Yikes!!! Read this

epwg1

Apr 23, 2002, 5:01:33 AM4/23/02
Hello all,

Heres a link to a site in the US. Scroll down to see an unbiased view of
apple and the Mac :o)

http://members.truepath.com/objective/propaganda.html

Bill

Hywel Davies

Apr 23, 2002, 5:46:20 AM4/23/02

They're after my two favourite obsessions Apple Macs and Dungeons and
Dragons!!!!!

What next? Rocky Horror Picture Show?

A similar site talking about D&D:-
http://www.logosresourcepages.org/gen_con.htm

(I know that this is way off topic but then again not quite)
Hywel@webs<NO-SPAM>wonder.net
Mad_M...@hotmail.com
http://www.weirdness-central.co.uk/
User error: Please replace user and press any key
If you find you are falling into madness - Dive!!

rob

Apr 23, 2002, 5:49:49 AM4/23/02
epwg1 wrote:

I read that the other day. Best laugh I've had in ages.
I particularly like the source code => communism angle.

Must go, I have to go sacrifice a goat or else my Lada won't start,
rob

D.M. Procida

Apr 23, 2002, 5:54:05 AM4/23/02
rob <r...@somewhere.uk> wrote:

> >http://members.truepath.com/objective/propaganda.html
>
> I read that the other day. Best laugh I've had in ages.
> I particularly like the source code => communism angle.

Funnily enough, that's (almost) Microsoft's angle on source code.

Daniele
--
Apple Juice. Macintosh service, support and sales, Cardiff
www.apple-juice.co.uk 029 2041 0050

Rexx Magnus

Apr 23, 2002, 6:00:06 AM4/23/02
epwg1 woke up on Tue, 23 Apr 2002 09:01:33 GMT and sat in uk.comp.sys.mac
writing in message news:aa37t0$7dr2q$1...@ID-72603.news.dfncis.de

If I'd not been at work, I'd have nearly wet myself laughing!

--
UO & AC Herbal - http://www.rexx.co.uk/herbal
Http://www.Deane-Saunders.co.uk

To email me change the domain to rexx[dot]co[dot]uk

James Dore

Apr 23, 2002, 6:55:38 AM4/23/02
Quoth epwg1 (ep...@yahoo.co.uk) in article <aa37t0$7dr2q$1@ID-
72603.news.dfncis.de>

Priceless, isn't it? <gratuitous-name-drop> As one of the few Mac-
supporting IT Officers in Oxford, I was shown it by Richard Dawkins (one
of our fellows and owner of $BIGNUM macs) who at first thought it had
escaped from The Onion. </g-n-d>

cheers,
--
James Dore, CNE: New College IT Officer
01865 279252

Peter Ashby

Apr 23, 2002, 9:47:09 AM4/23/02
In article <MPG.172f4e052...@news.ox.ac.uk>,
James Dore <james...@new.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> Priceless, isn't it? <gratuitous-name-drop> As one of the few Mac-
> supporting IT Officers in Oxford, I was shown it by Richard Dawkins (one
> of our fellows and owner of $BIGNUM macs) who at first thought it had
> escaped from The Onion. </g-n-d>

There seems to be some confusion over on uk.philosophy.atheism about the
item. someone thougth it was satire and he was American. Maybe I'm not
savvy enough about US culture to tell. What do people here think?

Me, I think its hilarious regardless of the intent, though not quite
enough to make me want to upgrade to X.

Peter

--
Peter Ashby
Wellcome Trust Biocentre

Rexx Magnus

Apr 23, 2002, 9:57:55 AM4/23/02
Peter Ashby woke up on Tue, 23 Apr 2002 13:47:09 GMT and sat in
uk.comp.sys.mac writing in message news:p.r.ashby-
7BC135.144...@dux.dundee.ac.uk

> There seems to be some confusion over on uk.philosophy.atheism about the
> item. someone thougth it was satire and he was American. Maybe I'm not
> savvy enough about US culture to tell. What do people here think?
>
> Me, I think its hilarious regardless of the intent, though not quite
> enough to make me want to upgrade to X.
>
> Peter

Don't you want licky buttons? *waves winegum around*

Peter Ashby

Apr 23, 2002, 12:34:36 PM4/23/02
In article <Xns91F9987FA3B...@130.133.1.4>,
Rexx Magnus <rexxm...@myrex.co.uk> wrote:

> Peter Ashby woke up on Tue, 23 Apr 2002 13:47:09 GMT and sat in
> uk.comp.sys.mac writing in message news:p.r.ashby-
> 7BC135.144...@dux.dundee.ac.uk
>
> > There seems to be some confusion over on uk.philosophy.atheism about the
> > item. someone thougth it was satire and he was American. Maybe I'm not
> > savvy enough about US culture to tell. What do people here think?
> >
> > Me, I think its hilarious regardless of the intent, though not quite
> > enough to make me want to upgrade to X.
> >
> > Peter
> >

> Don't you want licky buttons? *waves winegum around*

You can keep your disgusting perversions to yourself at this time of day
thankyou. I am a respectable married man and don't appreciate such
solicitations. Besides, my Mummy said never to accept sweets from
strange men.

Bob Wardrope

Apr 23, 2002, 4:27:48 PM4/23/02

That page seems to have disappeared and the account /objective/ in their
words 'has been disabled'!!

Bob W

rob

Apr 23, 2002, 5:27:17 PM4/23/02
Bob Wardrope wrote:

>> http://members.truepath.com/objective/propaganda.html
>>
>> Bill
>
>That page seems to have disappeared and the account /objective/ in their
>words 'has been disabled'!!

Maybe Apple's lawyers have pulled the plug.

Hywel Davies

Apr 24, 2002, 5:43:51 AM4/24/02

it's still there

Nockermensch

Apr 24, 2002, 1:07:16 PM4/24/02
Peter Ashby <p.r....@MAPS.dundee.ac.uk> wrote in message news:<p.r.ashby-7BC13...@dux.dundee.ac.uk>...

> In article <MPG.172f4e052...@news.ox.ac.uk>,
> James Dore <james...@new.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> > Priceless, isn't it? <gratuitous-name-drop> As one of the few Mac-
> > supporting IT Officers in Oxford, I was shown it by Richard Dawkins (one
> > of our fellows and owner of $BIGNUM macs) who at first thought it had
> > escaped from The Onion. </g-n-d>
>
> There seems to be some confusion over on uk.philosophy.atheism about the
> item. someone thougth it was satire and he was American. Maybe I'm not
> savvy enough about US culture to tell. What do people here think?
>
> Me, I think its hilarious regardless of the intent, though not quite
> enough to make me want to upgrade to X.
>
> Peter

It's a satire site. It took me some time to be sure, however, as
zealots can be terribly funny. But they gave themselves in the
member's page. Jack Holgroth (their game theorist) would surely have
more links in the net pointing to his work if he was in fact a
theorist who single-handly figured an answer for an important problem.

No, I'm not THIS dense, but I was looking for some definitive proof of
that heap of christian intolerance was actually a joke.

@ @ Nockermensch, by the way, that site is VERY funny. Not the
slapstick fun of LandoverBaptists.org, but fun anyway.

Rev Nigel Coke-Woods

Apr 24, 2002, 2:42:05 PM4/24/02
On 24/4/02 6:07 pm, in article
4769522f.02042...@posting.google.com, "Nockermensch"
<nocker...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> No, I'm not THIS dense, but I was looking for some definitive proof of
> that heap of christian intolerance was actually a joke.

We've been discussing this elsewhere in this group - where have you been? I
have been arguing, to the disbelief of some, that from a my perspective this
is definitely a spoof. As for intolerance and Christian, in practice
sometimes they sadly go had in had, especially at the lunatic fringe, but in
truth they are contradictions in terms. The spoof is a good one because it
is too near the truth for some sections of the faith, but you will never
hear crap like this in my Church or in any I care to associate with. To that
extent I am intolerant.

Nigel
--
Rev. Nigel Coke-Woods TSSF, Methodist Minister
ni...@coke-woods.co.uk www.coke-woods.co.uk

Bob Wardrope

Apr 24, 2002, 3:15:44 PM4/24/02
Hywel Davies wrote:
<snip>

> it's still there
> --

I tried 4 or 5 times to access that page last night, about 5 mins before
my post - no joy, but it is, I must admit, there now.

Bob W

Paul Grayson

Apr 24, 2002, 2:35:11 AM4/24/02
In article <3CC5C3C4...@removeblueyonder.co.uk>, Bob Wardrope wrote:

> epwg1 wrote:
>
> That page seems to have disappeared and the account /objective/ in their
> words 'has been disabled'!!

It was listed as a link on slashdot.org yesterday. That would have
generated thousands of hits, bringing the site to it's needs. Yet
another example of the 'Slashdot Effect' in action.

Rowland McDonnell

Apr 24, 2002, 10:57:23 PM4/24/02
Rev Nigel Coke-Woods <ni...@coke-woods.co.uk> wrote:

[snip]

> As for intolerance and Christian, in practice sometimes they sadly go had
> in had, especially at the lunatic fringe, but in truth they are
> contradictions in terms. The spoof is a good one because it is too near
> the truth for some sections of the faith, but you will never hear crap
> like this in my Church

[snip]

Well, yes, but you're a Methodist - and Methodism is about the most
civilised branch of Christianity there is in my book.

Rowland.

--
Remove the animal for email address: rowland....@dog.physics.org
PGP pub key 0x62DCCA78 Sorry - the spam got to me

Rev Nigel Coke-Woods

Apr 25, 2002, 5:38:50 AM4/25/02
On 25/4/02 3:57 am, in article
1fb6g1m.10ehzndiu2lu1N%real-addr...@flur.bltigibbet, "Rowland
McDonnell" <real-addr...@flur.bltigibbet> wrote:

> Well, yes, but you're a Methodist - and Methodism is about the most
> civilised branch of Christianity there is in my book.
>
> Rowland.

Bless you, my son

Nockermensch

Apr 25, 2002, 12:53:04 PM4/25/02
Rev Nigel Coke-Woods <ni...@coke-woods.co.uk> wrote in message news:<B8ECBB0D.C414%ni...@coke-woods.co.uk>...

> On 24/4/02 6:07 pm, in article
> 4769522f.02042...@posting.google.com, "Nockermensch"
> <nocker...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > No, I'm not THIS dense, but I was looking for some definitive proof of
> > that heap of christian intolerance was actually a joke.
>
> We've been discussing this elsewhere in this group - where have you been? I
> have been arguing, to the disbelief of some, that from a my perspective this
> is definitely a spoof. As for intolerance and Christian, in practice
> sometimes they sadly go had in had, especially at the lunatic fringe, but in
> truth they are contradictions in terms. The spoof is a good one because it
> is too near the truth for some sections of the faith, but you will never
> hear crap like this in my Church or in any I care to associate with. To that
> extent I am intolerant.
>
> Nigel

Sorry Rev, I got this crossposted from the newsgroup I usually check.
See, I'm not from England and I don't even have a mac. By the way,
more christians should think like you.

@ @ Nockermensch, who's really just a semi-regular @ rec.games.frp.dnd

Luke Bosman

Apr 25, 2002, 1:04:21 PM4/25/02
real-addr...@flur.bltigibbet (Rowland McDonnell) wrote:

> Well, yes, but you're a Methodist - and Methodism is about the most
> civilised branch of Christianity there is in my book.

Are the Quakers fighting for first position?

Luke

--
Help save Bury FC! It could be your club next.

http://www.buryfc.co.uk/today/view/breaking_news_detail/0,,10422~183167,00.html

Ian Benjamin, May 1991

Rowland McDonnell

Apr 25, 2002, 5:12:23 PM4/25/02
Luke Bosman <spamb...@shrimper.org.uk> wrote:

> In article
> <1fb6g1m.10ehzndiu2lu1N%real-addr...@flur.bltigibbet>,
> real-addr...@flur.bltigibbet (Rowland McDonnell) wrote:
>

> > Well, yes, but you're a Methodist - and Methodism is about the most
> > civilised branch of Christianity there is in my book.
>
> Are the Quakers fighting for first position?

Hmm... I wouldn't argue that Quakers aren't in general about as
civilised as you can get; but Methodism has long struck me as a good
deal more relaxed (there's no longer a *ban* on boozing and betting), so
I call it a more civilised sect in that regard.

Rev Nigel Coke-Woods

Apr 25, 2002, 6:04:54 PM4/25/02
On 25/4/02 6:04 pm, in article
spambosman-62755...@slb-newsm1.svr.pol.co.uk, "Luke Bosman"
<spamb...@shrimper.org.uk> wrote:

> In article
> <1fb6g1m.10ehzndiu2lu1N%real-addr...@flur.bltigibbet>,
> real-addr...@flur.bltigibbet (Rowland McDonnell) wrote:
>

>> Well, yes, but you're a Methodist - and Methodism is about the most
>> civilised branch of Christianity there is in my book.
>
> Are the Quakers fighting for first position?
>
> Luke

Contradiction in terms, old boy. They're pacifists.

Rowland McDonnell

Apr 25, 2002, 9:10:39 PM4/25/02
Rev Nigel Coke-Woods <ni...@coke-woods.co.uk> wrote:

> On 25/4/02 6:04 pm, in article
> spambosman-62755...@slb-newsm1.svr.pol.co.uk, "Luke Bosman"
> <spamb...@shrimper.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > In article
> > <1fb6g1m.10ehzndiu2lu1N%real-addr...@flur.bltigibbet>,
> > real-addr...@flur.bltigibbet (Rowland McDonnell) wrote:
> >

> >> Well, yes, but you're a Methodist - and Methodism is about the most
> >> civilised branch of Christianity there is in my book.
> >
> > Are the Quakers fighting for first position?

[snip]

> Contradiction in terms, old boy. They're pacifists.

But quite happy to be competitive in certain situations.

Luke Bosman

Apr 26, 2002, 12:23:28 PM4/26/02
In article <B8EE3C16.C4F9%ni...@coke-woods.co.uk>,

Rev Nigel Coke-Woods <ni...@coke-woods.co.uk> wrote:

> On 25/4/02 6:04 pm, in article
> spambosman-62755...@slb-newsm1.svr.pol.co.uk, "Luke Bosman"
> <spamb...@shrimper.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > In article
> > <1fb6g1m.10ehzndiu2lu1N%real-addr...@flur.bltigibbet>,
> > real-addr...@flur.bltigibbet (Rowland McDonnell) wrote:

> >> Well, yes, but you're a Methodist - and Methodism is about the most
> >> civilised branch of Christianity there is in my book.

> > Are the Quakers fighting for first position?

> Contradiction in terms, old boy. They're pacifists.

I'm aware... It was a pun but I omitted the smiley as I prefer to be
deadpan.

Cheers,