WBP

meow...@care2.com

Oct 22, 2008, 8:53:10 AM10/22/08
How weatherproof is WBP normally? I had a batch that delammed after
one rainfall. Wasn't too pleased.

NT

John Rumm

Oct 22, 2008, 9:18:04 AM10/22/08
meow...@care2.com wrote:

> How weatherproof is WBP normally?

Very

> I had a batch that delammed after
> one rainfall. Wasn't too pleased.

It wasn't WBP then...

I have had a sheet laying outside for years, and its still retains
perfect integrity (although obviously rather discoloured and mouldy
looking!)

--
Cheers,

John.

Dave Liquorice

Oct 22, 2008, 9:41:18 AM10/22/08
On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 05:53:10 -0700 (PDT), meow...@care2.com wrote:

> How weatherproof is WBP normally? I had a batch that delammed after
> one rainfall. Wasn't too pleased.

I suggest that it wasn't really WBP then. There are bits of 18mm WBP leant
against a wall outside with one end on the soil and getting well hidden by
undergrowth that have been there for a period measured in years but
haven't delaminated...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Andrew Gabriel

Oct 22, 2008, 3:26:49 PM10/22/08
In article <nyyfbegfubjuvyypb...@srv1.howhill.net>,

I've seen a couple of cases of the waterproof flooring chipboard
treated this way too, and been surprised that it survives without
damage.

--
Andrew Gabriel

meow...@care2.com

Oct 22, 2008, 5:33:46 PM10/22/08
On Oct 22, 2:41 pm, "Dave Liquorice" <allsortsnotthis...@howhill.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 05:53:10 -0700 (PDT), meow2...@care2.com wrote:
> > How weatherproof is WBP normally? I had a batch that delammed after
> > one rainfall. Wasn't too pleased.
>
> I suggest that it wasn't really WBP then. There are bits of 18mm WBP leant
> against a wall outside with one end on the soil and getting well hidden by
> undergrowth that have been there for a period measured in years but
> haven't delaminated...

Thats what I thought too, just wanted a sanity check. In which case
beware of Wickes WBP - it isnt.

NT

Grimly Curmudgeon

Oct 22, 2008, 7:59:28 PM10/22/08
drugs began to take hold. I remember meow...@care2.com saying something
like:

>How weatherproof is WBP normally? I had a batch that delammed after
>one rainfall. Wasn't too pleased.

I have an unpainted sheet doing service as the bottom have of a sliding
workshop door and it's been that way for ten years without flinching
from the weather.
There's a lot of crap sold as WBP now.

Dave Liquorice

Oct 23, 2008, 6:45:17 AM10/23/08
On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 14:33:46 -0700 (PDT), meow...@care2.com wrote:

> Thats what I thought too, just wanted a sanity check. In which case
> beware of Wickes WBP - it isnt.

I suprised that Wickes would be knowingly selling WBP that isn't. Maybe it
got shuffled in the racks by another customer, ply is ply is ply 'innit...

ISTR that WBP has stamped marking on the face(s) saying it is.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Message has been deleted

meow...@care2.com

Oct 23, 2008, 10:15:11 AM10/23/08
On Oct 23, 11:45 am, "Dave Liquorice" <allsortsnotthis...@howhill.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 14:33:46 -0700 (PDT), meow2...@care2.com wrote:
> > Thats what I thought too, just wanted a sanity check. In which case
> > beware of Wickes WBP - it isnt.
>
> I suprised that Wickes would be knowingly selling WBP that isn't. Maybe it
> got shuffled in the racks by another customer, ply is ply is ply 'innit...
>
> ISTR that WBP has stamped marking on the face(s) saying it is.

I bought a bunch of them, no rack shuffled stuff, and all were stamped
WBP on the side. But not remotely weatherproof.

NT

John Rumm

Oct 23, 2008, 4:44:58 PM10/23/08

I would take them back as not fit for purpose.

Clot

Oct 23, 2008, 7:39:08 PM10/23/08
John Rumm wrote:
> meow...@care2.com wrote:
>> On Oct 23, 11:45 am, "Dave Liquorice"
>> <allsortsnotthis...@howhill.com> wrote:
>>> I suprised that Wickes would be knowingly selling WBP that isn't.
>>> Maybe it got shuffled in the racks by another customer, ply is ply
>>> is ply 'innit... ISTR that WBP has stamped marking on the face(s) saying
>>> it is.
>>
>> I bought a bunch of them, no rack shuffled stuff, and all were
>> stamped WBP on the side. But not remotely weatherproof.
>
> I would take them back as not fit for purpose.
>

> /=================================================================\
>> Internode Ltd - http://www.internode.co.uk |
>> -----------------------------------------------------------------|
>> John Rumm - john(at)internode(dot)co(dot)uk |
> \=================================================================/

I'd have to disagree, they might have been fit for porpoise.

John Rumm

Oct 23, 2008, 7:43:42 PM10/23/08
Clot wrote:
> John Rumm wrote:

>> I would take them back as not fit for purpose.

> I'd have to disagree, they might have been fit for porpoise.

Sounds like they would have de-laminated long before the porpoise even
came up for air!

--
Cheers,

John.

meow...@care2.com

Oct 23, 2008, 10:37:52 PM10/23/08
On Oct 23, 9:44 pm, John Rumm <see.my.signat...@nowhere.null> wrote:

> meow2...@care2.com wrote:
> > On Oct 23, 11:45 am, "Dave Liquorice" <allsortsnotthis...@howhill.com>
> > wrote:

> >> I suprised that Wickes would be knowingly selling WBP that isn't. Maybe it
> >> got shuffled in the racks by another customer, ply is ply is ply 'innit...
>
> >> ISTR that WBP has stamped marking on the face(s) saying it is.
>
> > I bought a bunch of them, no rack shuffled stuff, and all were stamped
> > WBP on the side. But not remotely weatherproof.
>
> I would take them back as not fit for purpose.

Yes - told them what I thought too.

NT