LG direct drive washing machines

er...@blueyonder.co.uk

Sep 16, 2009, 4:19:18 PM9/16/09
Anybody got one and have an opinion please?

Models F1222 TD and F1247 TD of interest, mainly on discounted price.

Thanks

Bill Taylor

Sep 16, 2009, 6:08:49 PM9/16/09

We've got one called WM12220FD. It hasn't broken yet (had it for 4
years), it's quiet in operation, easy to operate, has a big drum and
seems to wash OK.

er...@blueyonder.co.uk

Sep 16, 2009, 6:23:12 PM9/16/09
On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 23:08:49 +0100, Bill Taylor <bi...@invalid.invalid>
wrote:

Thanks Bill. That tells me a bit about the build quality in general.

Cheers :)

Ian & Hilda Dedic

Sep 17, 2009, 7:03:57 AM9/17/09

I've got one too, only problem I've come across is that because of the
large output drain size (Large load drum) small items like hankies and
forgotten panty liners (yuk) end up in the filter, which tends to block
up and necessitate draining and cleaning out the filter from time to time.

Otherwise washes well, and can cope with a double duvet at a push.

dedics

slider

Sep 17, 2009, 7:03:27 AM9/17/09

<er...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> Anybody got one and have an opinion please?
>
> Models F1222 TD and F1247 TD of interest, mainly on discounted price.
>
> Thanks

We have the F1447. We really like it, big drum (8 kg), very quiet (even on
full spin). We got a good deal on ours, think we paid about �370 inc
delivery, but this included a discount as we originally ordered the 1247 but
the delivery time kept get putting back. Ended up getting the 1447 for the
same price as the 1247 and free delivery thrown in.

Our daughter likes is as it plays a tune once the wash is finished.

It also calculates how much water it needs and how long to wash per load,
based on the washing in the drum at that time.

We have had the machine about 6 weeks now and are impressed.

Bill

Sep 17, 2009, 6:38:04 AM9/17/09

<er...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

Wife has a WM-13220FD, different model but build quality is excellent. It
will only be 2 years old at the end of the year but she's very happy with
it. Bought from a local company where we buy all out white goods and we
trust them. We had gone there for a Meile but this was their recommendation
and we don't regret it. It replaced a 21 year old AEG so we were looking for
long life and reliability. Only problem we found was with the child lock.
Granddaughter can still switch the machine off which interrups the
programme.

Bill

er...@blueyonder.co.uk

Sep 17, 2009, 12:44:15 PM9/17/09
On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 11:38:04 +0100, "Bill" <bi...@abmorton.plus.com>
wrote:

>Wife has a WM-13220FD, different model but build quality is excellent. It
>will only be 2 years old at the end of the year but she's very happy with
>it. Bought from a local company where we buy all out white goods and we
>trust them. We had gone there for a Meile but this was their recommendation
>and we don't regret it. It replaced a 21 year old AEG so we were looking for
>long life and reliability. Only problem we found was with the child lock.
>Granddaughter can still switch the machine off which interrups the
>programme.
>
>Bill

LOL!

But you love her. :))

Thanks.

er...@blueyonder.co.uk

Sep 17, 2009, 12:45:10 PM9/17/09

Many thanks. Explains the door at the bottom on the front for quick
access. :))

er...@blueyonder.co.uk

Sep 17, 2009, 12:48:43 PM9/17/09

Thanks for this S.

I think we are happy to go for one. Out of numerous reviews everybody
was 5* except one elderly lady who may not have removed all the
packing before using, or she may have been unfortunate to have been
sent a rare box of junk, as hers made a terrible noise from the motor.

Thanks S and everyone. :))