Quickest way to convert protected AAC to MP3

Mr B;

Jun 8, 2007, 4:32:34 PM6/8/07
Is there an easier way to convert an iTMS purchase to MP3 than burning
a CD and then re-importing it into iTunes?

When re-importing it, is there a simple way to put those tracks in a
folder, not re-add them to the iTunes directory structure?

Seems like this would be a common question, but I can't find a neat
answer :-)

cheers,

B;

J. J. Lodder

Jun 9, 2007, 4:02:24 AM6/9/07
Mr B; <jeremy...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Is there an easier way to convert an iTMS purchase to MP3 than burning
> a CD and then re-importing it into iTunes?

iMovie will do it, but that takes more work, in practice.

> When re-importing it, is there a simple way to put those tracks in a
> folder, not re-add them to the iTunes directory structure?

You'll find them in the unknow artist, unknown album folder.
Make sure it is empty before you begin, and you have them all.
With some luck CDDB will recognise the CD though, if it's whole.

> Seems like this would be a common question, but I can't find a neat
> answer :-)

The idea is that there shouldn't be,

Jan

Wayne Stuart

Jun 9, 2007, 9:38:10 AM6/9/07
Mr B; <jeremy...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Haven't got any to try, but I'd imagine Wiretap should do the job.

<http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/25421>

In free mode, all it does is effectively route whatever audio is being
played to an AIFF file which you can then use iTunes to convert it to
whatever format you want.

Do bear in mind though, you will be lossy encoding that which has
already been lossy encoded, so some loss of quality will be inevitable.
Unless you use Apple Lossless of course.

--
This message was brought to you by Wayne Stuart - Have a nice day!

Reasons why not to choose Macintosh... debunked:
<http://homepage.ntlworld.com/wssenterprises/whynotmacfaq/>