bolting before someone calls me a nut.
>

> Well Mary, if your washer is faulty and you live in Bolton,

... I don't ....

> maybe
> you'd better unplug it at the wrallplug - or do I mean the socket.

Perhaps. It must be something to do with the Leeds.

> Painful isnt it? Maybe I've got a screw loose.

Someone here should be able to Fix it.

Mary

> NT

John Rumm

Oct 25, 2004, 4:07:59 PM10/25/04
PJ wrote:

> Looking at your other posts - I have will admit defeat whilst only
> slightly behind - you are much more proficient with puns.

As you know, the pun is mightier than the swear word....

I had a friend who liked puns so much he entered a competition. He was
so desperate to win he actually made ten separate entries. But even then
he did not win, in fact, no pun in ten did.

--
Cheers,

John.

Mary Fisher

Oct 25, 2004, 4:04:05 PM10/25/04

"raden" <ra...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

It's a bit like walking on eggshells ...

Mary

> --
> geoff

Andy Hall

Oct 25, 2004, 4:15:56 PM10/25/04
On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 21:07:59 +0100, John Rumm
<see.my.s...@nowhere.null> wrote:

>PJ wrote:
>
>> Looking at your other posts - I have will admit defeat whilst only
>> slightly behind - you are much more proficient with puns.
>
>As you know, the pun is mightier than the swear word....
>
>I had a friend who liked puns so much he entered a competition. He was
>so desperate to win he actually made ten separate entries. But even then
> he did not win, in fact, no pun in ten did.

Now come on... you're supposed to make them up.....

Mary Fisher

Oct 25, 2004, 4:23:44 PM10/25/04

"Andy Hall" <an...@hall.nospam> wrote in message

er - I suspect that he wasn't on the ball enough to do that ...

PJ

Oct 25, 2004, 4:21:07 PM10/25/04
That was like a visit from an old friend you had forgotten about.
PJ

Andy Hall

Oct 25, 2004, 4:33:29 PM10/25/04

Might have been in a race though; said he bearing up under the strain.

Mary Fisher

Oct 25, 2004, 4:54:22 PM10/25/04

"raden" <ra...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

The teeth are getting worn, over-used. Need some lubrication ...

Mary Fisher

Oct 25, 2004, 4:58:51 PM10/25/04

"Andy Hall" <an...@hall.nospam> wrote in message

Oh I don't know about that, you appear to be on a roll ...

Mary

raden

Oct 25, 2004, 4:58:50 PM10/25/04
In message <417d5bbc$0$80674$ed26...@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net>, John
Rumm <see.my.s...@nowhere.null> writes

>PJ wrote:
>
>> Looking at your other posts - I have will admit defeat whilst only
>>slightly behind - you are much more proficient with puns.
>
>As you know, the pun is mightier than the swear word....
>
>I had a friend who liked puns so much he entered a competition. He was
>so desperate to win he actually made ten separate entries. But even
>then he did not win, in fact, no pun in ten did.

"You shall be taken from here to a place of legal execution ..."

--
geoff

Mary Fisher

Oct 25, 2004, 5:10:09 PM10/25/04

"raden" <ra...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

I don't understand that. But then, I've only just got the sente ... OH!

Nice one :-)

I need to go to bed.

'night all,

Mary

> --
> geoff

Owain

Oct 25, 2004, 5:38:32 PM10/25/04
"Mary Fisher" wrote
| > I'll get my coat of Dulux
| It's a bit like walking on eggshells ...

Wasn't Matt Gloss in one of those eighties pop groups?

Owain

Mary Fisher

Oct 26, 2004, 11:19:45 AM10/26/04

"Owain" <owain...@stirlingcity.co.uk> wrote in message

I never sat in on that sort of thing.

Mary

John Rumm

Oct 26, 2004, 12:32:17 PM10/26/04
Mary Fisher wrote:

> I never sat in on that sort of thing.

You didn't lustre after him then?

Dave

Oct 26, 2004, 1:09:50 PM10/26/04

> >>Shall we torque about it?
> >>
> > I think we should socket and see
>
> Hmm. Taps head, thinking for an apt reply ... can't let the subject die

You didn't. A tap is a tool used to put a thread into a hole in a hard
substance, as against something that is more like a jelly ;-)

To tap, is to produce a thread into a hole, taps is the plural of this.
Quite why you would tap a holes in your head... ;-)

Dave

Mary Fisher

Oct 26, 2004, 3:16:26 PM10/26/04

> Mary Fisher wrote:
>
>> I never sat in on that sort of thing.
>
> You didn't lustre after him then?

That reminds me of my very staid aunt and my mother, who used to work for
Shand Kydd wallpapers and used to come home with the most indelicate jokes.
Aunt is dead, mother was 92 last month.

On a certain paint: "Knacker laquer - adds lustre to your cluster".

I didn't know where to put myself, I was only 17 after all ...

Mary

Mary Fisher

Oct 26, 2004, 3:18:52 PM10/26/04

"Dave" <dave...@btopenworld.com> wrote in message

<yawn>

Have you been as picky with the other replies?

I'll get my coat - oh, that's been done.

As it happens, I HAVE been treppanned.

> Dave

raden

Oct 26, 2004, 5:34:07 PM10/26/04
In message <clm0cu$59m$1...@titan.btinternet.com>, Dave
<dave...@btopenworld.com> writes
It's called trepanning, been used for thousands of years for
neutralising puns in uk-diy

--
geoff

Dave

Oct 26, 2004, 6:01:55 PM10/26/04

> <yawn>

:-)

> Have you been as picky with the other replies?

I just thought that I would give you another 'thread' in the general
direction that this subject was going..

No one else picked up on the tapping of your head :-)

> I'll get my coat - oh, that's been done.
>

> As it happens, I HAVE been trepanned.

Trepanning is a totally different subject. Quite painful, I believe.

Dave

Mary Fisher

Oct 26, 2004, 6:04:46 PM10/26/04

"raden" <ra...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

It didn't work on me ... well not in that way.

Mary

> --
> geoff

Mary Fisher

Oct 26, 2004, 6:31:04 PM10/26/04

"Dave" <dave...@btopenworld.com> wrote in message

Well, the surgeon used a circular saw to make the cut before he prised my
skull forward so that it broke. Not exactly trepanning but the same effect,
just mechanically more secure during healing.

> Quite painful, I believe.

Not under a general.

Mary

> Dave

raden

Oct 26, 2004, 7:11:54 PM10/26/04
In message <417ed027$0$2653$4c56...@master.news.zetnet.net>, Mary
Fisher <mary....@zetnet.co.uk> writes

Did it exorcise the evil spirits ?
(Which is what trepanning was traditionally for)

>> Quite painful, I believe.
>
>Not under a general.

Very few nerves (of the painful type) inside the skull

--
geoff

Mary Fisher

Oct 26, 2004, 7:19:50 PM10/26/04

> In message <417ed027$0$2653$4c56...@master.news.zetnet.net>, Mary

>>> Trepanning is a totally different subject.
>>
>>Well, the surgeon used a circular saw to make the cut before he prised my
>>skull forward so that it broke. Not exactly trepanning but the same
>>effect,
>>just mechanically more secure during healing.
>
> Did it exorcise the evil spirits ?
> (Which is what trepanning was traditionally for)

How do you know?

>>> Quite painful, I believe.
>>
>>Not under a general.
>>
> Very few nerves (of the painful type) inside the skull

No, but you have to start outside :-)

Mary

> --
> geoff

raden

Oct 26, 2004, 7:47:12 PM10/26/04
In message <417edb95$0$2653$4c56...@master.news.zetnet.net>, Mary
Fisher <mary....@zetnet.co.uk> writes

>"raden" <ra...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> In message <417ed027$0$2653$4c56...@master.news.zetnet.net>, Mary

>>>Well, the surgeon used a circular saw to make the cut before he prised my
>>>skull forward so that it broke. Not exactly trepanning but the same
>>>effect,
>>>just mechanically more secure during healing.
>>
>> Did it exorcise the evil spirits ?
>> (Which is what trepanning was traditionally for)
>
>How do you know?

Well if you really want to know ...

I have a friend whose Heroin addiction gave him some crazy ideas (I
didn't quite mean that). I decided to investigate the subject in order
to try and explain why this might be a BAD THING TO TRY.

He actually managed a successful detox before buying a Black and Decker
and a core drill

--
geoff

Mary Fisher

Oct 27, 2004, 3:52:14 AM10/27/04

>>> Did it exorcise the evil spirits ?
>>> (Which is what trepanning was traditionally for)
>>
>>How do you know?
>
> Well if you really want to know ...
>
> I have a friend whose Heroin addiction gave him some crazy ideas (I didn't
> quite mean that). I decided to investigate the subject in order to try and
> explain why this might be a BAD THING TO TRY.
>
> He actually managed a successful detox before buying a Black and Decker
> and a core drill

That doesn't really answer my question ...

Brian Sharrock

Oct 27, 2004, 6:26:29 AM10/27/04

> "Dave" <dave...@btopenworld.com> wrote in message

snip

> > Trepanning is a totally different subject.
>
> Well, the surgeon used a circular saw to make the cut before he prised my
> skull forward so that it broke. Not exactly trepanning but the same
effect,
> just mechanically more secure during healing.
>
> > Quite painful, I believe.
>
> Not under a general.

Would that be Major surgery?

Best I can come up is being operated on by a Group Captain
(AIUI, the aneathathist was a Surgeon-Commander)
There wasn't a General on the establishment let alone
the strength. Dunno about the Army place -up the road-!
--

Brian

Mary Fisher

Oct 27, 2004, 7:26:48 AM10/27/04

"Brian Sharrock" <b.sha...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

> "Mary Fisher" <mary....@zetnet.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
>> "Dave" <dave...@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
>> >
> snip
>> >
>> > Trepanning is a totally different subject.
>>
>> Well, the surgeon used a circular saw to make the cut before he prised my
>> skull forward so that it broke. Not exactly trepanning but the same
> effect,
>> just mechanically more secure during healing.
>>
>> > Quite painful, I believe.
>>
>> Not under a general.
>>

> Would that be Major surgery?

It ranked very high in my estimation ...

> Best I can come up is being operated on by a Group Captain
> (AIUI, the aneathathist was a Surgeon-Commander)

That sounds like one-up-man-ship.

Mary

raden

Oct 27, 2004, 4:00:53 PM10/27/04
In message <417f53ad$0$2648$4c56...@master.news.zetnet.net>, Mary
Fisher <mary....@zetnet.co.uk> writes

>"raden" <ra...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

>>>How do you know?
>>
>> Well if you really want to know ...
>>
>> I have a friend whose Heroin addiction gave him some crazy ideas (I didn't
>> quite mean that). I decided to investigate the subject in order to try and
>> explain why this might be a BAD THING TO TRY.
>>
>> He actually managed a successful detox before buying a Black and Decker
>> and a core drill
>
>That doesn't really answer my question ...

I can't see what question you're asking

--
geoff

Mary Fisher

Oct 27, 2004, 4:28:16 PM10/27/04

"raden" <ra...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

How do you know that trepanning was traditionally for exorcising the evil
spirits?

See above.

Mary

> --
> geoff

raden

Oct 27, 2004, 5:50:15 PM10/27/04
In message <418004de$0$2651$4c56...@master.news.zetnet.net>, Mary
Fisher <mary....@zetnet.co.uk> writes

>"raden" <ra...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> In message <417f53ad$0$2648$4c56...@master.news.zetnet.net>, Mary Fisher
>> <mary....@zetnet.co.uk> writes
>>>
>>>"raden" <ra...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

>>>That doesn't really answer my question ...
>>>>
>> I can't see what question you're asking
>
>How do you know that trepanning was traditionally for exorcising the evil
>spirits?

Well, I don't actually know, (not having suffered from such problems),
it's probably one of those accepted truths, there being few other viable
explanations . I seem to remember an article in New Scientist about it
too.

Google it, there is a lot out there

One has to ask, why you underwent such a procedure

--
geoff

Brian Sharrock

Oct 28, 2004, 1:20:06 AM10/28/04

"Mary Fisher" <mary....@zetnet.co.uk> wrote in message

From what I remember with the gas-pusher it was
count-down-man-ship ... ten, nine, e.i.g.h.t , zonk!

Actually, their ranks were 'more-or-less' irrelevant.
They were medical staff at a service hospital - before
the military's medical services were distributed around
The NHS. Nowadays there are only Military Wards as
opposed to Military Hospitals. Servicemen go onto
'normal' waiting lists for admission to NHS hospitals
while when mobilised huge chunks of medical staff
deploy away leaving NHS hospitals short of staff and wards.
It must have seemed a wizard wheeze when Tony first
heard about it ... but then he hadn't invoked the forty-five
minute threat.

--

Brian

Mary Fisher

Oct 28, 2004, 5:37:15 AM10/28/04

>>> I can't see what question you're asking
>>
>>How do you know that trepanning was traditionally for exorcising the evil
>>spirits?
>>
> Well, I don't actually know, (not having suffered from such problems),
> it's probably one of those accepted truths, there being few other viable
> explanations . I seem to remember an article in New Scientist about it
> too.

What we think of as viable explanations or accepted truths aren't proven
facts, there's no way it can be proved. It says more about modern human
perceptions of our forebears than of them.

> Google it, there is a lot out there

And of course if it's on the net it must be right :-)

> One has to ask, why you underwent such a procedure

I had a tumour, a benign one, a meningioma. The procedure was a craniotomy.
It was 100% successful in that all my distressing symptoms disappeared
immediately, I'm also still alive and despite rumours to the contrary as
sane as the next man.

That's you :-)

It was also a fascinating experience which I feel privileged to have had. I
do miss some of the 'heightened awareness' symptoms I had, I suspect they
were similar to what people on mind enhancing drugs have, but losing them
was worth it so that I was free of the nasties.

Mary

> geoff

Mary Fisher

Oct 28, 2004, 5:39:36 AM10/28/04

"Brian Sharrock" <b.sha...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

Oh ... our RAF son has RAF medical treatment, as does his family ... or
certainly did the lst time he discussed it a few weeks ago.

As for Our Glorious Leader ... no! I'll control myself.

Mary

> --
>
> Brian
>

> --