BlackBooks have user-replaceable disk drives?

zoara

May 17, 2006, 5:40:00 AM5/17/06

This article:

http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=1750

says that the disk inside the MacBooks is user-replaceable (ie without
dismantling the machine). That's good.

Can't find any other reports of this, I'm guessing Google's spiders are
catching up with the news.

-z-

Bob Wardrope

May 17, 2006, 6:13:39 AM5/17/06

I read this last night - remove the battery then a foil shield and you
gain access to the HDD. More straightforward than at present with an
iBook. :-)

Bob W

Graham J Lee

May 17, 2006, 7:02:22 AM5/17/06
On 17/5/06 10:40, zoara wrote:
> This article:
>
> http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=1750
>
> says that the disk inside the MacBooks is user-replaceable (ie without
> dismantling the machine). That's good.

The close-up of the keyboard in that article made me think "Z88".

Jim

May 17, 2006, 7:04:22 AM5/17/06

Thank Cthulhu it wasn't just me then!

Jim
--
Find me at http://www.ursaMinorBeta.co.uk
JediGeeks http://www.jedigeeks.com

Graham J Lee

May 17, 2006, 7:09:59 AM5/17/06
On 17/5/06 12:04, Jim wrote:
> In article <e4evqc$q4s$1...@news.ox.ac.uk>, Graham J Lee wrote:
>> On 17/5/06 10:40, zoara wrote:
>>> This article:
>>>
>>> http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=1750
>>>
>>> says that the disk inside the MacBooks is user-replaceable (ie without
>>> dismantling the machine). That's good.
>>>
>> The close-up of the keyboard in that article made me think "Z88".
>
> Thank Cthulhu

Ia! Ia!

> it wasn't just me then!

I hope it's as silent as the Z88 k/b...

Jim

May 17, 2006, 7:14:03 AM5/17/06
In article <e4f08k$q7c$2...@news.ox.ac.uk>, Graham J Lee wrote:

>>> The close-up of the keyboard in that article made me think "Z88".
>>
>> Thank Cthulhu
>
> Ia! Ia!
>
>> it wasn't just me then!
>
> I hope it's as silent as the Z88 k/b...

I hope it's as silent as the Z88.

Chris Ridd

May 17, 2006, 7:59:50 AM5/17/06
On 17/5/06 12:02, in article e4evqc$q4s$1...@news.ox.ac.uk, "Graham J Lee"
<uk.ac.ox.phy...@leeg.invalid> wrote:

Yes, strange that. Have you actually put ALGOL on your CV then?

Cheers,

Chris

Graham J Lee

May 17, 2006, 12:38:18 PM5/17/06

I'm hoping to produce a VALGOL compiler for Darwin ;-)

ortho...@invalid.invalid

May 18, 2006, 12:45:11 PM5/18/06

Too bad Apple didn't make the Intel iMacs with user-replacable HDs.
As it is, one must go through an entire dismantling process to replace
the HD, unless he wants to send it into Apple, or bring it to an Apple
store.

Please reply to the original newsgroup and thread,
so that the conversation may continue undisturbed.

Bob Wardrope

May 19, 2006, 4:20:49 PM5/19/06

Update: - the video <http://youtube.com/watch?v=8c6ckjy-gdY>

It's easier than replacing a Tibook HDD and that was straightforward.

Bob W

Message has been deleted

zoara

May 19, 2006, 10:28:56 PM5/19/06